blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:35:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 957651 times)
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: January 29, 2013, 03:05:46 PM »

I don't, but I have been to Vegas a lot, for a long time.  Some of those trips have been real grinder trips, hardly setting foot out of the hotel.  But for the most part, I have tried to do more and more things away from poker, and even away from the strip.

I don't mind helping answer questions on it, sometimes as with poker, the answer is "it depends"  and I see some really weird recommendations sometimes (can't think of any recently, but when a guy says "I want a 5* hotel and nightclub bottle service" the advice sometimes is "I like to stay at Circusx2."  Or the other way around, "What is the cheapest possible hotel, 4 to a room?"  "I recommend a wrap suite at Cosmo."  Errr..

Well, I won a Jereboam of champagne in a raffle once too... it is about as relevant.

Some have signed up via me to the flying club or credit card earning me and them both points and whilst ofc isn't mandatory to do that, it is appreciated and I try and go the extra mile as a thank you.

Above all, regardless of budget, there is a way to do Vegas "right" and get more for your money when possible.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 29, 2013, 03:15:59 PM »

Don't work in the travel industry, but have been every year since 2006 for between 2 weeks and 2 months a trip.

I just don't like people seeing themselves off with regards to their trips, so will always try to make sure they get as much as possible, for as little as possible!

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 29, 2013, 03:20:43 PM »

Think you can enjoy an encounter with some equally grumpy dolphins there.  

The dolphin thing is very weird - every time they do a trick their errr trainers say "this a natural behaviour and these here dolphins haven't been trained at all to do anything".  There must be some law about training dolphins that they are worried about.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:36:23 PM by doubleup » Logged
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 29, 2013, 03:42:16 PM »

If you are open to suggestions on hotels, I'd let the dates decide.  Plug the dates in and see what comes back on the offer codes.  What time of year are you going?

I'd choose as nice a hotel as you can, with good code searching you can probably keep it reasonable, but Bellagio seems an obvious pointer.  Stay there, see the show, pool area is great, card room for you to sneak to, good spa..

Would agree AdventureDome is a good day out at a limited cost, just don't go on this ride...

Click to see full-size image.

That expression on your face with your daughter looking at you thinking "Daddy, are you ok?" - priceless!
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 29, 2013, 04:46:37 PM »

Yup, she won on that ride, without a doubt.

Took me 2 years to get even with her on the Galleons at Alton Towers Cheesy

scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 29, 2013, 05:24:32 PM »

I had 10 nights at a standard room at the Palms in November and the 20$ trick got me from a pretty normal room to a little apartment in Palms Place.

Used the trick in New York the other day too.

Just be cool.  They know the deal.  If it fails in all likelyhood you'll never see them again. 
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 29, 2013, 06:21:40 PM »

That's all there is to it.  1) They know that you know about tipping.  2) They have a room suitable and they can "justify" using their discretion to bump you.  3) No downside if they can't/won't do it

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 30, 2013, 03:03:16 AM »

Here is the Nugget schedule for the summer and I've added it to the OP too.

http://goldennugget.com/lasvegas/pdf/gps.pdf

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 30, 2013, 07:10:47 AM »

Well, this is happening! Looks like some fun stuff there.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 30, 2013, 11:35:23 AM »

I'm off to Vegas this Sunday for 2 weeks, mainly playing Venetian deepstack festival events.  Staying next door at Harrahs and flying direct with Virgin from Manchester.  If anyone wants anything checking out whilst I'm out there let me know! Will post a trip report when I return with any tips/observations!

Sweetman

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 30, 2013, 01:13:27 PM »

26th June $230 8 Game mix - Can't wait for this!!!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 30, 2013, 01:20:27 PM »

Pot limit H/L the day after, too.

Thought you'd be lining up the couples event Cheesy

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 30, 2013, 02:34:36 PM »

I'm off to Vegas this Sunday for 2 weeks, mainly playing Venetian deepstack festival events.  Staying next door at Harrahs and flying direct with Virgin from Manchester.  If anyone wants anything checking out whilst I'm out there let me know! Will post a trip report when I return with any tips/observations!

Hi Michelle I fly out on the 15th so if your looking to change to $'s to£'s at the end of your trip let me know and we can meet up!

Thanks callum

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 30, 2013, 02:40:26 PM »

Hi Michelle I fly out on the 15th so if your looking to change to $'s to£'s at the end of your trip let me know and we can meet up!

Thanks callum

Thanks Callum, I've got to win something first, but will PM you on facebook if I need to change some.
Sweetman

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 30, 2013, 02:51:05 PM »

Pot limit H/L the day after, too.

Thought you'd be lining up the couples event Cheesy

Yeah the PLO8 the day after is penciled in too.

I doubt I could get Nicki to play the couples event, would be fun though!!
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: