blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:17:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 274 275 [276] 277 278 279 280 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 961104 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4125 on: December 23, 2016, 09:56:41 AM »

I wasn't planning on going until 2018, but my old man has a gazillion airmiles, and booked me a flight as an early birthday/xmas present.

I don't do pools, so 'll be having a few more meals at the Grotto, as opposed to Vic & Anthony's Smiley

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: January 13, 2017, 02:43:07 AM »

WSOP weekend events are out.

The 2017 WSOP weekend event schedule sets up as follows:

June 2,3,4   – $565 Colossus III – two starting flights a day (10am & 4pm) for three consecutive days
June 10,11  – $1,500 Millionaire Maker – one starting flight each day at 10am on both the Saturday and Sunday
June 16,18  – $1,000 Seniors & Super Seniors – 10am start time. Friday for Seniors; Sunday for Super Seniors
June 24,25  – $1,500 Monster Stack – 10am starting flights on Saturday & Sunday.
July 1,2       -- $888 Crazy Eights – two starting flights a day (10am & 4pm) for two consecutive days
July 8,9,10  -- $10,000 Main Event – one starting flight a day (11am) for three consecutive days

wsop.com

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: January 13, 2017, 09:40:08 AM »

^^^

Just to add to that, the $1,111 Little One for One Drop has three starting days, July 11th, 12 & 13th.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Lucky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4128 on: January 13, 2017, 02:53:10 PM »

Going on a work trip on Thursday 26th for 4 nights.    It'll be me (50 something , keen on poker), plus 4 male colleagues in their 20's and 30's, keen on eating , drinking , clubbing , partying.  I will be with them some of the time , but will make my excuses to go and  play poker whilst they are clubbing etc.

We're staying at The Cosmopolitan and have c £900 ph left  to allocate / use whilst we're there.  (We've alaredy booked Michael Jackson One Cirque De Soleil for the Friday night).

Any specific recommendations / ideas for them?

They will want to visit one or more good restaurants
At least one "cool" nightclub
Peppermints or similar (at least once, possibly more). I'll have to accompany them there too!
Some day time activities - but probably not early /all day as there will be morning hangovers
They seem to want to try one modestly priced  poker tournament , but not one that lasts too long or gets in the way of their other entertainment. They've all played socially. One plays a little bit online.  (I wouldn't want it to be too poor value or crap shooty though , so we need to find a balance).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: January 13, 2017, 03:13:58 PM »

Plenty of good restaurants in and around the Cosmo, so you'll never have any problems getting fed.

Jaleo & Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill are the only 2 I've eaten at, and both were good.

Pretty sure that Simon rates Holsteins burgers quite highly, and Secret Pizza is supposed to be decent, too.

Nightclub in the Cosmo is popular, or there's Liquid at Aria, and whatever the clubs at the Wynn are called now.

Go-karts/guns?

Aria $125 daily is about the best daily on the strip, and they run 2 a day @ 12pm/7pm.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: January 13, 2017, 03:15:10 PM »

^^^

Just to add to that, the $1,111 Little One for One Drop has three starting days, July 11th, 12 & 13th.

Cheers Smiley

That'll teach me to scroll all the way down, and not just read the top.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: January 13, 2017, 04:40:00 PM »

What's modest for the poker buy-in? If they don't want it to last too long aria might not be for them, maybe something like the mgm 11am tournament if it still runs. It used to be about $80 and takes 4-5 hours to conclude
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: January 13, 2017, 04:57:35 PM »

What's modest for the poker buy-in? If they don't want it to last too long aria might not be for them, maybe something like the mgm 11am tournament if it still runs. It used to be about $80 and takes 4-5 hours to conclude

Yeah I think MGM still run that or something very similar. PH also have pretty fast structured MTTs late morning and into the afternoon. Think other places like Luxor/Excalibur/Flamingo run $50 or so MTTs throughout the day that don't take forever but obviously they aren't ideal for the poker purists amongst us.

Aria MTTs are very good for what they are but I suspect they don't tick all the boxes for your group so I'd say MGM/PH.

Best Bitter.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: January 13, 2017, 05:32:47 PM »

I'm not a fan of golf at all but our trip to Top Golf was a definite highlight of my recent week in LV.

Whack a few balls, eat some snacks, drink some beer and all served by ridiculously tasty waitresses in hot pants and not much else.

Even if none of you have ever swung a golf bat in your lives you'll have a brilliant few hours.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: January 13, 2017, 05:42:29 PM »

Plenty of good restaurants in and around the Cosmo, so you'll never have any problems getting fed.

Jaleo & Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill are the only 2 I've eaten at, and both were good.

Pretty sure that Simon rates Holsteins burgers quite highly, and Secret Pizza is supposed to be decent, too.

Nightclub in the Cosmo is popular, or there's Liquid at Aria, and whatever the clubs at the Wynn are called now.

Go-karts/guns?

Aria $125 daily is about the best daily on the strip, and they run 2 a day @ 12pm/7pm.

Last trip, Holsteins got marked down a notch  talktothehand  still got amazing onion rings tho!

In Cosmo, it is all going to be decent quality and decidedly poor value in general.  But with corporate $ and not a lot of time, it won't make much sense to wander off trying to save a few bucks.  Milos always had a very good lunch special menu, but I wouldn't want to pick up the tab full price in the evening.  Pretty diverse portfolio of restaurants on property, most will be bustling/vibrant/rowdy.

Difficult to get the poker balance right between not being a crap shoot, modest buyin, with plenty of play....  It is probably going to be Aria daily ~ for anyone staying at Cosmo and eating like a King for 4 days, the buyin shouldn't be ruinous for anyone even if they aren't too sure what they are doing.  And for anyone that didn't want a long structure, there is nothing stopping them dialling up the aggro and winning the lot or taking a bath in level 5.

exstream

View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: January 13, 2017, 10:55:47 PM »

Going on a work trip on Thursday 26th for 4 nights.    It'll be me (50 something , keen on poker), plus 4 male colleagues in their 20's and 30's, keen on eating , drinking , clubbing , partying.  I will be with them some of the time , but will make my excuses to go and  play poker whilst they are clubbing etc.

We're staying at The Cosmopolitan and have c £900 ph left  to allocate / use whilst we're there.  (We've alaredy booked Michael Jackson One Cirque De Soleil for the Friday night).

Peppermints or similar (at least once, possibly more). I'll have to accompany them there too!
Some day time activities - but probably not early /all day as there will be morning hangovers
They seem to want to try one modestly priced  poker tournament , but not one that lasts too long or gets in the way of their other entertainment. They've all played socially. One plays a little bit online.  (I wouldn't want it to be too poor value or crap shooty though , so we need to find a balance).

http://www.ebyjoseandres.com/
See if you can get a seating for 5 whilst you're there. It's in the Cosmo and is excellent.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: January 14, 2017, 01:34:10 AM »

http://www.ebyjoseandres.com/
See if you can get a seating for 5 whilst you're there. It's in the Cosmo and is excellent.

Almost suggested this, but wasn't sure it sounded like they wanted to drop 300 on dinner.

Went with Cos, Alex Martin, and a few other lads in 2011. Superb meal, but even more costly when 2 don't turn up Cheesy

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: January 14, 2017, 09:38:37 AM »

If going to the Michael Jackson show at the Mandalay bay ,try simply steak ,a restaurant in there or there's somewhere similar on the 63/64 th floor !  A tourney in Caesars at lunch time or evening ?plenty to see n do for those that bust  out
Voodoo steakhouse  at the rio is v good 54 th floor great views
Have a great time
Lucky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4138 on: January 21, 2017, 12:25:27 PM »

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'd like to play that Aria comp at least once. For the group, the MGM one sounds about right.  We've all booked to see the Frampton fight at the MGM too, they're all looking hireard to that.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: January 21, 2017, 09:24:26 PM »

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'd like to play that Aria comp at least once. For the group, the MGM one sounds about right.  We've all booked to see the Frampton fight at the MGM too, they're all looking hireard to that.

MGM usually put a ring up in their lobby when fights are on too,so your group could go get some photo's if that's their thing
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 274 275 [276] 277 278 279 280 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: