blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:41:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6979 6980 6981 6982 [6983] 6984 6985 6986 6987 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13442870 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104730 on: August 03, 2015, 04:32:49 PM »

I think he had contract issues with Villa.  He wasn't getting paid anywhere near the money he was worth and i think Derby have probably stepped in and paid him his market rate and more maybe to drop down a division and help them go up.  Think he will be a massive player for them dropping down a level but couldn't back at to be top scorer at 100/1 never mind 50/1.  He will score some awesome goals but he won't score that many of them.  Great player to watch imo.

definitely throwing money at it, to an already decent squad that went a bit awry when McLaren got wobbly back end of last season, which accounts for their favouritism in the division.

Shackell left Burnley for Derby and Dyche said he could not refuse the terms offered and that "money was a big motivation"

granted Burnley penny - pinch but to not compete, even with parachute payments, to retain Shackell was a bit of an eyeopener

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #104731 on: August 03, 2015, 04:37:58 PM »

Scuybet are going four places each-way in outright betting, and Smoggies/Derby seem sensible punts for those that can. Really like the Smoggies this season, albeit Fatty is pushing for another move it seems.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #104732 on: August 03, 2015, 04:41:05 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/friendlies/dagenham-redbridge-v-crystal-palace/winner

There could be a bet on the Palace game tonight, for £60, I think the price will hold until the squad is announced. 1.5 currently away to Dagenham and Redbridge.

Likely to be putting out a team that would be mid table Championship with the likes of Bamford and Gayle probably starting. If the team I think gets put out does, the true price should be more like 1.2.

I hope the price holds until 18.45 (teamsheet announced) - if any of you with experience on spots like these thinks we should pull the trigger now, I am all ears.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104733 on: August 03, 2015, 04:43:33 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/friendlies/dagenham-redbridge-v-crystal-palace/winner

There could be a bet on the Palace game tonight, for £60, I think the price will hold until the squad is announced. 1.5 currently away to Dagenham and Redbridge.

Likely to be putting out a team that would be mid table Championship with the likes of Bamford and Gayle probably starting. If the team I think gets put out does, the true price should be more like 1.2.

I hope the price holds until 18.45 (teamsheet announced) - if any of you with experience on spots like these thinks we should pull the trigger now, I am all ears.

should we even be betting on pre-season friendlies? five days before the start of the season, their motivation to go full pelt and risk injuries is....?

serious questions

My eyes are open wide
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #104734 on: August 03, 2015, 04:46:06 PM »

I think the squad will resemble the one that demolished Bromley on Thursday:

Palace starting XI: McCarthy (Kettings, 70); Kelly (Dymond, 70), Hangeland, Croll, Scales; Zaha (Bissaka, 70), Mutch (Anderson, 59), Ledley (Allassani, 70), Kaikai (George, 70); Gayle (Breimyr, 70), Bamford (Guedioura, 45).

All the subs aside from Guediora were development players, but 9 altogether could start in the prem and not look too out of place.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #104735 on: August 03, 2015, 04:48:28 PM »

should we even be betting on pre-season friendlies? five days before the start of the season, their motivation to go full pelt and risk injuries is....?

serious questions

I think Palace have a lot of dead rubber in the squad that are of championship level that won't see much game time in the prem, who have something to prove for it to not be a bad bet. However, the lottery of friendlies applies yes, I see it as value regardless.
cish n fhips

View Profile
« Reply #104736 on: August 03, 2015, 04:49:17 PM »

I was thinking with an average of 15 last season between Martin and Bent
Will the chance arise through play or injury that he will replace either of the
above as a striker. If so this is Derbys chance of a 20 goal + player. I think for the  
goals Derby scored from strikers maybe the short prices of Martin and Bent make this
jump out to me.People think 50's is no good.
How would the Derby top scorer price up?

GL guys
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #104737 on: August 03, 2015, 04:50:29 PM »

I say wait until the teamsheet is announced - I will come on at 18.45, and let you know if I think it is a recommend, then let you decide if you fancy it. I hope the price holds.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104738 on: August 03, 2015, 04:53:14 PM »

I was thinking with an average of 15 last season between Martin and Bent
Will the chance arise through play or injury that he will replace either of the
above as a striker. If so this is Derbys chance of a 20 goal + player. I think for the 
goals Derby scored from strikers maybe the short prices of Martin and Bent make this
jump out to me.People think 50's is no good.
How would the Derby top scorer price up?

GL guys

Weimann is 7/1 to be dery top scorer behind Martin, bent and Ince

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/derby/top-league-goalscorer

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104739 on: August 03, 2015, 04:54:27 PM »

I say wait until the teamsheet is announced - I will come on at 18.45, and let you know if I think it is a recommend, then let you decide if you fancy it. I hope the price holds.

thank you

my point stands. people bet on pre-season friendlies? they offer value? they make it pay?

My eyes are open wide
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #104740 on: August 03, 2015, 04:59:16 PM »

Palace starting XI: McCarthy (Kettings, 70); Kelly (Dymond, 70), Hangeland, Croll, Scales; Zaha (Bissaka, 70), Mutch (Anderson, 59), Ledley (Allassani, 70), Kaikai (George, 70); Gayle (Breimyr, 70), Bamford (Guedioura, 45).

All the subs aside from Guediora were development players, but 9 altogether could start in the prem and not look too out of place.

You think McCarthy will stay as first choice once Speroni is fit?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #104741 on: August 03, 2015, 05:03:55 PM »

I actually don't hate Wiemann at 50s. Derby decent side at this level so there will be lots of chances in that team to put away. Bent is only 14's. Surprised Wiemann's dropped down tbh and on a perm deal too, must be wage based. I've always really liked him as a player and i'm not sure how relevant the premier league goal stats are as the championship is a totally diff animal. Where he plays, however, is a valid question tho like tighty says. Would def be getting involved at 100s all day and next week. At 50s ill be having a small punt. Think clement coming in fresh alongside with Wiemann is an interesting angle. Maybe he can pass along some tips from having working with ronaldo!
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #104742 on: August 03, 2015, 05:04:21 PM »

Ant, 4-1 the field for Palace top league scorer. We like 6-1 Wickham?

7-1 Wiemann to be top Derby scorer must be a deal better than 50-1 for the golden boot? Don't much like either though tbh. Backing a player who's not an out-and-out striker in these markets can't ever be a good move can it? Will he take pens?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 05:07:16 PM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #104743 on: August 03, 2015, 05:08:57 PM »

You think McCarthy will stay as first choice once Speroni is fit?

GK position shrouded in mystery. I think Speroni is our number 1 but he has missed pre season with a hand injury and looks set to miss the start of the prem. Hennessey was supposed to be out the door with McCarthy his replacement, but he looks like he is staying.
I think McCarthy is unlucky that Hennessey might not go, as I think he would have started the prem in goal if it wasn't for that, making it his spot to lose. But I think Hennessey is higher than him in the pecking order, I think if all fit Speroni is too, so with the way things stand I would say McCarthy is shockingly our number 3.
cish n fhips

View Profile
« Reply #104744 on: August 03, 2015, 05:11:41 PM »

ok not one for tft but
Spy bet are offering a bet on over 50 goals between Martin,Bent,Ince and Wieman
at 5/2.
Buying money?
Pages: 1 ... 6979 6980 6981 6982 [6983] 6984 6985 6986 6987 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: