blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:25:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 961024 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2820 on: March 08, 2015, 04:27:58 PM »

The Radisson at Manchester airport is about as convenient as it gets. On site at terminal 2, roll out of bed and into departures. It's not particularly cheap, think the one time I stayed there it was £120 ish.

Staying in Manchester c/c is easy enough though, with trains leaving for the airport every 15 mins. The Premier Inn on Dale St is just 2 mins from the station, think their rooms start at about £35 so cheap and cheerful. Just opposite that, if you want something a bit more stylish, is a complex called The Place. More like an apart-hotel or w/e you call them. Stayed there pre Cuba a couple of years ago, very nice with loads of space being more an apartment than just your average hotel room. Prices for that seem to hover around the £80 mark, and again only round the corner from Piccaddilly.

For the person asking about skipping a Dublin leg and just turning up at London for the flight, NEVER do this. You are classed as a no show at Dublin and all subsequent sectors are cancelled. You can cheat this coming back; In September I went Dublin - Chicago - Vegas.....Vegas - London - Dublin, but as I only had hand luggage (was just a flying visit to Vegas sadly and didn't need a case), I basically left at Gatwick for a pre booked train back ooop norf and sacked off the final leg to Ireland. But never do this going out, unless you hate money!

Best Bitter.
pokerplayingfarmer

View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: March 08, 2015, 04:41:09 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up, thought I'd had a lightbulb moment!

I've never got it.....ever
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: March 08, 2015, 05:59:02 PM »

Thanks for the answers, chaps. My order of relevance for the hotel:

1. Near to airport (getting there on the night and then walk/short taxi ride in the morning);
2. Near somewhere to eat (pub grub fine);
3. Suitable to start a holiday at;
4. Price

They're all relevant but they're in that order for one night.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: March 08, 2015, 06:21:38 PM »

Thanks for the answers, chaps. My order of relevance for the hotel:

1. Near to airport (getting there on the night and then walk/short taxi ride in the morning);
2. Near somewhere to eat (pub grub fine);
3. Suitable to start a holiday at;
4. Price

They're all relevant but they're in that order for one night.

You really can't go wrong with the Radisson at Terminal 2 then. Doesn't get more convenient, decent food in the bar/restaurant on site, free Wi-Fi. Just a very comfortable start for any holiday. Says on their site that rooms start at £93 per night. I'm sure my ex paid a fair bit more than that when we stayed there, what a shame Wink

Best Bitter.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: March 10, 2015, 01:30:04 PM »

Amazingly cheap flights on Norwegian airlines right now. Seriously tempting me.
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: March 10, 2015, 02:20:02 PM »

Amazingly cheap flights on Norwegian airlines right now. Seriously tempting me.

where from?
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: March 10, 2015, 02:25:19 PM »

I'll have a quick scout in a bit. But I would fly from Berlin or Frankfurt and I don't mind going to LA.

I think they have flights from London too. It's via Oslo so possibly not the best use of time from London where you can fly direct on two airlines but I believe there are only a couple of flights a week from Germany to Vegas direct.

Also saw a couple of amazing cheap flights from Glasgow direct. Will grab dates when I have a second.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: March 10, 2015, 03:54:14 PM »

Norwegian have one ways from London - LAX for £269 on a couple of dates at the end of May.

If you don't mind going to Scandy first, you can get a one way Stockholm - LAX for £125 on 19 and 21st May, or £141 on the 26th. From Oslo, you can go on the 27th May or 3rd June for £133.

Bear in mind that Norwegian are essentially a low cost long haul operator, so add £50 to any fare for a bag, food and seat selection. But they do use the Dreamliner, which is a fine piece of aircraft.

Tikay, plane talk, you don't want to miss out Wink

Oh, and obvs you'll have to factor in the price of a one way from LAX - LV of course Smiley

Best Bitter.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: March 10, 2015, 04:16:39 PM »

Also saw a couple of amazing cheap flights from Glasgow direct. Will grab dates when I have a second.

They are local flights for local ppl.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: March 10, 2015, 04:53:45 PM »

I appreciate I'm probably coming across like a broken record, but if people are looking to get to Vegas and back as cheap as possible for some/all of the WSOP, there are some very competitive prices going from Dublin at the moment.

Just put a random date in (28th May - 2nd July) and there are a range of flights and airlines starting from £372 return. That £372 fare is particularly good, as it uses the Virgin Atlantic service.

If any Blondes want me to have a look for anything then just yell on here, or send me a PM. I have plenty of time on my hands at the moment Wink

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: March 12, 2015, 12:52:59 PM »

I'm writing a 6 part series for those who have never been to Las Vegas before, just the basics, cradle to grave, of a Las Vegas trip, & how you go about it.

There's a little "Tale from the Table", too, just to un-dull it a bit. Hopefully.

No spam, but it is on Sky Poker.

Parts 2-6 will be published at timely intervals. Or when I've written them, whichever falls soonest.

http://bit.ly/1NOhMzb
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 01:16:01 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2831 on: March 12, 2015, 02:43:02 PM »

I know you mention the low humidity in passing but a great tip for a newbie to Vegas is lip balm - cracked lips are no fun.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: March 12, 2015, 03:02:37 PM »

I know you mention the low humidity in passing but a great tip for a newbie to Vegas is lip balm - cracked lips are no fun.

Humidifier to room always step one when checking in. Ridic that anyone wouldn't.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: March 12, 2015, 03:35:14 PM »

Vegas is just fine for kids, they can go anywhere except the cardrooms.

Got to say I disagree with this, there really isn't that much to do for kids in Vegas imo. They are going to be bored quickly and also prevent the parents from enjoying the numerous over 21 stuff that is the real fun in Vegas.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: March 12, 2015, 04:19:05 PM »

Depends how long you go for but our daughter loved it.  There's all the hotels to visit, all the shops, lots of shows and tonnes more.  I agree it's restrictive on the over 21's activity but it's not a terrible place for kids by a long way.

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: