blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 09:41:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272921 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Charity Tough Mudder
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Charity Tough Mudder  (Read 8903 times)
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 02:38:15 PM »

" Estimated time 3 hours"

........if you do it in less, I double the donation Smiley
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 07:38:32 PM »

Have you ever done anything like this before?
Ex forces or just for fun .... It looks tough... Will be donating glglgl

Nope, I hate exercise... Well, used to.
I take it your going to do some assault course practice ...where do you live?

Good shout Lee,

If Chris can arrange some assault course practise this will assist. Someone to teach you the techiques in making the crossing of obstacles easier would be a great bonus, even if you don't have anywhere you can go for regular obstacle crossing training.

Things like how to climb a rope correctly will save you time and effort during the challenge

Where are you Chris?

Geo

I'm in Leeds.

There a load of specific exercises they advise you to do before the event, but I'm not going to start those until February, at the moment I'm doing Insanity, running three times a week and doing weights five days a week (a different muscle group each day). In February I'm going to move to an Insanity/P90x hybrid regime for 3 months which I should be able to complete by May, giving me the last few days off.

They give you a list of exercises to use: http://toughmudder.co.uk/training-prep/ but I think P90x will cover much of this.

The course itself is here: http://toughmudder.co.uk/flash_course_map/london/map.swf

Are you doing this solo? I would imagine quite a few will be buddying up to assist each other on some of these obstacles. I can put a shout out to see if I have anyone in your area that can maybe arrange a tuition day.

Whilst most of it is straight forward grin and bear it stuff, there are a few things that if you know the techniques then will potentially reduce time spent on these obstacles. Rope climbing, wall climbing, monkey bars and low to the ground nets all have techniques which can help you.

I will pm you a couple of details.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2012, 07:55:17 PM »

Are you doing this solo? I would imagine quite a few will be buddying up to assist each other on some of these obstacles

as I understand it it's not done as a race and while plenty of people are in teams those who aren't can expect help from others and are expected to give it too

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 08:19:51 PM »

Are you doing this solo? I would imagine quite a few will be buddying up to assist each other on some of these obstacles

as I understand it it's not done as a race and while plenty of people are in teams those who aren't can expect help from others and are expected to give it too

Understand that, what I am trying to ascertain is if there is opportunity to practise the methods I am sending to Chris with someone who may well be accompanying him. No point waiting in queues if you already have a partner and you have already practised for that obstacle.

Geo

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2012, 08:22:22 PM »

PM sent Chris, hopefully makes sense.

Geo

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 11:38:40 AM »

Thanks for all the tips, I'm trying to rope Matt Perrins into doing it. See how it goes.

Meanwhile, onto week three!

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 03:31:08 PM »

Yesterday was the toughest day yet, I've never felt so unmotivated to do anything. I'm still trying to fix my sleeping schedule properly so that I'm getting up for an early breakfast so then I can exercise and get it all done in the morning.

Today was much much better, I did a weights, 4.5 mile run (with small sprint sections), an Insanity workout and some work on my abs. Really need my landlord to get back to me about the pull-up bar installation, otherwise I'm probably going to have to join the gym for that, my arms and my chest are probably the weakest as opposed to my shoulders and back which are very strong.

Thanks to Geo and jjandellis for their tips and everyone who has donated so far, I've only got about 1 week left on Insanity before I switch programs. The real challenge comes in just under two weeks, I'll be covering GSOP Salzburg and will have to really squeeze in the exercise around the tournament, I've got my resistance bands for P90x so fingers crossed!

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 03:45:21 PM »

WOW!!.......rather you than me, Chris  Shocked

Tell us more about the insanity thing.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 05:06:50 PM »

WOW!!.......rather you than me, Chris  Shocked

Tell us more about the insanity thing.

Insanity is an extremely tough cardio program. I got a tip from Kristy Arnett who said it was perfect for doing when traveling around covering tournaments because you can do it in your hotel room. For the first month, each workout is about 40-45 minutes and then for month 2 they last about an hour. This is the third time I've done it and it's very tough but very rewarding.

It is the toughest thing I've ever done and I sweat buckets every time I do it, but it's so worth it.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 05:13:03 PM »

This?

http://www.extremely-fit.com/insanity.html

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 06:22:27 PM »

Best of luck Chris. You must be very motivated to attempt this mate.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 06:43:12 PM »

Yes, that's the one.

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 07:36:46 PM »

Yesterday was the toughest day yet, I've never felt so unmotivated to do anything. I'm still trying to fix my sleeping schedule properly so that I'm getting up for an early breakfast so then I can exercise and get it all done in the morning.

Today was much much better, I did a weights, 4.5 mile run (with small sprint sections), an Insanity workout and some work on my abs. Really need my landlord to get back to me about the pull-up bar installation, otherwise I'm probably going to have to join the gym for that, my arms and my chest are probably the weakest as opposed to my shoulders and back which are very strong.

Thanks to Geo and jjandellis for their tips and everyone who has donated so far, I've only got about 1 week left on Insanity before I switch programs. The real challenge comes in just under two weeks, I'll be covering GSOP Salzburg and will have to really squeeze in the exercise around the tournament, I've got my resistance bands for P90x so fingers crossed!

How strong are your room doors? Maybe try pullups on the top of your bedroom door, will have to use reverse grip but will be added benefit if you achieve it. Might not be achievable if your doors aren't strong enough but you should certainly find suitable alternatives outside like a decent size wall.

Geo

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2012, 01:24:10 PM »

Those chin up bars aren't always the best - I know quite a few people who've had accidents on them lol

Usually something you can chin up on @ the park if you can incorporate one on your run?

Yeah, it's looking like that might have to happen. fml.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2012, 08:00:20 PM »

And a month done. 15 weeks left. Today was a day off and I was feeling really bored not doing any exercise.

Tomorrow I'm starting the P90x/Insanity Hybrid though I'm going to mix up with extra mini-weights sessions and runs depending on time and how I'm feeling. Despite having weights and a bench at our house, I'm really tempted to join the gym anyway to make the most out of my drive.

3 months of tough work ahead.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: