blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:04:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Monte Carlo Auction
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Monte Carlo Auction  (Read 13326 times)
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2011, 10:40:39 AM »

sent

glgl

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2011, 05:30:06 PM »

neeko: 5% - £81.75
pleno1: 1% - £16.35
milligan84: 5% - £81.75
Girgy85: 5% - £81.75
FUN4FRASER: 14% - £228.90

As of 5pm today have received from all but neeko, am sure that's forthcoming tho so tyty everybody and let's do this
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2011, 05:30:43 PM »

Entertaining thread.  GL

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 17, 2011, 10:02:55 AM »

if i didn't love keys so much id defo be anti-railing the fuck out of him.

as it happens I hope he gets HU with a 5-1 chip lead before losing to his incredibly talented and exceptionally handsome opponent, and is forced to accept afterwards he does not need a job.

neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2011, 02:30:12 PM »

neeko: 5% - £81.75
pleno1: 1% - £16.35
milligan84: 5% - £81.75
Girgy85: 5% - £81.75
FUN4FRASER: 14% - £228.90

As of 5pm today have received from all but neeko, am sure that's forthcoming tho so tyty everybody and let's do this

I bank with Santander - I think they still use carrier Pigeons to communicate.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2011, 06:03:00 PM »

Such a brilliant idea. Good Luck Keeeeeys!
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2011, 05:23:24 PM »

OK didn't do a win but will do a quick TR to give the thread some closure.

Basically had a number of false starts finally busting shoving 17.4k with A7o over an open in the 500/1000 level. Tournament was defined by 3 hands against Tom Kugelstadt where I made at least 2 pretty big mistakes in my opinion:

hand 1: playing 30k at 200/400+50 Jose Pena (really loves the game) limped utg and got overlimped by 3 or 4 people to my button where I raised to 2100 with J8. Only Tom called in mid position and we saw a flop of K97r. Tom checked and I bet 2200 into about 5k with my gutshot (bit too small on reflection, I know I'm always barrelling here but think Tom might be tempted by the direct odds and not think about how he's gonna get to showdown), Tom calls. Turn is an offsuit 6 giving me an up-and-down now, Tom checks I bet 5400 leaving 18.3k behind for a river shove, Tom calls. River is another K pairing the board, Tom checks. I had planned to shove pretty much every river when I bet the turn because although he never ever believes me (we have history) it would be difficult for Tom to call off all his chips with any pair <K (we had pretty much the same stack at the start of the hand). The fact that he never believes means it's easier for him to get to the river with some bad hands that he would now fold in my opinion. When it came to it tho I lost my nerve, I know I'm getting snapped off by any King and I looked at the 18k as 45bbs and thought how much I could do with those chips on such a soft table (the 2 players to my left were abs granite, then there was Jose with 90k chips that are always in play, and I had position on the 3 better players to my right). Also this thread may have entered my thinking slightly but losing other people's money has never bothered me before so I'm not sure how much bearing this had on my play. I'm pretty sure if Jose wasn't there I would have shoved but thought better of it, checked back and lost to Tom's 75s (pair of sevens). He said he was calling but I still think I've missed a pretty big open goal by not shoving there.

hand 2: playing 25k or so at 300/600+75 I open A5s utg, Tom peels the cutoff playing <18k and Marc Foggin peels the bb. The flop comes K24 2 spades and a heart giving me a gutshot and backdoor flush draw. Marc checks, I bet 2025 and Tom calls in position, Marc folds. Turn is an offsuit 5, I thought Tom had about 13k at this point so I bet 3050 to set up a river jam (I wasn't actually planning to go through with it this time, for a number of reasons: because of the hand before, because I have some showdown value and because it's a smaller shove in terms of bbs) which gives me a pretty good price on my bluff. However he quickly shoved all in for what turned out to be 14.5k. Now I kind of get the feeling I'm ahead, if Tom has anything to bluff-catch with why not let me bluff? So I feel like he probably has a flush draw, but if he has a flush draw and wants to get it in why not raise the flop? Why shove a flush draw now when I'm giving such good odds with my 3k into 9k bet? Eventually I decided he probably had something that he wants to protect against the flush draw, which might have been the right read because after I folded flashing the 5 he showed me 64s. It's hard to get more owned than that tbh, he called the flop when he was ahead and then turned his hand into a bluff when it went behind on the turn.

3rd hand vs Tom, no mistake this time: I had doubled up with QQ > AK vs Marc to 40k+ when Tom opened to 1800 in early pos, I called in the cutoff with ATs and Jose made up out of the bb. The flop came T73r and both checked to me so I bet 2375 or so, Jose folded and Tom shoved, I never asked for a count but I think it was about 15k, so enough to put me on a 60k stack if I win the pot. Tom had 88 but spiked the 8 on the river Sad. This left me with 20k-ish.

I got moved to a new table shortly afterwards and went through the blinds after they went up to 500/1000 to leave me with the aforementioned 17.4k. A reasonably young-looking guy minraise-opened in utg+2, it was the first time he had vpip in the 8 or so hands I'd been at the table but it was also the first time it had been folded to him, so I figured it was a pretty good spot to shove light, A7o looked plenty good enough but unfortunately he had AQ and held. I got to 40k chips 3 or 4 times early on but couldn't string 2 wins together unfortunately, however hard I tried. Sorry guys Sad
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2011, 05:36:09 PM »

excellent tr which i actually understand, and re confirms my theory that you are definatly good value at whatever you decide to ask for.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2011, 06:21:10 PM »

Couple of questions James's if you don't mind:

1) Isn't the J8 hand just spew? How wide would u be punishing the limpers with or is it all situational?

2) Is tom's call pre against your button raise also spew considering he's oop to James mfkin Keys?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2011, 06:25:14 PM »

1) Isn't the J8 hand just spew? How wide would u be punishing the limpers with or is it all situational?

2) Is tom's call pre against your button raise also spew considering he's oop to James mfkin Keys?

In reverse order: 2) It is spew if I'm firing third barrels, and 1) It's not spew if I play well postflop and fire the 3rd barrel, pretty good situation to get heads up with any of the limpers and not the end of the world if I get 2 or more callers because J8 doesn't flop that badly imo
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2011, 06:28:35 PM »

In reverse order: 2) It is spew if I'm firing third barrels, and 1) It's not spew if I play well postflop and fire the 3rd barrel, pretty good situation to get heads up with any of the limpers and not the end of the world if I get 2 or more callers because J8 doesn't flop that badly imo

Thx mate. I've been trying to tighten up a little in these spots. ie: peeling with shit OOP and punishing limpers too light. Spose in this comp when you're this deep it can be a little different to your usual 10-15k starting stack

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2011, 06:31:10 PM »

Thx mate. I've been trying to tighten up a little in these spots. ie: peeling with shit OOP and punishing limpers too light. Spose in this comp when you're this deep it can be a little different to your usual 10-15k starting stack

Yeah, it's not a standout raise but I got there by process of elimination really, limping behind is terrible and with Jose limping 30-50% there (and raising his good hands) I can be pretty sure nobody's range is very strong so I don't like a fold either.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2011, 06:36:51 PM »

the A5 seems bad from both- no reason for him to believe u are ever bet folding better than 64, and no hand that he beats has much equity so no reason for him ever to shove. Likewise no reason for you to bet fold the turn when you know his shoving range is far more weighted to draw combos than better made hands. But u know this anyway
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: