blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:14:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952128 times)
SirPerceval

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2012, 07:56:06 AM »

For the APAT in Vegas last year there was some discussion about sim cards - this link was mentioned but I can't tell you if they were any good because I can only recal about 20% of the trip

http://www.simcardguru.co.uk/product/sim-cards-for-the-united-states/t-mobile-usa-pay-as-you-go-mobile-phone-sim-card

FYP
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2012, 10:03:43 AM »

For the APAT in Vegas last year there was some discussion about sim cards - this link was mentioned but I can't tel you any more.

http://www.simcardguru.co.uk/product/sim-cards-for-the-united-states/t-mobile-usa-pay-as-you-go-mobile-phone-sim-card

Thanks Mr T. Looks useful, although you have to partner it up with the Rebtel thing to get cheap calls back the UK. Will investigate further though, ta.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2012, 10:05:00 AM »

Depending on what you want to use your phone for (i.e. do you want to be able to receive normal calls on your UK number whilst out there a lot?) you might want to spend more on http://www.holidayphone.co.uk/products.html?fromCountrySelect=uk&category_id=14

at&t seems to have the best coverage in Vegas, but if people have used T-mob with no probs, and you don't want your UK number for a while, then the sumcardguru option is cheaper.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2012, 10:28:32 AM »

The Mandarin Oriental is the nut place to stay in Vegas now

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2012, 10:41:23 AM »

Where is that? Didint see it the other week.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2012, 11:29:45 AM »

Next to Aria/Cosmopolitan - it is $$$$$ though.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2012, 12:09:11 PM »

Maybe this should be in a separate thread, but does anybody have any thoughts about getting a US Sim card? I spent a fortune calling back to the wife last time I was out there - the in room wifi was too poor to Skype, and it would have been a pain having to be there to do it anyway. I've seen various websites selling them, but wondering if anyone had any experience - recommend one where you may be calling UK from US, and be reasonable for incoming calls the other way.

If you can get one with a reasonable data rate while in US, that would be a bonus too. I'm back in the US for 2 weeks in October, with family, so something I can top up for the second trip would be cool.

Vegas with 3 mates end of March - 4 nights at Mirage.

I bought a all you can eat US calls & data plus one UK number for £80 from O2. Best money I ever spent.

The older I get, the better I was.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2012, 12:13:14 PM »

Maybe this should be in a separate thread, but does anybody have any thoughts about getting a US Sim card? I spent a fortune calling back to the wife last time I was out there - the in room wifi was too poor to Skype, and it would have been a pain having to be there to do it anyway. I've seen various websites selling them, but wondering if anyone had any experience - recommend one where you may be calling UK from US, and be reasonable for incoming calls the other way.

If you can get one with a reasonable data rate while in US, that would be a bonus too. I'm back in the US for 2 weeks in October, with family, so something I can top up for the second trip would be cool.

I bought a all you can eat US calls & data plus one UK number for £80 from O2. Best money I ever spent.

How does that work? I could do with one of those for my trips elsewhere.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2012, 12:25:52 PM »

How does that work? I could do with one of those for my trips elsewhere.

I reserched it while in the UK but had to buy it in the US. They fitted it for me in the shop and made sure everything was working OK.

It lasts for 1 month and allows unlimited calls & data within the US + one free UK number that you have to specify at the time of purchase.

It was fantastic to be able to surf the web any-time, book and pay for things, use google maps, and ring things like hotels and car hire firms, not to mention phoning home for free.

I wrote about it on my diary. See 7th - 26th ish July last year.

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2012, 02:29:28 PM »

Next to Aria/Cosmopolitan - it is $$$$$ though.

We went last year on a 3 nights for 2 offer in a strip view room.  I think we were there a week.  It obviously wasn't cheap, but was cheaper than the Wynn and Encore when we booked.  You can pay more for a decent hotel in Birmingham. 

The service really was exceptional.    I loved the way my 3 year old was running around the lobby, she fell over started crying and they snap picked her up and gave her a cuddly toy.  No fighting at the loungers by the pool.  No dragging my daughter through the snoking areas and past the banks of machines.  Several of the staff remembered who we were, you absolutely don't get that at the Wynn.

...and loved the comedy bank of buttons to control everything in the room.

You are pretty limited for dining options, but it really is a short walk to the Aria, and there are other places in the luxury arcade over the bridge.  The Aria has a decent poker room too. 

I loved the Wynnn, but this was simply better.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2012, 07:28:33 AM »

Several of the staff remembered who we were, you absolutely don't get that at the Wynn.

They learn after a few months Cheesy

Yeah heard Mandarin is the nuts, might have to check it out next time, would have to be special to get me out of the Wynn/Encore though

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2012, 01:37:33 AM »

I've just flipped my end March hotel booking to the Venetian. Expedia got a good rate, then £50 off, plus 12% cashback on topcashback. Means I get a Bella Suite for £520 for Wed-Sun (direct booking rate is $1156 at the mo). Only £60 more than I'd paid for Mirage, which I thought was pretty decent. Always fancied trying the Venetian. The £50 off thing is only until end Sunday (today) if anyone is interested. Going with 3 mates, so booked 2 of these (separately, to get the £50 off both).

Still not decided on the Sim card thing. Anybody know what the wifi is like in-room at Venetian? May just cross my fingers and hope Skype is good.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2012, 01:54:46 AM »

Good price you've gotten there nice one, the wifi is solid in Palazzo so I'd presume that it's the same in the Venetian

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2012, 03:19:26 AM »

Hey Marky,

All the flights look around 850ish for WSOP time, is this standard?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2012, 04:37:27 AM »

Hey Marky,

All the flights look around 850ish for WSOP time, is this standard?

You'll save £300 as we won't be able to knock it in at é before I leave if you come out on the 5th Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: