blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:19:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 479065 times)
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: April 15, 2012, 10:44:51 PM »

Wow....

That's a post and a half.....

I'm already plugging and the last day and a half have been really good...  Playing much more solidly.. with the occasional bluff.

Before we move down, come and sweat me again - one of the notes I have right in front of me the whole time is
'Dont bluff for stacks..' and its definitely the biggest leak I had.

Already reducing and like I said the other day, the only limiting factor is how much I can get to play + how much time I can get with you.

I do appreciate all the comments and criticisms.

This is definitely 'cashgate'...............

In the session I'm playing while I write this i am currently losing $45 after getting in AK vs AA pre and AJ vs JJ on AJx...
(tbh-  there was 1 bluff... - guy only called because he rivered two pair...)

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 15, 2012, 10:50:06 PM »

John I'm not going to comment on any hands specifically but a general theme form them all is that you're playing a bit ego-y and stubborn.

This isn't a criticism the exact opposite, when you first really start out in poker it means a lot, and by means a lot to you I mean that you care a LOT about every hand, because at this stage in your career you have little to no concept of the mystical "long run" because you've not played anywhere near enough hands to realise that often (to quote Geeforce) a hand just isn't meant to be, and we have to concede - we don't need to win every pot!

All the calling 3bets OOP with dreadful hands (A6-A9o being the WORST HANDS YOU CAN POSSIBLY HAVE OOP WITHOUT THE INITIATIVE IN 3BET POTS) is, I shouldn't wonder because you think you will be able to "outplay him post-flop" this is car-crash thinking, the biggest post-flop edge in the world won't over-ride the fact that you have a dreadful hand and your OOP to a strong range, honestly give Ivey A6o in MP 100-150bb deep and let him try make money peeling your 3bets form the btn, seriously he CANT, and being possibly the world's best he's not going to call with A6.

The reason you are making these plays is most likely because you're really really passionate about the game, but I think to combine this with more composure, more thought and a bit more respect for your opponents, you can never really get into someones head until you understand them, so with no respect for someones poker at all you can never "crush" them. You might think they play bad but you need to respect the fact they are playing and this in itself makes them dangerous.

The other thing to remember is bluffing ISNT a bad thing, we want to bluff sometimes but it isn't about bluffing to "own" someone, or bluffing cos we want to win this pot, it's about our hand, our opponents range and our percieved range, in order for us to bluff we have to a) not have a good hand (this isn't ALWAYS TRUE OFC) b) be repping a legitimate value hand and c) be against a range of hands that CAN fold... if you play 1000 hands and in 678 of these hands you get to the river with a super strong range vs a super weak range then you prolly wanna be bluffing nearly all these times, if you have 78o and decide to chk/call a GS on a paired board and reach a turn with near on zero equity repping very little then you dont wanna be bluffing. you get me?

Get me on skype I'll sweat you for your session tomorrow if you like.
:
on a positive note I think all the best players start spewy and get better rather than the other way round Smiley

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 15, 2012, 10:55:44 PM »

Sigh @ getting AA's in the best squeeze spot and then 99's do a peel and obv flop is K910.... gg.

Just as i was typing this, flatted AK oop to set up a squeeze, comes K55cc and check raise the pot bet from the two fish...
- one snaps me off for $25 with KQ
- the other takes his whole timebank and then calls with AK - horrible imo. sucks that i chop the $30 with him.

Then another fishy gives me a bi with KJ on Kxx when I flatted AA's pre..... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I can win!

just gota be a nit innit.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 15, 2012, 10:57:28 PM »

just gota be a nit not be a huge spaz innit.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 15, 2012, 11:03:40 PM »

just gota be a nit not be a huge spaz innit.

true.. see my pm?

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 15, 2012, 11:04:29 PM »

yes i've added you. you need to accept me Sad

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 15, 2012, 11:45:02 PM »

I think I'm going to to reread pleno's post several hundred times.

Just awesome.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
parker

DESPERATELY seeking rungoodaments

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 15, 2012, 11:49:01 PM »

great thread. Best of luck with beating the game

but my lord there is some epic spew haha

its inspired ill give you that haha

wiiiiii twin turbo'd
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 16, 2012, 12:20:59 AM »

I hope you all enjoy my shame.....

its there for you all to see.

So will my +ve graph... when ive got one!

(currently in a sweat session with Lil'D - no spew yet)

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 16, 2012, 12:45:13 AM »

Right, weekend results...

Played much tighter style in general, and somehow people either don't notice and/or care.

Played 19/16 or 18/14 for most of the weekend, which compared to before at 33/28 or 28/25 is a BIG difference.  There were a LOT of fish around today, which was a surprise as there normally aren't many if any 'standard fish' (bad with over 40% vpip etc) on at all.

But we played the following sessions:-

14/04/2012 - 41mins: 196 hands: Won $71.82: ran bad for a buy-in.... lol
14/04/2012 - 117mins: 674 hands: Won $21.96:  made a mistake for a buy-in with JJ vs KK..
14/04/2012 - 102mins: 594 hands: Won $23.14: played much tighter, made life easier.
15/04/2012 - 246mins 1579 hands: LOST $142.92: Got cold decked for a few buy-ins then donked off two... - SIGH @ session.
15/04/2012 - 261mins: 2002 hands Won $95.08: back to much tighter, found it easy to win when i kept folding QQ on 10xx to two barrels!!! WTF? - apparently it wins tho.
15/04/2012 - 185mins: 1320 hands Won $19.96: tight is right......

So overall a good weekend, putting in plenty of volume.  It really makes it easy to 'fold' this one hand when you're putting in that kind of volume because one hand just doesn't mean anything anymore.

Seems sick to put this kinda volume in tbh.... remember I'm not mass multi-tabling... I'm 4-6 tabling.  (only 6 tabling to play 'tighter')

Right, well I'm off to wake up Charlene and take her to bed since she's asleep on the couch waiting for me to finish.  I'll be reading Pleno's post a LOT over the next week, trying to ingrain this stuff into my head.

nn all,

jb

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 16, 2012, 12:54:55 AM »

haha im going to come across as abit of a dick here, but we dont have to play tight, i currently play 31/26/11 lots and lots of little aggresion in position is gd and will help you alot and improve non sd, but to do this you have to be super good mentally and not cling on to hands or be prone to blow ups.

I really am super impressed youve managed to tone down and be a nit. I promise you if you crush these guys with tight is right and get a good, solid fundamental game thhen i will teach you all of the fancy stuff later.

#ibelieveinjgcb

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 16, 2012, 02:11:28 AM »

"on a positive note I think all the best players start spewy and get better rather than the other way round "

defo agree.

i might add that the best players all have that spew inside them still and it sometimes it bursts out...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 16, 2012, 02:44:00 AM »

it doesn't mean you're a genuis.

My highlight from an epic post
PeeJay

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 16, 2012, 03:00:40 AM »

i might add that the best players all have that spew inside them still and it sometimes it bursts out...
Got love for the occasional spew. Great advertisement
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 16, 2012, 09:10:22 AM »

"on a positive note I think all the best players start spewy and get better rather than the other way round "

defo agree.

Hope for me yet then Smiley

Allez!!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: