blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:10:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952560 times)
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: November 30, 2012, 06:31:07 PM »

well he goes i going the 29/5/13 till 9/6/13 stopping at flamingo total cost around $920 would like to stop on the strip c what u can do buddy
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 30, 2012, 06:47:24 PM »

circus circus, stratosphere, riviera, excalibur are all on the strip.  They ok?  Would you rather it was the flamingo for less?  A better place for the same?  Cheapest possible place I can find?  Would pay a bit more if it was a lot better?  Near as possible to X ?

Is $920 after room tax or before?

Without that, it would be a 4 day search for me, which obviously isn't the intention.  If you can give me enough info so I know I'm not wasting time looking at places you don't want, then I can do it in the time a coffee break takes at some point.

brookie

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 30, 2012, 07:18:33 PM »

no non of them shitty places $920 is total with tax already on and there no res/fees at flamingo would conssider flamingo cheaper better place for same or pay a bit more for better thinking venetian, bellagio,caesars palace hope this helps
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 30, 2012, 08:41:20 PM »

Circus Circus is a massive no no. My Mrs would not stay even the first night. Full of U.S. trailer trash. If you phone the Venitian  card room you can get the poker rate if you can do 6 hours on cash per night per room. The wife sat next to me every night for 3 hours folding every hand while I had my poker fix and free booze for both.

She just tossed every new dealer a buck and paid the blinds. $400 room at the Pallazo for $172 times 8 saved £1000.

And because I was sneaking out when she was asleep we had accrued our hours by day 6 of 8 anyway. Was a fun trip but much more VEGAS!!  with the boys.

We had made our hours up by day 3 of 8. I think the 3 of us sat there for a whole day on the piss, done about half of our weeks cash in! Another 15 hours bed then sat grinding it all back. Haha. Idiots!

We only went to play tourneys and never found them till day 4.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 30, 2012, 08:54:55 PM »

Circus Circus is a massive no no. My Mrs would not stay even the first night. Full of U.S. trailer trash. If you phone the Venitian  card room you can get the poker rate if you can do 6 hours on cash per night per room. The wife sat next to me every night for 3 hours folding every hand while I had my poker fix and free booze for both.

She just tossed every new dealer a buck and paid the blinds. $400 room at the Pallazo for $172 times 8 saved £1000.

And because I was sneaking out when she was asleep we had accrued our hours by day 6 of 8 anyway. Was a fun trip but much more VEGAS!!  with the boys.

We had made our hours up by day 3 of 8. I think the 3 of us sat there for a whole day on the piss, done about half of our weeks cash in! Another 15 hours bed then sat grinding it all back. Haha. Idiots!

We only went to play tourneys and never found them till day 4.

Circus Circus is the pits.

Felt like I was going to have migraine after 5 minutes.

Bellagio they don't even check how much poker you play to gt the poker rate.

Just book your room thru the poker office and you're set.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 30, 2012, 09:11:40 PM »

I had a look at everything on the same dates brookie and there wasn't anything close to the price other than Signature @ MGM for about $300 more

Circus Circus, Stratosphere and anything else down that way you're right out of it and going to do dough on cabs.

If you're gonna play a bit at Aria, Caesars and Bellagio I would stay Flamingo, if you intend playing at Venetian I would jump into Harrahs and then you save cab money as they're walkable. It's all down to the individual and how the hotel costs will affect the holiday imo...

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 30, 2012, 10:00:18 PM »

There's quite a jump from Flamingo to Bellagio and co..

You've definitely got a competitive price for those dates atm. 

There are some MGM properties that would be worthy alternatives, but the resort fee (usually $28/day after tax) makes them uncompetitive, unless you were intending to pay for internet or fitness centre access each day of your stay anyway.

Harrahs properties there isn't much out there.. Ballys for $200 more, but I'd have to defer to those with better knowledge of those properties.  My take is that Flamingo downstairs is grim (no offence to anyone that likes it there ofc), Ballys less so, so if time on property matters, that might make a difference.  So possibly worth it, $20 trick to switch into North Tower.  But I wouldn't blame you if that sounds not worthwhile and just try your luck for a GO room @ Flamingo.

The 5* there aren't any deals close to it atm.  The only way to do that would be as ^^ and take a poker rate, but mindful of the obligation that puts on you (note Camel's comments... a well aimed $20 never hurts unshackle such obligations)

Still a long way out tho.. always worth a couple more sweeps as it gets nearer.

brookie

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 01, 2012, 07:08:40 PM »

this is what im paying
Rates Per Room*
05/29/2013------$44.00 USD
05/30/2013------$44.00 USD
05/31/2013------$124.00 USD
06/01/2013------$124.00 USD
06/02/2013------$44.00 USD
06/03/2013------$44.00 USD
06/04/2013------$44.00 USD
06/05/2013------$44.00 USD
06/06/2013------$60.00 USD
06/07/2013------$124.00 USD
06/08/2013------$124.00 USD

-----------------------
Total Trip Cost**
$918.40 USD
so it will be the flamingo for the moment
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 01, 2012, 07:11:38 PM »

Flamingo is a decent enough hotel, stayed there last 3 or 4 trips, you won't be disappointed....
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 01, 2012, 08:56:59 PM »

stoped there last year buddy they updated there rooms over the last years to fab rooms
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 03, 2012, 01:57:03 PM »

Probably worth asking the agent for a few more choices...

Quad - For: Location.  Against:  Squirt a pig with perfume.. it's still a pig.  Led to believe there are no room improvements as part of the facelift.

Hooters - For: Handy enough to grind MGM/PH etc.  Against:  As ^^ nothing done with the rooms since San Remo days.

Strat - For: Newer remodelled rooms the best of the 3 by a long chalk.  Against:  Location is pants.  Either lots of Deuce or cabs to get around, or rent a car between you..  Don't walk around there late at night.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 03, 2012, 02:04:06 PM »

I'd take the Quad m8 if you're just gonna get your nut down and nothing else, the others cause more commuting aggro and with the Quad you're bang in the middle of the strip.

The cash is soft in the IP too, drinks service when you're playing is fast and cheerful and they'll also serve you shots along with beers if you're tipping nicely!!

I wouldn't ever recommend taking your bird with you to stay there, well unless you're looking to make her your ex  Cheesy

Of the three it's a no brainer though, unless you can get Harrahs, Flamingo, Ballys or Monte at a comparable rate I'd just take it and crack on.

If you get a room with a lot of noise, or that's terrible then call and ask to move, they're pretty accomodating and a mate of mine got moved to a suite a couple years back for his 10 day stay.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 04, 2012, 05:20:42 PM »

LVH is in a terrible location, it's off strip in not a great area. You would spend all your time travelling to get anywhere.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 04, 2012, 06:16:17 PM »

Virgin being slightly innovative...

Bid for upgrade:  Now you can place a bid Priceline styleee to be upgraded on an existing booking.  If they like your price, you get it, otherwise you keep your existing seat.

Guest List:  From £240 for a package which includes chaueffeur to airport, Upper Lounge, fast track, Upper check-in, fast track security (even better @ heathrow)

Seat Plus:  From £99 you can get the seat next to you empty.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 04, 2012, 10:15:15 PM »

Virgin being slightly innovative...

Bid for upgrade:  Now you can place a bid Priceline styleee to be upgraded on an existing booking.  If they like your price, you get it, otherwise you keep your existing seat.

Guest List:  From £240 for a package which includes chaueffeur to airport, Upper Lounge, fast track, Upper check-in, fast track security (even better @ heathrow)

Seat Plus:  From £99 you can get the seat next to you empty.

My flight tomorrow seems to be only 80% full ( thin I know). Don't think I'll be willing to pay at least £99 to have no one sitting next to me Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: