blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:39:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 351 352 [353] 354 355 356 357 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952200 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #5280 on: January 15, 2020, 08:22:30 PM »

That $500 freezeout event on 15th June has landed perfectly, feel like I've moaned it in!

I might finally lose my WSOP virginity.

Best Bitter.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: January 15, 2020, 08:26:30 PM »

That $500 freezeout event on 15th June has landed perfectly, feel like I've moaned it in!

I might finally lose my WSOP virginity.

Happy days Cheesy

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: January 15, 2020, 09:06:58 PM »

Haha, I've only just got the hang of it, Matt.

I've got 9 nights in here in June for  just under $500

Then 5 nights at most likely Wynn or Cosmo which will be comped.

Then a week here for $400 ($50 of which is so I can raid the VIP Lounge for water/beer in the day)

Nip off to Palazzo for 3 comped nights, and finally finish here for the last 4 nights free

Get $100 RC & $75 FP at each of Nomad/Luxor/MGM, too.

Amazing mate. Do you gamble a fair bit then?

One thing Stu and I were wondering was how much we could possibly get downtown? We gambled quite a lot at the golden gate so I'd imagine a few nights wouldn't be too hard to come by.

I wouldn't be doing a 'Marky month' but 2/3 nights downtown and 4/5 nights on the strip would be fun.

The whole Vegas thing has always been really expensive for me but now that it appears that I can get a free room just for gambling my normal amount it makes it almost affordable.

The cheap flights thanks to the airmiles are just the icing on the cake. Turns out a couple of our suppliers at work will happily take credit card payments to settle our monthly accounts. I'm a bit late to the game but now I'm getting the hang of it I'm racking up 30k+ miles every month just for normal spending. Hope it doesn't end any time soon now that I've finally figured out the game.

30 k ? Put all shopping food fuel council tax through card mate in short everything
I’m almost cashless n just use the Virgin c card for everything
I racked up 400 k last year in mikes

400k off normal spending is huge. I assume you have the paid for virgin card if you're putting that much through it?

We have a few suppliers who take credit cards so I just pay them using the Virgin card and transfer the cash to my own account. It's at least£20k spend per month so easy to rack up a lot of points fairly quickly.

I started putting some HMRC stuff through via a curve card but when Stu got restricted it got me thinking maybe I shouldn't push it. I can only put about £10k per month of HMRC payments through and I'm also restricted to £50k annually by curve so it's probably best to try to stay under the radar rather than risk being cut to £15k max per month.

All my normal spending goes on it as well of course but that's probably not much more than 2k miles worth.All adds up though.

I hassled curve by e mail and got my limit up to £100 k
Still have to use denises curve she’s fee free card
Obv I’m fee card
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: January 15, 2020, 09:16:30 PM »

We stay way off strip at south point easy to get comped here
Lovely pool area
Busy poker room
Plenty of bars
Great food choices
We really like it here
Booked June n September
Planning on using 2 free nights at downtown grand
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: January 16, 2020, 10:12:53 PM »

Thinking about going for a few days later in the year on the back of a Cali road trip. What’s up with prices on the strip now they seem to have gone insane? I’ve probably not been for 4 or 5 years but I’m pretty sure I always got something for not more than $100 a night, doesn’t seem to be much for $150 plus the stupid resort fees by the looks of it, is that the norm now? Even places in San Francisco are selling crappy rooms for $200+ 
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: January 16, 2020, 10:39:26 PM »

Resort fee is just their way of offsetting commission paid to the likes of booking.com etc. That's not to say that things haven't gotten more expensive, but you have to thank the trust fund kids for that.

Strip is still plenty cheap, but you just have to be willing to work with your dates, as pricing is very variable, depending on what's going on. Vegas is still the best value place in the US for hotels, and you can still get a 5* for the price of a Holiday Inn in central London Cheesy

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: January 17, 2020, 08:24:52 AM »

Thinking about going for a few days later in the year on the back of a Cali road trip. What’s up with prices on the strip now they seem to have gone insane? I’ve probably not been for 4 or 5 years but I’m pretty sure I always got something for not more than $100 a night, doesn’t seem to be much for $150 plus the stupid resort fees by the looks of it, is that the norm now? Even places in San Francisco are selling crappy rooms for $200+ 

Depends where you want to stay Woodsey? There should be plenty of rooms $100 or under unless your looking at the top end hotels or just a weekend stay.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5287 on: January 18, 2020, 11:25:40 PM »

Depends where you want to stay Woodsey? There should be plenty of rooms $100 or under unless your looking at the top end hotels or just a weekend stay.

would take all this with a pinch of salt, worst travel agents known to man = Bopkin and that one with the shiny heid....
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 11:40:11 PM by Eck » Logged
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5288 on: January 19, 2020, 12:20:48 AM »

would take all this with a pinch of salt, worst travel agents known to man = Bopkin and that one with the shiny heid....

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: January 19, 2020, 01:32:33 PM »

Usually stay at the flamingo or that one next door, what’s it’s name now the D or something? Anyway this time I’ll have the sprog in tow so was looking at the excalibur. Any other thoughts for kid friendly hotels? Circus Circus is too far from everything so not staying there.

It’s a bit of a shocker everywhere for hotel prices in California as well, hardly anything you’d want to stay at for less than $200 a night
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 01:34:43 PM by Woodsey » Logged
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: January 19, 2020, 01:40:00 PM »

Excalibur would be my pick. I've never noticed the horsey smell.

Circus Circus a massive swerve. Just a dated dump.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: January 19, 2020, 09:44:25 PM »

What's the dates, Woodsey. I'll have a hunt if you want mate. I know you're pretty hot on travel, but might spot a needle.

I'd go Luxor if you can get anything close to the same price. Get a room in the tower, and they've all just been refurbed.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: January 19, 2020, 10:08:50 PM »

What's the dates, Woodsey. I'll have a hunt if you want mate. I know you're pretty hot on travel, but might spot a needle.

I'd go Luxor if you can get anything close to the same price. Get a room in the tower, and they've all just been refurbed.

Not nailed on yet, but will be early October probably. I won’t be able to book anything for a few months so don’t bother just now, I’ll come back and ask when I’m ready to book. After looking again as suggested already if I can avoid a weekend and arrive on a Sunday and book direct (20% off) it looks like I can get Excalibur for a little over a hundred a night so that’s alright actually. It’s San Fran and San Diego that are looking expensive......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: January 19, 2020, 10:34:33 PM »

Not nailed on yet, but will be early October probably. I won’t be able to book anything for a few months so don’t bother just now, I’ll come back and ask when I’m ready to book. After looking again as suggested already if I can avoid a weekend and arrive on a Sunday and book direct (20% off) it looks like I can get Excalibur for a little over a hundred a night so that’s alright actually. It’s San Fran and San Diego that are looking expensive......

I'm on VMB, so speak to a lot of Americans, and the RFs in some cities are into 3 figures, and monkey a night for some not even 5 star hotels  Shocked

If you got the mrs and nipper in tow, somewhere like Vdara is ace if you can get a deal. You've got the mini kitchen part of the room etc.

Holiday USA always good for a trip as well, find a lot of stuff cheap there.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: January 19, 2020, 10:49:56 PM »

I'm on VMB, so speak to a lot of Americans, and the RFs in some cities are into 3 figures, and monkey a night for some not even 5 star hotels  Shocked

If you got the mrs and nipper in tow, somewhere like Vdara is ace if you can get a deal. You've got the mini kitchen part of the room etc.

Holiday USA always good for a trip as well, find a lot of stuff cheap there.

Cheers mate, honestly don’t care about the room that much as long as it’s clean and in an area with easy access to everything and safe. Vegas especially its all about giving my other half a flavour of the place and Grand Canyon etc as well as entertaining the little one. Think I won’t have a lot of time for gambling/poker which will be a first! 
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 351 352 [353] 354 355 356 357 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: