blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:40:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 960648 times)
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #3255 on: June 17, 2015, 10:55:29 AM »

Anyone have experience of getting a US sim for a UK iPhone in Vegas? Is it easy? Just take out current sim and plug it in?

Seems the Three Feel at Home PAYG Sim isn't any good as you have to wait 30 days  Sad

Don't want another eye-watering data bill like last year! TIA

Feels like all the hotels have upped their wifi game this year. Even the Rio is very good and reliable. None of the logging back in after 5 minutes of inactivity like previously.

Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: June 17, 2015, 02:38:11 PM »

OK cheers fellas
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: July 01, 2015, 01:21:15 AM »

Hey

Can anyone recommend for a first time visiter the best places are for:

-Cash games, $1/$2, NL hold em
-Mtts $80-150 one day tornos with at least 35 players

Cheers

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: July 01, 2015, 01:23:16 AM »

Anywhere on the strip for cash games.

Aria has the best daily comp in that range.

http://www.pokeratlas.com/las-vegas-nevada

That's a handy piece of kit.

anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: July 01, 2015, 01:29:23 AM »

Anywhere on the strip for cash games.

Aria has the best daily comp in that range.

http://www.pokeratlas.com/las-vegas-nevada

That's a handy piece of kit.

Good man, website is decent.

Cheers

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: July 01, 2015, 02:37:58 AM »

Hey

Cheers

Most games are $1/$3, not $1/$2. PH especially good I hear.

Aria daily tourn best. Orleans Friday night can be a good comp as well but plays a bit faster as it is an evening comp. Gets shitloads of runners though.
Gazza

View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: July 01, 2015, 07:27:54 AM »

Hey

Cheers

Most games are $1/$3, not $1/$2. PH especially good I hear.

Aria daily tourn best. Orleans Friday night can be a good comp as well but plays a bit faster as it is an evening comp. Gets shitloads of runners though.

Aria/Bellagio/Monte Carlo/Binions/Wynn are $1/3, everywhere else is $1/2
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: July 01, 2015, 07:46:37 AM »

People keep mentioning Bally's on my Facebook as softish 1/2 cash.

If you like PLO, Aria and/or Venetian.

Limit O8 Orleans or Venetian are good

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: July 01, 2015, 01:26:36 PM »

Just saw Simon facebook post about collecting his winnings - do they always pay out large amounts in cash?Huh?
Never thought about it before but imagine the risk walking back to your hotel with those spondoolies...you'd be a bit nervous...or is it dealt with differently...anyone???
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: July 01, 2015, 01:52:23 PM »

They will pay you In cash - part cash part chq - bank transfer anyway you want it I believe and you can collect it at a more civilised time not just 4 am
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: July 01, 2015, 02:33:57 PM »

Makes sense - I'd be bricking it walking out with £200K in cash at 4am
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: July 01, 2015, 02:40:47 PM »

If you walk back to your hotel after picking up $200k, you deserve to get robbed Cheesy

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: July 02, 2015, 05:19:40 AM »

I don't remember this being here before, but, when I walked past the Caesar's food hall today, there was an Earl of Sandwich there. Probably beats the queues in Planet Hollywood.

There are two really quite nice memorabilia shops in the Forum shops. Good for souvenirs and gifts that are a bit different to the normal 'Things with Las Vegas on' stuff. One is called Field of Dreams, which has more of a sports vibe and the other is Antiquities, which is more aligned towards Entertainment, although both have bits of the other. They're only a few shops apart and well worth a mooch. Not the cheapest if you want an actual autographed piece, rather than something in a nice display case, but you can haggle with them and they'll often include delivery in the price (again, if you give some patter). In the sports memorabilia shop on Friday, Mike Tyson will be making an appearance to do signing and pictures. After that, the same day, Dennis Rodman will be doing the same.

From Simon Galloway's list, I notice that you can get an eight ounce wagyu rib eye for just $260...plus tax...plus sides. I assume for that price, it is served by Mariah Carey and also adds 50% to your gentleman endowment. It's Vegas. Anything is possible. Someone will pay that tonight, probably, and leave half of it because they had filled up on bread!  

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: July 02, 2015, 06:46:05 AM »

I don't remember this being here before, but, when I walked past the Caesar's food hall today, there was an Earl of Sandwich there. Probably beats the queues in Planet Hollywood.

There are two really quite nice memorabilia shops in the Forum shops. Good for souvenirs and gifts that are a bit different to the normal 'Things with Las Vegas on' stuff. One is called Field of Dreams, which has more of a sports vibe and the other is Antiquities, which is more aligned towards Entertainment, although both have bits of the other. They're only a few shops apart and well worth a mooch. Not the cheapest if you want an actual autographed piece, rather than something in a nice display case, but you can haggle with them and they'll often include delivery in the price (again, if you give some patter). In the sports memorabilia shop on Friday, Mike Tyson will be making an appearance to do signing and pictures. After that, the same day, Dennis Rodman will be doing the same.

From Simon Galloway's list, I notice that you can get an eight ounce wagyu rib eye for just $260...plus tax...plus sides. I assume for that price, it is served by Mariah Carey and also adds 50% to your gentleman endowment. It's Vegas. Anything is possible. Someone will pay that tonight, probably, and leave half of it because they had filled up on bread!   

I've noticed that the EoS in PH is more expensive than the one in the Palms. So if you're in the Rio and need your fix - go to the Palms!!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: July 03, 2015, 05:35:07 AM »

Am trying Tender tonight in Luxor on Mr Galloway's recommendation. Have eaten at Jean Georges and Prime on this trip, so this should be an interesting comparison. Looks like they serve ice cream for dessert. That's my kind of place!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: