blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:33:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 480127 times)
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: October 15, 2012, 07:08:26 AM »

What else is there to do?

My point exactly.. I mean I even enjoy my job, but next to poker?

No thanks mate, I'll take the fish, donkeys, rec's, reg's, old men, French men, girls, ladies, Italians and Greeks all day long.  Most of all, the PLO players.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: October 15, 2012, 06:39:01 PM »

Currently chilling in Heathrow lounge with my home made jerk chicken and spicey rice with peppers stuffed with rice.  Top that off with home made brownies made by C, they are heavenly.  So good and squidgy in the middle. Cheesy
Lol @ bringing my own food to a business lounge.

Getting started on the wodka-cokes already! Here we goooooooo!

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: October 15, 2012, 07:47:20 PM »

Looking forward to trip report

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: October 15, 2012, 08:02:30 PM »

Looking forward to trip report

You knows it.. No credit cards accepted in country so go my hotel and food money in US$... Get me to some 5/10/20

Cheesy

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: October 15, 2012, 08:49:14 PM »

Is this the most complicated staking arrangement in the world or something!

Why is Plano constantly questioning jb about tables/limits/levels? Seems bizarre

Its pretty simple. He has rules he has to stick to regarding BRM, when the roll is X he can play Y.

Last time he forgot or chose not to move down the stakes but kind of understand his reasons although was unhappy.

Yesterday when he moved up he chose to increase his tables by 50% to 6 tables of zoom even though he was misclicking frequently when he was 4 tabling. He was essentially 16+ tabling two different limits at once and was up to 300bbs deep on one table.

Part of being a winning player is playing good, the other part is being professional.

Also from a development point of view its very hard to learn if you're playing such a huge amount of tables.

Generally don't see the reason for having 2x1 and 2xanother, if you're rolled then play 4x1 if you're not dont. Its simple right?

not trying to sound like a douche

but how do u mis click when ur 4 tabling?

I take it you tile your tables also

Just me
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: October 16, 2012, 08:30:15 AM »

You dont sound like a douche. I have an evoluent 'ergonomic' mouse (like MC) and when playing 4x zoom or 4-6 normal I've found a regular ability to misclick 'call' or to press the slider along to bet what I want and click 'bet' before i realise it hasn't taken the bet.

I do tile, and with 24" monitors it allows me to have it pretty large.

The mouse is more comfy but find it harder to be 'pinpoint' accurate because of the way you use it.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 09:47:38 AM by jgcblack » Logged

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: October 16, 2012, 10:38:12 AM »

Is this the most complicated staking arrangement in the world or something!

Why is Plano constantly questioning jb about tables/limits/levels? Seems bizarre

Its pretty simple. He has rules he has to stick to regarding BRM, when the roll is X he can play Y.

Last time he forgot or chose not to move down the stakes but kind of understand his reasons although was unhappy.

Yesterday when he moved up he chose to increase his tables by 50% to 6 tables of zoom even though he was misclicking frequently when he was 4 tabling. He was essentially 16+ tabling two different limits at once and was up to 300bbs deep on one table.

Part of being a winning player is playing good, the other part is being professional.

Also from a development point of view its very hard to learn if you're playing such a huge amount of tables.

Generally don't see the reason for having 2x1 and 2xanother, if you're rolled then play 4x1 if you're not dont. Its simple right?

not trying to sound like a douche

but how do u mis click when ur 4 tabling?

I take it you tile your tables also
i know some people how can still mis click single tabling

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: October 17, 2012, 06:41:10 PM »

Dece couple of days, yesterday was rough since we flew over Mon night and arrived first thing Tue which meant quick change and into work.
Didn't sleep at all which is unusual for me, and as a result suffered all day Tues - possible the double vodka shots being given to me by the purser Paul had something to do with it.

Piri piri chicken for dinner and an early night left me feeling refreshed and up for a big days work today.
[X] achieved

Feeling good after a long one today and just ordering the standard 'steK n chips'!

There's little option of food here so going to take whatever can get.

Had a shock this morning, left my 'room' and instantly went head over heels down the marble steps.  Because there was some water on the marble and I really thought id hurt my leg for a minute or two.  Little while later, and a little pride lost.. I pick myself up and hobble off to breaky.  Bit of chicken sausage, beans and tomato then!

Had another shock just now, I have 2 armed guards sat outside my room.  Both with AK47's and a moody look.  Had to delicately ask if I was allowed in and they motion toward the toward the path to the car park.  Guess they're there to stop people sneaking in - hope so at least.

Cheesy

Life tumbles on....

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: October 17, 2012, 07:12:53 PM »

I still don't believe that you are not James Bond

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1794 on: October 17, 2012, 07:26:09 PM »

You dont sound like a douche. I have an evoluent 'ergonomic' mouse (like MC) and when playing 4x zoom or 4-6 normal I've found a regular ability to misclick 'call' or to press the slider along to bet what I want and click 'bet' before i realise it hasn't taken the bet.

The mouse is more comfy but find it harder to be 'pinpoint' accurate because of the way you use it.

Sounds like you need to either upgrade your drivers/software for the mouse or get yourself a decent mousemat.  I've used the Evoluent for years and never had a problem with the accuracy of it (had a II and then a III).  Definitely need a decent mouse mat though (gaming ones are only about a tenner) as it can struggle with shiny surfaces especially if you're prone to 'tilting' the mouse.

I use a Wowpen Joy now, as it suits me a little better than the Evoluent - but they certainly both help prevent me from suffering from RSI - which hasn't bothered me for about 6-7 years now since I started using them. If I use a normal mouse for even a short period of time now (even just a day), I feel the pain in my hand/wrist.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: October 17, 2012, 08:34:55 PM »

Sounds like you need to either upgrade your drivers/software for the mouse or get yourself a decent mousemat.  I've used the Evoluent for years and never had a problem with the accuracy of it (had a II and then a III).  Definitely need a decent mouse mat though (gaming ones are only about a tenner) as it can struggle with shiny surfaces especially if you're prone to 'tilting' the mouse.

I use a Wowpen Joy now, as it suits me a little better than the Evoluent - but they certainly both help prevent me from suffering from RSI - which hasn't bothered me for about 6-7 years now since I started using them. If I use a normal mouse for even a short period of time now (even just a day), I feel the pain in my hand/wrist.

sorry to butt in kinos

do you have a link to the mouse you use please?

struggling with rsi a bit here and need to get a more suitable mouse

thanks
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: October 17, 2012, 08:59:10 PM »

sorry to butt in kinos

thanks

probably right Boshi.. there's definitely something in 'still not used to it enough yet'... cos I have an optical 'normal' mouse that i have as a spare and im pinpoint with that (used to play CS 1.6 and CS Source a long time ago to a decent level).

but just playing 'online' there are easy misclicks like the betting thing.  I used to have Table Ninja do all my bet sizes for me.. 3 different options on every street, always x% of pot.... now i have to do it all myself, sometimes i just mess up or cant decide between which size etc.... think its a good thing pleno made me change my 'background' to a darker colour for grind duration help (just a shame TN only works on 'classic')

anyways... feeling pretty tired with the sun down so probably getting another reasonably early night.

Really glad I went back through some of the Galfond videos that first started my 'online' career with as I picked up some more things from them.  Going to go back through some other 'old' ones tonight...

peace

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: October 17, 2012, 10:50:00 PM »

Sucky....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello John,

As you may be aware real money activity from the United States is
not
allowed. Our system will automatically prevent you from using our
real money
services if it detects you are in the United States.
On October 16th 2012 you are connecting using a US IP address
83.229.26.155 . This automatically prevents you to use our real
money
services. We recommend that you call your internet service
provider and
explain to them the situation, they should be able to offer you
with a local X IP address. Using our RM services from X is
OK, but you need to be sure to use a local IP.

We hope this information helps you to resolve this issue. If
there is
anything else we may be able to assist you with please let us
know.

Regards,

Santino
PokerStars Security Team

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----- Original Message -----
Sent: 2012/10/16 05:12:41
To: support@pokerstars.com
Subject: Where am I?

>User ID: binkmepls This message was sent from the Contact
>Support form. Authenticated sender is
>"jgeorgecharlesblack@hotmail.com"
>
>Category: Software/Technical Sub-Category: General
>Software Questions
>Client Version: '6.235' System (OS) Info:
>'WindowsVista[6.0]'
>
>Message:
>
>This will sound silly, but I am currently in X for work.
>
>I am normally based in the UK, however when I just connected to
>Pokerstars.com client it came up with a warning about being 'in
>the US' or something.
>
>Can you please look to see where I've connected from as far as
>you are concerned?
>Can you confirm I am allowed to play on pokerstars.com while in
>X and X as this is where I
>will be for the next 4-5 weeks.
>
>
>thanks, and I hope to hear from you soon.
>
>John
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:51:56 PM by jgcblack » Logged

JustinSayne

View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: October 18, 2012, 12:29:22 PM »

Bit of chicken sausage + Gaurds with AK47's

Confirmed scary Muslim country?

That IP '83.229.26.155' says you are in Borehamwood Tongue How is this american! VPN?

Detective ITT
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 12:39:50 PM by JustinSayne » Logged
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1799 on: October 18, 2012, 12:57:45 PM »

sorry to butt in kinos

thanks

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wow-Pen-Joy-WP-012-optical-button/dp/B001FWKA7A
(no software with it to program the buttons, so you will then need to download this: http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm - it's free)

I had the Evoluent II and III and the II had design flaws, and I stood on the III and broke a button on it (but it was much better than the II).  The Evo IV looks good, and comes with more options (including a smaller version, as one of the main complaints of the II & III was that it suited people with larger hands).
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_8?url=search-alias%3Dcomputers&field-keywords=evoluent+vertical+mouse+4&sprefix=evoluent%2Ccomputers%2C237

The Joypen would suit people with smaller hands (I have small hands, and yes it's true what they say), the Evoluent might suit you if you have larger hands - and don't know about the small-version of the Evoluent as I haven't tried it, but I'd guess it would be good for me.

There are a lot of other 'ergonomic' mice (mouses?) out there, but some appear to be nothing more than gimmicks, whilst some are actually very good.  A case of your mileage may vary.  Definitely recommend getting a decent gaming mousemat as well though, as they can make a big difference, and they cost less than a tenner.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: