blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:28:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272627 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6989 6990 6991 6992 [6993] 6994 6995 6996 6997 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13447824 times)
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #104880 on: August 05, 2015, 02:03:49 PM »

I must say I was under the impression that newly-promoted teams often start off very well in te EPL. Not just because of the unknown quantity but they are also still coming off the back of their great run that got them there.

Any more opinion, or some analysis on this, would be great...?
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #104881 on: August 05, 2015, 02:06:38 PM »

Any other ice-creamers out there want to check their emails/spam for one from Laddies - lots of great EPL offers being served up.

I got a book in the post from them last week 'Your 2015/16 Season Ticket'.

Not had a chance to look at it yet, so guessing it's something to do with that.

Yeah they're calling it Season Ticket - that's it. Loads of 'Bet £10 for a £10 free bet' type offers, well worth doing.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #104882 on: August 05, 2015, 02:09:26 PM »

I must say I was under the impression that newly-promoted teams often start off very well in te EPL. Not just because of the unknown quantity but they are also still coming off the back of their great run that got them there.

Page 69 of the RP pullout has some detailed stats analysis about the start of the EPL season.  Newly promoted sides to the EPL show a profit of £598 to £10 level stakes in their first 12 games over the last 8 seasons albeit all of this profit was shown in just 6 games (obviously newly promoted teams winning away at big 4 sides i would imagine).  That is always going to be the case though that the promoted teams are going to be big prices.  Small sample size but an interesting read.  Teams who showed the biggest losses were those in the Europa league.

Backing the champions league teams (top 4 from previous season) showed a 9% roi after non world cup years.  Makes logical sense as the best players are more rested than usual.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 02:36:36 PM by arbboy » Logged
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #104883 on: August 05, 2015, 02:15:40 PM »

Duckett promoted to open the CC batting for Northants, scores a big century. Great spot on this guy but a bit of a bad beat in that he didn't get there for Fred.
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #104884 on: August 05, 2015, 02:23:01 PM »

Page 69 of the RP pullout has some detailed stats analysis about the start of the EPL season.  Newly promoted sides to the EPL show a profit of £598 to £10 level stakes in their first 12 games over the last 8 seasons albeit all of this profit was shown in just 6 games (obviously newly promoted teams winning away at big 4 sides i would imagine).  That is always going to be the case though that the promoted teams are going to be big prices.  Small sample size but an interesting read.  Teams who showed the biggest losses were those in the Europa league.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104885 on: August 05, 2015, 02:24:56 PM »

there's another one

Mason Crane 18 yo leg spinner for Hampshire

2pm today on sky at edgbaston

being played on the test match pitch, now the fourth day of play on this pitch

it span on day 1 of the test and got more pronouncedas the pitch dried further.

crane and dawson at 4/1 and 9/2 are priced as 4th and 5th favourites to the three seamers for Hants today on a pitch that should suit them and a game that might be quite tough to score runs on

completely different prospect to playing on a fresh pitch

for comparison the warwicks pinner jeetan patel (much more experienced and better known by the traders) is favourite

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #104886 on: August 05, 2015, 02:33:44 PM »

Bakary Sako anyone? Is he a strong target man type capable of leading the line by himself.

If not I may explode.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104887 on: August 05, 2015, 02:36:51 PM »

Bakary Sako anyone? Is he a strong target man type capable of leading the line by himself.

If not I may explode.

he's an attacking midfielder/support striker

you will have seen a lot of him playing for wolves right? scored a lot fo goals last two years, was on tv games a lot

very good player

sako, cabaye and bamford for £9m in fees? nice......

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #104888 on: August 05, 2015, 02:45:50 PM »

If not I may explode.

Fast quick strong

I worry that he may not be quite as much of a standout at this level but for a free cant argue....

Wonder if yannick has attract some late interest?  You look a bit overstocked in the wide areas now
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #104889 on: August 05, 2015, 02:54:07 PM »

I do watch the champo highlights Tighty but in a sort of glazed over way as Palace aren't involved, so needed help with exactly what he contributes. Knew he scored plenty which is good but confused as to where he would fit in.

I'm perplexed by Palace atm. No ante post stuff from me because I haven't a clue how we will set up and if it will be effective. Also all the stuff is nowhere near as much value as last year.

One point I will make is we have been without Bolasie and Zaha for most of pre season and when we don't have width/attacking flair we look all at sea. We have no real like for like cover and that is a worry especially with murmourings that Bolasie may be Tottenham bound or in the very least unsettled somewhat at Palace.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #104890 on: August 05, 2015, 02:55:08 PM »

I do watch the champo highlights Tighty but in a sort of glazed over way as Palace aren't involved, so needed help with exactly what he contributes. Knew he scored plenty which is good but confused as to where he would fit in.

I'm perplexed by Palace atm. No ante post stuff from me because I haven't a clue how we will set up and if it will be effective. Also all the stuff is nowhere near as much value as last year.

One point I will make is we have been without Bolasie and Zaha for most of pre season and when we don't have width/attacking flair we look all at sea. We have no real like for like cover and that is a worry especially with murmourings that Bolasie may be Tottenham bound or in the very least unsettled somewhat at Palace.

Spurs were told they could have Bolasie...for £40m.

Two seasons too late, Pardiola.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #104891 on: August 05, 2015, 02:55:44 PM »

Sako the pick of the bunch imo, very impressive, imposing player.

Feels like a Bolasie replacement to me.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #104892 on: August 05, 2015, 03:01:04 PM »

If not I may explode.

Fast quick strong

I worry that he may not be quite as much of a standout at this level but for a free cant argue....

Wonder if yannick has attract some late interest?  You look a bit overstocked in the wide areas now

Tottenham is the worry apparently.

Oddly to oppose you, I would say we are under stocked in the wide positions for out and out wingers that have a similar threat to Zaha/Bolasie and I'm worried by that.

Bolasie definitely needs fine tuning with the final finish/pass, but his crossing is generally great and he is the most exciting player I've seen in a palace shirt. A genuine worth the price of admission alone on most games. When he has the ball at feet there is a general expectancy he will beat his man and do so so entertainingly haphazardly. Absolute joy to watch.

I would genuinely mourn his transfer lol
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #104893 on: August 05, 2015, 03:02:31 PM »

Are people trying to make me cry?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #104894 on: August 05, 2015, 03:07:46 PM »

Spurs were told they could have Bolasie...for £40m.

Two seasons too late, Pardiola.

I would say it's more like 25m and its not out of the question imo.
Pages: 1 ... 6989 6990 6991 6992 [6993] 6994 6995 6996 6997 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: