blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:08:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952433 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5925 on: June 01, 2022, 12:00:35 PM »

An Upper Reward seat came on this morning going out on the 24th June.  Can confirm it is 58k points + £330 to update from economy delight.  Smiley  Get to try out the clubhouse at Heathrow for the first time.

Good stuff Doobs. Don't forget the security fast track as well, for me that's an even better benefit than the clubhouse.

How did you find out about the ticket? I'm on seatspy but for some reason the alerts aren't working for me at the moment.

Have just been checking every day or two with my flight details.   set to flexible date with the date you are going and then try premium then upper.  Make sure you set to one way only as it won't find them if you do it as return.   I haven't seen any in premium on convenient dates.  There are still half a dozen empty seats in Upper on my flight out.  Presumably not reward ones yet.

Getting through to Virgin, pick booking rather than flight club or flight changes.  both times I have done that, got through in less than 5 minutes.  both times were early in the morning though. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: June 01, 2022, 04:17:12 PM »

Off to register at ballys and play the 2 pm deep stack
But Kev maths has tweeted the 2 pm deepstack starts tomorrow ho hum I’ll play it when I bust the $2500 then

gl gl. 

Thanks doobs
 I will update after
We got onto vegas sleeping times straight away and feel ok
It’s a lot less walking than the Rio to the poker
There’s a day 1. Room deepstack   Satellites and cash in Paris  big and spacious
Then a day 2/3 room in ballys
It seems very organised
Time will tell
alanc

View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: June 02, 2022, 03:11:41 PM »

What are the best websites to check for genaral info, best pubs, best restuarants, activities etc. in Vegas?
Thanks in advance.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: June 02, 2022, 05:38:35 PM »

What are the best websites to check for genaral info, best pubs, best restuarants, activities etc. in Vegas?
Thanks in advance.

Here or Vegas Message Board prob best bet.

Not tha many pubs* in Vegas, but there are bars everywhere.

*There are a couple that I know of - Crown & Anchor & Mcmullans.

Can always ask here, and someone will have a few options for most of those questions.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: June 02, 2022, 05:39:03 PM »

An Upper Reward seat came on this morning going out on the 24th June.  Can confirm it is 58k points + £330 to update from economy delight.  Smiley  Get to try out the clubhouse at Heathrow for the first time.

Good stuff Doobs. Don't forget the security fast track as well, for me that's an even better benefit than the clubhouse.

How did you find out about the ticket? I'm on seatspy but for some reason the alerts aren't working for me at the moment.

Have just been checking every day or two with my flight details.   set to flexible date with the date you are going and then try premium then upper.  Make sure you set to one way only as it won't find them if you do it as return.   I haven't seen any in premium on convenient dates.  There are still half a dozen empty seats in Upper on my flight out.  Presumably not reward ones yet.

Getting through to Virgin, pick booking rather than flight club or flight changes.  both times I have done that, got through in less than 5 minutes.  both times were early in the morning though. 

Congrats on the first bink of the trip, Doobs!

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: June 03, 2022, 02:17:38 AM »

Thanks in advance.
Lasvegasadvisor back in the day was good
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: June 06, 2022, 11:29:11 AM »

Thanks in advance.

I was there in April. I can recommend the following:
A Steak restaurant: Oscars in old Vegas (tbh they’re all very good but quite expensive compared to UK)
Pub: McMullans is great, but well away from the strip - which may be no bad thing
A show: Opium at the Cosmo - great fun & something for everyone

Also, I think Tripadvisor is good as a reference point for everything LV has to offer - always full of opinions. And finally, a lot depends on your budget - you can do a decent Vegas experience without spending a fortune, but if you have a fortune to spend, then there’s a different menu altogether.
alanc

View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: June 06, 2022, 12:52:58 PM »

Thanks to all. Much appreciated.
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5933 on: June 07, 2022, 12:12:19 PM »

I've managed to snag a free Maverick helicopter night flight over the Strip worth about £100 thanks to the MyVegas apps so have an extra bonus to look forward to for my trip next week! Cheesy

I've got the Grand Canyon one in mine for 5 million LPs, but don't really fancy hours in a helicopter to see a hole in the ground Cheesy

I’ve done it
It’s an hour over the same ground- look out of the plane as you approach for the same opinion - to a hole in the ground cheap fizz n crappy wraps is the picnic 🧺
We did it in January the pilot said due to turbulence in warmer months the helicopter floor can be awash with vomit 🤮
Best one is the flight along the strip in the evening imo  🚁

As I really enjoyed the GC one I hope you're right Smiley

I might do the flight along the strip one night, as my friend has been on about it for the last few years, and we've never got around to doing it.

The night flight along the strip was very cool indeed. Not sure I'd have wanted to pay over £100 for it, but for free it was brilliant! I preferred the GC one though as I found that even more cool.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5934 on: June 07, 2022, 12:13:26 PM »

Thanks in advance.

Tried Ellis Island for the first time this trip - superb, really good ribs and chicken.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: June 07, 2022, 12:33:02 PM »

Thanks in advance.

Tried Ellis Island for the first time this trip - superb, really good ribs and chicken.

Ellis Island and The Stage Door should be on everyone's must visit list every trip!

Not quite pubs, but if you like craft beer and brewery tap rooms then the Art's District is great too.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5936 on: June 07, 2022, 01:55:44 PM »

I'd also recommend the Piano Bar in New York New York, great atmosphere for the night we had there, the piano players play until 2am and the ones we saw were superb.

alanc

View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: June 07, 2022, 04:26:20 PM »

Thanks guys. Definitely a few things i'll check out there. Flying out on 17th. Flights, accommodation and poker sorted. Looking at a day trip to Grand Canyon as well.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: June 07, 2022, 05:59:07 PM »

Thanks guys. Definitely a few things i'll check out there. Flying out on 17th. Flights, accommodation and poker sorted. Looking at a day trip to Grand Canyon as well.

Ha, controversial trip to the Grand Canyon.  I went in a helicopter there and enjoyed it, but others suggested the strip helicopter was better the other day (I have never done it).  I have seen a whole argument on if the helicopter even gets to the "Grand" Canyon and not some other sub Canyon.   I enjoyed it anyway, wherever it went.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: June 08, 2022, 03:08:44 AM »

My poker went as expected- crap lol
Paris hosts day 1 s
Ballys days 2-3
It’s mega busy
Big queues at peak times
Not as cold as the Rio
But the temperature is ramping up in vegas heading towards 40 degrees plus - same as most years but a week or two earlier I think
So will they increase the efficiency of the air con ?
Slot plays been ok had my first $300 loss this morning
Been poolside all day for the last 2-3 days
Katy Perry Friday just booked for Denise’s birthday which is Wednesday
Thoroughly enjoying it as usual
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: