blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:34:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952378 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2012, 11:21:33 PM »

Flying with Air New Zealo from Heathrow to LA with connections to LV...still up around £650. Absolute cheapest there is I think. Hate paying over the odds to sit on a plane. Meh. BA ftw.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2012, 11:34:17 PM »

The Mandarin Oriental is the nut place to stay in Vegas now

Where is that? Didint see it the other week.

Next to Aria/Cosmopolitan - it is $$$$$ though.

We went last year on a 3 nights for 2 offer in a strip view room.  I think we were there a week.  It obviously wasn't cheap, but was cheaper than the Wynn and Encore when we booked.  You can pay more for a decent hotel in Birmingham. 

The service really was exceptional.    I loved the way my 3 year old was running around the lobby, she fell over started crying and they snap picked her up and gave her a cuddly toy.  No fighting at the loungers by the pool.  No dragging my daughter through the snoking areas and past the banks of machines.  Several of the staff remembered who we were, you absolutely don't get that at the Wynn.

...and loved the comedy bank of buttons to control everything in the room.

You are pretty limited for dining options, but it really is a short walk to the Aria, and there are other places in the luxury arcade over the bridge.  The Aria has a decent poker room too. 

I loved the Wynnn, but this was simply better.

Stayed at the Mandarin for a week last year.

The room was exceptional. Best in Vegas by far.

Bar at the top was very good too.

But v disappointed by the restaurant and room service.

Food options at the Wynn alot better and cheaper.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2012, 03:00:27 PM »

Even in the sales, booking direct to LA then flying SW to Vegas was cheaper as you were saving £150+ on the direct flight from the UK.

This is Chompy we are talking about.  When he lands in LA, if there was a Tardis outside that could put him in LV 1 second later for £150, he'd snap-pay it.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2012, 03:24:35 PM »

Bit the bullet and snapped up BA's incred £820 offer. Better times and Heathrow ftw. Rip off though.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2012, 05:55:26 PM »

Bit the bullet and snapped up BA's incred £820 offer. Better times and Heathrow ftw. Rip off though.

That's steep.  Have you looked at getting a Virgin Flying Club credit card?  We spend everything on ours to accrue the points and then use the points every couple of years to book our flights to Vegas.  This year we used 50,000 points and got 2 economy returns for £800 (taxes and fees).  You can also use the points on the miles plus money deals.

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2012, 08:24:50 PM »

Yea virgin credit cards are the nuts. <3 buying £200 worth of diesel on my amex card weekly.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2012, 06:14:36 PM »

I hope those of you who wanted to book the Wynn/Encore at the great prices above have done so.  If you search www.lowcostusa.co.uk both hotel prices have gone up substantially.  Wynn has gone up from £1170 for 14 nights from 24th June to £1889.  Best prices at the moment seem to be via www.trivago.co.uk

The amazing prices for Wynn and Encore in June/July are available again on www.lowcostusa.co.uk

Fill your boots!
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 29, 2012, 12:53:48 PM »

So far me and a mate are each paying £630 for 14 nights at the Venetian with a poker room discount and getting a direct flight for £682 return. Both booked seperately. Reckon i can do any better than this?

I remember getting the Bellagio with a friend maybe a month before the trip last year and paying about £1100 total, so i seem to be forking out a little more this time when i'm actually booking much further in advance. Any advice would be helpful. Cheeeers.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 29, 2012, 01:19:58 PM »

Think you've got a cracking deal there. You may know already but poker rate only for nights when you've played five hours cash or a deepstack.
I'd try to switch from Venetian to Palazzo if you can. Deepstacks are odds-on to be at Palazzo again. Also, rooms are bit better quality and their Grand Lux has outside windows. Daylight makes a difference if you're doing a fortnight imo.
The resort fee is compulsory at Venetian/Palazzo, which adds a bit on.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 29, 2012, 01:36:31 PM »

£630 each for the room is £1260 total = $2000  (+tax+resort fee)

The V/P are very nice hotels and convenient for the DSE etc, and if you play on playing plenty (poker obligation is per room, not per person) then it might not be much of an obligation at all.  But if you wanted the freedom to play  more in the Rio (or elsewhere) then $2000 would also get you 14 nights in 5* hotels atm with some of the deals flying around with no poker obligation.

Rates are highly variable, so would depend on your exact dates, but you could save money and have no poker obligation switching to Wynn/Aria/Vdara etc.

Ultimately, if you are planning on playing a ton at Venetian, you are absolutely fine staying there at those prices.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 29, 2012, 01:47:59 PM »

Virgin are £701.10 atm - nh.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 29, 2012, 03:01:04 PM »

If you book using the 'Deepstacks code' as opposed to the poker rate then the rate is locked in on the front end and you don't have to fulfill the required 6hours per day to receive discount. The code is normally posted up on 2p2 at the same time the schedule is released and you can then ring through to get it sorted that way. I'll keep an eye out on 2p2 for it then as soon as it's up will post here so anyone not booked can use that.

Also have you thought about using dave1961 for booking the Palazzo on their $180 a night all in rate?

That would come out at $2520 for 14 nights so I'm not sure how that compares against the $2k once tax + resort fee are added. Probably not much difference actually as I think it's 12% tax and then the resort fee so almost the same. Also no obligation with that too which is worth it's weight in gold I find in Vegas where best laid plans often don't play out as intended......

I love the Palazzo and if my mobility was still fine then I'd be staying there again this year, sadly not so I've had to work it around my play and am staying at the Nugget instead.....

Rush Tower is decent enough, no Grand Lux though Sad

I think Starbucks >> Coffee Bean  so it's not all bad Cheesy

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2012, 11:50:15 PM »

Fantastic Cosmo offer for those interested.

1. Find the best Cosmo deal you can (use trivago/other search engine /any third party you like,  but watch out for and Cs in the promo later, so no using secret hotels, auctions etc) for the sake of example, 17th June for 5 nights is currently $141.50/av on yeego.com
2. Go to the Marriott website and Cosmo is in their Autograph Collection for $160/av for the dates in my example
3. They have a promo where if you find a better price, they will match it AND take 25% off
4.  Now book with Marriott @ $160, point out the better offer within 24 hours and the new rate becomes $106.13

WPIL

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2012, 10:43:11 AM »

Hopefully arranging a trip in November for 7/8 guys - probably between 5 and 7 days - any recomendations on accomodation (Villas etc, Expected Costs)
Will probably be flying to LA on Miles with Virgin as Impossible to get reward flights direct (and better lounge at Heathrow!)
Normally don't go with such a big group
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2012, 11:00:18 AM »

Hopefully arranging a trip in November for 7/8 guys - probably between 5 and 7 days - any recomendations on accomodation (Villas etc, Expected Costs)
Will probably be flying to LA on Miles with Virgin as Impossible to get reward flights direct (and better lounge at Heathrow!)
Normally don't go with such a big group

1. Economy rewards are pretty much available all through Nov.  But as you mention "impossible to get" and the better lounge at LHR, I assume you are going Upper?  If so, you could currently do 2-7 Nov, 10-17 Nov, 20-28 Nov, so by no means impossible for individuals.  It may be just about impossible to get you all on reward tickets tho, ofc, would definitely need to be a call to them rather than online booking and see if they can suggest anything, but they are unlikely to give away so much of the cabin to reward flights, even via LA?

2. Villa will be very hard to organise for such a short stay - hotels aren't a problem (?) for that short a stay.  There are lots of offer codes for 5* hotels flying around, it boils down to your exact dates, if you all want to stay in the same place, sharing rooms or not? etc but $100 per room per night (+ resort + tax etc) will get you decent options.  If you REALLY want to stay in a Villa together, just be careful as the owner would likely want deposit + full payment up front on a short lease ~ and there are lots of tales of people renting out properties that will be repossessed long before you get there...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: