blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:27:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Blatch style staking for the soft 5/10 game in Vegas
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blatch style staking for the soft 5/10 game in Vegas  (Read 13650 times)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2011, 09:25:27 AM »

Quote from: Blatch
Im also looking for staking into a cash game which is outside my roll at this time.  Last year I played a few sit downs of 5/10 at the Venetian and did very well, I updated a blog that showed how I was getting on here : http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=42705.0

Generally I made a nice sum but after getting too confident lost a full sit down but got this back at a later date.  For the cash im looking for a total of $7k which is going to be half of my cash roll whilst there.  The $14k will be pooled and used solely at the Venetian for their 5/10 game.  All profits will be split 60/40 in my favour, reason for this is that I feel the swing here should be a lot steadier has much more chance of a decent return than any tournament whilst out there.  Should the roll reach a total of $25k whilst out there I will come back on here and seek every backers permission to sit at the 10/20 game at the Venetian or possibly the Bellagio.  If one person says no then ill stick to the 5/10.  When playing cash games, I like to sit deep and generally sit with around 300-500 bb's.

What a hero that man really was. I miss him and hope he see's this thread and takes it in the good nature it is meant!

Right this is another comedy staking thread devised by Mr Russell and myself whilst drinking pint number 4 last night (this is when all the best plans come together!)

I am looking for staking into the 5/10 and possibly 10/20 games in the Venetian in between Xmas and New Year.

As many of you know I am more interested in fun times than the grind so the session I will play on this stake will be exactly 2 hours long.

And thats it. No more poker.

What ever is left at the end will be changed for the largest chip denominations possible and Sophles will choose a roulette table where the fund will be placed on 0 and the neighbours.

Should 0 and the neighbours hit, then the same bet will be placed. This will be repeated until we do not hit.
This is the same exact bet, it will not be increased so if the original bet is $100 x 5 then $400 will be used on the next spin to bring it back to $100 on all 5 numbers.

Selling in $100 blocks and it will work as follows

<$500 sold this doesnt go ahead
$500 - $1150 sold I will play 1/2 with 2 x $200 bullets, this will be added to the remainder for roulette
$1151 - $2300 sold I will play 2/5 with 2 x $500 bullets, this will be added to the remainder for roulette
$2301 - $4600 sold I will play THE SOFT 5/10 with 2 x $1000 bullets, this will be added to the remainder for roulette
>$4601 sold I will play 10/20 with 2 x $2000 bullets, this will be added to the remainder for roulette

Some of you may be asking about my poker qualifications to play at this level and I would like to state now I have no reason to believe I am profitable at this level of pokerz but I do have a pretty good record at 1/2 Smiley Anyone concerned with this however is clearly in the wrong thread.

I will be playing the pokerz pretty tight, but wont be scared to get it in if I think were in good shape. The figures above all allow for me to lose both buyins at poker, and we still get our money back if we hit on the roulette.

I will update on this thread while I play and hopefully this will be scheduled so you can all follow the balance thats going to the wheel of fun.

Not sure what they are a like with photo's while your playing but I will do my best to get the evidence.

Sure a few people can vouch for me on here that this will not end in a Blatchesque fashion, but we could well end up with nothing  Smiley

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 09:26:57 AM »

I will start the bowl rolling by having $200

StuartHopkin  $200    PAID
Woodsey       $100    PAID
GreekStein     $100
RoyalFlush      $500
Outragous      $100
h                  $100   PAID
EvilPie            $200
Titbeans         $100  PAID
Claypole         $100  PAID

Current total $1400
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 08:53:31 AM by StuartHopkin » Logged

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 09:27:33 AM »

Selling at 1.0 obv

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 09:28:18 AM »

Guess I'd be silly not to have a $100, might even rail  Cheesy

Would be surprised if there is a 10/20 game at the Venetian btw.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 09:30:36 AM by Woodsey » Logged
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 09:34:40 AM »

In for a hundo as long as the roulette is just a zero neighbours bet.

If sophles is putting chips on every number, I'm ooooot.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 09:35:18 AM »

monkey

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 09:36:29 AM »

Selling at 1.0 obv

What makes you think you have such an edge?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 09:38:24 AM »

Selling at 1.0 obv

What makes you think you have such an edge?

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 09:45:10 AM »

$100

I love the fact that someone else knows the 4 pint prophecy!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
h

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 09:50:46 AM »

sounds like fun / complete waste off time

in $100
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 09:56:28 AM »

Ha ha

Good point Woodsey! I will try to arrange it so Woodsey is around if possible.

I have no reason to believe 1.0 is justified Kin, but selling at .92 would be awkward

Money to be sent by bank transfer where possible, stars if not.

Will PM out bank details early next week and will leave this running as long as possible to get the fund as high as possible

I have a beautiful vision of walking over to the roulette and having the neighbours by $2k :-)

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 10:00:38 AM »

Do you realize that the roulette wheels in LV have a totally different layout to our European ones?

Not only is the layout different but they also have two zeros, 0 and 00.

Put me down for 00.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 10:03:07 AM »

Good point Ralph, but there are European wheels to be found!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 10:03:18 AM »

Ralph makes a valid point. Vegas roulette is gash.

Maybe just put the whole lot on blackjack and double double double 3 hands

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2011, 10:04:21 AM »

Or find that same roulette wheel downtown that was witness to that weird spin-up and the magical floating ball.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: