blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:03:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 476158 times)
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 07:24:24 PM »

NSFW please FFS

Oh and glgl

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
h

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 07:35:28 PM »

£10k+ hendon flag. - I'm not sure if I'm supposed to already have one, since I've cashed the dtd 300 last year?

this you ?

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=107714

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 07:42:57 PM »

Ty Ty Ty Ty Ty all!

I'm going to try and keep it 'me'... I'm not sure how interesting that will be, as I've not got a piano in my living room, high stakes balla mates, a croquet gang, the ups and downs of serious MTT life, but I do have a wide variety of people, places and experiences to share... and I'm not really afraid to say whats going through it.

Lil'Dave.. I would like to vote that you list your 'top ten' simple rules of poker!

rfg - Jed right? Yeah I remember.. pretty sure you bluffed me in a med - big pot.. might be a contributor to the reason that I decided to play QTo vs Stato_1.  Remember the hand?

You CR hu then bomb for like 40-45% of your stack.  I was fairly sure  was good.. but early on with no dynamic.. figured it wouldn't be a terrible fold..

Eso Kral - who? I now know vinnie is celtic.. but who are youuu?

I've read prose from a poshboy from the start and for me the best part about it is that its a real journey.  You can feel it from the start, the ups and downs, the +120, the -60 and then as he keeps grinding and slowly going for it...  Obv he binks the monte for monster life run good and now they've changed to +3k or -1.4k... Cheesy  The #team eureka journeys and nights out.. loving it.

Also read TBITB and enjoy that too.. and a bit of the other diaries... I guess one of the biggest challenges will actually be the writing.  I'm not a big writer, in fact I've always written how I would speak, which is supposedly incorrect english (baffles me)... or was when I was at school.  The weird thing is that now I'm in the big business of work, I've been on courses that teach me to write how I speak - its more personable... blah blah..

So tonight was a chilled drink with a few mates discussing babies (recently become a Godfather), a mate of a mate has just become a dad on fri.. another will be soon.. this sh*t is getting real! and obviously the standard men at a bar topics of work, girls, stag do's, nights out past and future and other potentially interesting subjects.  Tbh a massive part of tonight was spent discussing the film 'the other guys'

"   Gator's bitches best be wearin' jimmy's! "

The following quote kept us going for about 45mins..
Terry Hoitz       If I were a lion and you were a tuna, I would swim out into the middle of the ocean and freakin' EAT YOU! And then I'd bang your tuna girlfriend.

Allen Gamble       Okay, First off: A lion? Swimming in the ocean? Lions don't like water! If you placed it near a river, or some sort of fresh water source, that'd make sense. But you find yourself in the ocean? 20 foot waves — I'm assuming it's off the coast of South Africa — coming up against a full grown 800-pound tuna with his 20 or 30 friends? You'll lose that battle. You'll lose that battle 9 time out of 10. And guess what? You've wondered into our school of tuna, and we now have a taste for lion. We've talked to ourselves! We've communicated! And I said "You know what? Lion tastes good! Let's go get some more lion!". We've developed a system to establish a beachhead and aggressively hunt you and your family. And we will corner your pride, your children, your offspring...

Terry Hoitz       And how you gonna do that?

Allen Gamble       We will construct a series of breathing apparatus, with kelp. We'll be able to trap certain amounts of oxygen...it's not going to be days at a time. But an hour? Hour forty-five? No problem! That'll give us enough time to figure out where you live, go back to the sea, get more oxygen, and then stalk you. You just lost at your own game. You're out-gunned and out-manned. Did that go the way you thought it was gonna go? Nope.

"I'm a peacock, you've gotta let me FLY!"

A very underestimated film imo

Off to bed now, going to finish watching the highlights show from 'A league of their own' - loving bish and freddie!

No, thats not me. i was just railing the larger 1/2 game, we played a little bit on the table Alex was sat on, as well as Matt, the guy with the rather sick moustache.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2012, 09:08:14 PM »

Currently running like JEEESUZ in the 6max... don't think I've lost more than like 4 showdowns on all 6 tables in the last hour!!!

When we're ahead we're staying ahead.. and behind well we find a way to win:

Behind 1 - vs  on      ..............obv turn 
Probably bad.. (read - I know its bad, but I won so makes it ok right?)
I want to fib and make up story that I had a read or something.. or there was dynamic or something... but it would be a lie.
I 3bt pre, I had been pretty active and he snaps.. then I cbet and he quickly shoves for 200bb's.  Apparently I called quickly and then we win...
Not sure I can explain the 'feeling' I had when I saw we were behind and got there.. hated it. HATE getting it in bad when  give you a  moment.

Behind 2 - vs  on a  ................obv river 
I checked oop, he checked back then I donk the turn, expecting to be raised by any K or flopped 2p.  He clicks it, so we re-click to induce... he snap shoves and we call expecting to be ahead A LOT.. not this time >> K or T please >> oh hi dere..   

Rungood feels so nice!

Although these 'fast' tables on stars are pretty quick.. playing 6 of them gets snappy with decisions, only accidentally folded one real hand though  pre..
Flop was  .... nvm

Is anyone else playing 6max on stars? what levels?

Writing this was wayyyy too hard when playing so I gave up half way through and now I've finished, our session went pretty sweet.

115.8 mins 1091 hands +$71.01 (7bi's)

But we ran like GOD Ev adjusted $7.52!!! (mainly the two hands above..)

Running the following stats: (any tips/ advice/ comments welcome)
27.2% Vpip - thnk this is fine considering my edge in these games.. I'm looser pre but much better with the fold button post imo.
22.6% PFR - same as above, initiative in the hand often gets me the $$
7.4% 3Bet - mostly for value, some as squeezes as I'm also flatting some big hands pre to either set up a squeeze/ backraise or to trap.
Agg Fac of 1.79 - maybe a little low, but the call-y nature is because I'm trying some of "Samo's" style hand reading/ pot control/ pot stealing when post flop
(I feel there is a LOT of non showdown winnings to gain at this level by exploiting some 'standard' tendancies the players have.)
28.4% WTSD - little high?
42.3 W$SD% - obv low.. but think thats because the big pots I was winning and there were a lot of checked back rivers in small pots with SDV..

Funny thing, I've just checked where we ran good/ bad and we lost every small pot we were a favorite in and won all 3 where we were 'behind'.

Decent session overall, made some disciplined folds.. still not enough..  If anyone knows some good articles or people to talk to about HEM, I think that's going to be a massive learning curve for me (pretty certain I'm not using it well enough to help me get to my potential)

AND ALSO - HELP PLEASE
£10k+ hendon flag. - I'm not sure if I'm supposed to already have one, since I've cashed the dtd 300 last year?
this you ?

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=107714

The £150 is me, but not the other two.. plus I had a few other small results..

What can I do?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2012, 09:09:01 PM »

I will PM you the email to get the Hendon Mob details changed

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2012, 09:16:00 PM »

I will PM you the email to get the Hendon Mob details changed

Ty sir.

ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2012, 07:02:07 PM »

Lil'Dave.. I would like to vote that you list your 'top ten' simple rules of poker!

I'll give you 5

5) Don't expect anyone to do anything until you have at least SOME info on them, if you have no info on someone in a live setting just assign them "default" tendencies and try to takie optimal vacuum lines vs them (e.g. if you have a hunch they might be 4betting light, but don't have anyway to know they are capable, assume they are not capable and fold J9o ,don't call to float and rep AK etc!)

4) When you have a good hand vs >semi competant live opponents, just bet for value don't do anything fancy

3) Don't make spazzy moves without EXTREMELY good reason as often the "long term" benefit of the bluff is null and void because the same people aren't there and generic live people won't think "he's has a tendancy to bluff in 3bet pots when he's checked the turn or whatever" they'll think "he's a bluffer" and your small bluffs in different spots will get little to no respect. You can get an "aggro" repuation in live poker just by raising 1 - 2 times an orbit and c-betting a high frequency no need to run a 500bb multi-street bluff hardly ever

2) Always bet big when you can.

1) Look at the guy your playing, and ask yourself these questions, 1) Why Is Here? 2) What does he want from being here? and 3) What kind of personality does he have? This should lead you to much much better vacuum decisions and then you won't be purely guessing at people's behavioral tendencies which no offence seems to be what you're doing in every PHA post so far Cheesy

GL with the diary, I will be railing

Oh one thing you've mentioned about is how you "come across as a bit of a dick" at the table? Did I read that right? Why is it you think that? If that's the case I'd defo look to work on that as good table manner is one of the most important things to successful live play and it's completely free. 

This is brill, so much love for this post.
Can you do some more?

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2012, 10:11:18 PM »

I could, but don't wanna give all my secrets away Cheesy

Need to keep John cold 4bet/peeling when were 800bigs deep and trying to make me fold KK when an Ace flops Cheesy

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2012, 11:54:16 PM »

First thing I thought was - hmmm did I do that recently? (not if.. Cheesy)
You wait lil D.. I'll happily mix some pots up with someone of your skill, you'll definitely be good enough to fold a pair! 

So.... We've just waved off Pinchop as he came over to get some poker videos and hang out a big while we play some pokers..

Been to the gym today and feeling good.  My lil bro decided today was 'upping' day and so upped many of his weights and I upped some.  He's stronger than me now which seems weird but I guess that's what happens when you spend a year training in an MMA (mixed martial arts) gym with some seriously small and flexible sickos - they train so hard they make each other puke... actually puke!

Then off to Morrissons for some chicken and granary bread!  Feeling healthy, happy, fit and ready for the pokerz - lets win some money!

Then Pinchop arrives as I'm clearing up my rubbish, dishes, clothes and other random sitting room crap.  We get chatting and instantly start discussuing Isildur and his PLO swongs!  Then of course conversation turns to another PLO 'sicko' we've both read about and appears in blonde a fair bit... apparently he's Codys friend or something.. guess he must be ok if Cody hangs with him.  stirthepot

We finally settle on playing some 50nl hu which is a game i've not played much: 3-4k hands or so.. but I've read and watched quite a bit of hu educational stuff and use that to play post flop where I think I will adjust and hand read well enough to win a little money.
However we disagree on hu strategy right from the first hand! Cheesy  I open fold the first button and he freaks out!
John "but they dont spaz so much pre when you give them a few buttons.."
Pinchop "NO, minimum 100% buttons! then they spaz 3bt instead.. and we can win more moneys!"
John "but then we're going to get into mental pre-flop wars when a lot of people are competent pre, but terribad post.. why not work out and exploit them post flop instead?"
Pinchop "BUT THEN WE'RE NOT PLAYING FOR STACKS!!!  I'm not going to say anything.. just watch you..  "  (looks at me like I'm the worst person he's ever met, like I've lied to him about who I am or something)
John "cmon dude, we can own them post.. they're probably bad anyways.. lets fire up PTR n see what's what."

We play two different opponents, around 100 hands vs Villain1 and 140 vs Villain2 (one table at a time).  Playing pretty solid most of the time, some nice semi bluffs and a couple of 'strong lines' repping the top half of our range where our opponent is clearly capped. 

Soon Pinchop see's that they're not playing back at me well, and they're predictable in lots of spots.  We even make some 'plans' for our first 4bt, our first donk.. how we're going to play xx hand or yy hand... etc..
Then he's leaning over the back of the sofa to see clearer and I can see the $$ in his eyes as we're slowly chopping away at our villains. 
Pinchop "its working.. we're up like $40 or something right? its slow though, let me play with $50 n we'll get more quicker!"
John "no, we're running @ $70/hour... thats good! SLOW and STEADY!"
Pinchop "sigggghhhhhh.... I suppose you're right though." 

So we keep playing and really crush Villain2.. the only pot we lost to him bigger than $10 was then we peel  and see this:

Villain2 has 3bt 3% over 100 hands so we just flat..

Errrr..... BINK! - Villain has $49 and bets $23 of them.
We decide he's never folding and we can hit about 1,200,000 good cards and we're never getting him to fold.. so there is only one option - flat.

Boooooooooooooooooo........ sigh... he ships the rest and we wait 15 secs n fold. Nvm. 

Anyways, we get it back from him a few hands later when we call pre,    >> cc >>  >> cr 4x >>  >> bomb 1.25x pot..
Dude tank folds asking us if we had A2 or 67... lolz.. yup [ ] we had one of those hands.
Say "gg thanks" and he says the same.. more pls!

So we finish a tidy $94.65 up after 79.1mins - not bad for a 'loosing' micros 

Now time for a chat with my lady and then bed!

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2012, 12:39:17 AM »

So CP seemed a little prickly at first but there was a nice guy in there somewhere, definitely.  He gave me a bunch of poker vids - Galfond hu stuff, the thin red line, Samo vs Giggy, Dr Giggy, DogisHead, and a bunch more...

I miss "Giggy on the mic".

GL with the goals.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2012, 01:07:31 AM »

Giggy doesn't make vids any more? shame the guys a genius.. and so com!  I like how the Samo vs Giggy vids show the different styles that can still win.. if applied properly.

Thanks monda..

[X] Hendon flags... Cheesy
[X] Crushed 50nl hu for 250 hands

[  ] Continued

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2012, 01:29:09 AM »

Giggy doesn't make vids any more? shame the guys a genius.. and so com!  I like how the Samo vs Giggy vids show the different styles that can still win.. if applied properly.

Thanks monda..

[X] Hendon flags... Cheesy
[X] Crushed 50nl hu for 250 hands

[  ] Continued

He does I believe just I'm not playing cash anymore so not watching any videos, tempting to still watch his as he's so com.
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2012, 10:25:18 AM »

Then Pinchop arrives

THIN

Tonight, HU4ROLLZ

Be there.

Also...

''lets fire up PTR n see what's what."

50nl Bumhunter ITT
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 12:11:53 PM by Pinchop73 » Logged

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2012, 11:36:23 PM »

So todays been a really good non playing poker day..

Spent a lot of time today on blonde and some other sites looking up some stuff... some time even on Lil'D's blog.. seems like a serious degen?!

Came home and finished off the cleanin and dishes and house stuff, which actually helps my mental state when everythings all sorted and clean.
(being a guy living on his own, things can sometimes get pretty messy around here)

Then watched a 'poker friend' I know who plays and crushes 400 - 1000nl all day, every day. (nice life huh) 
I've only known him a little while but he said before Xmas that it'd be ok to sweat him sometime and talk about poker in general.  So, he was online and boom - we're only sweating 9 tables of 400 and 600nl due to him currently running -£20k EV this month.
Puts my -$50 in EV seem a little trivial.

Really nice guy, very very good at the game, weird part is it seems like a lot of the things he was doing were 'standard' (even to me) but thats because there's sooo much more going on in his head with the regs and fish he plays with and how he adjusts to their game.  He doesn't bumhunt, like a lot of em.. apparently.

Really nice to watch and talk to him, seems like a proper nice guy in general but we were talking about learning/ coaching/ full time pro and I could hear the pain in this voice from how he's 'given' the last 3 years of his life to the game in order to get where he is. (really earning those £ $ and E)

Then off to tennis for some general club play, I'm a half decent club player and the shame of the last few years is that my friends around my age group have all gotten very good, completely outstripping me! (most of them were already better anyways) 
Good part of that is they've won a lot of titles in the last few years!  Just a shame I'm not as big a part of the team as I used to be.. but 10-30weeks away a year makes training and working on fitness and my game very hard.

But played some good tennis tonight, even with it raining and snowing! 

Then home to more dishes and washing, and finally updating this so you can all find out how boring my life really is! feeling much better, happier even when I act like a grown up, take my responsibilities seriously and then make time to 'play'!!!!

So now time for some Australian Open Semi Final that I've recorded on my Sky HD (costs the earth, literally! but its sooo pretty!) and then bed.  So I'm rested enough to either put in a monster grind tommorrow night online... Or go to Luton G to try and take me some moneys from the £100 FO.. and maybe cash games..

hmmm.....

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2012, 01:36:59 AM »

Half decent first session today..

Stars

10NL
6 'fast' tables
1056 hands > 124 mins > won -$0.99 > $EV -12.21 (which is bullshit as all the aipf -EV hands were me getting it in with AA... lolz - how does that work?)

But effectively I 'bluffed' off about $25 so without those.. (but obv the ones that did work won me some NSD$$)
Think two of them were suicidal in retrospect... however 2/1000 is good imo! Cheesy  I'm not Galfond yet.

Going to start second session 2hr now and then hit DTD tomorrow and WIN the Super50. easy moneyz. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: