blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:50:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 480181 times)
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: October 13, 2012, 04:16:38 PM »

Is this the most complicated staking arrangement in the world or something!

Why is Plano constantly questioning jb about tables/limits/levels? Seems bizarre

Its pretty simple. He has rules he has to stick to regarding BRM, when the roll is X he can play Y.

Last time he forgot or chose not to move down the stakes but kind of understand his reasons although was unhappy.

Yesterday when he moved up he chose to increase his tables by 50% to 6 tables of zoom even though he was misclicking frequently when he was 4 tabling. He was essentially 16+ tabling two different limits at once and was up to 300bbs deep on one table.

Part of being a winning player is playing good, the other part is being professional.

Also from a development point of view its very hard to learn if you're playing such a huge amount of tables.

Generally don't see the reason for having 2x1 and 2xanother, if you're rolled then play 4x1 if you're not dont. Its simple right?

I wanted to play the ones I'm rolled for, and once I'd established I was playing the 'best' I could I reasoned it would be sensible to take a shot on one table with the idea of having a strict 1bi stop loss on the higher tables.

All went well and I was up to 4bi's on the 25nl table but still a few bb's up on the 10nl.  Figured it would make sense to try and see if i could fire up another and cope, and if not to to use the profit to allow me to have a 'freeroll' on 25nl where it 'seems' a little looser (probably my imagination).

I obv wanted to discuss all this with you but didn't get any replies from my questions to you about whether i should/ how best to do it.

When I'm going away on Monday and don't expect to be able to grind while away I wanted to make the most of this weekend, esp fri/sat as they seem to be my biggest winning days by a long way.

So I came home from work and slept for 4 hours then had dinner and chilled for an hour, then started around 1030pm yesterday - I have just finished.

1001 minutes
17646 hands
Net won - $96.99
3.57bb/100
solid stats, I veered into 20/16/8 territory around 10am this morning so I then gave myself a slap and had a wash/ refresh/ food and came back... trying to play even tighter and more aggressive than before since I was now battling vs fresh and wide awake 'players' on a Saturday morning.  I managed to again get back up to +$150 (3 times in the session i hit 155) but as happened each time, right at the peak and as I pushed and pushed myself to play even better I smashed another massive pot.

'This' time it was 1010 vs KQ 4 way on AJ10.. i flat, flat, shove river and he takes a while to call - i wasn't the most happy.

About the multi tabling thing... I took it as gently and carefully as I could, and then did drop back down to 4 when I realised I was having a 'dip' in concentration.  Even got the 'cycle bike' under the desk so I could keep active and stop entropy in my legs. (worked a treat)

I did not play my A game throughout this session but I did manage to recognize my changes in gear and opening ranges/ times for bluffs etc.

I had a bunch of hands in a row at one point where I 'took off' in what I thought were ok spots only to run into 3 reraises in about 5 minutes.  That was soul destroying.

I appreciate I am not 'taking my time' as much as maybe I should... but it is just good 'honest' hunger and enthusiasm.  (and I am now winning... slower than maybe I could but its consistent).  It's not deliberate or malicious..

Here are some of the biggest winners and losers - while I get some sleep before a 5p/5p home game tonight on "danmuddi's" new table. (looks great on fb)

http://wt.ag/QjHKMS
meh

http://wt.ag/QjHPA4
I was shutting down, then I saw this little beauty roll into the corner pocket, so figured his AJ would be hard to put down.  And he did have AJ. Cheesy

http://wt.ag/QjHVaZ
nice hold/ rebink

http://wt.ag/QjHY6C
pretty sure he wasn't folding

http://wt.ag/QjI3qS
probably a bit judge mental but I don't like the way he played his hand.. nice river for me.

http://wt.ag/RVEoRz
probably really standard, but I almost puked in my mouth.
His line is completely consistent with KK, he just 'has it' all the time imo.  What else does he 3bt pre OOP when 500bb deep?

http://wt.ag/QjIbGQ
This was right at the start of the session, at the time I actually thought it was thin/ a mistake purely because I guess his calling range should be AJ/ KK and he won't check AJ all the time.  unsure...?

http://wt.ag/RVETuX
this sucked so much... maybe its a cf on the river.. idk. (obv should just bet,shove but whatev)

http://wt.ag/QjIEJc
the ONE time I take off trying to rep a big hand... and he ****ing has it.  #whatajoke

http://wt.ag/QjIGRl
meh

http://wt.ag/QjIHEQ
i actually like the cc, cc line but it needs to be a 'fold' river not cc.

http://wt.ag/RVFfBO
meh

http://wt.ag/QjIy4s
possibly a mistake... but he should have 88-QQ here a chunk/ other fd's... sighaments.

http://wt.ag/QjISjH
sure I'll get told off for this but meh...

http://wt.ag/RVFzk4
just peel.... #whatstheworstthatcanhappen?

One small-ish thing I've noticed while going through my big hands for this mammoth session is that the 'top 50' are massively green (+ve) pots, which means there is a LOT of bet/folding in small to medium pots.

This is what's obviously creating my drastic graph difference to in the past.  My blue line is skyward and the red line is digging its way to Oz.

Bank roll is at $377.63 which puts us just 'under rolled' for 25nl properly.. shame I couldn't hold onto that extra $50 to put me over the top.

I am going to a home game tonight but it should be so busy that I'm going to take my laptop with me as well, which means I may grind some tonight.  Either way I will likely grind some when I get home.  My plan will be to start on 4x10nl as usual.. and when I get to $30 on a table I'll take a 'freeroll' at a 25nl table again.  There are definitely a LOT more people staying 'deep' at 25nl than there are at 10nl and since 'they' seem to play worse than I do in the 'big ones' at the moment that obv favors us.

Anything you want to talk about pat, just email me and it'll come to my phone.

lots of love to all.... #stayingupthistime

TL900

View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: October 13, 2012, 04:30:38 PM »

lol @ 17k hands

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: October 13, 2012, 04:46:23 PM »

Lolled pretty hard at "stop entropy in my legs" too.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: October 13, 2012, 05:57:05 PM »

why do we bet the turn here?

http://wt.ag/QjHPA4

and what did we learn from the 18k hands?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: October 13, 2012, 05:57:51 PM »

pre flop should be way bigger, really dislike the turn, think i just keep calling.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1775 on: October 13, 2012, 07:04:31 PM »

lol @ 17k hands

Yea this. Just lol. Nice grind sir
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: October 14, 2012, 03:17:50 PM »

Mini TR - Rob T and "Danmuddi's" home game
Had some serious banter last night... and as usual, every time i truly relax i become a complete prick.  (well not complete, less than i used to)

I ended up booking a little win, but relative to the 5p/5p blinds an £8.20 win is actually about 150bb/100 - sick.

Cliffs
1. Host Rob got into an awkward pot where its all in pre, he has AA and has tabled them and Callum (been stacked twice already) obv has a big pair, but doesn't want to show it.

C: "I need a Q"
Rob: "oh so you have QQ's show me and we'll run it twice"
S: "he's got JJ, obv"
C: "no, its ok.. I'll just get stacked again."

Then the board is run out with the AA face up and the £40 of both stacks in the middle

Flop
 xxx (i dont even remember)

Turn
and then C opens his hand  

as Rob goes on MEGA MONKEY TILT

River
x  - no one has ever cared what this river was

I couldn't help it, I found the whole thing so funny I just kept laughing for ages..... eventually Rob says something like "dude, give it up, its clearly pissing me off"
So i calmed down and shutup for abit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. I get it in 3 ways with   vs   vs  

on  

Which sucks.. since Rob bet first and then S shoved and i rejammed... obv Rob has one of the only hands I'm in bad shape vs.

Turn     -sighhhhhh!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Playing 5 card PLO
I get dealt  
Which i 'think' is a good hand, but I'm unsure, I have a big pair (for top sets) and a nut draw and 3 broadways...

It is limped to me and purely because I am the CO and the btn is a regular Omaha Hi/Lo player I know he will be much tighter than the other guys.  So if I raise I should get the btn more often than not

It gets called all round by everyone else

Flop

obviously a decent flop for our hand, but I recognise that my bkdoor draws are worth something, just no idea of how much.  I decide to bet 70% pot and get two callers - one is danmuddi (a nit) and the other Scot (not a nit).

Turn

I see this as one of the best/worst cards for me, because I now have a nut draw to go with my top set, but I will almost certainly be up against at least 1x 910xxx when the flop is 3 way.

danmuddi leads which is literally the nut worst situation since I think he likely has 910xxx like 95% of the time here, S peels the 0.70 (40% pot) and I decide that because I know dan is a nit, and that S is not, that if I raise here, I put max pressure on dan/ define my hand vs their ranges and set up a great pot size vs my stack otr IF i hit one of my many 'nut' outs.  Also, I expect this to 'buy' me showdown EVERY single time those two don't have 910xxx as they will obv assume I have it when I raise here.

This raise could be terrible if I get re-potted by dan (with     or something) because I don't know what I will do vs a turn repot.  Or what I should do.

Dan calls, S calls.

River
 two hearts  or similar brick.  

Dan checks, S checks and I don't think I ever get called by less than a straight here so I check.

Dan has         - for a basically 'dead' hand vs me (only his low end straight is good and he won't bet that into me otr)

Scott has   three diamonds  or some complete garbage that happens to have hit the nuts and held.

And I finish 3rd which is fine, I think I played my hand 'well' as it will be difficult to get these guys to pot/repot/repot river with worse than the nuts and I will have the nuts on 1/4 of rivers. (or something... I haven't worked out exactly how many but n x clubs/ n x pairups (7 gives muddi quads obv))

4. Smoke break masterclass

Most of the group go outside for a smoke and 4 of us are left.... I have the btn and ask them if i can play a hand where I'm likely to 'hit a flop' because I haven't hit many so far in the session.

They agree and I suggest 4 card Irish with two flops.

#ohyeahbabylotstohit

So I'm dealt   which i think should hit a bunch of boards, I can have 'nut' hands and draws... and I have position = good situation imo.

I raise to 35p or something and then get reraised to 1.40 by Callum (he reraised a lot, IP and OOP)

we all peel and see a two flops

Flops

three diamonds  

cupcake stirthepot disco

Well this is obviously a decent set of flops for my hand.... nuts on one board and a pair on the others... it allows me to enjoy a 'freeroll' vs anyone and potantially to win a big pot vs Ax as someone will obv keep the 'highest' kicker in order to ensure they 'lockup' that half of the pot.

Rob checks, Callum now checks (probably has A 9 9 2 or something), Tom checks and I bet 3/5 pot, Rob folds and Callum clarifies how this all works...
C: "so how does this work again, I'm playing on one board, or both? and how many cards do I get rid of?"
J: "well if you can win on one side you get half the pot if its hu"
C: "so half if you set me in on the turn.. and I win one board?"
J: "yes..." (so you have Ax... sweeeet)

C calls and Tom folds  We discard our two cards, I keep obv.

Turn

Two Diamonds
 three clubs

C checks and I go all in - he tank calls.  The cards are turned over, and everyone lol's at me and how Ive 'rigged' this made up game.  Callum is being stacked for the second time of the night and effectively I'm freerolling him as he has   which means he has to his a 7 on both or his gutshot on the other.

I don't know the odds but I guess I'm like 98% to chop and 95% to win both.

River

No idea what they were, I just know that I scooped and got a disgusted look from the 3 of them as the others came in to see me scooping a massive pot with about 20 cards on the table.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

5. And by far the funniest thing of the night...

Playing 4 card PLO

I can't remember how we get there, or who's in the pot on the flop

BUT.....

Flop

Callum checks, Dan checks, Scot 'pots', I fold, Callum repots, Dan calls, Scot repots, Callum repots, Dan folds and while I'm trying to work out what the bet is everyone asks Scot - "are you getting it in?"

At which point Scott (who has won every single pot >£1 for about an hour currently sat on £90 (5p/5p blinds))
Says "yeah of course I am".

So we don't care about the bets and get the money in.... messy, clearly a JJ vs 1010 type spot.

Hands exposed -
C:     - pretty obvious someone had that.

S:   WAIT FOR IT!!

the mighty mighty....   three diamonds

For a completely dead hand, irrelevant of how many times they run it.  (being dead when you have 4 cards in PLO is pretty tough if I'm right)

Scot took it really well but we ALL loll'd ourselves for so long, and Rob and Toms tilt from doing their bollocks all night is now completely cured with this hilarious and standard NLHE player playing Omaha mistake.

All in all a pretty 'sweet' and relaxed night was had by all (I hope) and the home-made table is really comfy, smart and professional looking.

Think if the boys perfected it and did it on the side they could easily make a decent side income out of it (think it took about 8-9 hours to build.  The only trouble is with the table being 9-10ft long it's tough for the owners to store it easily, esp if they have a custom built base for it. We discussed the options the guys have for the base/ legs/ support structure and it sounds like they plan to build something sweet for it soon.  Even 'webcam' options and how it could be made into a 'stream-able' table with some additional tech-know-how.. I could guess/ work it out but I don't know off the top of my head.

Picture's to be taken and uploaded next time I go round as I forgot to charge my camera this time.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: October 14, 2012, 05:18:31 PM »

This raise could be terrible if I get re-potted by dan (with     or something) because I don't know what I will do vs a turn repot.  Or what I should do.

Do whatever you want as long as it doesn't involve folding.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: October 14, 2012, 05:53:10 PM »

Playing a zoom session and playing like an idiot... that is annoying me.

also

**** anyone who chooses to chkminr.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: October 14, 2012, 08:10:30 PM »

Yeah, I played a mixture of bad and ok.. which isn't a winning combo.

After I'd dug myself out of the hole by playing good, I then blew it again and realised I wasn't playing well.  So I quit and made some dinner, cleaned up and watched some BBC Planet Earth which was very calming.

Sucks to leave it like this... lets hope I can get internet where I'm going.

Clues
I'm going to a rather unpleasant place
Something important happened here late last year
Internet is unlikely in the 'hotel' I'll be staying in
Never been here before

gl me.

I know I probably seem lame, or desperate or something but I really cannot wait for 10th Dec when I don't have to work for about 3 weeks and I can grind all day everyday. I'm going to aim for 5k/day each day minimum and hope to be winning a decent amount @ 25nl looking to move up by the end of it and the start of next year.

Optimistic but i've gotta have something to work toward.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: October 14, 2012, 08:51:04 PM »

out of interest, where does your desire come from? why are you so keen to grind so much? $ or challenge or what?

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: October 15, 2012, 12:05:49 AM »

out of interest, where does your desire come from? why are you so keen to grind so much? $ or challenge or what?

Its a good question..

I want to say $$ but that would be a lie.

Its a mix of challenge, enjoyment, $$ and pride.  I think one that stunted my early development was pride/ ego.  However as I move forward and see the success of my actions I learn and adjust and enjoy all the +ve aspects.

Im told I need to grind hands to learn, to put in 'time' to earn my stripes and I've seen it through the hands so far that I am able to understand the 'greater game' now, more than I was.  But not perfect, not yet.

Where does your desire come from mate?

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: October 15, 2012, 01:32:41 AM »

at times addiction, at times money, at times a reason to live

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: October 15, 2012, 05:24:32 AM »

at times addiction, at times money, at times a reason to live

My motivation too.

Sick grind going John, not been on skype in ages but will try to get a sweat on at some point when internet is up here. Keep it up mate.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: October 15, 2012, 05:47:49 AM »

What else is there to do?

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: