blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 476228 times)
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2012, 09:00:18 PM »

LOL

of course i'm solid..u seen the size of my shoulders ?

lol at less than optimal..i suppose that means trying early to twice bluff live players off 1 pair hands? [X] Guilty.

I suppose telling the bloke his got AK who then  still calls , laying QQ on a J high dry board and then getting some knob limp with 6 4 and call off a 10bb shove is playing less than optimal then i'm pretty guilty Smiley

Dean, fyp.

I mean no offence fella, I've seen you at DTD before - playing in cash games other than he 50/1 and told you were 'ok'.. but I go with stereotyped assumptions until shown otherwise.. as they're often close.  And yeah, bluffing live players off 1 pair - doesn't work too often, no matter the board! (I'm still learning this).

WotR - Thanks for reading..

and thanks to everyone who has read this diary! Its a marathon I know! I think I'll only do longer posts like this for the bigger comps I play this year.  I'll try and condense it down next time.

Tonights first session, yes there will be two!
It's a bit misleading as I ran pretty goldhuis like in some 3bt pots with suited connectors! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

84.9 minutes
513 hands - played a few dtd sats at same time, bust 1 early and lost one hu to Sunny Mistri and bubbled the 3rd! (all races - sigggh)
Won -                   $60.02
Ev adjusted -         $69.94
VPIP                     27.9%
PFR                      23.3%
3bt                       9.9%
Agg Fct                2.09
WTSD%               36.7% (this is showing that I ran pretty good with runouts)
W$SD%               51.5%

We broke through another $10 bonus and also hit some VPP target, but still need a few more to retain Silver status for this month.. would like to get to Gold.. but we'll see.

Played pretty nice and managed most of our money in pots where our suited connectors made good hands vs gd one pair hands.. flopped a bunch of sets but couldnt get too much money in.. Funny really, it starts to hit home how good the odds need to be to setmine, since it really is hard to get paid off online.  They need tp or better!

Made one insane move.. when someone had the nut flush and bet, bet, checked... we tried to rep his hand... sigh!
gg to that $12..   STOP THIS!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2012, 10:47:51 PM »

please please please quit with the essays I just cant do it.

I just can't

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2012, 11:33:56 PM »

I just can't

What does everyone think the best size post is?
(fwiw Lil'd.. I've read your whole blog in the last wk)

Right, second session.... not so great.
We played a couple more dtd sat's - direct ones this time, not "mini's".

We bust all 3 outside of the money in spectacular style...
DTD150 sat -
Didnt play any hands until push/ fold stage then played 2 hands: QQ and AA.. doubled up both times and then get played back at when we are at it.. and 3bt MP1... hero then crain on 1088 flop - ridiculous.  He should've 4bt aipf or folded.. defo not peeled A10!

DTD 6max Sat -
Can't remember exactly...  think our  got bust by  or something equally insane on a  three diamonds board.

DTD500 Sat -
Same as 150, played uber solid.. only ever having best hand till later ofc when we up the aggy a bit!  Then we get check-call hero'd by the CL 4 handed with  on

-  WTF???

It was going to cost him 26k from his 80k to call and would lose him his massive CL if he's wrong.  I'd not bluffed in 1 pot vs him and always had it.  Then he justified the call by saying "I can't see what you triple on that board..."

I know what he means but I can easily just 'have it' when I'm risking my stack as well and the other two are short...  etc....
Surely on the river its an ICM fold from him no matter what? - we would both have 85K and the other two guys 30k.

Cash Session

72.9 minutes
405 hands - played a few dtd sats at same time, more bubbles!
Lost -                   -$35.02
Ev adjusted -        -$32.87
VPIP                     26.0%
PFR                      20.3%
3bt                       7.7%
Agg Fct                1.74
WTSD%               40.0% (this is insanely high.. could not seem to get to showdown with the best hand.. ever!)
W$SD%               32.1%

Oh and we played a $28 UKIPT Galway super sat into the nightly $109.. we got to last 4 (2 seats and 1 $$ prize..) then we lost AKs vs 94o aipf..... Siggghhhhhh.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2012, 10:31:12 AM »

I just can't

What does everyone think the best size post is?

tilt the bold is enough, do not ever ever bold and underline again!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2012, 10:35:53 AM »

Wow you're indepth. Can't help thinking the time you spend writing all this stuff out would be better spent studying/watching training videos etc.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2012, 03:41:32 PM »

Wow you're indepth. Can't help thinking the time you spend writing all this stuff out would be better spent studying/watching training videos etc.

This is studying.. I go back over my posts every few days to look at my thought processes, my shame.. and my victories..

This is as much for me to go over, and remember as it is putting myself 'out there' for judgement/ advice/ criticism.

I agree with your comments Pleno about the bankroll assimilation, however I think at the moment.. for me I still need to grind 20-30k hands minimum just to keep 'imprinting' and reinforcing the simple disciplines that others seem to find so easy!  I'm pretty sure that I could beat 25NL and faily sure I could be a small winner at 50NL already.. but I'm certain I will be able to beat them once I 'grind my way' up there.  (its also the only way to get any kind of staking deal... people need XX,000's hands.)

Discipline and grinding my way up is a skill, and I haven't yet learned it.  I'm definitely +ev live.. and the more disciplined I get and the more controlled and properly applied my aggression is the more prepared I'll be for the 200, 400, 600 and 1KNL live games when I am rolled for them.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2012, 06:48:02 PM »

Online Cash Session

128.4 minutes
1100 hands - made sure I had music on so I could focus.
Won -                   $38.22
Ev adjusted -        -$1.10 (only bad one was AA vs 64 on 866ss when he'd 3bt SB preflop...  obv turn an A tyty)
I don't understand this properly yet - AK vs 99 aipf (hit A), QQ vs 55 aipf, 910ss vs 77 on K37sss and 45ss vs A9 on A2Ass..
Any help you guys can give to help me understand this would be appreciated.

VPIP                     28.6%
PFR                      24.0%
3bt                       7.6%
Agg Fct                3.48    (much higher than normal, a lot of check-raising flops n rivers..)
WTSD%               27.8% (this is much better, well done John!!!!!)
W$SD%               52.7%

Still making a couple of mistakes, one of the bigger one's being not reacting properly to prefop tendancies at my level!  Biggest ones being small 3/4bt's with uber premiums.. I try to not peel inpos too much when people have a low 3bt (not the correct way to exploit them) but its sooo tempting.. esp when I have  or  etc...

Live Pokerz
I've decided to not play the Luton £100fo and instead operate slightly better BRM and play the Northampton Aspers £50fo w/£1/1 cash game after.  I'm easily one of the best players in both and just need to keep my discipline going, and exploit the tendancies of both the live low level tournament players and the cash game players (reg and fish alike).
Mini report to follow before I go to bed tonight.

Life
Can't wait for tomorrow, I'm going to the Christening rehersal of my newly born Goddaughter! (sunday is the real thing) This is really big for me, being involved and responsible for another human is a scary thing.  I'm not religious in the slightest and don't want to voice my views online as they're probably going to offend but needless to say this weekend will likely be one I won't forget any time soon.

stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2012, 02:12:53 AM »

Did u really write 5 paragraphs (including a series of bullet points) about your thought process when you've got 16bigs with Kings and it's gone raise 3-bet in front of you?!

Also, lol at the Tom High BRM Masterclass
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2012, 05:21:07 AM »

Did u really write 5 paragraphs (including a series of bullet points) about your thought process when you've got 16bigs with Kings and it's gone raise 3-bet in front of you?!

Guess it sounds silly when you put it like that.. but I wrote about the 'big' hands in my tournament.. and that was an annoying spot where I'm monstrously unbalanced and the villain should be able to get away from 90% of his hands..
Thanks for reading though Andy, any other comments more than welcome???

This isn't too long a post, mainly just one hand which is probably just stupid spew...
Live Pokerz
SIGH @ Live Pokerz!!!

We played a little silly at the start, got out hands burnt and then reminded ourself we don't need to do anything but value-bet well and make sensible folds.

1. We lose a decent sized pot when our gets outhoused by  on  ............. we bet fold a  river after a speech from him.

2. We lose when our  runs into  on    ... only called river £15 into £120 because I'm a fish who wanted to see, should have folded.

3. We transfer tables and play uber nitty, taking a better seat (pos on weak players) when it comes up then play like a nit until we get  and flat a 3bt pre flop, comes  high and we a double up vs  . Cheesy

4. Our next  gets outdrawn by  of Suni Mistri.

Then we're playing pretty solid and snug until this happens.
£1/1
limp, limp, in CO we make it £10 with  , BTN calls, Suni M SB calls, call, call.

Pot (£51) £420 effective
Flop

Checks to us, we bet £32, fold, Suni calls, fold, fold, fold.

Suni can have anything here.. he doesn't like folding pairs, but he's going to give our Cbet a lot of credit and I'd expect him to reraise with a set/ combo draw here and expect us to have an overpair often.  Its just going to be too easy for us to checkback a turn card.

Pot (£111)
Turn

No reason to slow down yet, he's going to struggle with his one pair hands when we barrell this and as above he shouldn't have many monsters without turning them.

Suni checks, we bet £55, Suni raises to £160..... Hmmmm... strange!

I don't like this as I don't think he will be bluffing in this spot very often, however its not impossible (that turn card gives him soooo many pair + fddraw +straight draw hands).  I really like his sizing, he has me covered and I now only have like £260 left-ish.  I guess I could/ should fold here and that calling is pretty shoddy however I thought if I do, because he's obviously setting up a river shove.... IF I'm flatting, knowing he is setting it up then my range becomes a lot stronger than if i 3bt this turn & 3bting it is pretty shocking.

I think in retro-spect that I should have just folded the turn but at the time I was thinking that because there are two flush draws and he doesn't know which, if either are safe to bomb on.. that it might stop him shoving a  two spades or  Two Diamonds river with air.

Pot (£431)
River

Pretty perfect river brick obviously... Suni picks up his chips like a special boy and somehow they fall all over the place as they go across the line.
£25's go backwards, and the £5's go in but everywhere... IMO only £40 drops in the first instance and I'm not certain but he doesn't seem chuffed about it.  After the whole table tell me "he tried to put them all in" and I remind them, "yes, he tried but thats not what actually happened".  Eventually the cardroom manager comes back after a camera check and tells me in his opinion the "All in" stands... SIGH!

I now run the hand back in my head... its such a 'nutty' line.. and I know he doesn't have a fold button pre so he can have ANYTHING!!  that includes all the  type hands that turned oesd + fd combo!  In which case vs all these diamond or spade combo draws my K high is good.
(I appreciate this seems crazy to most, but Suni and I have played a lot of pots together and I really dont think he always has to have it here)

After all this, I remind myself that in actual fact I haven't seen him turn up in £500+ pots for a long time without 'it'.  And fold.

Maybe everyone just thinks this is ridiculous spew, especially when the table clearly didn't notice how tight I was pre and kept paying me off despite only ever showing premiums.  I'm not sure this hand 'tilted' me but a few hands later I make a move from the SB on a  board where I check shove the turn with  because the OR in the hand is a weak overly aggressive chinese player without a fold button and that AK high can actually be a head vs him a lot....  He sigh calls with  - FML!
GG £400.

I then still decide to reload for my last £100 for a 'spin up' and gg that when all my premiums either miss or run out on sick boards.. and end up straddle-shoving  two spades to only get snapped off by  . GG John, wp.

Either way, GG to £500 and are effectively not playing live again until we earn it!!!  I'm going to use the DTD online money to 'win' satellites and after we win our entry any after that can be 'cashed'... so here we come £550/ time!

PeeJay

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2012, 06:00:25 AM »

If you say that Sunny knows that your range for cbetting into a number of players has to be pretty strong and he'd expect you to show up with an overpaid here often then he's probably not gonna go bananas and try making you fold such a strong range that often. It's a fold imo because f that fact the you've said Sunny can have any two and the fact it just "looks" like you have an over pair. He was probably annoyed at the fact his all in bet on the river may have only stood as £40 when he wants you to pay him the lot! Deffo can't really justify calling the river with K high that often without soul reads so seems a pretty trivial fold. No need to get the cape out and hero people off on ridiculaous spots!
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2012, 06:15:51 AM »

If you say that Sunny knows that your range for cbetting into a number of players has to be pretty strong and he'd expect you to show up with an overpaid here often then he's probably not gonna go bananas and try making you fold such a strong range that often. It's a fold imo because f that fact the you've said Sunny can have any two and the fact it just "looks" like you have an over pair. He was probably annoyed at the fact his all in bet on the river may have only stood as £40 when he wants you to pay him the lot! Deffo can't really justify calling the river with K high that often without soul reads so seems a pretty trivial fold. No need to get the cape out and hero people off on ridiculaous spots!

Disregard that. Be a hero.
PeeJay

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2012, 06:26:06 AM »

Don't listen to Sean, he isn't that clever. I saw him hero Tom High earlier for £600 effective with 5 high. Wasn't good of course, he flopped the nuts...
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2012, 07:26:58 AM »

Disregard that. Be a hero.

This kind of thinking is what wins bracelets! Cheesy

So we played a little online session to still prove we can win at poker.

[ ] We won.

Online Cash Session

103.5 minutes
932 hands -
Lost -                   -$0.48
Ev adjusted -       +$3.92
VPIP                     28.0%
PFR                      22.1%
3bt                       9.5%
Agg Fct                1.51
WTSD%               36.2% (bit high)
W$SD%               46.9%

Made a few spazzy bluffs and one annoying one where someone is only repping a set, and face up.. but we decide to shove and properly rep the set.
[ ] We had a set
[X] He had a set
[ ] We had outs
[ ] We won
[ ] Felt big and clever afterwards
[X] Still a spazzz

I think I need to spend the next few hours 'playing' by actually going through my weeks hand histories, trying to see what and where I'm playing well and what's not working and what I need to curb.
Is it particular board textures?
Particular positions?
etc etc..

Also, I decided to unlock 3x $10 rewards for FPP achievements.. so actually +$30! Cheesy

Stars roll @ $428.31

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2012, 07:44:03 AM »

Live Pokeys is all about realising who thinks. The majority of people do not.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2012, 01:13:56 PM »

Guess it sounds silly when you put it like that.. but I wrote about the 'big' hands in my tournament.. and that was an annoying spot where I'm monstrously unbalanced and the villain should be able to get away from 90% of his hands..
Thanks for reading though Andy, any other comments more than welcome???

This isn't too long a post, mainly just one hand which is probably just stupid spew...
Live Pokerz
SIGH @ Live Pokerz!!!

We played a little silly at the start, got out hands burnt and then reminded ourself we don't need to do anything but value-bet well and make sensible folds.

1. We lose a decent sized pot when our gets outhoused by  on  ............. we bet fold a  river after a speech from him.

2. We lose when our  runs into  on    ... only called river £15 into £120 because I'm a fish who wanted to see, should have folded.

3. We transfer tables and play uber nitty, taking a better seat (pos on weak players) when it comes up then play like a nit until we get  and flat a 3bt pre flop, comes  high and we a double up vs  . Cheesy

4. Our next  gets outdrawn by  of Suni Mistri.

Then we're playing pretty solid and snug until this happens.
£1/1
limp, limp, in CO we make it £10 with  , BTN calls, Suni M SB calls, call, call.

Pot (£51) £420 effective
Flop

Checks to us, we bet £32, fold, Suni calls, fold, fold, fold.

Suni can have anything here.. he doesn't like folding pairs, but he's going to give our Cbet a lot of credit and I'd expect him to reraise with a set/ combo draw here and expect us to have an overpair often.  Its just going to be too easy for us to checkback a turn card.

Pot (£111)
Turn

No reason to slow down yet, he's going to struggle with his one pair hands when we barrell this and as above he shouldn't have many monsters without turning them.

Suni checks, we bet £55, Suni raises to £160..... Hmmmm... strange!

I don't like this as I don't think he will be bluffing in this spot very often, however its not impossible (that turn card gives him soooo many pair + fddraw +straight draw hands).  I really like his sizing, he has me covered and I now only have like £260 left-ish.  I guess I could/ should fold here and that calling is pretty shoddy however I thought if I do, because he's obviously setting up a river shove.... IF I'm flatting, knowing he is setting it up then my range becomes a lot stronger than if i 3bt this turn & 3bting it is pretty shocking.

I think in retro-spect that I should have just folded the turn but at the time I was thinking that because there are two flush draws and he doesn't know which, if either are safe to bomb on.. that it might stop him shoving a  two spades or  Two Diamonds river with air.

Pot (£431)
River

Pretty perfect river brick obviously... Suni picks up his chips like a special boy and somehow they fall all over the place as they go across the line.
£25's go backwards, and the £5's go in but everywhere... IMO only £40 drops in the first instance and I'm not certain but he doesn't seem chuffed about it.  After the whole table tell me "he tried to put them all in" and I remind them, "yes, he tried but thats not what actually happened".  Eventually the cardroom manager comes back after a camera check and tells me in his opinion the "All in" stands... SIGH!

I now run the hand back in my head... its such a 'nutty' line.. and I know he doesn't have a fold button pre so he can have ANYTHING!!  that includes all the  type hands that turned oesd + fd combo!  In which case vs all these diamond or spade combo draws my K high is good.
(I appreciate this seems crazy to most, but Suni and I have played a lot of pots together and I really dont think he always has to have it here)

After all this, I remind myself that in actual fact I haven't seen him turn up in £500+ pots for a long time without 'it'.  And fold.

Maybe everyone just thinks this is ridiculous spew, especially when the table clearly didn't notice how tight I was pre and kept paying me off despite only ever showing premiums.  I'm not sure this hand 'tilted' me but a few hands later I make a move from the SB on a  board where I check shove the turn with  because the OR in the hand is a weak overly aggressive chinese player without a fold button and that AK high can actually be a head vs him a lot....  He sigh calls with  - FML!
GG £400.

I then still decide to reload for my last £100 for a 'spin up' and gg that when all my premiums either miss or run out on sick boards.. and end up straddle-shoving  two spades to only get snapped off by  . GG John, wp.

Either way, GG to £500 and are effectively not playing live again until we earn it!!!  I'm going to use the DTD online money to 'win' satellites and after we win our entry any after that can be 'cashed'... so here we come £550/ time!

If Sunny doesn't like folding pairs then its a pretty bad turn to barrel cos if he had some sort of gutshot or open ender hes now got one, and if he had a weakish pair hand hes now got a gutshot/straight draw as insurance.

Triple barrelling here is ok i suppose, but once raised u gotta fold. You're massively overthinking the spot. When your saying "it looks like hes setting up a river shove, so if i flat then it looks strong", you should just be thinking: "It looks like hes setting up a river shove, which means he's going to probably shove the river, and I'm going to have King High most of the time"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: