blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:43:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952700 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6060 on: February 11, 2023, 03:05:22 PM »

Meanwhile, I’m putting plans together for a week during WSOP from 8th to 15th June.

It seems to be much more expensive for hotels in that week compared to the following week - does anyone know why that might be?

Are any Blondes planning to be there during that week? Would be nice to meet a face or two for a drink between the comps.

Just had a look at MGM for the first 3 weeks in June, and it's all quite comparable, though some hotels are really high some weeks etc.

Can get Luxor or Excalibur for ~$80 + RF for most of the month. and that's without any member discounts or offers.

Vegas room rates are really topped out at the moment, and occupancy is sky high everywhere.

Doesn't help we are getting smashed up the bottle with the exchange rates, doubled with the price increases everywhere in Vegas.

I get there on the 18th, so will just miss you unfortunately Sad

Looked at the Horseshoe/Ballys for that week a couple of days ago and it was just over £100 a night.  Didn't seem too bad to me.

Still can't see me going, but starting to think limit O8 and 8 game aren't too bad and can throw in a 2 day deepstack or two.  Then I realise I am a loser in limit O8 and 8 game...

What dates were you looking at going, Doobs?

Imagine Wynn/Venetian/Orleans should have something to whet the appetite if the WSOP isn't all action the week you're there.

Might even be some bingo bounties or something as well, and I'm sure you're still a winner in any holdem comp that's on, outside the highrollers.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: February 11, 2023, 04:16:24 PM »

Meanwhile, I’m putting plans together for a week during WSOP from 8th to 15th June.

It seems to be much more expensive for hotels in that week compared to the following week - does anyone know why that might be?

Are any Blondes planning to be there during that week? Would be nice to meet a face or two for a drink between the comps.

Just had a look at MGM for the first 3 weeks in June, and it's all quite comparable, though some hotels are really high some weeks etc.

Can get Luxor or Excalibur for ~$80 + RF for most of the month. and that's without any member discounts or offers.

Vegas room rates are really topped out at the moment, and occupancy is sky high everywhere.

Doesn't help we are getting smashed up the bottle with the exchange rates, doubled with the price increases everywhere in Vegas.

Looked at the Horseshoe/Ballys for that week a couple of days ago and it was just over £100 a night.  Didn't seem too bad to me.

Still can't see me going, but starting to think limit O8 and 8 game aren't too bad and can throw in a 2 day deepstack or two.  Then I realise I am a loser in limit O8 and 8 game...

Imagine Wynn/Venetian/Orleans should have something to whet the appetite if the WSOP isn't all action the week you're there.

Might even be some bingo bounties or something as well, and I'm sure you're still a winner in any holdem comp that's on, outside the highrollers.

I can't go week 3 or 4, so it would have to be week 1 or 2. 

I was thinking much of the reason I do so bad in normal Omaha, 8 game or limit Omaha is that I am always multi tabling so half the time get the game wrong.  When I have played limit O8 in Vegas I have been fine... and if the WSOP PLO8 is any guide then getting beat up on these games on Stars means I may be way better than the average player!

Will just see.  If I can get reward flights, there are some PLO8/nice Wynn comps around and I can get £100 a night hotel, I might yet just go for it. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: February 11, 2023, 04:20:40 PM »

I can't go week 3 or 4, so it would have to be week 1 or 2. 

I was thinking much of the reason I do so bad in normal Omaha, 8 game or limit Omaha is that I am always multi tabling so half the time get the game wrong.  When I have played limit O8 in Vegas I have been fine... and if the WSOP PLO8 is any guide then getting beat up on these games on Stars means I may be way better than the average player!

Will just see.  If I can get reward flights, there are some PLO8/nice Wynn comps around and I can get £100 a night hotel, I might yet just go for it. 

Ahh, so I'd likely miss you anyway Sad

If you're not doing your brains online, you're going to be a winner in most live comps, I would imagine. At least that's what I tell myself Cheesy

My old man had a bogof seat as he had so many points built up on his virgin card he used to use for work. Was a nightmare sorting, as they have very few per flight now.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: February 12, 2023, 09:12:35 AM »

Russell and I are at Circa 8th to 13th

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
animalpoker

View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: February 12, 2023, 10:49:58 AM »

Hi guys.  Know I haven’t posted a lot in the past but thought I’d put some info in here as regards to booking my vegas trip this summer in the hope it might help others.  I’ve generally been fairly savvy in the past but I feel I’ve took it to another level this trip as there is rarely a value option that jumps out on any of the searches I did before booking. Prices are up at peak and look to stay super high for a while to come.  I did cosmopolitan last year and loved it as it wasn’t a silly amount more per night than a mid end hotel.  This year I’d be paying 2-2.5 times as much if I stayed there !  In fact all of the high end hotels mid strip seem to be way more expensive now.

I toyed with going early June instead of my usual mid-late trip and looked at various dates to see if anything jumped out but no joy.  In the end I’ve booked 14 nights and am trying Horseshoe(Ballys) from 16th June, flying from Gatwick with BA.  Total cost £1,825 (2250 if inc resort fees) includes luggage  . 

I’ve used Expedia a lot in recent years but I never feel loyal and I always check several other package providers to see if can save a chunk on any part of my trip.  I’m not a big gambler so booking hotel direct never seems to save me anything , and booking a package does seem to always come out a bit cheaper especially on Expedia . 

So my advice is to look around at dates and once decided check other providers if you have the time to compare costs.  Once decided, clear your cookies and use a cashback site ( I use quidco but I know there are others ) .  Quidco earnt me £86 on my trip last year and the 3.5% this year on my Expedia package should net me ~£63 cashback this trip.  Also sign up to Expedia too as I know you earn points too, I have £60 in my Expedia account from previous trips that I can use for certain hotels in future , though not sure how much of that was earned from last years trip it’s still free £ essentially .   

I booked my airport parking separate ( again through quidco ) and when I got to the last page saw a promo code box .  A quick google search netted me a 25% savings using a promo code.  Actually got me annoyed as i had never used that trick before.  So if anyone is booking soon and using the main Gatwick airport parking site try this tip ( or try code HILTON23 I think it was ). 

Anyways I hope above might be useful to some.  GL all and hopefully see 1/2 of you in Vegas .

Animal
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: February 12, 2023, 11:12:20 AM »

oioi, Animal is back.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: February 12, 2023, 05:18:17 PM »

Russell and I are at Circa 8th to 13th

Sad face.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: February 12, 2023, 05:19:31 PM »

oioi, Animal is back.

+1

Bring back the blog Grin

Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6068 on: February 15, 2023, 09:16:51 PM »

Promised my daughter would take her when she was 21 so we and Mrs Eck will be there from the 30th May till 6th June.

If anybody sees me you don't know me...  Grin

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: February 16, 2023, 01:32:15 PM »

Promised my daughter would take her when she was 21 so we and Mrs Eck will be there from the 30th May till 6th June.

So close!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: February 16, 2023, 06:46:34 PM »

Change of plan on the Cuba situation, very good news for those who have been to Cuba & now want to go to Vegas;

US u-turns on Esta ban for Cuba tourists

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/cuba-us-esta-ban-tourists-visa-b2273349.html

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: February 17, 2023, 06:45:55 PM »

An e-Mail to CBP (USA Customs & Border Protection) asking about ESTA elicited this reply;

Thank you for contacting the CBP Traveler Communications Center.

The United States Department of State designated Cuba as a State Sponsor of Terrorism on January 12, 2021. If a traveler is found to have visited a country designated as State Sponsor of Terrorism, the traveler is no longer eligible to participate in the Visa Wavier Program and must apply for a visa to enter the United States.

If you traveled to Cuba prior to January 12, 2021, you remain eligible to apply for ESTA. If you have traveled to Cuba since that date, please contact a U.S. embassy or consulate to apply for a visa if you still wish to travel to the United States.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and we will investigate how we may further assist you.

Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6072 on: February 17, 2023, 10:50:26 PM »

So close!

Probably a good thing, doubt you would keep up with the Mrs never mind the wee one. You lads must be getting old now...

Yep was a bummer to see your dates, I had just booked our flights a few days before. Would have been nice to cross paths.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: July 10, 2023, 09:43:51 PM »

i thought my vegas days were over, but i'm suddenly really keen to go back to the WSOP next year.

was there a virgin sale this year?

When is the sweet spot to book flights for next June or July?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: July 10, 2023, 10:24:57 PM »

i thought my vegas days were over, but i'm suddenly really keen to go back to the WSOP next year.

was there a virgin sale this year?

When is the sweet spot to book flights for next June or July?

There was a sale, but prices seemed very high to Vegas throughout.  It seemed to be at least double what it was 5 or so years ago.

I just look for reward flights, and there seemed to be enough availability on many occasions so long as you travelled weekends.

Rob Price did a post where he got there more cheaply through booking a holiday.  From what I remember it wasn't much more expensive to get a decent hotel than paying for the flights alone.  Will try and find it and link in this post.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=56335.msg2298740#msg2298740

FWIW I'd probably try and book as early as I could with flights if paying.  Can't remember a year when they got cheap nearer flight time, though somebody could correct me.  Even economy flights have been well over a grand return as June approaches. 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 10:31:23 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: