blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:08:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 321 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 960589 times)
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #4740 on: May 31, 2018, 06:10:16 PM »

Thanks guys.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: May 31, 2018, 06:12:30 PM »

Aria daily deepy will be megamoney for a low buy in. It's a cheap way to get a WSOP-lite experience. Standard makes up for the juice: it's basically your average local £50-£100 comp but with ten times the runners.

Gets completely crapshooty with about 50 players left, but you don't mind for the price you've paid.

Making the final could be 10x your buyin. Win it and it's proper money.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: May 31, 2018, 06:58:22 PM »

Aria daily deepy will be megamoney for a low buy in. It's a cheap way to get a WSOP-lite experience. Standard makes up for the juice: it's basically your average local £50-£100 comp but with ten times the runners.

Gets completely crapshooty with about 50 players left, but you don't mind for the price you've paid.

Making the final could be 10x your buyin. Win it and it's proper money.

And by Aria I mean Rio

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4743 on: May 31, 2018, 07:08:52 PM »

Played the Daily Deepstack event and finished 50th of 298. Gutted as only 43 places paid! Great experience though, next time I’ll do the ME!

In a week or so, it'll have over 1,000 runners...every day.

Be worth winning then. Best to miss out today and bink it later in your trip.

Yeah I heard that, unfortunately we’re flying home tomorrow so that’s me done for this trip  Sad

Unlucky in the comp, tourneys sooooo annoying!

Hope you had a good trip, and have a safe flight home.

Cheers, it’s been a great trip, don’t want to go home!

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: May 31, 2018, 07:37:56 PM »

Played the Daily Deepstack event and finished 50th of 298. Gutted as only 43 places paid! Great experience though, next time I’ll do the ME!

In a week or so, it'll have over 1,000 runners...every day.

Be worth winning then. Best to miss out today and bink it later in your trip.

Yeah I heard that, unfortunately we’re flying home tomorrow so that’s me done for this trip  Sad

Unlucky in the comp, tourneys sooooo annoying!

Hope you had a good trip, and have a safe flight home.

Cheers, it’s been a great trip, don’t want to go home!

That's always the way, even after ten summers there!

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: June 04, 2018, 07:18:18 PM »

So I am now going to Vegas 20th to 28th (land in Heathrow 29th) I obviously want to make the most of it in terms of playing poker. The sky tournament is on Sunday 24th. Some advice would be great on the following:

Should get there early evening on the 20th, should I be looking to go to sleep at a normal time I.e 11pm ish so that my body adjust to Vegas time. Or does it not really matter?

I’m think8 g of playing a lot of poker, may be something like:

21st 9am Sat to WSOP 1500 event
        One of the Rio Deepstack later in the day

22nd 12pm Venetian Monster Stack 2 day (2nd day 23rd)
                   Rio Deepstack if get knocked out

23rd MS Day 2
         Venetian Super stack 2 day (2nd day 25th) or
         PH 40k in a day or
         Rio Daily

25th SS day 2 or
        9am WSOP Sat to 1500
        11am WSOP Bounty 1500 (will only play this if I sat in)

26/27 Rio Daily

Is it worth playing the Venetian 2 dayers Superstack and monster stack or are the Rio dailies better value for the money?
Is it worth me playing less tournaments but playing the WSOP event? ( I e will I regret not playing this if I don’t satellite into it)

I want to try and be super organised so that I am not wasting time. You can obviously tell it’s my first time, feel like such a virgin. Any advice from the veterans is appreciated.
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: June 04, 2018, 07:25:35 PM »

So I am now going to Vegas 20th to 28th (land in Heathrow 29th) I obviously want to make the most of it in terms of playing poker. The sky tournament is on Sunday 24th. Some advice would be great on the following:

Should get there early evening on the 20th, should I be looking to go to sleep at a normal time I.e 11pm ish so that my body adjust to Vegas time. Or does it not really matter?

I’m think8 g of playing a lot of poker, may be something like:

21st 9am Sat to WSOP 1500 event
        One of the Rio Deepstack later in the day

22nd 12pm Venetian Monster Stack 2 day (2nd day 23rd)
                   Rio Deepstack if get knocked out

23rd MS Day 2
         Venetian Super stack 2 day (2nd day 25th) or
         PH 40k in a day or
         Rio Daily

25th SS day 2 or
        9am WSOP Sat to 1500
        11am WSOP Bounty 1500 (will only play this if I sat in)

26/27 Rio Daily

Is it worth playing the Venetian 2 dayers Superstack and monster stack or are the Rio dailies better value for the money?
Is it worth me playing less tournaments but playing the WSOP event? ( I e will I regret not playing this if I don’t satellite into it)

I want to try and be super organised so that I am not wasting time. You can obviously tell it’s my first time, feel like such a virgin. Any advice from the veterans is appreciated.

I arrived last night at 730pm. Played a hotel crap shoot to stay awake and got to bed at 12. Woke at 7am and seem to be just about running OK.

From my experience if you go to bed to early you will be up early.

*caveat - I drink a lot and my body clock isn’t normal
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: June 04, 2018, 07:28:58 PM »

Stay up as late as possible* on the night you arrive, and you should get your body clock set nicely.

*1-2am is what I aim for

Asking the wrong person about high volume poker strategies Grin

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: June 04, 2018, 07:43:57 PM »

I tend to crash out at 10pm first night.   Getting up for an early morning swim in an empty pool before the heat gets unbearable is quite a treat.   Wouos just try and stay up as long as possible like the others say.   I don't think it is the end of the world to crash out at 8.   You'll be gone early in most tournaments.

I'd play a WSOP just for the experience, but recognise you don't get a chance to screw up many hands due to chipstacks.  Think I'd take a 1k wsop and two Rio deepstacks/aria dailys over 3 $500 venetian deepstacks.   very much personal preference though.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: June 04, 2018, 07:54:25 PM »

Stay up as late as possible* on the night you arrive, and you should get your body clock set nicely.

*1-2am is what I aim for

Asking the wrong person about high volume poker strategies Grin

I'm with the stay up as long as possible on the first night strategy but I am still up and about for 5/6am the next day and an hour later per day to start with.

I reckon you'll be fine by day three and maybe sooner, but as I've never been for just one week, clearly the mindset is different.

Teeks doesn't appear to suffer from jet-lag and reckons it's just mind over matter in which case you'll be raring to go on day two.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: June 04, 2018, 10:02:41 PM »

Late as possible for me, too.

I will have been travelling for a while, have still got the excitement of being there going, but I know I can't play a serious comp and I'd be vulnerable to serious fishiness in a cash game. Even more so than usual.

So, I tend to sort out admin on the first evening:

- unpack (absolute life and soul of the party, me)
- have a shower (buys an hour or so of being awake time, as you perk up and feel less riffy)
- get acquainted with surroundings (if I'm somewhere new, work out what's near - shops, place to get a late night snack, etc; if I'm somewhere I know, work out what's different)
- go and get my players' cards sorted (this is a big thing if you are going to do some gambling and have some treats like nice meals and shows)
- might then go to the Rio to say hi to people (doesn't half fill the lungs to breathe that WSOP air in)
- basic dinner (body has no idea what's going on at this point)
- back to hotel for a beverage in the sports book until matchsticks in the eyes have snapped
- bed.

- wake up 3 hours later simultaneously exhausted and buzzing
- watch sunrise

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: June 04, 2018, 11:33:03 PM »

Don’t lay on the bed for a 5 minute nap !
you arrive as your body clock is normally winding down for bed / sleep at home ,if you fall asleep n awake at 2am it’s a nightmare !
Stay up much past 11pm Vegas time and you are trying to force yourself to sleep when you normally are waking !
In short  it can be a complete nightmare and mess you up for days
Nap on the plane a bit
Few beers around 7-8 pm
Bed ten -12 pm Vegas time
But sleep can be evasive

Try a few one table stts at the Rio to a wsop ?
It’s 3 x chips on the buy in cost so a $1 k gets you 3000 chips if you can handle that sort of stack size !
Try a bit of poker everywhere like Rio Venetian Caesars there’s plenty to go at !
They are all a short taxi ride apart !
Do not try n walk it’s draining in the heat

Enjoy it it’s great absolutely buzzing
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: June 04, 2018, 11:49:22 PM »

Stay awake till midnight. Wake up at 7. Get breakfast. Return to room for nap. Good to go. Crush.

Or maybe watch the sun rise if you're Sicilian or Leif Force.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
RobS

View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: June 05, 2018, 12:05:56 AM »

Agree with all the sleep advice.

I would maybe suggest playing the WSOP Monster Stack $1.5k - deep structure, day 1 on Saturday, day 2 on Monday, nice of them to schedule it around the Sky sit and go (i've also got a sky package).

Also look at the Wynn schedule, lots of $500 $100k dailies, very pleasant environment to play in.

The 9am satts sound like torture, unless you like getting up super early.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: June 05, 2018, 08:15:31 AM »

Agree with all the sleep advice.

I would maybe suggest playing the WSOP Monster Stack $1.5k - deep structure, day 1 on Saturday, day 2 on Monday, nice of them to schedule it around the Sky sit and go (i've also got a sky package).

Also look at the Wynn schedule, lots of $500 $100k dailies, very pleasant environment to play in.

The 9am satts sound like torture, unless you like getting up super early.

Great idea Rob, didn’t see the $1500 monster stack and could work out perfectly. Structure looks great. If it goes to a 5th day it gives me an excuse to stay in Vegas, lol. See you out there.

Thanks for the advice from everyone else
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 321 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: