blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:40:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 476227 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2012, 11:50:49 PM »

So we played pretty much every dtd sat tonight and pretty much bricked them all.. Couple of 2nds for some euros..

But we lost a LOT of 70/30's or crucial flips late on..
AJ vs A3.. - 329 10 10 (Had a flush redraw)
AQ vs QJ.. - J87 9 10
A2 goes all in for 3bb's, 7bb's reshoves with AKo, we reshove for 25bb's AKs and 88 decides to come along for 10bb's... (Joker!!!)
78 vs 67... xx6 x x.

The list goes on. Obv our shoving and calling ranges were good, just need a little bit of nice variance. Nvm.

Going to keep grinding them this wk to get my seat for Saturday. The dtd deepstacks are a bit part of my live plans for this year, any satellite tips welcome...

Getting an 'early' night tonight with my lady, night grinders.. Get a W. Tongue

Dont call a 5 bet pre with j3o cos the guy has a sn which suggests he's tight but you know this is a facade and actually realise he's loose so you double float flop and turn oop and then 4 bet jam river after he min raises you with what you can only conclude is air when in fact he has quads

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2012, 12:38:25 AM »

i have been reading ur post and found out ur stoties r far to long!!!

BTW r u the guy that snap call alin with A 10 on a 7 8 9 rainbow board for ur tourney life?

if that is u , u r pretty bad.

if not i will carry on reading.

( remember if that was u, i wouldnt read this post again )

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2012, 07:59:51 PM »

G2L - love the post.. clearly a fan of my ways! I gota admit i hope i can run like you when i do make such plays..

Brighton UKIPT
G2L has  Two Diamonds 
Super nit has 

Flop
  two hearts

I believe G2L check raised all in.. (but this might be incorrect) Either way all goes in with the Supernit calling it off and seeing he's in great shape to double up to a 60bb+ stack (might be as much as 100bb)

Turn

River
 Two Clubs
Think this counts as a boom.. and boosts his stack to a monster, might have even been top 3 in chips after this.
(Must be nice sir.... I was watching as you GIveryQ.  Hehe...  Cheesy)

And Chippyman... No I wasn't the A10... I would have check raised all in, not bet - called.  Cheesy
I was the one who went out 6th and then they all chopped it for £1380... as i collected my £402.. lol

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2012, 08:02:56 PM »

Still playing EVERY sat on dtd's site and constantly bricking it all... had a few 'standard' spots where we've gotten lucky.. (calling all in with  when we have 3bb's) but keep getting down to the end and getting screwed so close..

Gota get the volume in so these 60-80%'s start to iron out...

breathe...

count to 10... then back...

then sigh @ poker.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2012, 08:22:12 PM »

G2L - love the post.. clearly a fan of my ways! I gota admit i hope i can run like you when i do make such plays..

Brighton UKIPT
G2L has  Two Diamonds 
Super nit has 

Flop
  two hearts

I believe G2L check raised all in.. (but this might be incorrect) Either way all goes in with the Supernit calling it off and seeing he's in great shape to double up to a 60bb+ stack (might be as much as 100bb)

Turn

River
 Two Clubs
Think this counts as a boom.. and boosts his stack to a monster, might have even been top 3 in chips after this.
(Must be nice sir.... I was watching as you GIveryQ.  Hehe...  Cheesy)

And Chippyman... No I wasn't the A10... I would have check raised all in, not bet - called.  Cheesy
I was the one who went out 6th and then they all chopped it for £1380... as i collected my £402.. lol

Love this hand. It's in my diary somewhere with some sort of reasoning behind it Wink

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
shipitonetime

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2012, 09:04:32 PM »

Move up to where they respect your raises imo.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2012, 12:20:29 AM »

Move up to where they respect your raises imo.

Lol, or I could just buy in direct to the nightly £100 rebuy satellite for the dtd500 seat and bink 1st.... Cheesy

So we have a seat.. it might have cost us like £350 - shoulda just bought in direct instead of hitting the £4's and £20's...

So once we bink the dtd500 I'll update the bankroll, might talk to zerofive as i want to post graphs like he does, looks cool.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2012, 03:42:46 AM »

as far as im aware optimal satelite strategy is hevily focused on chip preservation and ICM.

basically dont spew ever, anywhere at any point in any satelite, don't float a flop ever, dont bluff even in spots you think it will work a lot and e really +EV, dont put yourself in spots to make thin calls, dont make thin calls when you're there and remember the objective is NOT to win all the chips.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2012, 08:25:58 AM »

as far as im aware optimal satelite strategy is hevily focused on chip preservation and ICM.

basically dont spew ever, anywhere at any point in any satelite, don't float a flop ever, dont bluff even in spots you think it will work a lot and e really +EV, dont put yourself in spots to make thin calls, dont make thin calls when you're there and remember the objective is NOT to win all the chips.

Wouldn't presume to disagree, but I find that running really really good in the mid-stages helps. Win flips from whichever side you start. Get lots of pairs, flop sets and quads and flushes.

Then don't spew them off.

I gather from your post elsewhere that you binked a seat last night?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2012, 10:32:25 AM »

love this post so many people play sats like a comp

Just read this diary and enjoyed it

Good luck
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:37:56 AM by littlemissC » Logged
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2012, 07:02:30 PM »

Thanks Carla,
I'm sure you're one of the people able to mention whether you think there is a difference in my table presence from when you first met me?? Positives, criticisms and anything else?

I looked up satellites a while ago and found an article on the Poker Farm's website that basically explained you're supposed to never call, just push and rely on fold exquity and poor calling ranges.  Its working for me so far.. although I find I'm able to abuse the bubble period better than most, but I think a lot of this is due to me very rarely having less than 10bb's as I start shoving pretty wide at 7bb's so I'm never there grinding a 2bb stack unless I've just gotten unlucky.

As part of my 2012 development goals..
[X] Joined a tournament specific educational site - tournament poker edge
[ ] Joined a cash game specifc educational site - deuces cracked (doing now)
[X] Playing satellites to get into £300+ events.. inc dtd, ukipt, genting, gukpt, and maybe EPT/ WSOP events.. (ongoing)

We're playing the dtd500 sats tonight again because they're soft and worth E678, definitely worth a punt! Cheesy
currently:
0/3 on £20's - came 3rd to a flip
0/2 on £4's -
still playing my grand prix sat, think im 3/18 or something

gl me.

Quick random life question as my new audience -
(Mainly for those of you in relationships who don't live together)

When you want to talk to your partner in life (gf, bf, other) do you pick specific times to talk?
i.e. I'll speak to you later.... yeah sure, what time?
or I'll call you later.... yeah sure..

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2012, 07:31:29 PM »

[X] Got my first Grand Prix seat
[X] Run bad in dtd500 feeder to satellite - friend accidentally called all in to 'protect me' not realising that he covered me and i didnt need the protection.... and won the hand.
[X] Run good in dtd 500 feeder satellite - had  twice aipf both times vs AA and QQ... made at least one  both times...
[ ] Actually got my seat into the evenings feeder yet.. - more rungood please!

[ ] Second seat to dtd500 that will be immediately cashed out for 678 Euros
cmon, lets freeroll the week and weekend.

Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2012, 07:31:48 PM »

Are you tennisnut on dtd? If so well done on ya GP seat...  thumbs up

Satellite King
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2012, 07:54:27 PM »

Are you tennisnut on dtd? If so well done on ya GP seat...  thumbs up

might be....

The rungoods are with us in a row finally!
dtd500 mega sat (into the actual sat)

we shove utg with        (7/8bb's... bad???)

bb wakes up with    - errrrrr we've got 30% i think?!                         (where is an interrobang when you need one)

flop
            oh hello dere..

turn

river
        - aaaahhhhhhh.... thats better!

So we're in tonights 9pm ubersat... and with just a little bit of rungood, we should be able to get another seat. 

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2012, 10:16:57 PM »

So we just bust the dtd500 satellite, made a stupid mistake.... thought this kind of thing was gone from my game. - siggghhhh

DTD500 sat
Stack around 9.5k @ 75/150
utg limps 150, btn calls, sb calls and we are in the bb and check  three clubs

flop
 Two Clubs - obv we're not folding this flop, but i dont want to play this draw aggssively, this time.

sb checks, we check, utg bets 600, btn folds, sb folds, we call.

pot (1800)
turn

we check, utg checks

pot (1800)
river

we check, he bets 800 and we decide to go for a really small raise to 1950, maybe even to induce a bluff shove from  .

I'm like 90% sure we should bet fold this river.. but for some reason when he shoves, we press the call button and get shown  .
I really dont know why I called.. obv we should be behind.. but I called.  Really disappointed in myself.

still in the dtd150 sat with 2 seats up top and £135 for 3rd.. and we just got a double up when we bet/3b shove river with the nuts and get called by tpnk on a  board.... WTF! this is what they do, no joke - called by  . (we even raised pre bbvsb)

one more seat tonight please! Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: