blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:16:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952109 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: February 07, 2013, 03:43:06 PM »

Don't suppose the $20 trick works with car hire companies does it? Mustang Convertable looking nice, would rather not pay £450 for it though Cheesy

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 07, 2013, 06:32:42 PM »

No one books north tower at ballys! Book south tower and ask nicely at check in, the min upgrade you will get is north tower and for 1/2 nights chances are you do a lot better.

fyp

I noticed how keen Bally's were to upgrade people, so I tried the $20 trick without the $20, worked perfectly.

To be honest I think Ballys is a great budget hotel to stay at because as far as I can tell you'll either get the newer tower with the better rooms or the older tower with the brilliant views - it seems like it's hard to lose.

Only you Jon! Nit nit nit!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 08, 2013, 02:10:01 PM »

After limited success getting $$ from friends and here I'm still short of a few thousand! Why is the poker community skint on dollars!! Silly fish! Anyway...

I've now turned to a company to sort out the rest! I've been looking at options online and the companies who deliver tend do be the best but not by much. Unfortunately this is out of the question for me as my post box I a communal one and in working every day up to my trip so don't really want them being delivered! The next best seems collection an I can do this from gatwick airport which is where I'm flying from which is a bonus the two that come out on top are money corp and travelex anyone had any dealing with them before?

Money corp over the past few days have had a slightly better rate but will only allow £2500 to be changed. ( may try ringing them and seeing if they an do more)

Travelex slightly worst rate but will do a much as I need!

Not sure which one to go with as the £2500 might be sufficient I I leave the res of my money on a travel card or something similar

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: February 08, 2013, 02:13:00 PM »

Make sure you have a buy-back deal. Massive +EV for a Vegas trip to spend £4 for the same rate when you come to sell the dollars you bring home.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 08, 2013, 02:34:36 PM »

I've used Travelex a few times before (not USD) and they've always been great, the money was always there in an envelope for me when I got to the airport.

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 08, 2013, 06:25:23 PM »

Make sure you have a buy-back deal. Massive +EV for a Vegas trip to spend £4 for the same rate when you come to sell the dollars you bring home.

In theory its massive +ev if your going to win Wink that's my plan anyway! Good plan though. Will defo be doing this

I've used Travelex a few times before (not USD) and they've always been great, the money was always there in an envelope for me when I got to the airport.

Is the envelope brown? If so im definitely going with these over money corp nothing better than receiving money in brown envelopes

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 08, 2013, 06:46:05 PM »

Don't suppose the $20 trick works with car hire companies does it? Mustang Convertable looking nice, would rather not pay £450 for it though Cheesy

No chance at the airport.  The cars are scanned going in and out and there would have to be a genuine reason (ie ZERO cars in that class available) and then you'd get bumped up one class. So no chance of renting a micro and driving out the convertible. (Yes, I tried $20 at the airport Cheesy) Some chance at the satellite locations in the various hotels.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 08, 2013, 08:50:15 PM »

After limited success getting $$ from friends and here I'm still short of a few thousand! Why is the poker community skint on dollars!! Silly fish! Anyway...

I've now turned to a company to sort out the rest! I've been looking at options online and the companies who deliver tend do be the best but not by much. Unfortunately this is out of the question for me as my post box I a communal one and in working every day up to my trip so don't really want them being delivered! The next best seems collection an I can do this from gatwick airport which is where I'm flying from which is a bonus the two that come out on top are money corp and travelex anyone had any dealing with them before?

Money corp over the past few days have had a slightly better rate but will only allow £2500 to be changed. ( may try ringing them and seeing if they an do more)

Not sure which one to go with as the £2500 might be sufficient I I leave the res of my money on a travel card or something similar

The owner of this forum - Flushy - owns one of these companies. PM him lol
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 08, 2013, 09:10:18 PM »

The owner of this forum - Flushy - owns one of these companies. PM him lol

Thanks will do that!

"ace high"

brookie

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 09, 2013, 06:22:31 PM »

marky147 are u doing a spread sheet again buddy for this year
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 10, 2013, 12:53:00 AM »

marky147 are u doing a spread sheet again buddy for this year

I can't make those spreadsheets myself mate, I will 'borrow' the one from 2p2 when it's posted though Smiley

brookie

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 10, 2013, 10:41:35 AM »

ok
duncthehat
25 years married to a EU Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 14, 2013, 12:48:59 PM »

No chance at the airport.  The cars are scanned going in and out and there would have to be a genuine reason (ie ZERO cars in that class available) and then you'd get bumped up one class. So no chance of renting a micro and driving out the convertible. (Yes, I tried $20 at the airport Cheesy) Some chance at the satellite locations in the various hotels.

Worked for us last year at airport.  We booked liked the 2nd or 3rd grade up and managed to get a nice big Jeep even though plenty of our price range there.   Dont do it at the desk do it to the garage guy

Fighting for EU Citizens Resident in the UK #RightToStay
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 14, 2013, 07:32:18 PM »

wsop game and dates are out
http://www.wsop.com/news/2013/Feb/4201/44th-ANNUAL-WORLD-SERIES-OF-POKER-SCHEDULE-ANNOUNCED.html
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 14, 2013, 07:49:39 PM »

I've put the schedule in the OP

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: