blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:37:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 400 401 [402] 403 404 405 406 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952549 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6015 on: August 21, 2022, 04:10:04 PM »

My ITIN lapsed and I got hit with withholding tax.  I have form 1042-S which they gave me. Anyone got experience of reclaiming? Looks like massive ball ache but it’s $2700 so obviously want to try!

Shite. Didn't know they expired. Literally just used mine at Venetian (thin). Any idea how long they last before you need a new one?

Woman that sorted my old man's out in London said that they lapse after 3 years with no 'return', but the number is still active.

As long as you have your paperwork you should be ok, I think.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: August 23, 2022, 06:14:47 AM »

My itin number has been inactive for quite a few years now
I got it in 2009 for a bad beat jackpot in Excalibur 44 v 99 flop 449 turn 9 !
Then won $9 k in 2010 in a rio deepstack so they applied for another itin number despite me saying I’d got one
I got paid without deductions
Some time later after getting home  I got a letter off the irs saying hello donkey you can’t have 2 itin numbers you’ve got one already
Fast forward past no significant cashes to this year winning $1800 on BUFFALO 🦬 slot I reused my original number which I had laminated and got paid with no deductions
So they seem to last quite some time
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: August 23, 2022, 08:23:46 PM »

My ITIN lapsed and I got hit with withholding tax.  I have form 1042-S which they gave me. Anyone got experience of reclaiming? Looks like massive ball ache but it’s $2700 so obviously want to try!

Didn't see this before, mate.

Let me know if you haven't got it sorted and I'll find out what my old man had to do for his from the Nugget.

They last 5 (tax?) years. 

Here is my experience

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=56335.msg2226092#msg2226092

I got there in the end, took about a year and about 400 or so?  I used http://www.owneraccounting.com/.  I did have to go there in person, but I was in that area with work at the time.

I don't know what the cause of the delay was, he said sometimes the IRS just rejects and the appeal worked.

Think the woman who did his said they lapse every 3 years, but you keep the number. I can't remember 100%

My number is the same one, and I just showed them my old letter with the number at Bellagio.

He did his while he was up at the Surbiton office with work a few years ago, so yours prob  a better idea if it involves not needing to visit an office.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: August 26, 2022, 07:27:01 PM »

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/itin-expiration-period-frequently-asked-questions-faqs

is best guide on expiry etc

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: September 23, 2022, 11:46:20 AM »

Blimey.  Pound vs Dollar taking a pounding on the back of the markets discovering that Kwarteng and Truss don't know what they are doing. 

FWIW. The movements in gilt prices are something else too.  Mad how they have spent so much money whilst not helping the people that really need it. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #6020 on: September 23, 2022, 05:48:11 PM »

sub 1.09 is crazy.   Remember when it was 2.2/1 when i was at school.   
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: September 23, 2022, 06:21:45 PM »

sub 1.09 is crazy.   Remember when it was 2.2/1 when i was at school.   

I bought $$ at 2/1 in DTD ~2009/10.

I should have held on to them

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: September 24, 2022, 12:52:00 AM »

I've got good comps still booked for next year, but think next summer will be my swanswong.

It's a double whammy, as prices are going up quickly, and coupled with this, I'll either be taking 7 day trips, or I can just do plenty of other trips on the dough.

Sky Poker Tour will do alright out of it, as there will be some dead money going into that Cheesy

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: September 24, 2022, 10:03:16 AM »

I've got good comps still booked for next year, but think next summer will be my swanswong.

It's a double whammy, as prices are going up quickly, and coupled with this, I'll either be taking 7 day trips, or I can just do plenty of other trips on the dough.

Sky Poker Tour will do alright out of it, as there will be some dead money going into that Cheesy

If I didn't have my recycled dollars from before and all the miles saved up, I can't see me going again.  Could really do with a WSOP final table to get it out of my system.

Going to have to look to stay somewhere cheaper though.  The Wynn bill with the forced extra days/room service was obscene.

Might have to play the long game and wait for GBP:USD 1.5 before I play the main again.  Always thought I'd play that again some day, but can't see that if it is near £10k.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: September 24, 2022, 12:51:56 PM »

I was planning another trip next month but the prices are insane, so won't bother unless something half-sensible comes up a few days before I was looking to go out. It's the hotels rather than the flights. $1.08!

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: September 24, 2022, 01:41:07 PM »

I'm going next month to use up a bunch of Cosmo comps before they amalgamate with MGM, and very glad I have some dollars already from the last trip. Feeling a bit sick at changing up a grand and only getting 1100 instead of the 1300/1400 I've been used to over the last few years. Least its a solo, low roller trip!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: September 24, 2022, 11:25:21 PM »

If I didn't have my recycled dollars from before and all the miles saved up, I can't see me going again.  Could really do with a WSOP final table to get it out of my system.

Going to have to look to stay somewhere cheaper though.  The Wynn bill with the forced extra days/room service was obscene.

Might have to play the long game and wait for GBP:USD 1.5 before I play the main again.  Always thought I'd play that again some day, but can't see that if it is near £10k.

I'm hoping the have myVegas HGS events again in November this year, as that will pay for my summer.

If not, my rooms are cheap as chips and I'll just burn my comps. I've got comps at Nugget and Circa I can use anytime I decide to go back, too.

Definitely not going to be buying much money at parity, I know that.
I've got a $200 DElta voucher from my cancelled flight at Xmas,

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: September 25, 2022, 11:49:14 AM »

Come on guys!

It just means more GBP back when you win!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: September 25, 2022, 04:59:37 PM »

Come on guys!

It just means more GBP back when you win!

You have to gamble to win, and I don't do much of that.

My belly is the only thing that wins in Vegas Cheesy

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: October 07, 2022, 01:00:43 PM »

Can't see many paying $500 a night for this to happen outside the door. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/06/us/las-vegas-mass-stabbing/index.html

Must have walked past there a fair few times.

Pages: 1 ... 398 399 400 401 [402] 403 404 405 406 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: