blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:35:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 476286 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: June 19, 2012, 12:35:42 AM »

<3 JB. Especially this bit!

I then proceeded to play really solid and bleed so little, I tried to 'win' a few hands that weren't rightly mine by check raising or donking in spots where I expected folds - I got them and I managed to make a few nice calls!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 19, 2012, 12:37:42 AM »

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 19, 2012, 12:59:15 AM »

<3 JB. Especially this bit!

I then proceeded to play really solid and bleed so little, I tried to 'win' a few hands that weren't rightly mine by check raising or donking in spots where I expected folds - I got them and I managed to make a few nice calls!

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 19, 2012, 01:04:45 AM »

Are you not tempted to do Vegas with team eureka?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 19, 2012, 01:53:11 AM »

Would love to... The lads seem like a great bunch.

A few problems...

[ ] Roll could stand a Vegas trip
[X] Keys currently thinks I'm a grimm-ing ****                                    (insert your favorite appropriate word)
[ ] Sure got an invite to go to Vegas with ANYONE this year..              (even the 'northampton lot' - got very drunk and offended some at a house party last year... cest la vie)
[X] Grinding my little ass off and getting to 100nl is MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY OTHER POKER GOAL
[X] Said I'm going to win a £300+ tourny this year and [ ] won one yet...

Other than that... yer I'm on the plane. Cheesy

No problems mate, s'always next year.  Will be paying more attention to satelliting in as well.

Want to play
[ ] An EPT
[ ] An IPT
[ ] Many UKIPT's
[ ] WSOP ME
[ ] WSOPE event

and why not throw in a
[ ] WPT

Although I'm going to need some serious advice from Alan T if I'm going to get my 'Hedge' up to scratch.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 19, 2012, 07:06:31 PM »

First 25nl session went ok...

Check this out:

TL900

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 19, 2012, 10:21:34 PM »

solid session is solid, wp.

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 19, 2012, 10:21:58 PM »

so solid john, wp

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 19, 2012, 10:30:29 PM »

This is the big loss hand...

I didn't love the river bet at the time, I'd been battling this guy on two tables, thought i'd test him.

http://wt.ag/MqSJB2

lol.... no problems!

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 19, 2012, 10:33:28 PM »

Yeah that river bet is really bad. If he folds you have the best hand ppl don't like to fold heads up

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 19, 2012, 10:33:37 PM »

is 4x bvb standard? <-- honest question btw not trolling or anything.

worst runout to be barelling ever Cheesy don't think i like it Sad

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 19, 2012, 10:54:49 PM »

Yeah that river bet is really bad. If he folds you have the best hand ppl don't like to fold heads up

yer i didn't love it... but I thought it was 'such' a bad river bluffing card that it would be really tough/ impossible for a 'semi-decent' player to be calling in that spot bvb.

I overbet it because i think that 50-110%pot gets called like 80% time.. but once i go above 120%... the bet gets called so rarely by a Q9/QJ/QK range that I think it will profitable.. and obv he should have a chunk of hh hands.

is 4x bvb standard? <-- honest question btw not trolling or anything.

worst runout to be barelling ever Cheesy don't think i like it Sad

its standard for me, I saw it in a video and i find that it means I get a massive amount of folds.. and then when I play a pot I can normally adjust to opponent tendancies that I 'think' I'm making it profitable- not 100% but its gotta be close at minimum.  Obv as i move up this will have to be fine tuned.

Like I said above, I hated this particular river card, there are SOOO many that are good for me... shame it wasn't one of those imo.

Meh - still won 4 bi's = can't be playing that bad! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
(jk pleno)

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 19, 2012, 11:35:43 PM »

No I'm happy.

Ak hand is really bad just understanding boards to barrel is so important and I'm sure you will continue to grow and improve your fundamentals.

You have the desire and intelligence to beat 200 and beyond. Stick with it and will
All be worthwhile.

Don't chase Vegas or epts just try to Adam Reynolds for ow

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 19, 2012, 11:36:27 PM »

Btw I think that post I made which may have seen at the time harsh will acty be the major urbing point in your poker
Career

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 19, 2012, 11:41:52 PM »

No I'm happy.

Ak hand is really bad just understanding boards to barrel is so important and I'm sure you will continue to grow and improve your fundamentals.

You have the desire and intelligence to beat 200 and beyond. Stick with it and will
All be worthwhile.

Don't chase Vegas or epts just try to Adam Reynolds for ow

huh???

Btw I think that post I made which may have seen at the time harsh will acty be the major urbing point in your poker
Career

I said and knew it at the time... I appreciate it mate - really do!

Its why im so pumped to get hold of you, you slippery little jordie!  I 'knew' it was a bad runout, Callum and I have been discussing good ones, in all honesty I knew it was a bad runout and knew i probably shouldn't both but felt like such a hero being 3bi's or whatever up at the time I 'went' for it... as he will have heart draws some % and won't hero me with tp all the time...
Really am working on it, and really think I'll need your help to crack 50nl and 100nl this year... got my grinding boots on - help pls.

Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: