blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:58:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 317 318 [319] 320 321 322 323 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 960277 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4770 on: June 12, 2018, 02:42:10 PM »

There are a few <$300 about.

Planet Hollywood $300 with 15k/30m.

GN has a $150 with 15k/30m.

Rio $250 with 20k/30m & $200 15k/30m.

For the cheaper comps, at least you're back in the bar quickly Grin

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: June 12, 2018, 03:36:10 PM »

https://www.pokeratlas.com/poker-tournaments/las-vegas-nevada/upcoming

Anyone else not in love with this summer's schedule?

If you want to play something with a decent structure, you're looking at $400+, and there's no decent evening comps left now Aria have made theirs a 20min clock. Imo.

20min clock at Aria?

Omg. A disgrace.

It is the evening tournament and 30 min blinds for level 7 and after.   The old one used to be ok, so this one should be?  I haven't seen the entire structure 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: June 12, 2018, 03:46:07 PM »

Quick reminder for those heading out to Vegas to check your ESTA status.   I forgot to do this, and just had a 5 minute mini panic before finding out mine was still valid. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: June 12, 2018, 03:52:05 PM »

If you want to play something with a decent structure, you're looking at $400+, and there's no decent evening comps left now Aria have made theirs a 20min clock. Imo.

20min clock at Aria?

Omg. A disgrace.

It is the evening tournament and 30 min blinds for level 7 and after.   The old one used to be ok, so this one should be?  I haven't seen the entire structure 

I just checked.   Aria evening tournament gets to 20k big blind at level 20, Rio daily deepstack gets there at level 17.  Aria goes from 2k to 20k in 9 levels, Rio Deepstack does it in 7.  So the Aria structure looks better.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: June 12, 2018, 04:31:33 PM »

20min clock at Aria?

Omg. A disgrace.

It's probably fine but I'm old school. If I'm playing $200+ I'd want a minimum of 30min levels throughout. Hence I'm skipping this summer altogether.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: June 12, 2018, 04:35:28 PM »

20min clock at Aria?

Omg. A disgrace.

It's probably fine but I'm old school. If I'm playing $200+ I'd want a minimum of 30min levels throughout. Hence I'm skipping this summer altogether.

Nice you get to be so choosey 😉
Thanks for the legwork Doobs; I quite like the idea of the quicker re-entry levels. With any luck I won't be playing the evening comp anyway...
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: June 12, 2018, 05:09:52 PM »

20min clock at Aria?

Omg. A disgrace.

I don't get it.  It is the complete structure that matters.  You start with 200 bbs, which is plenty.  You are effectively losing a couple of early levels that you more than make up for later in the tournament (against the deepstack).   I'd happily play it still.

Ever increasing entry fees seem to be more of a worry.  Having said that, after paying flights and hotels, they don't make a lot of difference to total expenses.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: June 12, 2018, 06:12:28 PM »

20min clock at Aria?

Omg. A disgrace.

Thanks for the legwork Doobs; I quite like the idea of the quicker re-entry levels. With any luck I won't be playing the evening comp anyway...

Happy to wait until November. When the Backstreet Boys are in town.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: June 12, 2018, 06:24:25 PM »

20min clock at Aria?

Omg. A disgrace.

Boyz II Men front row seats is where it's at, Chomps.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: June 12, 2018, 06:30:27 PM »

Boyz II Men, like Dutch Boyd, can do one. They'll never be able to compete with BB. The Call must be the best song of all time?

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: June 12, 2018, 06:50:29 PM »

20min clock at Aria?

Omg. A disgrace.

You're aware this is a public forum ?

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: June 12, 2018, 07:01:13 PM »

Boyz II Men, like Dutch Boyd, can do one. They'll never be able to compete with BB. The Call must be the best song of all time?

BAN

Obvs... AINEC!

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: June 12, 2018, 07:10:32 PM »

No.

Too soft that one. More for the Westlife crowd and girlies.

"The Call" shows off their tougher side. Has a real edge to it.

Can sing along to it too, with the words popping up.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: June 12, 2018, 07:13:06 PM »

No.

Too soft that one. More for the Westlife crowd and girlies.

"The Call" shows off their tougher side. Has a real edge to it.

Can sing along to it too, with the words popping up.

Sounds perfect for those 20 minute level comps Wink

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: June 12, 2018, 07:25:36 PM »

Exactly, start the turbo at 7pm, out by 8.30, back to room, white trousers on, make The Axis by 9pm. Perfect.

Pages: 1 ... 315 316 317 318 [319] 320 321 322 323 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: