blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:24:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952298 times)
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: March 11, 2013, 08:48:38 PM »

right going to veags on the above dates and looking for any tips on cloths to take las time i went it was feb 2011 not so warm, also wanting some tips on a nice dinner out there thinking of a nice steak.also last time i was there i stop at the flamingo i got sick off eating buffet breakfast all the time when all i wanted was a light breafast and recommendationson a nice place to go. thanks 
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 11, 2013, 08:55:17 PM »

In Flamingo you've got Jonny Rockets in that little food court area with a few eateries, and the restaurant down opposite where the buffet is, you can just get toast/cereal and coffees etc in those places if that is all you want. Also a little food counter opposite the main entrance by the card room, they do coffee's, fruit, croissants, yoghurt etc. Same down opposite the gym too.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 09:02:25 PM by Woodsey » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 11, 2013, 08:59:02 PM »

right going to veags on the above dates and looking for any tips on cloths to take las time i went it was feb 2011 not so warm, also wanting some tips on a nice dinner out there thinking of a nice steak.also last time i was there i stop at the flamingo i got sick off eating buffet breakfast all the time when all i wanted was a light breafast and recommendationson a nice place to go. thanks 

No dates there, but it was the 29th May wasn't it mate?

It's very hot then, so I'd be taking plenty of shorts and I generally only wear jeans/trousers when I'm going for dinner at night.

There are an abundance of excellent steakhouses out there, you give the budget and I'll give you some choices.

Fruit plate for breakfast should be nice and light, I always find them good for a hangover too and failing that a Bloody Mary does the trick Wink

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 11, 2013, 09:07:30 PM »

Go to the food court in Caesar's for a bucket (only just exaggerating) of salad that you make up yourself (as in, you tick the boxes for what you want in it from a huge selection).

It's about 2 meals' worth, will take you an hour to eat and has about 20 calories in it.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 11, 2013, 09:15:00 PM »

Venetian schedule released today...

http://www.venetian.com/uploadedFiles/The_Venetian/Gaming/Deep_Stack_Extravaganza/DSE_III_2013_Schedule_v20130311.pdf

brookie

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 12, 2013, 07:15:23 PM »

It's very hot then, so I'd be taking plenty of shorts and I generally only wear jeans/trousers when I'm going for dinner at night.

There are an abundance of excellent steakhouses out there, you give the budget and I'll give you some choices.

Fruit plate for breakfast should be nice and light, I always find them good for a hangover too and failing that a Bloody Mary does the trick Wink

sorry mark this should have been in a new posting lol,right budget around $200/$300 for 2 hope that enough lol
also i dont do salads or fruit i dont like the stuff
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 12, 2013, 07:33:45 PM »

$300 for 2 is going to be fine.  Obv you can't go wild on the wine list.

High end steak house, rough prices pp:

Your choice of Steak: $60
2 sides: $25
Starter or pud: $15
2 glasses of wine: $35

After tax&tip, that's right around $300 for 2, plenty to eat without going off for a crazy number.

Look at the menus online for Cut, Carnevino, Prime, SW, Switch, Strip House, Strip Steak, Botero should be plenty.  Pick the one you like the look of.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 12, 2013, 08:41:50 PM »

sorry mark this should have been in a new posting lol,right budget around $200/$300 for 2 hope that enough lol
also i dont do salads or fruit i dont like the stuff

As Simon said, you've got your pick of them all with a budget of $300 and should be alright with desserts too if you don't go mental on wine Cheesy

I've done a few steakhouses out there and my order of preference would be

Cut > Ramsay Steak > SW > Craftsteak > Prime > Vic & Anthony's > Carnevino > Striphouse

Can't help with breakfast though unfortunately, I generally either do fruit or Starbucks and sticky buns.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 08:43:51 PM by Marky147 » Logged

brookie

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 12, 2013, 09:32:41 PM »

so what out there for $200 them mark and i would like to say me and the wife dont do wine
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 12, 2013, 09:59:09 PM »

so what out there for $200 them mark and i would like to say me and the wife dont do wine

You should be ok with any of those listed if you're not drinking mate, might be close if you have starters and dessert though  Tongue

brookie

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 13, 2013, 05:50:27 AM »

Tar buddy
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 13, 2013, 09:20:26 AM »

Joe's Crab Shack is at the end of the forum shops in Caesars by the exit close to mirage ,so if like us you go and see love at the mirage nip back in at the end for dinner pink champagne 65$, starter and main for the 200$ budget , ugg shop is above you on the next level if you have to get some
donttiltboy

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 13, 2013, 09:18:27 PM »

Off for my first trip to Vegas in the morning! So excited lol
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 13, 2013, 09:27:49 PM »

Trip report/diary has become the custom.

Have a fab time, even if you don't tell us how fab Smiley

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 16, 2013, 07:45:30 AM »

Binions schedule released last night, but not on their website yet.

Click to see full-size image.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: