blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:08:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 351 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952179 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #5190 on: September 16, 2019, 12:22:10 AM »

Some decent stuff in this BA sale;

Week at Venetian with return premium economy flights for £1071pp going late January, or £820pp in economy.

That's not a TR, hhy Wink

What you want me to say?

Drank and ate shit loads, gambled my tits off and smashed some hookers?

One of those is a bluff.....

Any bargain gems you spotted, as I know you're a bargain hunter. Happy hours, good lunch/dinner spots.

Oh, as for the bluff. Obv that you don't gamble Wink

Erm, In n Out burger is very nice, and easy on the wallet. Perhaps not quite as tasty as Shakeshack but a decent wedge cheaper.
I rarely do any kind of formal or sit down meal Smiley cheap, cheerful and on the go does me. Usually chicken based.
Steak for breakfast at Blondies was very nice, though I did spot a joint round the corner from it (still in MM shops) offering steak, eggs and hashbrowns for $6.95 when you buy a drink which seemed an excellent value option compared to 25 bucks at Blondies for steak/eggs/potatoes, coffee and tip.

Rock n Reilly's does $20 all you can drink from midday to midnight, so that was fun....from what I remember. Can come and go as you please as well with the wristband.

If you do the Linq wheel, deffo advise to get the all you can drink option. Just fill your face with vodka and whisky for 30 mins, easy to get your monies worth.
Cabana rental at MGM was class too. Got upgraded to a lazy river cabana which was nice. We didn't eat there to preserve all the $400 for drinks but I reckon 3/4 people could have a solid day on food/drink (there was 6 of us) without going too far north of the $400 credit. Prices on the high but not ridiculous side given the situation; $40 for a bucket of beers for example.

Poker wise, played at a couple of new places (Harrah's, Bellagio) alongside old favourites like Excalibur, PH, Flamingo. All games were soft, Harrah's being the pick of the soft bunch. Naturally I lost there on both occasions Smiley

Palazzo is absolutely stunning, first time in a 5* in Vegas and the room was incred.
Linq is fine, and often pulls through at very good prices considering it's shit hot location.

Back to work tomorrow. Gonna go back next September I think, so as soon as the flights are released next month I'll be holding some off.

Best Bitter.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: September 16, 2019, 02:30:50 AM »

Still not made it there, even though it has been open an age. Will definitely take a drive down to try it over xmas.

I usually just grab some yoghurt and fruit for breakfast, so not a big steak & eggs type thing.

I might see if I can hit that Rock 'n' Reillys, if they allow drink driving Cheesy

Think I'm gonna do that in the Summer, and all you can drink for the duration sounds like a fun challenge.

I'm at Luxor for a bit this trip, so will prob play Excal & MB the first stop and do some day drinking.

Stayed at Palazzo for my last week this summer, and agree that it's superb. I used to stay there for part of the trip until I moved downtown in 2012.

I used to like the Linq when it was IP, great karaoke bar upstairs, and the cocktail waitresses in the poker room had no problem bringing you shots as well as beers/cocktails.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: September 16, 2019, 10:56:26 AM »

Linq rooms should be renamed cells imo. Those showers though! Places like Bally's on a whole different level for not much more.

Paris is on a par with the likes of Palazzo for me and the rooms often seem to be coming up cheap lately.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: September 16, 2019, 04:34:26 PM »

Linq rooms should be renamed cells imo. Those showers though! Places like Bally's on a whole different level for not much more.

Paris is on a par with the likes of Palazzo for me and the rooms often seem to be coming up cheap lately.

Will always be the IP to me Cheesy

Wouldn't say it's quite as nice as Palazzo, but better location, and having 2 resorts in one with the walkway to Ballys is a bonus.

I was thinking about doing some of my Xmas stint at Paris, but managed to blag a comp at Cosmo, so plotting up there instead.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: September 16, 2019, 04:50:50 PM »

Wouldn't say it's quite as nice as Palazzo, but better location, and having 2 resorts in one with the walkway to Ballys is a bonus.

I was thinking about doing some of my Xmas stint at Paris, but managed to blag a comp at Cosmo, so plotting up there instead.

Have you managed to bag some compo rooms for your Xmas stay Marky??

Please, tell us more.... Grin Grin Grin

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: September 16, 2019, 05:25:37 PM »

Look who's out from under his bridge so early in the week.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: September 16, 2019, 07:11:15 PM »

Look who's out from under his bridge so early in the week.

Oh dear. You really can't take the joke when its on you can you Marky......you have sure changed.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: September 16, 2019, 08:16:50 PM »

My sense of humour is all good. Have to keep one when you find yourself needing to be pushed around airports at the age of 30, lol.

I'm sure we've both changed. Just a case of whether it's for the better Wink

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: September 16, 2019, 09:48:46 PM »

My sense of humour is all good. Have to keep one when you find yourself needing to be pushed around airports at the age of 30, lol.

How many years since then has this gone on for now ?

sola virtus nobilitat
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: September 16, 2019, 10:26:41 PM »

What happened between you two?
Used to toss each other off non stop
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: September 16, 2019, 11:28:06 PM »

Don't have a scooby, JJ.

Few people have asked me the same, and I couldn't tell them. Have to ask Adz, lol.

If you'd look at me, you'd think it was at least 20 years. Actually only 10. I had a tough paper round Grin

Presuming that's what you mean't.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: September 17, 2019, 08:55:13 PM »

Doug talking about that Venetian comp.

Ivey in there regarding the confiscation of his winnings at WSOP this year, too.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: September 17, 2019, 09:24:55 PM »

Don't have a scooby, JJ.

Few people have asked me the same, and I couldn't tell them. Have to ask Adz, lol.

If you'd look at me, you'd think it was at least 20 years. Actually only 10. I had a tough paper round Grin

Yeah, making poor jokes but always think the people who've been around here a long time are a little older than they actually are.

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: September 17, 2019, 09:49:05 PM »

Don't have a scooby, JJ.

Yeah, making poor jokes but always think the people who've been around here a long time are a little older than they actually are.

I've always moved like I'm a lot older than I am, and probably always looked it, too Cheesy

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: September 17, 2019, 09:53:45 PM »

Don't have a scooby, JJ.

Quote from: Marky147 link=topic=56335.msg2265708#msg2265708 date=1568661410

[/quote

Hmm, forgot about this.

Not changed at all, always been a fat orrible %$£", but never keen on being called a troll by a mate whenever you make a joke at their expense. Never ranks too high with me. Sounds all very Camelish.

Grin

Pages: 1 ... 343 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 351 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: