blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:30:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Luton Calling.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton Calling.  (Read 115330 times)
Ransom

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2014, 06:30:23 AM »

Evening Blonde,

I've been playing live around Luton for the past 2 years since moving to Bedford from Cornwall, mainly in the G but now more in Genting until I am allowed back into the G at managements' discretion.

In June of this year I self excluded myself from the G in a fit of tilt after dumping the money I got from winning their Saturday tourney on the cash tables. I thought I could self ban for a week or two to cool off and come back after my trip to Malia, but apparently it's a 6 month minimum. Currently awaiting contact from Grovesnor regarding my application to reinstate my membership for the new year.

Tilt isn't something I've really had problems with, but after being smacked about that night and dropping 100bb after 100bb to Luton's special brand of Saturday night cash game players I felt I had to sit out for a few weeks. Sadly that has turned out to be 6 months.

I'm currently working 4 nights a week from home taking chauffeur bookings over the phone for big pharma companies (GSK, AstraZeneca etc), and I'm lucky to have a job where I might do an hour of work in an 8 hour shift which opens up quite a big window to grind online at the same time. I have recently ended a staking deal to play MTTs online on good terms and I am going to be taking my roll to the live felt as I find live poker much more enjoyable, especially in Luton where I find it to be a good laugh and Raj (and George when he was there) and the guys at the G do a great job with their cardroom and putting up with my nonsense and awful jokes.

Another reason for making this thread is I don't have many friends in Poker, and I think there's a big Luton contingent here. I have the odd acquaintance but they seem to be perpetually bust and want to sell 90% of their action for a £50 comp and are never interested in actually discussing spots which is a shame.

I've probably played against most people here from Luton and I think I may not have the best reputation among them as I have a habit of drinking at the tables and being a bit boisterous due to anxiety. I typically have to have a pint or three to get me relaxed around other people and that is a massive life leak I have to fix. Maybe Valium or something.

Anyway...next stop - Genting Luton and their Superslow £5000 GTD on Saturday. Here's hoping to be on the good end of a 14 way chop.

Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 06:45:33 AM »

The £5000 GTD at Genting Luton on Saturday seems like it's going to be a fun comp to play. £60 buy in with £10 juice.

Genting puts quite a high rake on because of their league, and it's quite frustrating having to pay the extra £5 or so for a league I don't play in. The fact the structure is 'Superslow' makes me want to play it more as I find that their tourney structures are way too fast. 22 minute clock with a bunch of level jumps early on (no 75/150, 250/500).

Genting seems to have a massive amount of regs, and I've been playing against them for the last 12 months so with the longer levels I feel it should be a good comp for me.

The G has the 25/25 this weekend and I'm gutted to be missing out due to my aforementioned self exclusion. Was really hoping I could just go back in and re-reg there but I have to go through the process of writing them a letter and awaiting their response with a yay or nay like it's the XFactor.
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 07:47:32 AM »

I've become quite a big fan of playing Dealer's Choice in the past few months. I've always done alright in the 8Game on Stars and I find the mix of games a lot more interesting and it can really help in breaking up the monotony of playing Holdem cash live.

I am a self confessed Superstud and Lowball degen and my favourite games online are Razz and Stud 8 or Better (I know right..) - but the DC game in Genting seems to be the same rotation of about 10 players and it feels quite alienating when they all to be good friends and I am very much the elephant in the room taking up a seat one of their pals could have so I don't play it as often as I like. Had a good few laughs at the table and we all had a 20 minute conversation about old WWE wrestling for some reason, but it's very much a 'new kid in school' feeling. I hope I haven't made anyone else feel the same when I was at the G playing holdem cash with 5 people I know and one that I don't, even if my jokes and half cut demeanor turn me into an unfunny Will Kassouf. 

Can't say I'm the biggest fan of 6 Card Omaha when stacks get as deep as they do at that DC game. It seems to be on the paddle for 5 out of 8 hands on the rotation, maybe hi lo or Corcheval with it but I'm not comfortable putting 300BB on the line in 6O on what I feel is a glorified flip.

I'm sat in that game far too often when I'm probably the fish at the table given the lack of holdem cash as Gentings most nights I can play. But then how good do you have to be to get it in with A23hhh in Superstud?

I'm really looking forward to getting back onto the grind in Luton at the G once I get reinstated. If you play there or have seen me chuffing on my massive e-cig and being so pissed I can't stack my own chips please say hello.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 12:22:59 PM »

Welcome to blonde.

Good start to the diary.

Who are you?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 12:37:01 PM »

Welcome to Blonde

I play at Luton 2-3 times a week, mostly G sometimes Genting, let me know who u are and I'll introduce myself if we cross paths. I mainly play 1/2 cash with the odd tournament thrown in.
aetos

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 12:56:29 PM »

Welcome to blonde, happy to here from another dc player looking forward for hand analysis and stories from dc games!! If u ever take the trip up north (nottingham) we do play couple of good dc games mid week it would be nice to meet in person!! Smiley
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 01:12:13 PM »

Welcome to Blonde sir.

"An unfunny Will Kassouf" = Will Kassouf obv.

Are you John Griffin?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 01:13:35 PM »

Thanks for the welcome!

I'll use the template from the profile section to give more information about myself -

What is your BlondePoker username?
- Ransom  

Which area do you live in?
- Bedford, but originally from Redruth, Cornwall.

What is your marital status?
- Single, not for want of trying.

Do you have any children and/or pets?  
- A dog called Colin. Actual bellend of an animal.        

When did you start playing poker?
- I was 14/15 - poker became a bit of a fad in school after the Moneymaker win and we were all at it on this little play money site called TripleJack. I seem to be the only one who's stuck at it.

Where can you be found playing live?
- Luton G and Genting - sometimes Aspers Stratford.

What is your favourite online site?
- Pokerstars by far, though I am enjoying 888 right now for their very soft tourneys.

What is your handle there?
- WalderFrey - Big Game of Thrones fan, bad guys are way more fun. Plus CheckFoldLOL was taken which was my original screen name on PartyPoker from years ago.

What is the harshest beat you have inflicted on an opponent?
- I have been on the receiving end of many one outers at the Luton G, can't say I've inflicted any huge beats. My thing seems to be fading 16 out draws and massive wraps in PLO almost every time. I'm sure it'll all come crashing down soon.

Who are your poker heroes?
- Phil Galfond, Jason Somerville.

Who is your best friend in poker?
- My sister, I taught her to play about 2 years ago and we spend a lot of time discussing spots. She's going from strength to strength as a player and it's exciting to follow her progress.  

What are your greatest accomplishments in poker?
- Won pretty much every regular comp the Luton G offered as of 6 months ago, taking down Gus Hansen at $5/$10 2-7 on FullTilt (but who hasn't these days) when he sat my table for some reason.

What is your most embarrassing moment in poker?
--Having one too many drinks, getting AA pre on final table and just open shoving and insta-turning my hand face up before anyone else could act. Fold Fold Fold Fold Fold.  

Which Blondepoker thread did you enjoy the most?
- Prose From A Posh Boy - My inspiration for this thread.

The thing I love most about BlondePoker is?
- Yet to be determined but it looks like a friendly community.

My biggest pet hate in poker is?
- Limp limp limp limp - *RAISE* - call, call, call, call, call

What are your main interests outside poker?
- This question has really stumped me. I'm a big UFC fan, and I'm quite into gaming, though not as much as I used to be.

Tell us something about yourself none of us would know
- I was a professional Youtuber for about 2 years when I was 17-19, making a mug of myself on camera for Google Adsense money.

What is your favourite pie filling?
- Mince. Christmas Mince, not beef mince.

Who is your favourite singer?
- Dolly Parton and I'm not even sorry.

What is your favourite song?
- Right now, Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars. All time, no idea. My music taste is a bit eclectic, you'd be horrified at my Spotify and the things I listen to at the tables.  

Who is your ideal man or woman?
- Probably Taylor Swift or Alison Brie. Maybe a cyborg mash of the two.

What is your favourite holiday destination?
- Greece. I would up sticks and snap move there if the laws about poker income wasn't so strange.

If I could change one thing about myself I would?
- Have gone to Uni instead of sacking it off to play poker. Poker has been kind to me over the years but it could have waited 3 years.  

-------

For those that might have seen me around, my name is Harry. Usually bearded, black hair and I have a strange accent that puts me halfway between Eton schoolboy and one of the Wurzels.

Depending on my state of inebriation I can seem overly nervous and reserved, or overly chatty.  Manic checkraiser and chip shuffler, usually spaz my chips everywhere fiddling with them and I fold out of turn at least once an orbit. I chain smoke a big old e-cig and constantly have to endure dildo jokes because of it.

Might come across as a bit of an entitled online poker brat internet kid, however I really don't mean to.
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 01:14:42 PM »

Welcome to Blonde sir.

Are you John Griffin?

No sir, but I believe we have crossed paths.

We chopped a round of each comp at Genting around 3 weeks ago?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 01:16:40 PM »

Chompy chopped a comp?

Unlike him.

Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 01:19:05 PM »

Chompy chopped a comp?

Unlike him.

I could be mistaken, unless this is a joke I'm not privy to as of yet
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2014, 01:20:12 PM »

Welcome to Blonde sir.

Are you John Griffin?

Round of each? Not me sir. Can't play Omaha. Or Hold'em.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2014, 01:20:42 PM »

Chompy chopped a comp?

Unlike him.

Well, he's a tall bald guy, terrible at poker, normally heard about 15 out asking for a saver, then from about 8 out asking for a chop. Sound familiar?

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 01:24:11 PM »

Welcome to Blonde sir.

Are you John Griffin?

Round of each? Not me sir. Can't play Omaha. Or Hold'em.

Verified....  ^^^

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2014, 01:24:50 PM »

Chompy chopped a comp?

Unlike him.

Well, he's a tall bald guy, terrible at poker, normally heard about 15 out asking for a saver, then from about 8 out asking begging for a chop. Sound familiar?

FYP

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: