blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:30:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 347 348 [349] 350 351 352 353 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952387 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5220 on: September 22, 2019, 07:49:19 PM »

Come to the dark side Marky, don't be scared.

It's a lot of agg for me, so not worth it anymore.

I'd likely have done it  15 years ago.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: October 22, 2019, 01:55:13 PM »

What happened to the days when you'd do well to get Venetian for under £200 or so a night?

We're going for 5 nights next mid June (Sunday to Friday to avoid the weekend rates), and you can currently get (via Trivago) a 2xQueen bed room with the grab and go breakfast for £99 a night.

I've got it for even less through one of our trade sites with the agent discount Wink

And the £ is doing better against the $, though plenty can change between now and June.

Best Bitter.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: October 22, 2019, 03:31:04 PM »

I remember when it opened it was easy to get it for ~£100, but that was @ 1.6 prob.

It seems to be more expensive than even the Wynn when I check 3rd parties nowadays.

Easy enough to get moved over to the Palazzo side as well, where it's a bit quieter and not as smoky.

Paul_Foulder

View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: November 04, 2019, 05:28:29 PM »

Hi guys,

heading our to Vegas for a stag do for 3 nights, 20th -23rd Feb 2020.
flights are already sorted from LHR, however accommodation is being sorted separately as there is quite difference in the various budgets of the people going.

what are the best sites at the moment to book the hotels through? - I've had a look at both Trivago & lowcostusa. Are there any others I should be looking at?
I've not been out there for a few years - is there anything I should look out for or any recommendations?

At the moment I've found Paris for £311 for a 2xqueen room on lowcostusa which seems very cheap. I'm sure that I will also need to add a resort fee onto that.

any advice much appreciated.

thanks,
Paul
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: November 04, 2019, 05:45:31 PM »

Hi guys,

flights are already sorted from LHR, however accommodation is being sorted separately as there is quite difference in the various budgets of the people going.

what are the best sites at the moment to book the hotels through? - I've had a look at both Trivago & lowcostusa. Are there any others I should be looking at?
I've not been out there for a few years - is there anything I should look out for or any recommendations?

At the moment I've found Paris for £311 for a 2xqueen room on lowcostusa which seems very cheap. I'm sure that I will also need to add a resort fee onto that.

thanks,
Paul
As you have already alluded to, research what the resort fees are and the taxes on top of these, they make a significant difference to a price nowadays.
Also utilise 3rd party referrers where you can (quidco, topcashback etc) this could save you upto 10%
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: November 04, 2019, 05:54:08 PM »

Hi guys,

thanks,
Paul

lowcostusa are often best prices for most places, but worth checking booking.com for some of their non refundable special offers, too.

Hard to get any back-end comps, but if you're on the piss it's best to have no obligation to gamble trying to get comps anyway.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: November 04, 2019, 07:56:44 PM »

Hi guys,

thanks,
Paul

lowcostusa are often best prices for most places, but worth checking booking.com for some of their non refundable special offers, too.

Hard to get any back-end comps, but if you're on the piss it's best to have no obligation to gamble trying to get comps anyway.

If you are gambling then charge everything to the room and check with the on duty host before you check out about back end comps.

They cant do the room costs if you book 3rd party, but they will do resort fees and food/drink charged to your room.

Until recently I had no idea how much I was leaving on the table so to speak!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: November 04, 2019, 09:59:44 PM »

Hi guys,

thanks,
Paul

If you are gambling then charge everything to the room and check with the on duty host before you check out about back end comps.

They cant do the room costs if you book 3rd party, but they will do resort fees and food/drink charged to your room.

Until recently I had no idea how much I was leaving on the table so to speak!

Yeah, always worth giving them a nudge to see if they'll do anything.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: November 22, 2019, 06:16:53 PM »

Was on the Virgin Atlantic site looking at flights next June for points, last time i booked one it was 30k points plus taxes , yesterday minimum was 40k. Anyone know if the sales they run reduce the points needed as only on 33k points currently ?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: November 22, 2019, 09:35:55 PM »

Was on the Virgin Atlantic site looking at flights next June for points, last time i booked one it was 30k points plus taxes , yesterday minimum was 40k. Anyone know if the sales they run reduce the points needed as only on 33k points currently ?

Depending on dates you now have peak and non peak reward seat pricing

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: November 24, 2019, 02:26:42 PM »

Looks like Curve have changed their rules again affecting HMRC payments, HFP link for the full details.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: November 24, 2019, 04:55:29 PM »

was trying weekends, im pretty flexible so ill mess around with mid week days too, cheers!

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: November 24, 2019, 09:51:18 PM »

was trying weekends, im pretty flexible so ill mess around with mid week days too, cheers!

Hi Simon

Sorry I wasnt clear. It's on the website somewhere. It's big blocks like Jun - Sep and Dec - Jan are peak. Not day of the week dependent.

They've also messed up the website so it's really hard to find the reward seats in my opinion. Sometimes you pick up indirects which are a different amount of miles accidentally.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: November 24, 2019, 11:59:53 PM »

21st/22nd June is normally the start of main summer, and flights used to be cheaper before that date.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: November 26, 2019, 12:16:39 AM »

Looks like Curve have changed their rules again affecting HMRC payments, HFP link for the full details.

How about premium bonds ?
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 347 348 [349] 350 351 352 353 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: