blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 05:07:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272881 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !  (Read 497408 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5040 on: March 29, 2016, 11:37:04 PM »

Tikay crushing it, like a boss!

I put on 1/2 a stone when I was away for Cheltenham, and have been manflu'd up since I got back.

I had gotten rid of it, but seem to become reinfected nowadays, at the slightest exposure to anything.

Still, back to the gym on Thursday, and have just under 12 weeks until Vegas.

Just taken a lump of dough out of the Vegas fund to pay for my training sessions,  so the Rhino will be about $1k short on their take this summer.

I'll take 16st on June 20th, and would like to be 15st before the end of year.

@ Tikay - I'll see you at Starbies, 10:00 sharp, on the 24th June, for buns & lattes, before the PLO8/O8/BigO  Wink

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: April 16, 2016, 10:37:53 AM »

January 16th - 14st 13lbs

February 22nd - 14st 3lbs

March 28th - 12st 13lbs

Dieting & walking continue, unchanged daily,& I remain in the latte free mode.  

Miles walked since diet started on Jan 16th - approx 200.

Exactly 2 stone lost so far.

It's exactly 3 months ago today that I started Diet number 937.

Everything is going along nicely, no cheating, no lapses, & there won't be any lapses, I'm completely happy & comfy with the current regime.

Weight loss has slowed - exactly as expected, but it's just a case of maintaining the discipline now, & it should continue to drop steadily.

March 28th - 12st 13lbs

April 16th 12st 9lbs

So that's 2st 4lbs off now.

I'll continue until the end of May. I had originally hoped to make 12st 7lbs, my lowest in many a year, but I might even get a lb or two below that, which would be really pleasing.

The daily walks continue, no exceptions, 2 miles every weekday, 4 miles every Saturday & every Sunday. That adds up to around 230 miles, which I doubt I've walked in my entire life until this started. I still huff & puff a bit when I get to the end of the walk, but nothing like I did at first. 

Rennie intake remains zero, latte intake zero, though still way too many Nurofen due to frequent headaches.

Generally speaking, feel really good, all things considered.

Onwards & downwards.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: April 16, 2016, 11:00:32 AM »

Good tekkers, Tikay!

I was 17st 3/241lbs yesterday, from a start point of just over 19st.

Won't be anywhere near as lithe as yourself, but I should have room for a few cinnamon buns by June Wink

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: April 16, 2016, 11:05:36 AM »

Good tekkers, Tikay!

Won't be anywhere near as lithe as yourself, but I should have room for a few cinnamon buns by June Wink

Nearly 2 stone - top work Marky.

Cinnamon buns in Vegas, nothing better.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: April 16, 2016, 04:23:47 PM »

Nice work both of you!! If you keep this thread ticking over I'll be sure to join in a bit by the way. It seems to have fallen a bit by the wayside since the strength thread appeared which is a shame.

Tikay. Looking at your new exercise regime I think you have a very strong chance of maintaining a reasonable level even when you go back to lattes, sticky buns and Greggs. If you keep up those daily walks and possibly increase the midweek ones slightly you'll be burning off half of the calories you're consuming in crap. Given that you're clearly at a massive deficit now adding a few calories back in might not be a huge problem. I certainly wouldn't expect you to go back up to 15st that's for sure. You could find a nice level round about the 13st region.

Do you expect to keep up your walks long term? I hope they aren't just whilst you're trying to lose weight and then you're going to stop them. You'd miss so much.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: April 16, 2016, 08:39:45 PM »

Cracking progress Teeks and Marky thumbs up thumbs up
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5046 on: April 16, 2016, 09:35:07 PM »

Lost at least 10 Lbs in 5 days  this week. Had pneumonia and spent 4 days in hospital but the scales don't lie!!!!

Cymru am byth
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: April 16, 2016, 10:23:35 PM »

Cheers chaps, it's slowly heading the right way.

Now I'm in a steady gym routine, and maintaining my self imposed Dominos ban, it should continue.

Good tekkers, Tikay!

Nearly 2 stone - top work Marky.

Cinnamon buns in Vegas, nothing better.

Nothing better, other than 2 Cinnamon buns Grin

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: April 16, 2016, 10:24:23 PM »

Lost at least 10 Lbs in 5 days  this week. Had pneumonia and spent 4 days in hospital but the scales don't lie!!!!

Can't beat some hospital food, and severe illnesses, for massive weight loss.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: April 19, 2016, 10:35:52 AM »

Nice work both of you!! If you keep this thread ticking over I'll be sure to join in a bit by the way. It seems to have fallen a bit by the wayside since the strength thread appeared which is a shame.

Tikay. Looking at your new exercise regime I think you have a very strong chance of maintaining a reasonable level even when you go back to lattes, sticky buns and Greggs. If you keep up those daily walks and possibly increase the midweek ones slightly you'll be burning off half of the calories you're consuming in crap. Given that you're clearly at a massive deficit now adding a few calories back in might not be a huge problem. I certainly wouldn't expect you to go back up to 15st that's for sure. You could find a nice level round about the 13st region.

Do you expect to keep up your walks long term? I hope they aren't just whilst you're trying to lose weight and then you're going to stop them. You'd miss so much.

Thanks Matthew.

It had not occurred to me that if I continued walking regularly (& I likely will) it would mean I could maybe eat bad stuff without piling on so much weight. Good thinking, thank you.

I can't really exist without bad food, I love it so much.  Pork pies, Chelsea buns, thickly buttered bread or toast, toasted teacakes, cream cakes,  lemon custard slices, there are what life is all about, so I will be going back to them once this diet ends.

Is there any way to correlate miles walked with calories burned?

Let's say, for example, that 2 iced chelsea buns = 600 calories. How many wiles would I need to walk to burn off 600 calories?

When I'm in full binge eating mode, I reckon I could burn the cals off if I walked 183 miles a day.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: April 19, 2016, 10:36:21 AM »

Ugh, hope you are soon better, Carl. Nasty.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: April 19, 2016, 10:47:49 AM »

Thanks Matthew.

It had not occurred to me that if I continued walking regularly (& I likely will) it would mean I could maybe eat bad stuff without piling on so much weight. Good thinking, thank you.

I can't really exist without bad food, I love it so much.  Pork pies, Chelsea buns, thickly buttered bread or toast, toasted teacakes, cream cakes,  lemon custard slices, there are what life is all about, so I will be going back to them once this diet ends.

Is there any way to correlate miles walked with calories burned?

Let's say, for example, that 2 iced chelsea buns = 600 calories. How many wiles would I need to walk to burn off 600 calories?

When I'm in full binge eating mode, I reckon I could burn the cals off if I walked 183 miles a day.

The calories you burn depends on loads of factors such as pace, terrain, gradient and of course your actual weight. Faster = more calories. Muddy or sandy = more calories. Uphill = more calories. Heavier = more calories.

There's no way of knowing exactly what you're burning but a rough guide would be anywhere between 100 and 150 per mile.

If you're currently at a deficit of 300 calories a day which I'd say is reasonable given how much you're losing then a brisk paced 2 mile burning 300 might mean you can have your 2 iced buns without gaining a thing.

Great isn't it. All about moderation you see. If you don't have to be too restrictive and are allowed the occasional treat it makes maintenance so much easier.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: April 19, 2016, 10:54:01 AM »

Gotcha, thank you. LIKE.

The only thing I struggled with in your reply was that word I don't understand.

moderation

Hard one that, I seem to do everything to excess. 

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5053 on: April 19, 2016, 09:02:40 PM »

Ugh, hope you are soon better, Carl. Nasty.

Can't beat some hospital food, and severe illnesses, for massive weight loss.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
Feeling better thanks. Tire quite easily ATM but I've still got my pills to take and 2 weeks off work so hopefully I'll be closer to full fitness by then. Hopefully I can keep most of the weight off until my return to the gym.

Cymru am byth
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: May 16, 2016, 09:26:37 AM »

It is 4 months today that Diet # 793 commenced, here's where I am......

March 28th - 12st 13lbs

April 16th 12st 9lbs

May 16th 12st 7lbs

Loss to date - 2st 6lbs.

As you can see, the weight loss has dwindled, & only 2lbs lost in the last month, which is a shade disappointing.

I can only assume that my fuel intake & spend is in equilibrium. Amazing really, as I'm still walking every single day, & strict dieting, with no cheat days or let up. Maybe a shade too much fruit - I consume huge bowl of fresh grapes or pineapple every night. That apart, I could not have done much differently, so can't really have any regrets.

My primary goal was 12st 7lbs, & that box is ticked, but I had secretly hoped for 12st 4, or 12st 5, something like that.

I have just under 3 weeks left before Vegas, so I'll keep plugging away, & maybe consume less fruit, & up the daily walk to 3 miles, that might help. 

Pretty pleased overall though. Feel much better & fitter, & not touched a Rennie since Jan 16th.

Pages: 1 ... 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: