blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:28:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  A Big Thankyou to all Blondes from ACES
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Big Thankyou to all Blondes from ACES  (Read 11466 times)
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2006, 11:35:00 PM »

First of all thanks to Tightend for organising a great event , then to Dave C and Mrs C and TK for providing the friendliest forum in poker.

What a huge success this first event was , less than a year ago Blonde started and i decided to post here as i could tell the cameraderie was genuine , to then see that transfer to a live event was testimony to all you Blondites out there .

I have taken a photo of the trophy which should be in the gallery on my site soon ( you can get there from the links section on the home page )

When i told TK i would come if i could it was dependant on UK Betting resigning me as it clashed with Paris , however no answer has been forthcoming and as i went to see my mum and sister the night before in Keighley , i then drove 160 miles down to Birmingham, my intention was to play fast and if knocked out spend a couple of hours meeting as many of you as possible.

So , i apologise for staying in the comp till the end and missing out on saying a 100 hellos , also if i hadn't sucked out against Traces AA (sorry ) none of the rest would have happened .

As i got moved tables and met a few of you i could see how much you were genuinely enjoying the evening and by the time we got to the final and Glen said he couldn't believe i was on his left in only his second live comp, it suddenly struck me that as i have been a pro travelling the world playing at the highest level i had forgotten why i fell in love with this game 10 years ago.

I started playing £10 comps in Reading and was a typical fish , however the reason i kept playing 3 nights a week was i really enjoyed the friendliness amongst the players and had a good night out win or lose, i also remember the first time i played at the Vic festival and was sat with some of the "Faces" and decided i wanted to learn to play to the best of my ability.

The Blonde Bash trophy now has pride of place on the top shelf of my cabinet and i am certain that the next event will have double the number this had and will be just as much fun , assuming i can make it i will come up earlier and try to meet more of you as without you guys there is no Blonde and i am proud to be one of you.

Thanks to you as well as the usual Focus , Discipline , Concentration etc that i need to have when i play, i now have Passion again .

All the best

ACES

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 11:39:37 PM »

Thanks Simon, we are proud that you are one of us.

It would have been nice if you had been able to network more, I know you really wanted to, but at least a lot of blondeites got to play on your tables, so it worked out just fine.

I know that Glenn was made up that he sat next to you, & you helped him with some poker tips.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 11:40:43 PM »

and well played  thumbs up

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 11:44:16 PM »

One of the highlights of my night was sitting next to Simon and once everyone on the table had passed round to me in the small blind, I pushed and took his BB ... I was shaking like a leaf LOL

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 11:44:36 PM »

Well said Simon and it was a pleasure to meet you on Saturday.  I for one was proud to be there and proud of Glenn but he will not shut up about the comp and the fact that "Aces" Trumper knocked him out and i am sure that story will be retold a fair few times can tell you.

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 11:45:45 PM »

Yes...Thanks for that ..nice post. I must admit I too was hoping you would have had time to mingle a tad more .. I for one was hoping for a bit of one to one with you.. Poker tuition Simon, dont get scared..    Seriously,Thanks for attending..

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 11:49:44 PM »

Sorry to be lazy but I'm ill and tired so I'm just gonna repost my post from earlier:

Just wanna say well done to Simon Trumper.

I had the pleasure of Simon to my right for about an hour 3 tables out, raising every pot he could. He was Table Captain within 10 minutes of joining our table, made a fantastic pass versus Jo after 20 and was chip leader after 30.

He looked very focused and played excellently from what I saw.

Where else would you see a £30 comp with such a field?
Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 11:50:24 PM »

Nice to meet you Aces.

When i saw that i was on the same table as yourself, i intended to try and watch you, and pick up some tips.
Hopefully i was able to do that, and it was a pleasure(!) to be knocked out of the tourney by yourself.
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 11:55:10 PM »

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
Trace
21/01/07 18:33:11

Mrs Fielding to be!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 11:56:24 PM »

Lovely post Simon.

I have to admit when I realised you were on my table I wanted to move.  lol  This was only my 3rd ever live event and the thought of playing against a pro was more than I could handle.  Thank God you are human.  Smiley  Out of all the pro's I have met to date, you are most definitely one of the nicest.

My new claim to fame now is that I nearly knocked Ace's out of a comp.  lol

Hope to see you again soon.

Trace
xx

Liberavi animam meam
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 11:57:31 PM »

Aah, the magic of the   FA   Blonde comp. The pros playing against the rookies. I guess that was one of the great things about Saturday's comp.

Great post, Simon. I think I speak on behalf on everyone when I say thankyou for your attendance.

Please, please, please keep posting on Blonde. You're a most welcome addition to the site.

thumbs up
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 11:58:59 PM »

Top post Simon and congrats on the win. It says so much about Blonde that players like yourself, Paul etc etc wanted to come and play. It meant a lot to everyone there and made a special weekend just that bit more special.

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 12:02:44 AM »

Simon, it was a pleasure to play with you. I've already said that your call with 85 on an all heart board of 10,5,3 against an obvious overpair the was the best value call I saw all night and you were a complete gent to us all, and the fact that there have been so many responses so quickly will tell you how well respected you are amongst us blondes.

(PS thanks for not stealing too many of my blinds)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 12:05:29 AM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

Gamblor21

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 12:11:36 AM »

pleasure being at the table with you aces... and it is'nt half difficult, i fancied my chances till you doubled up to chip leader!

Then i was best to not try and make you pass any hands!

Well played and see you at the tables...

Hear me knocking... Let me in then!
glenn

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 12:17:55 AM »

Hi Simon

Great post, thankyou very much for the inspiration and for the record I am now hooked on poker.

It was amazing to watch you build up those chips before the final table from next to nothing you were certainly a deserved winner.

If your still playing in 3 years I will see you over the felt in Vegas @ WSOP  thumbs up

alll the best for 2006

Glenn
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: