blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:11:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 480125 times)
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: July 21, 2012, 05:22:46 AM »

Jgblack, tl900 and 5 guests......

They're commmmmming!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 09:35:52 PM by jgcblack » Logged

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 22, 2012, 12:01:55 AM »

Currently playing a live game and enjoying what poker should be about...

Fun, frolicks and slowrolls...

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 22, 2012, 09:32:16 AM »

SuuPRlim and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

1.30am in Vegas, 9.30am in UK

#hardcorefan

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 22, 2012, 02:05:09 PM »

SuuPRlim and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

1.30am in Vegas, 9.30am in UK

#hardcorefan
tyvm.. whatcha thinking about day before yesterday? Tongue

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 22, 2012, 05:33:53 PM »

really well done mate, some good focus shown, the AA and KJ hands are both good folds imo, something that was defo missing before so that's awesome!!

Nice to see a lil run-good as well cos you've been grinding your lil face off so nice bit of justice there Smiley

Let's not get carried away though, 1 good day is just one good day, im really happy for you, but lets just keep this good composed play going for another few sessions Smiley

gogogogogo

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 22, 2012, 05:42:56 PM »

That's the plan mate. The tough thing im fighting is myself and my instincts/ natural behaviour.

Its so easy to get happy, cocky, confident when playing well and focussed AND running good.  I know what I have to do and how, so its just a case of taking it slowly and trying to slow myself down before I get overexcited.

Really hoping I can keep the focus and work going.  Im going to play the full 25k hands that pleno suggested.  Want to see how it looks over that sample.

Move up slowly, steadily and consistently.  Moving up n down every week is a nightmare.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 22, 2012, 06:40:44 PM »

yh, great plan imo.

Keep your head down and keep going at 10nl whilst you have this momentum and yo're focused, also you'll find that being well comfortable for the stake (as in you wont have "sigh if i lose X buyins more I have to move back down) in the back of your mind, you'll be free to just focus on playing well!

Looking forward to seeing this 25k hands graph, the volume you put in wont take any time at all + you've had a nice start. gogogogogogo

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 24, 2012, 12:26:10 AM »

Hey all, pretty standard session today.  Only a couple of 'fun' hands, but mainly a bunch of flips that we lost and a lot of small pots we didn't get called in..

Finished -$25 but EV adjusted was only -$4.60 so just a case of a few small mistakes and a little variance.  C'est la vie.

http://wt.ag/ME65L9
if there is a reg i should fold this to its this guy, running 1.6% 3bt over 800 hands I guess he's just playing QQ+ pre... which obviously means we should adjust to the same range and let variance fight it out. 

http://wt.ag/ME6yNj
this was a sucky start to the session.. was thinking about shoving turn but when I saw his changed bet sizing I knew he would be shoving 100% of rivers.  Have to flat turn imo.

http://wt.ag/ME6BZI
meh... variance.

http://wt.ag/ME6D3P
this is a shame.. the JJ full on timebank/called as well.  As it rolled out I was like well I guess I'm ok unless he has AJ..

http://wt.ag/ME70v3
kinda fine me thinks..

http://wt.ag/ME73XG
Vs this particular villain i wanted to go much bigger otr then realised that he might not peel a pot bet with this kinda hand... but he SNAPPED this off so im guessing he probably would vs me.
Had a great session vs him.

And a LOT of these kinda hands...

http://wt.ag/ME7gdy
guess the fishes have to make a pair more often.

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 24, 2012, 09:08:20 AM »

Hi john.
looks like u got unluckey a couple times , how come u go all in with the pr jacks on river??
thanks for keeping posting all the hands etc, gl

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 24, 2012, 09:16:33 AM »

just seen he only has $4 left anyway, i always fear the worst in these situations and usually end up checking lol

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: July 24, 2012, 06:20:38 PM »

99 aipf really? Best your hoping for is AK AQ AJ, smashed by everything else that calls you. And if he folds [never happening] you win 14bbs off him?

Don't really understand why you'd shove JT hand otr either. He folds his missed diamonds anyway and only calls 2p or with 5x.

Maybe I'm just a massive nit, but at 10nl, it works.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 25, 2012, 12:48:15 AM »

99 aipf really? Best your hoping for is AK AQ AJ, smashed by everything else that calls you. And if he folds [never happening] you win 14bbs off him?

Don't really understand why you'd shove JT hand otr either. He folds his missed diamonds anyway and only calls 2p or with 5x.

I've found some people spazz pre and vs these im getting in 99+ pre. But this isn't my default vs everyone. I find a lot of people AK/ QQ+ heavy.. Whic actually makes 99+ good of I remember my numbers correctly???

Also JT hand I have seen players call down with A6o on AK10 x x. So they're going to call down with worse some % of the time.  They will often have raised better a decent % of the time before the river.

Any other thoughts?

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: July 25, 2012, 06:10:11 PM »

Just had some kinda strange news...

My Uncle who had a motorbike accident a year or so ago which was very serious and ended up with him paralysed beneath the waist.

Has just been found Dead in his sitting room by his parents, circumstances unknown.  He is an Uncle on my Step-fathers side and despite not being close to him in recent years, he was so nice to me when I was younger playing with me with his motorbikes and my first electric one (i was 5/6 or something) and he is the 'first' person that I've known to die which makes me a lucky (until now, I'm 25) but strange feelings kinda situation.

Wow, kinda winded me tbh...

In other news I have a staking thread up... gl me.. (been grilled by Goulder already - fml Keys hasn't even seen it yet)

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=58543.msg1610362#msg1610362

Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 25, 2012, 06:25:43 PM »

I've found some people spazz pre and vs these im getting in 99+ pre. But this isn't my default vs everyone. I find a lot of people AK/ QQ+ heavy.. Whic actually makes 99+ good of I remember my numbers correctly???

Also JT hand I have seen players call down with A6o on AK10 x x. So they're going to call down with worse some % of the time.  They will often have raised better a decent % of the time before the river.

Any other thoughts?

The 99 theory confuses me. I know people are a bit special at 10NL but I just cant see that move being profitable long term. Just seems very billy big balls and hi variance. Probably opens a can of worms like what I'd do with TT and JJ I suppose which are 80% of the time hands I dont mind getting in aipf (villain dependent etc).

JT hand I do understand, I just dont think people get to the river with much worse than your hand.

If it works for you then fair enough. Just speaking from having played alot of 10/20nl like yourself.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: July 25, 2012, 06:31:01 PM »

Any other thoughts?

The 99 theory confuses me. I know people are a bit special at 10NL but I just cant see that move being profitable long term. Just seems very billy big balls and hi variance. Probably opens a can of worms like what I'd do with TT and JJ I suppose which are 80% of the time hands I dont mind getting in aipf (villain dependent etc).

JT hand I do understand, I just dont think people get to the river with much worse than your hand.

If it works for you then fair enough. Just speaking from having played alot of 10/20nl like yourself.

You are absolutely 100% right, its NOT standard.. and vs most 10nl regs won't be a good play.  I can't tell you or give you more than this... whether results orientated or correct in game flow decision I didn't think this guy was folding any pair to me or a lot of A high hands.. in which case it becomes marginally +ev.  its a slim margin and in this case we lost the race.  But this is something I'm trying to work on in my game so that my decisions can be a +++Ev as possible.

This was probably a bad decision, but at the time i thought it was ok. 

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: