blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:35:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 292 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 960521 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4305 on: March 19, 2017, 01:33:03 PM »

What's people's thoughts on the £-$ rate obv very low at the moment at 1.19/1.20
Reports in the daily mail today suggest it could drop by 8% more as brexit negotiations proceed
Will it stop you going ?
Will you play lower buy ins
Do a bit less - my plan
Take a bit ? More ££ -also part of my plan 50/50 with do less

I don't want to not go but it's pretty bad ,as in the worst rate I've seen in 13 years of going
I'm thinking slow down n chill by the pool a bit more

If yr a winning gambler makes no difference.
If yr a losing gambler, probs better to stay at home.
If you want a cheap pool holiday, aren't there approximately 23,576 better choices ?

This should help everybody so I'm glad I had time to post

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: March 19, 2017, 02:30:19 PM »

Less Bollinger, more Belvedere  Cool

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: March 19, 2017, 05:39:46 PM »

What's people's thoughts on the £-$ rate obv very low at the moment at 1.19/1.20
Reports in the daily mail today suggest it could drop by 8% more as brexit negotiations proceed
Will it stop you going ?
Do a bit less - my plan

I don't want to not go but it's pretty bad ,as in the worst rate I've seen in 13 years of going

Its a very good question and one that is creating a lot of discussion among poker players at present in regards to booking this year.

In 2015 I got 1.56 $ to the pound , in 2016 it was 1.37 , The Brexit vote actually happened whilst I was over there and the pound dropped again to about 1.20 which was great if you had won $ .

The easy answer to the question could be play the lesser buy ins but the reality is more likely to be " Im here once a year for the  WSOP big prize pools so lets play"  .

The solution could be to sell more action but the "locked " exchange rate has to be visible.

As regards the main event it now costs at least £8k sterling so a lot of people are saying they will only play if they have had some decent binks ( ie in profit )

That said...punters gonna punt
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: March 19, 2017, 08:20:29 PM »

Will it stop you going ?
Do a bit less - my plan

It is pretty brutal

I can only go for a week, and my virgin points are worth 33% less or so, flight prices seem to be 50% higher and hotels are 50% higher.  All figures give or take.  So last year, using points, I managed to spend just over a grand on nice hotel, nice flights (premium one way, upper back).

Now I can't even work the damn virgin website, but even if I could find economy flights using points, am still going to be struggling to get close to last year's costs. 

Guess I'll find a sale and get there, but not massively optimistic right now.  Starting to think I am going to be happier playing at DTD and on the GUKPT.  Only wish there were decent sized plo8/nlo8 tournaments outside vegas.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: March 19, 2017, 08:44:46 PM »

Will it stop you going ?
Do a bit less - my plan

It is pretty brutal

I can only go for a week, and my virgin points are worth 33% less or so, flight prices seem to be 50% higher and hotels are 50% higher.  All figures give or take.  So last year, using points, I managed to spend just over a grand on nice hotel, nice flights (premium one way, upper back).

Now I can't even work the damn virgin website, but even if I could find economy flights using points, am still going to be struggling to get close to last year's costs.  

Guess I'll find a sale and get there, but not massively optimistic right now.  Starting to think I am going to be happier playing at DTD and on the GUKPT.  Only wish there were decent sized plo8/nlo8 tournaments outside vegas.

It is pretty brutal , I agree

I was going to follow up with... the accommodation and flight costs which Dave has highlighted have gone up for sure. They are somewhat disguised because you generally book them in £ sterling.

In addition there are still your higher  food & living expenses over there.

The USA tournaments are priced up regardless of how strong or weak the pound is but of course if you do win the profit is bigger .
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: March 19, 2017, 09:16:48 PM »

Will it stop you going ?
Do a bit less - my plan

It is pretty brutal

I can only go for a week, and my virgin points are worth 33% less or so, flight prices seem to be 50% higher and hotels are 50% higher.  All figures give or take.  So last year, using points, I managed to spend just over a grand on nice hotel, nice flights (premium one way, upper back).

Guess I'll find a sale and get there, but not massively optimistic right now.  Starting to think I am going to be happier playing at DTD and on the GUKPT.  Only wish there were decent sized plo8/nlo8 tournaments outside vegas.

It is pretty brutal , I agree

I was going to follow up with... the accommodation and flight costs which Dave has highlighted have gone up for sure. They are somewhat disguised because you generally book them in £ sterling.

In addition there are still your higher  food & living expenses over there.

The USA tournaments are priced up regardless of how strong or weak the pound is but of course if you do win the profit is bigger .

Fuck 'em.

I'm not going to a country whose inhabitants want to vote for Donald Trump to be president.

Not this year anyways.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: March 19, 2017, 09:34:08 PM »

On the plus side those greenbacks are worth a bundle should one win a bunch and manage to get them home.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: March 19, 2017, 09:37:08 PM »

Fuck 'em.

I'm not going to a country whose inhabitants want to vote for Donald Trump to be president.

Not this year anyways.

How about playing poker against people that voted for Donald Trump?

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: March 19, 2017, 10:26:16 PM »

Vegas innit so just gonna go and have fun for my week there Smiley

Appreciate pro's and the more serious punter might have to weigh things up, thankfully I don't fall into that camp.

Best Bitter.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: March 20, 2017, 12:18:38 AM »

Appreciate pro's and the more serious punter might have to weigh things up, thankfully I don't fall into that camp.

Same as that.

Nandos are going to suffer for the next three months, while I load up the Raspberry Stoli fund Grin

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: March 20, 2017, 12:38:32 AM »

Same as that.

Nandos are going to suffer for the next three months, while I load up the Raspberry Stoli fund Grin

Jesus Christ I've started drinking that shit too (tastes nice to be fair  ) guess we have turned into a couple of old poofs as the years have gone by now we just can't guzzle pint after pint 
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: March 20, 2017, 12:57:52 AM »

Same as that.

Jesus Christ I've started drinking that shit too (tastes nice to be fair   ) guess we have turned into a couple of old poofs as the years have gone by now we just can't guzzle pint after pint  

No hangovers, either.

I gave up guzzling pints, when it meant I spent more time in the khazi, than at the bar Cheesy

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: March 20, 2017, 10:05:24 AM »

Will it stop you going ?
Do a bit less - my plan

It is pretty brutal

I can only go for a week, and my virgin points are worth 33% less or so, flight prices seem to be 50% higher and hotels are 50% higher.  All figures give or take.  So last year, using points, I managed to spend just over a grand on nice hotel, nice flights (premium one way, upper back).

Guess I'll find a sale and get there, but not massively optimistic right now.  Starting to think I am going to be happier playing at DTD and on the GUKPT.  Only wish there were decent sized plo8/nlo8 tournaments outside vegas.

Not sure what buy ins you play but there is a 1650 PLO8 at WSOP Europe in autumn. Bracelet event.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: March 20, 2017, 11:52:58 AM »

Will it stop you going ?
Do a bit less - my plan

If yr a winning gambler makes no difference.
If yr a losing gambler, probs better to stay at home.
If you want a cheap pool holiday, aren't there approximately 23,576 better choices ?

This should help everybody so I'm glad I had time to post

Never disappoints.

Just did a quick search on the usual sites for early June and prices are crazy high. Guess they'll improve nearer the time as usual though.

Plenty of other festivals and who really wants to skip Vegas in the summer?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: March 20, 2017, 12:54:59 PM »

Will it stop you going ?
Do a bit less - my plan

It is pretty brutal

Not sure what buy ins you play but there is a 1650 PLO8 at WSOP Europe in autumn. Bracelet event.

Didn't spot that.  Thanks.  Will think about it, but I am already away the week before I think for October half term.  I don't think it clashes though haven't checked.

Might be small differences in location too

I played WSOPE in year 1 and maybe 2.  Anyone any idea on the recent standard of players?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 292 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: