blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:52:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 478972 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: April 14, 2012, 10:36:24 AM »

Yes mate and you look exactly how i thought you would.... a super genius who's dressed by his mom and probably has a 3fig IQ with a 2 at the start, but I question you're ability to make beans on toast! pics or it didn't happen!
(would love to pic your brains sometime about basic beginnings in the O-game as i'd like to enter at the lowest stakes... but obv need to learn to play Holdem properly first.)

sigh at being dressed by my mum lol

Sure. Add me on skype (same name as here), cos you called me a genius and pricked my ego I'm going to read all your hands and I guess it'll take me about 3 hours lol

Never made beans on toast, not a big fan, feel like I could give it a spin though - I made a pie once though!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 14, 2012, 11:20:11 AM »

Hand 1 - TT.

Seems Stnd-ish, chk/call also decent option but you protect your equity better by betting plus you do get a decent amount of value. Would defo consider folding to the flop raise if you're not going to consider bluffing hearts sometimes though. He should 100% bet the turn so you get off lightly there

Hand 3 - KJo

I'd be all for the call if you were suitttted as you say IP with deepish SPR etc as it goes though people just dont go around cold-4-betting light all that much in live comps, and the small raises always wreak strength to me.

Hand 4 - AK

Seems like you played it well and have a good grasp of what was going on. Would be interesting to hear what your line is if
a) Kevin chks the flop back
b) Kevin bets the flop and checks the turn
c) if the river bricked and he bet huge
d) if he overbet the river on this card

Hand 5 - AQ

Again, can't fault your play at all. personally i'd 3bet preflop generically in this tournament and I'd also raise the flop purely because he's bet so small and the board is pretty wet and i know whenever I raise a wet flop everyone always puts me on a flushdraw lol. As it happens you played it great because he'll very likely put you on a missed draw because you just called on such a wet board, so wpwpwp imo nice hand

Hand 6 - KK

nice hand again I think, you know you're burning the chips when you call but w/e not much money, people who take ages to turn their cards over when you call is really tilting. Chinese are bad for this (except you ofc paul ho Cheesy )

Hand 7 - AA

Nice hand again. You didn't say what the raise sizes were, I hope you made it really big Smiley he must have had QQ ?

Hand 8 - 99

I would defo consider value raising the river here. 75 is EXTREMELY unlikely given the action but he could have T7 feesibly enough, this being said thouogh he has loads of two pairs etc that people get stubborn with and won't fold. I feel like he'd check T7 some% given your image and how much people love to trap also. I think making it about 2.5x his bet here is the way forward (he would have folded for sure here but he isn't folding 44 or 68/69)

Hand 9 - 35

i think his range is entirely mid pairs (such a wonderful flop) so i'd make a small raise on the flop before T/J/Q/K/A hits the turn/river we wanna get as much in as possible. There is no way he's folding to your flop raise none whatsoever so i'd not be worried about geting value from his bluffs as he is literally never bluffing imo, Also I don't think he EVER has a KING unless it's AK (possible sure) in which case he'll 100% bet the river again so I really see no need to raise the turn when a big chunk of his range is going to have a way harder time calling here than he would on the flop.

Hand 10 - AK

Like this hand. Obv bet/calling the flop is stnd but this is under the assumption that no1 in their right minds is bet/folding the turn from this stack size in a live tournament, so wp for figuring that out. Don't chk this flop as a default though!

Hand 11 - I'd 100% raise the flop but as it happens you'd make him fold here lol. Also DEFO DEFO DEFO lead the river, his calling range when you ship is pretty similar to the range that jams for value, the only difference is that he checks back the weaker parts of his range (AJ maybe QQ/KK/AA also) so all we do by not jamming the river is to lose value vs the weakest part of his range, I don't think he gets to the river with air that he's piling often enough to make it a concern either.

Hand 12 - 97

Fold pre ofc (or 3bet) but I would peel here sometimes cos i'm a spacky cash player lol. you playing it good down the streets though *thumbsup*

HAnd 13 - AQ

UL, you weren't worried he had AK - I've seen people show up with AK here live before. Either way it's a dreadful play from him and you've made what seems like a decent call - I'd expect him to have pairs a lot not sure why you think he wont, but anyways very very unlucky.

Sigh at the KK vs A7 hand Sad

Sounds like you played a good, composed game without too much ego and FPS. You got unlucky at the crunch time which is impossible to over-some in poker tournaments I'm afraid. Sure you'll do great next time Smiley

gl

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 14, 2012, 01:25:16 PM »

wtf??? Why the hell did you raise quads on the nut worst card to do it.

As discussed, the 97 can never ever be justified and is bad, but think you know this deep down.

The 44 is something i used to do too much, online it may be a calll, but these dinasours, are never 38 bluff jamming.

I think the wotst of the hands is ak on kxxsss, why do i jam the turn? You take all the air out of his range and vs his value and calling range were not actually in gd shape.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 14, 2012, 03:29:26 PM »

The diaries an interesting read ,however the name calling seems very immature and annoying ,same as with sean s diary
Appreciated, I DO try to do it less... however when I'm trying to reference to a player its tough to not have some kind of 'label'  instead of Chinese fish should I call him the Chinese recreational player with sunglasses?  That's why the CF was used afterwards... I think if I gave people player numbers it might be hard to keep track.

Do you make notes on your phone or something or do you have some sort of super memory - love these trip reports btw!

Just memory mate, most of the hands are really memorable that evening.. then I made notes that eve... as the hands and the runouts spark all the 'side' info that I had at the time.
Gotta care if you're going to make notes and improve.
Yes mate and you look exactly how i thought you would.... a super genius who's dressed by his mom and probably has a 3fig IQ with a 2 at the start, but I question you're ability to make beans on toast! pics or it didn't happen!
(would love to pic your brains sometime about basic beginnings in the O-game as i'd like to enter at the lowest stakes... but obv need to learn to play Holdem properly first.)

sigh at being dressed by my mum lol

Sure. Add me on skype (same name as here), cos you called me a genius and pricked my ego I'm going to read all your hands and I guess it'll take me about 3 hours lol

Never made beans on toast, not a big fan, feel like I could give it a spin though - I made a pie once though!

Will do, thanks for the comments, going to go through them... I did make some small mistakes for sure... but most of them enabled me to not get to showdown... which is good imo because I've seen 'recreational players' have trouble reacting properly to aggression when they haven't seen your hands shown down.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 14, 2012, 04:19:33 PM »

Hand 1 - TT.

Seems Stnd-ish, chk/call also decent option but you protect your equity better by betting plus you do get a decent amount of value. Would defo consider folding to the flop raise if you're not going to consider bluffing hearts sometimes though. He should 100% bet the turn so you get off lightly there
Completely agree, should have folded to the flop raise vs this villain and I know this, but I have an overpair and its only an hour in.... could always hit the offsuit T on the turn right? Cheesy Will be folding here in future..

Hand 3 - KJo

I'd be all for the call if you were suitttted as you say IP with deepish SPR etc as it goes though people just dont go around cold-4-betting light all that much in live comps, and the small raises always wreak strength to me.
Turns out he had AQo and just thought I was 'at it'.. you're right about small raises oop... they've been the nuts most of the time I've seen a showdown...

Hand 4 - AK

Seems like you played it well and have a good grasp of what was going on. Would be interesting to hear what your line is if
a) Kevin chks the flop back
b) Kevin bets the flop and checks the turn
c) if the river bricked and he bet huge
d) if he overbet the river on this card
Vs this villain I'm going to call almost any river bet when he bet bet bet's as its so hard to have a value hand that includes a J or isn't afraid I have a J.. I think later in the day, I would expect him to value bet 2p here... but I like super thin value bets myself and as pleno says - most of the time I'm just cutting myself.  If he bet, check, bets then I'd hate it more.. but probably still call one time... I have tptk and I've played it tricky.... my fault + pot or bet couldn't be that big when playing it like this.

Hand 5 - AQ

Again, can't fault your play at all. personally i'd 3bet preflop generically in this tournament and I'd also raise the flop purely because he's bet so small and the board is pretty wet and i know whenever I raise a wet flop everyone always puts me on a flushdraw lol. As it happens you played it great because he'll very likely put you on a missed draw because you just called on such a wet board, so wpwpwp imo nice hand
I like this a lot, esp with the previous cold 4bt and 4min stare down... I know he's going to assume I'm FOS here too much and snap with one pair... when I find out he had 2p and a legitimate way to win the hand then I was glad I'd just call, called as it allowed me to still have the nuts before putting the raise in.

Hand 6 - KK

nice hand again I think, you know you're burning the chips when you call but w/e not much money, people who take ages to turn their cards over when you call is really tilting. Chinese are bad for this (except you ofc paul ho Cheesy )
Yer, this was the only classless point in the day, I felt like such a tool after the hand.. but it SUPER DUPER tilts me when I snap call a river bet to then wait 10 full seconds to see their hand....
I get retarded responses like "I didn't realise you'd called, there weren't any chips in.."
What did you think "CALL" meant? - sigh. - working on this...

Hand 7 - AA

Nice hand again. You didn't say what the raise sizes were, I hope you made it really big Smiley he must have had QQ ?
He limped for 400 I made it 1200, flat from shortie, he makes it 3600 and I make it 7200... shortie ALLin and he flats from 29Kish..  I got a mini-rubdown from Marc Goodwin after as he said he knew my hand but not the suits and how I wouldn't be able to get him like that... I merely retorted that if he thought I'd 4bt him pre, he was crazy...

Hand 8 - 99

I would defo consider value raising the river here. 75 is EXTREMELY unlikely given the action but he could have T7 feesibly enough, this being said thouogh he has loads of two pairs etc that people get stubborn with and won't fold. I feel like he'd check T7 some% given your image and how much people love to trap also. I think making it about 2.5x his bet here is the way forward (he would have folded for sure here but he isn't folding 44 or 68/69)
I wanted to sooooooo bad, but felt that I didn't want to risk that 1/100 time the CF spazzes and shoves his top2pair.... or something.. I'd rather just call, humiliate him again just before the break and chip up.  I did consider a minraise/call but it might be owning myself too much... betting small on rivers to induce spazzy raises is going to be part or things I include into my game.

Hand 9 - 35

i think his range is entirely mid pairs (such a wonderful flop) so i'd make a small raise on the flop before T/J/Q/K/A hits the turn/river we wanna get as much in as possible. There is no way he's folding to your flop raise none whatsoever so i'd not be worried about geting value from his bluffs as he is literally never bluffing imo, Also I don't think he EVER has a KING unless it's AK (possible sure) in which case he'll 100% bet the river again so I really see no need to raise the turn when a big chunk of his range is going to have a way harder time calling here than he would on the flop.
I think pleno is right that its the nut worst card as it looks like it hits my range.. obviously if he rivers a miracle 6 then we get his stack and we're not worried about any river... obviously a K is a good one too... However I thought it would look super 'convenient' and kinda bluffy here.... and that villain dependent he may get stubborn with his pair.  Also, if this villain had KQ he wouldn't have folded pre.

Hand 10 - AK

Like this hand. Obv bet/calling the flop is stnd but this is under the assumption that no1 in their right minds is bet/folding the turn from this stack size in a live tournament, so wp for figuring that out. Don't chk this flop as a default though!
It's something I've started doing more often as people don't generally believe you can check tptk as a PFR.  Also on this board when I get checkshoved on I don't really like the call, but I wouldn't be folding.. so by flatting I manipulate his turn betting range to include all AIR, FD's, K's, random pairs that want to bet, and so little of that can call it off.  I would really like to flat and call any river but I hate the spade ones and he had enough that if I blindly called it off I would be super short.  Getting the money in on the turn is safer in this spot.

Hand 11 - I'd 100% raise the flop but as it happens you'd make him fold here lol. Also DEFO DEFO DEFO lead the river, his calling range when you ship is pretty similar to the range that jams for value, the only difference is that he checks back the weaker parts of his range (AJ maybe QQ/KK/AA also) so all we do by not jamming the river is to lose value vs the weakest part of his range, I don't think he gets to the river with air that he's piling often enough to make it a concern either.
Yeah, this was the only value mistake of the day and I think I should cshove turn 99% of time, and lead river the other 1%.. checking river was bad but its hard to get QQ+ and I have all the tp's.... so what can he have???

Hand 12 - 97

Fold pre ofc (or 3bet) but I would peel here sometimes cos i'm a spacky cash player lol. you playing it good down the streets though *thumbsup*
This should be a 3bt for the reasons I called, but I was sure he'd fold all the time and I wanted another bet out of him.  As said, I wasn't playing my cards, but the player and the board.  The board ran out perfectly for me to just call call call so i did and I was right about him, his hand and his tendancies.  Live reads FTW!

Hand 13 - AQ

UL, you weren't worried he had AK - I've seen people show up with AK here live before. Either way it's a dreadful play from him and you've made what seems like a decent call - I'd expect him to have pairs a lot not sure why you think he wont, but anyways very very unlucky.
No, he never has AK and he raises his pairs... I'm 100% that his range is Ax, Kx and Qx all the time.. I guess we can include the cheeky J10 and J9 but that's it.  Vs that range - we're 68.8%.  Whether I have to risk it, or be patient and 'grind' my way into day two or take this risk and sail through is the discussion....  I'm still not sure what I'd do if it came up again.. I hope this experience doesn't make me fold a situation where I should call in future though.

Sigh at the KK vs A7 hand Sad

Sounds like you played a good, composed game without too much ego and FPS. You got unlucky at the crunch time which is impossible to over-some in poker tournaments I'm afraid. Sure you'll do great next time Smiley

Hope so fella, played the best ever and somehow am not through to day2... no spew as was the norm for me, no randomness... just good value hands, played solidly and didn't hold in the crunch ones.  That's all folks.

gl

Notes above... thanks for the comments, it means a lot.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 14, 2012, 04:23:13 PM »

As discussed, the 97 can never ever be justified and is bad, but think you know this deep down.

The 44 is something i used to do too much, online it may be a calll, but these dinasours, are never 38 bluff jamming.

I think the wotst of the hands is ak on kxxsss, why do i jam the turn? You take all the air out of his range and vs his value and calling range were not actually in gd shape.

The 97o is bad for obv reasons as we discussed, as justified above I'm not worried about it post-flop and I ended up winning 25K that I wouldn't have if I'd 3bt but obv this won't happen every time, vs a competent villain I just 3bt pre.

Yer, the 44 was a mistake.. raise calling with <77 is probably bad when UTG but then next orbit when I've called with 44's the idiot otb shoves 44's.... what a tool.  I sigh pass 66's and he successfully used his 10bb's to 'bluff'.... well played sir.

The AK hand on Kxxsss, what do you do pads? When we call turn, what do we do on which rivers? he has 17K and we know he wont be afraid to bet 100% of rivers... (from what he said after I think he had a decent spade...)

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 14, 2012, 04:25:39 PM »

The 97o is bad for obv reasons as we discussed, as justified above I'm not worried about it post-flop and I ended up winning 25K that I wouldn't have if I'd 3bt but obv this won't happen every time, vs a competent villain I just 3bt pre.

Yer, the 44 was a mistake.. raise calling with <77 is probably bad when UTG but then next orbit when I've called with 44's the idiot otb shoves 44's.... what a tool.  I sigh pass 66's and he successfully used his 10bb's to 'bluff'.... well played sir.

The AK hand on Kxxsss, what do you do pads? When we call turn, what do we do on which rivers? he has 17K and we know he wont be afraid to bet 100% of rivers... (from what he said after I think he had a decent spade...)

but why choose 97, theres sooooooo many better hands we can choose than 97o

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 14, 2012, 04:52:48 PM »

its the situation mate... there is a dead BB there and he min opened the button... I would have defended with atc here...

turns out it ran out nicely to bluff catch but like I said I was going to craise flops or turn and take it down that way..

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 14, 2012, 04:59:35 PM »

its the situation mate... there is a dead BB there and he min opened the button... I would have defended with atc here...

rly?

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 14, 2012, 05:12:24 PM »

yeh, going to take the blinds, antes and his raise unless he hits tp...

you wouldn't want to take this spot?

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 14, 2012, 10:18:32 PM »

This is just a small note to point out how freaking hard it is to win at online cash poker....

I mean I'm playing 25nl and as such I'm probably one of the spewier regs.. but it is just so hard to win a lot of $$ when people don't bluff a lot (read - as much as i do).

Dug myself an $80 hole today in my first session.. think about 50 of it was avoidable-ish.. ($25 of that was JJ vs KK on 10xx..)
Got out of the hole with some rungood and overbets when people obv had tptk.
Had one really nice one where I flat T's from bb and flop KTT - cc, turn Q - cc and River K - craise 5x pot and he snaps with KJ. Cheesy
nice runout!

So, had a break, some food and back for a second session today!

We are losing overall at the moment.. but definitely getting there in the stronger fundamentals department.  And hand reading is improving every hand!

Back to it then......

WPIL

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 14, 2012, 10:26:18 PM »

Nice.................I can't even win one f**king hand
WPIL

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 14, 2012, 10:33:22 PM »

And now I start to play junk I start hitting .................. sometimes
WPIL

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 14, 2012, 10:36:22 PM »

Sorry don't mean to hijack your diary - carry on (let me carry on playing s**t and keep hitting for an EPT Seat!)
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 14, 2012, 11:44:48 PM »

Its fine... its a hard game that takes on a whole different time scale than live players are used to.

Winrates are measures in bb/100 for heavens sake.. - if you were to win 5bb/100 in a live cash game you're looking at £10/3hours in a £1/2 game.... that just would not be sustainable or profitable.. but its better theoretically! And that's the key.

Having a great second session, playing solid... winning and haven't spewed or put myself in any situation where I 'could' lose a bit pot.

Apart from just now... KK vs AA against the only guy with a ridiculously aggressive pre flop game...
So that's most of the profit from the last hour gone then!

Still winning $20 ish... currently at a rate of 14.21bb/100.... wish I could have that over 1million hands... (I'd be the best player on this site at these stakes!)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: