blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:54:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 480099 times)
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: July 17, 2012, 04:42:02 PM »

Wow, john you take criticism better than anyone I've ever seen. Unfortunately pleno's general point is right, you need to learn ABC before you start on the other letters, however I agree with alex that it's laughable that pleno would be the one giving that advice, he spews more than anyone I've seen since the legendary Alex Martin. I especially enjoyed it when he tried to claim randomly overbet shoving with the nuts is a fresh new idea.

Its going to be really frustrating for people like me who have to miss out on Pleno posting and commenting on threads because you in particular, and alex, seem determined to belittle and get involved with comments that are clearly OOL to some degree. I speak to both John and Pleno regularly and Pads has said similar things to me whenever I post stupid spewy hand histories. I'm not even his horse ffs. If we are going to ask for his advice, i want his honest opinion, and not to be mollycoddled and comforted. I'd find it interesting to see what the same people would be saying if Pleno hadn't been so harsh, and JB was still spewing around like his early days. (Please no offence to this John, it might sound harsh). I find it extremely frustrating to find that people in the community can see another regular poster getting annoyed/frustrated, and still feel the need to get involved. I can imagine just how others would react if people felt the need to get involved in their business.

I'm sure JB understands Pleno's frustration at the occasional spew, but its always going to be hard if he is seeing HH and not entire sessions. Get working on it. Might not be on skype for the next few days but GLLLLL and cant wait to see you back @ 25nl and moving on up!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: July 17, 2012, 06:05:42 PM »

Hi all, hopefully as said before hope john will continue to post hands and pleno comment as i find them very useful.
Have already started doing a couple of things picked up on this thread, and they are working.ty.
regards to alexs comment to pleno, thought it was just fun rub type comment, but sometimes like when u text they dont always come across as u hoped they would, and often'read' different than intended.
Anyway keep up good work lads.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: July 17, 2012, 06:23:00 PM »

Hi all, hopefully as said before hope john will continue to post hands and pleno comment as i find them very useful.
Have already started doing a couple of things picked up on this thread, and they are working.ty.
regards to alexs comment to pleno, thought it was just fun rub type comment, but sometimes like when u text they dont always come across as u hoped they would, and often'read' different than intended.
Anyway keep up good work lads.

Yeah it's all banter. Pushing anyone to the point of not posting here is pretty shitty unless you hate the tw@t obv.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: July 17, 2012, 08:16:24 PM »

Cliffs on todays 4000+ hand session on my day off...

Won lots..

Lost
lost
lost
lost
lost
lost
lostmore Stoploss by now.

Had a break as I felt fine but pat told me to stop @ 5bi.

Came back, feeling still fine.

Lost
lost
lost
lost
won
won
lost
lost
lost

About to hit stop loss for second time today

KK vs 77 on J72cc 2  - must be soooo nice.

To those of you who have won money at online cash games. I most sincerely salute you.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: July 17, 2012, 08:48:49 PM »

How to lose @ 10nl consistently.
By John George Charles Black

This is a lesson in how to not win and instead on how to lose, if the losing is what you want to do then keep reading.  The game of poker is rather interesting and due to the wide reaching and variety of its players it can be played in many different ways, the structure below will result in a negative $$ end.

These hands will be in no particular time/date order, needless to say they all happened today and they all involve the WPT Poker client and all of its fluffy and friendly users.  I sincerely <3 them all and want to just have a rather large tea party for all of us to discuss our best losing tactics.  I feel I should be a speaker at such events as there are online robots designed to beat this level but no one has yet designed one to lose as slowly and steadily as I have today.

Hands
- http://wt.ag/NCmbI4 this springs to mind first as it is not only our biggest lose but also an example of a simple error in judgement.  When we have an overpair and there is a  Two Diamonds two hearts we should know that obviously our opponent with statistics of 30/19/5.8 (vpip/pfr/3bt) would obviously only raise our cbet with a set, then on the 2 turn we now know he has 77. Good loss here John.

- http://wt.ag/NCn8Ac not that this is in any way her fault but I was having an argument with my girlfriend at the time of this hand and therefore would love to blame that on it.  However, the user in question is running 58/19/7.7 and had been making large raises with a wide variety of hands.. so i decided to let him bluff all his chips away.. and instead he decided to win.  Wp sir.

- http://wt.ag/NCnpDp This is an example of why we don't try to bluff fish very often, as they don't like the fold button.  Turns out top pair and a 9 is plenty for this chap.

- http://wt.ag/NCnx5U vs a fairly aggressive regular we've decided we're 4bt/ calling 10's+ AK and as such we expect to be doing well with that range.  In this case he has the old bobbies and they do a win, I hope he was happy and it reaffirmed his faith in JJ as many players seem to 'hate them'. 

- http://wt.ag/NCnIhs obviously when we have the two pairs we should know its impossible for the other user to have two pair and instead they will always have the set and or straight, whichever takes their fancy that time.  In this case we actually had a few outs but decided we didn't want them this time.  I hope he enjoys the extra bankroll.

- http://wt.ag/NCo0oy this is an example of why we play the old  to a cold 4bt.  We can always do a win if we flop a straight and he bets all of his discs, just that easy really, nothing else to note.  Optimal play sir, well executed.

- http://wt.ag/NCoaw3 not a big fan of this in retrospect but I actually thought he would have Qx a lot by the river.. was hoping he would sigh it off.  However I guess he probably has KQ or QJ a lot.. so in actual fact its just giving away money.  Nice turn card though, quite liked it.

- http://wt.ag/NCoomY Silly me to think the one time we get KK and some action he might have QQ.... oh silly silly boy, he obviously has AA. Nevermind.

- http://wt.ag/NCotak Always make sure when you're shoving you have good equity against AK... if not its a bad shove.  WP sir, i thought that was a tidy flop for you, i almost hit my gutshot though you little rascal, might get you next time.

- http://wt.ag/NCoyLg An example of some discipline. End of.

- http://wt.ag/NCoDhP Glad this gentleman hadn't rebought before the hand.. would have cost more then.

This is enough torture for today, I will however post a few brag hands.

- http://wt.ag/NCoI57 Always make sure you have some get 'theres'.

- http://wt.ag/NCoJ9p  This guy had a REALLY high Cbet and we had a gutshot = ty sir.

- http://wt.ag/NCoNFU Sometimes they misclick All in as a call.

- http://wt.ag/NCoVW2 More like it, any more like this and I might actually win.  Will make notes to not do this.

Not really sure where today is going, really want to play more as I feel that I've had a rough time in a lot of hands and that it will even out, but after 500 hands winning the world to then having 4000 hands losing it.. so slowly.. I can't see it happening.  But it will, because stopping this diary would suck!

So I will win, just not yet.

One day, in the meantime debating whether to eat well tonight or just F**K it all off and order dominoes.  What's another £18 on the overdraft anyways?

peace

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: July 17, 2012, 09:05:32 PM »

When are you next off on your adventures with work?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: July 17, 2012, 09:11:33 PM »

When are you next off on your adventures with work?

Month or so, going somewhere very vanilla.. but should be ok.  Might miss the DTD500 which would be a shame, hopefully not.

skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: July 17, 2012, 10:21:59 PM »

Wow, john you take criticism better than anyone I've ever seen. Unfortunately pleno's general point is right, you need to learn ABC before you start on the other letters, however I agree with alex that it's laughable that pleno would be the one giving that advice, he spews more than anyone I've seen since the legendary Alex Martin. I especially enjoyed it when he tried to claim randomly overbet shoving with the nuts is a fresh new idea.

Its going to be really frustrating for people like me who have to miss out on Pleno posting and commenting on threads because you in particular, and alex, seem determined to belittle and get involved with comments that are clearly OOL to some degree. I speak to both John and Pleno regularly and Pads has said similar things to me whenever I post stupid spewy hand histories. I'm not even his horse ffs. If we are going to ask for his advice, i want his honest opinion, and not to be mollycoddled and comforted. I'd find it interesting to see what the same people would be saying if Pleno hadn't been so harsh, and JB was still spewing around like his early days. (Please no offence to this John, it might sound harsh). I find it extremely frustrating to find that people in the community can see another regular poster getting annoyed/frustrated, and still feel the need to get involved. I can imagine just how others would react if people felt the need to get involved in their business.

I'm sure JB understands Pleno's frustration at the occasional spew, but its always going to be hard if he is seeing HH and not entire sessions. Get working on it. Might not be on skype for the next few days but GLLLLL and cant wait to see you back @ 25nl and moving on up!

I'm not "determined to belittle" pleno, the comparison to Alex Martin was meant to be a compliment ffs, like I said in the post he's legendary. Believe it or not I can understand pleno's frustration with a horse losing money and why he posted in the tone that he did, but I assumed since they're having their tiff on the forum and not in private that counts as an open invitation for comments.

@Pleno: Unfortunately I read your deleted post, I'm sorry my post made you bring the big guns ("lost all respect", "10bb/100", "gave to charity"), I was only having a cheeky dig.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: July 17, 2012, 10:45:12 PM »

edit: cant be bothered with arguing.

gl Smiley

@Pleno: Unfortunately I read your deleted post, I'm sorry my post made you bring the big guns ("lost all respect", "10bb/100", "gave to charity"), I was only having a cheeky dig.

rofl.

yeh let's all be friends instead Smiley

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: July 17, 2012, 10:53:29 PM »

Sorry James. Just real life difficulties a d easy to get anger out with my fat thumbs on my iPhone.

Although most stuff I said I meant just in a nicer tone.

I linked to a thread on pokerstrategy where I'm doing a strategy well and you will see y general way of conducting strategy advice is to be very basic, understanding and constructive way. Genuinely think the way with John is right
Though he really needs it to be sometimes shouted and marked on red so he understands the severity of the problems. He has a big sign next to his grinding area on capitals saying do not bluff so I'm pretty sure he understands too, which is great of course.

John is without doubt one of te most keen guys on here and what he currently lacks in focus and fundamentals he more than makes up for in passion and enthusiasm and I would much prefer to work with someone like that than a ***** who would grim but understands how to 3barrel.

Also gtfo with the Alex Martin comparisons. He is nearly 30 ffs his aggro image is because he started 3bettonf before 2008. At least if I spew I do it in style.

Xo

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: July 17, 2012, 10:57:40 PM »

Also had a reallllllly good reply to keys when he said sarcastically said I claimed to invent overbettong. Like really really good but google
Wasn't my friend.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 17, 2012, 11:05:34 PM »

Sorry James. Just real life difficulties a d easy to get anger out with my fat thumbs on my iPhone.

Although most stuff I said I meant just in a nicer tone.

I linked to a thread on pokerstrategy where I'm doing a strategy well and you will see y general way of conducting strategy advice is to be very basic, understanding and constructive way. Genuinely think the way with John is right
Though he really needs it to be sometimes shouted and marked on red so he understands the severity of the problems. He has a big sign next to his grinding area on capitals saying do not bluff so I'm pretty sure he understands too, which is great of course.

John is without doubt one of te most keen guys on here and what he currently lacks in focus and fundamentals he more than makes up for in passion and enthusiasm and I would much prefer to work with someone like that than a ***** who would grim but understands how to 3barrel.

Also gtfo with the Alex Martin comparisons. He is nearly 30 ffs his aggro image is because he started 3bettonf before 2008. At least if I spew I do it in style.

Xo

Like, and very much agree on the bolded part.

xoxoxo
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 17, 2012, 11:25:23 PM »

Think you could save some buy ins there mate.

The trike barrel jam is huge spew and similar to a lot of other hands previously where you have lost but ins. It's a huge spew.

The ak when you shove the turn is a huge spew this board is massive for his cold calling range we should c/f the flop but instead do a buy in.

The ak jan on the river is definitely bad with a straight all his qx are full houses. Also 3bet pre why are you flattin vs te button? Yeh river is definitely very bad and it's a lot closer to a gold than a jam.

Some of the set ups look really ugly. Also we cold 4bet ak vs utg opener and no 3bet at 10nl this seems very optimistic?

107 hand is very ugly and sucks a lot so unlucky there I would say that pre we should be going a little bigger 5-6bbs is good.

In general you shouldn't be having stop loss days and at 10nl they should be unheard of so having 2 in a day obviously is going to be disappointing, but as we know to will disappoint you as much as me. Generally of you hit a stop loss it means no more poker especially if you're arguing with gf or in a bad mindset. If ou hit a stop loss either quit or the day and get drunk or in next session give yourself a 2 or 3bi stop loss.

This isn't a brag or trying to sound superior buni don't know of I've ever lost 10 buy ins in a day, this is at much more aggressive levels.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 17, 2012, 11:46:05 PM »

Fully appreciate the point but I was 100% that I felt good and was playing good. So I didn't want to stop, esp once she'd gone out and I had a whole nother 5 hours to grind. Im told it takes 000's hands so im trying to put them in.

tough day all round but morale isn't hit, just need to be more cautious vs regs and more trigger happy vs fish.

Feels sick to do such a long session and see down and down and down... But meh - win tomorrow imo

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: July 18, 2012, 02:03:27 AM »

This isn't a brag or trying to sound superior buni don't know of I've ever lost 10 buy ins in a day, this is at much more aggressive levels.

need 2 more cards and a few more balls Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: