blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:00:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272594 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 341 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !  (Read 493090 times)
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2011, 06:35:20 PM »

leethefish,woodsey and girgy85 where having a discussion on another thread,

The outcome is ...........

we are going to have a weight loss prop bet that's going to span three months then another three (to keep the weight off)

i have started this thread earlier than planned because daveshoelace has asked to join ...as far as i am concerned the more the merrier

so if anyone else wants to join us feel free and join in on the thread.

THE RULES for

leethefish..............17st 6 1/2lb
woodsey................17st 6 lb
girgy85.................24st 1lb
byronkincaid .....16st 6lb
vegaslover .......16st 4lb
brummiboy.......18st

to lose 2lb per week or a total of 24lb in 12 weeks.

then a further 12 weeks to stick to said weight

Davesholace .......15st 5 1/4lb

to be under 14 st
in 12 weeks
then a further 12 weeks to stick to said weight

if anyone of us fails then £20 per lb that is not lost ............to charity
same £20 per lb if weight put on in the following 12 weeks

milligan84 .......weight 24st 11lb
DUNK619 .......weight 20st 9lb

weight loss of two stone in 12 weeks
and keep off for 12 weeks..... the same £20 per lb.

Raman ....weight 24 st
to lose 4 st by june 14th
£25 per lb not lost

Simon Galloway 19st 10lb
Lose 3 stone in 3 months:  £100 fixed penalty for failure

Remain at 3 stone (or better) the next 3 months: £100 fixed penalty for failure

<2 stone at any point in 2012:  £100 penalty

Autobetkev weight 16st 8lb
to weigh 14st by 31/5 2012 and remain at that weight until 2013.
same £20 per lb not achieved

Ward84weight 15st 10lb
to lose 2 stone in 12 weeks ..keep it off for the further 12 weeks
£100 penalty for each one not met.

sovietsong weight 18st 8lb
to lose 2lb per week
same 12 &12
£20 per lb missed by

Marky147 weight 16st 1lb
to lose 2 stone by June 24th
 £100  to Charity if fail
same £100 if not kept weight off by Dec 1st

slightly different is...

Evilpie weight  15st 7lb.

Target weight is 16st 7lb whilst maintaining 36.5" waist.
Target date is 1st June with a £20 penalty per lb missed and a fixed penalty of £50 for being over 36.5" waist measured at the belly button.

proof must be posted of starting weight on this thread on the 1/1/2012

good luck us  thumbs up

byronkincaid

To lose 24lb by june 17th (12 weeks)
  starting weight 14 st 10.
 target weight 13 stone.
if  weight between 13 and 14 st 10 it's £10 per lb. anything above 14 st 10 £20 per lb to charity.

NEW CHALLENGES

milligan84

To lose 50lb by 22 December 2012
If not achieved he will dress up on the said date as Santa Claus and give every single person in the club a candy cane!
Starting weight as of 18th June : 23 stone 1lb
target weight :19stone 5lb

The DaveShoelace 100 Push Up Challenge

The challenge is to do 100 consecutive push ups by or on August 23rd (My birthday). By consecutive, I am allowed to take intermittent rests in this push up position, however once my knees touch the floor the test is over.

I will make arrangements to film the challenge, or suitably get reliable witnesses from Blonde (who would have camera phones anyway). I can take the challenge as many times as I want in the time period, and if I can achieve 100 press ups before August 23rd the challenge is over, I've won. If I do not achieve it, my best recorded test at any time in the time period will be used as the final personal best.

I propose a tiered forfeit system, whereby I pay for every pushup I fail to get, however it gets lower the closer to my goal.

1-30: £3 per missed push up
31-60: £2 per missed pushup
61-100: £1 per missed pushup

So basically if I can only do 40 by the end of the challenge, I would pay £80 (20 x £2, and 40 x £1). If I can do 90 by the end, I only pay £10. So the max I would pay out if for some reason I couldn't even do one press up is £187.

Forfeit goes to charity, I like animal charities but very happy to here suggestions, upon failure of the challenge.

If I get injured (and can prove if asked) for more than two weeks, I can choose to extend the challenge by the time I am out of action. If I get really injured (broken bones) or seriously ill, I can forfeit at no penalty to myself. The only recurring injury I have worth mentioning is one that occurs now and then with a rib on on my left side, but that happens more when I walk/run long distances and is unlikely to have a bearing on this challenge.

I have always been piss poor at pushups, and will be delighted if I can get to 60 or 70 by the end of the challenge (Hence the tiered forfeits).

I will continue to update this thread, with not only my current personal bests, but my weight, as I intend to keep my weight down to assist with this challenge.

I reserve the right to make slight amendments to this challenge in the FIRST TWO WEEKS ONLY - just in case I discover I am doing push ups completely wrong, someone disputes something etc etc. Basically this is unknown territory for me, like the thing about breaks earlier in the thread, so I don't want to embark on something ridiculously out of my league.

I also invite your feedback at this time on the challenge, as I could change it as per your suggestions. I welcome all to join me.

This is my test video. I have had several comments saying I am not going low enough, so rather than counting the 32 I did, I am setting my starting number at 16, which was monitored by a personal trainer yesterday:

Davesholace

new as of 22/11/2012

Gym three times a week, £5 for every missed session.
2 litres of water every week day, £1 for every missed day.
A portion of fruit at the end of every weekday meal, £1 for every missed meal.
Must post ITT once a week, £5 for every missed week.

New Years 2013 challenges

DaveShoelace
Must weigh 14st 2lb or less by Jan 21 (Currently 14st 7lb). £10 for every pound I am over.
Must have completed at least one 10k run on the treadmill (no stopping) by Jan 21 (Just a quick fitness goal to keep my eye on the prize) - £10 if I don't.

Leethefish

17st 3lb
my goal is to be 16st by my birthday ....April fools day!
and to still be at 16st at the end of august

no forfeit i want to  do this cos I want to... not so i have to pay someone or look silly!

byronkincaid
starting weight....15 stone and 4 pounds.
My target is to be 12 and a half stone by December 24th 2013. If I do not reach this target I will give £250 to charity. I will be counting calories starting at 2500 a day and trying to do some sort of exercise every day as well.

craigbetts
My goal is to erg (indoor row) a sub 7 minute 2k by the end of 2013. I am currently at 7:14 and you may say 14 seconds is going to be easy, well that's not the case and it's going to be a lot of hard work and pain to get to the magical sub 7

millidonk
My target is to lose 6 stone by 01 Jan 2014. Equates to 1.6lbs per week. This very minute I weigh 23st 10 which is a smidge over 1st less than I weighed at this point last year but like almost 2st higher than my lowest weight of 2012. Not decided on a forfeit yet. More inclined to do humiliation/manual effort or helping community etc as opposed to monetar

sovietsong

Starting weight - 17st 1lb
Target weight - 13st 7lbs

vegaslover
16st 2lb
Target is to get under 14st by April 8th as that is when I next go to Vegas.

ruud
15st 4lb

Targets are:
Be down to 14st 4lb by April 1st.
Be down to 13st 7lb by August 1st.
Maintain August 1st weight to December 1st.

Each missed pound = £10 to a charity of the gf's choosing.

Woodsey
16st 12lb
The plan is to get to 16st 4lbs by the end of Jan.
Just gonna do a month by month target as I have holidays and stuff getting in the way at various points.

StuartHopkin
15st 2 1/4lb.
my target is 14st by the end of June
My other target is to get my 5k running time down to 25 mins

Leatherman
14st 13 3/4Ib
Just want to be able to put my socks on standing up

George2Loose
15st 12.
I'm looking to lose 7-8 pound by 1st Feb.
If I don't achieve this I will donate £5 to charity for every pound I'm short.
I'll continue to set monthly goals

aaron1867
11st 11lb
Targets:
- Lose a stone in 3 months.
- Lose 4lbs for end of each month.
- Tone & muscle increase by end of 2013.
- Very better diet.
- Flatter stomach
Target not met?:
Miss monthly target - £10 by each lb missed.
Miss 3 month target - £15 by each lb missed.
Miss yearly target - £50.
If I do not create better diet over months - £25, then another £25 if I still do not do it. June & December reviews.
All of course to charity.

Claw75
10st 4.5lb
Looking to lose one  stone over the next 3  months

RED-DOG

I'm going to try to grow 6in taller

jezza777
15 st
12 stone by the end of march

Simon Galloway

16st 10
2013 target is to get down to 16st 0 (or below)
target 2,includes Vegas, target will be not to come back more than 7 lbs heavier than I went!  A forfeit if that is 16st7+ and a reward if that is <16st.  Will think about the forfeit/rewards over January and put something in place as I hit 16st.

killerkilsby
Starting weight: 16 st 10
Target weight :  16 st 3
Target date:   3rd Feb.

Mohican

Starting weight- 14st 1lb
Target weight- 13st 5lb

chelseaboy
Starting Weight: 15,4

I am going to Egypt in July and its my goal to be 14.0

RED-DOG
Starting weight - 14st 7½lbs.

Target weight - 13st.

Time scale - Hope to be there by April 30th.

Tikay

Starting weight; 14st 0.5lb, February 1st

Target - 12 stone.

Girgy85

My goals are to complete the Leeds 10k again this year in a better time than last year and also be fit for my baby.

Think we're due sometime in October which gives me 7 months to archive these goals.

horseplayer

weight as of 28/02/2013 7.30am 16 stone 11lbs

I am 30 on the 4th of July and would like to be a maximum of 15 stone.

I would also like to be able to finally get into the 36 inch waist jeans and trousers i bought a few years ago at my heaviest when i was having to slide on the 42 inch stuff. Currently wearing 38 inch stuff with no problem.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 09:04:23 AM by leethefish » Logged

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 06:50:34 PM »

Might as well have a curry tonight then lol
leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 06:52:23 PM »

Might as well have a curry tonight then lol
I went to the chippy...........

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 08:03:01 PM »

How do we post proof out of interest? I personally am happy to believe anyone in this thread when they post their start/end weight (Before and after pictures should be encouraged).
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 08:13:56 PM »

any of you want a side bet on who can lose more weight in January? Might help motivate you to go at it all guns blazing and I'm gonna bust my balls in Jan with the goal of losing 20lbs.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 08:15:21 PM »

any of you want a side bet on who can lose more weight in January? Might help motivate you to go at it all guns blazing and I'm gonna bust my balls in Jan with the goal of losing 20lbs.

Not me, just want to lose it sensibly tbh, sorry mate. 20lbs is too much to be trying to lose in that time frame, why don't you aim for 3lbs max per week?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 08:17:35 PM by Woodsey » Logged
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 08:18:57 PM »

You lose 20lbs in January? Unless you have ballooned up to 20st in the last few months, that sounds ridic.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 08:19:41 PM »

You lose 20lbs in January? Unless you have ballooned up to 20st in the last few months, that sounds ridic.

I reckon it'd be easy. Cos is pretty chunky.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 08:29:53 PM »

So what's your plan then lads?

I'm not gonna do anything daft, sensible diet that leans towards low GI foods, probably no more than 1500 calories per day. Minimum of 30 mins exercise per day 5 days per week on top of that. I should comfortably lose the weight IF I stick to that. I'll re-evaluate that plan after 3 or 4 weeks depending on how things are going. Gonna try for no booze in Jan, that is the thing I will most likely fail on. I'll just not organise any nights out till end of Jan/early Feb.

I doubt the 1st month will be a problem, any severe failage will most likely come in months 2 or 3 probably.
leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 08:43:42 PM »

How do we post proof out of interest? I personally am happy to believe anyone in this thread when they post their start/end weight (Before and after pictures should be encouraged).

I would also trust ... But I will photo scales (with me on them)
And post

www.ageuk.org.uk/

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 08:44:30 PM »

GL guys Smiley

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 08:45:11 PM »

And post

Yeah, that's what i was gonna do. But you will probably only see my feet lol. I'm not gonna grim you anyway FFS, I want to actually lose the weight.
leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 08:45:48 PM »

No I going for a steady 2-3lb a week which is sensible

www.ageuk.org.uk/

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 08:46:47 PM »

It will sound really daft, but other than the fact I will be going to the gym more, my main change will just be to reduce the amount of bread/cereal I eat.

Toast & cereal are real trigger foods for me, and they are dense in calories. Most days I eat quite well, evening snacks of toast & cereal often set me off reaching for more.

Obv I will go nuts in the first months too, but eating less starchy carbs is the only major change I will be trying to make into a long term habit.

leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 08:48:29 PM »

And post

Yeah, that's what i was gonna do. But you will probably only see my feet lol. I'm not gonna grim you anyway FFS, I want to actually lose the weight.
Lol same here am dissapointed with myself after losing it last time

www.ageuk.org.uk/

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 341 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: