blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:50:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7997 7998 7999 8000 [8001] 8002 8003 8004 8005 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13443100 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #120000 on: July 28, 2016, 02:40:36 PM »

Tal

i have just done small bets on your two meanderings

neither were e/w races given non runners

Montsarrat Goodwood 14:00 Winner
20/1
Total Stake: £10.00

Bet Type: Single
            Goodwood [16:20] 7f Maiden Fillies Stakes
                Manama 9/1
        Possible Payout (inc. stake) 150.00 GBP
    1 bet @
    15.00 GBP

Total Cost: 15.00 GBP
    Total Possible Payout (inc. stake): 150.00 GBP

if you had decided against either for Tft let me know before 2pm
Potential Returns: £210.00

Decided against? Not a bit of it. Meander ye not. We bet like men.

Terms and conditions apply.  

Let's do wins.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #120001 on: July 28, 2016, 02:41:12 PM »

Tal

i have just done small bets on your two meanderings

neither were e/w races given non runners

Montsarrat Goodwood 14:00 Winner
20/1
Total Stake: £10.00

Bet Type: Single
            Goodwood [16:20] 7f Maiden Fillies Stakes
                Manama 9/1
        Possible Payout (inc. stake) 150.00 GBP
    1 bet @
    15.00 GBP

Total Cost: 15.00 GBP
    Total Possible Payout (inc. stake): 150.00 GBP

if you had decided against either for Tft let me know before 2pm
Potential Returns: £210.00

The 4.20 is the dirtiest of each way maiden races.  The place terms are just fantastic.  Despite this, we possibly dodged a bullet by not betting each way on it.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120002 on: July 28, 2016, 02:46:37 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/stratford/15:50/winner

Away from all the glam stuff on the south coast there is a perfect 16 runner hcap to smash into at not so sunny Stratford.  If all 16 go £100 ew Shady Glen at 9/2 will be fine.  Johnson on board.  Impossible to have a bad ew bet in the race obviously.

when would i leave this until? 30 minutes before kick off, in case of a late NR?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #120003 on: July 28, 2016, 02:54:44 PM »

Got one in the opener to

ZHUI FENG amanda parrot not one of the better trainers around and as usually has aimed for the stars with this one, last 3 runs the guineas (not entirely disgraced) a slighty better handicap around here (6th never nearer) and the Brittania handicap at Ascot (again ran on late)

May have already fallen out of love with the game after racing in such company but 2lbs lower than the 6th here in a slightly weaker looking race and getting a step up in trip which looks needed 25s seems fair

Win only obviously suggest £20 or so

For obvious reasons not done the race in depth id like.

I also like SIGN OF THE KODIAC in the last 33s is fine 40s would be even better obviously

gd lk all
Zhui Feng 25/1 in to 14/1.  Won that battle anyway! 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #120004 on: July 28, 2016, 02:56:31 PM »

Any suggestions for Goodwood today, or should I go back to sticking pins in the paper?

As the price is going, Sword Fighter in the 3.10 11/2 win only Hills.  Just really like it.  Young improving, stays the trip and the rest aren't all that great right now.  And you get the offer.

Suggest £50 win for thread.

Hard work today.  I have backed highly sprung at 14/1 and just glamorous (8/1) e/w in the last.  Problem is that it is sporting bet, so they are limiting me pretty heavily.  I am not sure if thread can do better.  
Suggest we get 25 e/w on both with sporting bet at these prices if we can.

If we can't get the money on, or the price, no worries.  Betfred are 5 places, but terrible prices, and will likely limit us to 2 quid e/w anyway.

The only others I have backed are: Ardad to win at 18/1 in the 2.35.  Just because I was impressed once, but it ran terribly against the horse that is only 3rd favourite here last time.  Just punting maybe.   And You're Hired in the first win only (sporting bet only at 9/1, but maybe get half a point more on betfair).  I can't really get excited enough about these for thread though.

Many of the races are a bad shape for each way betting.  The 4.20 is a good shape, but I avoid e/w betting in maidens online.  I did have a couple of golfers, but the price had gone this morning too.   At least we got a decent price on sword fighter (now best 5/1 and going).

For that 4.20, Manama is standout 9/1 with the shouty red man at 3 Places 1/4 odds.

Fun race with 12 runners and the top two Evs and 13/8.

If Manama beats the top 2 in the market I'll run down Darlington High Row naked singing Rule Britannia.

You shouldn't mind giving up a little on the win part of dirty ew bets, but when you are giving away 100% of the win portion you haven't got much wiggle room gunning for 3rd place only.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #120005 on: July 28, 2016, 03:00:20 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/stratford/15:50/winner

Away from all the glam stuff on the south coast there is a perfect 16 runner hcap to smash into at not so sunny Stratford.  If all 16 go £100 ew Shady Glen at 9/2 will be fine.  Johnson on board.  Impossible to have a bad ew bet in the race obviously.

when would i leave this until? 30 minutes before kick off, in case of a late NR?

Yes as late as possible before the opening show comes through from the track.  I will update at 330pm ish.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #120006 on: July 28, 2016, 03:00:50 PM »

Any suggestions for Goodwood today, or should I go back to sticking pins in the paper?

As the price is going, Sword Fighter in the 3.10 11/2 win only Hills.  Just really like it.  Young improving, stays the trip and the rest aren't all that great right now.  And you get the offer.

Hard work today.  I have backed highly sprung at 14/1 and just glamorous (8/1) e/w in the last.  Problem is that it is sporting bet, so they are limiting me pretty heavily.  I am not sure if thread can do better.  

If we can't get the money on, or the price, no worries.  Betfred are 5 places, but terrible prices, and will likely limit us to 2 quid e/w anyway.

The only others I have backed are: Ardad to win at 18/1 in the 2.35.  Just because I was impressed once, but it ran terribly against the horse that is only 3rd favourite here last time.  Just punting maybe.   And You're Hired in the first win only (sporting bet only at 9/1, but maybe get half a point more on betfair).  I can't really get excited enough about these for thread though.

Many of the races are a bad shape for each way betting.  The 4.20 is a good shape, but I avoid e/w betting in maidens online.  I did have a couple of golfers, but the price had gone this morning too.   At least we got a decent price on sword fighter (now best 5/1 and going).

Maybe should have got a bit more excited Wink

Just hung on

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #120007 on: July 28, 2016, 03:01:55 PM »

Desoto County's second reserve in the Galway Hurdle so may well not run but I like his chances each-way at 16-1 with five places if he does. Only four runs over hurdles taking him up 15lbs since leaving The Don and given what's happened with so many of the Rooney handicappers there's likely to be more to come. Beat Tigris River - 10-1 today - by five lengths getting seven pounds in the big Leopardstown hurdle in January http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/17-01-2016/leopardstown/result/708662/coral-ie-hurdle-extended-handicap-0-150-grade-b.

Was beaten under five lengths by Clondaw Warrior - 8-1 today - getting two pounds and a typically awkward ride in a big field from Tommy Cooper at Fairyhouse. http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/29-03-2016/fairyhouse/result/716412/farmhouse-foods-handicap-hurdle-grade-b

Been running in chases to protect the mark. McCain switcher angle. Mispriced on collateral form. 16s and five spots is with 365 so not for Fred, sadly.

[Add.] It looks like Silver Concorde might come out  having run yesterday which frees up Jack Kennedy to ride and gets Desoto in if Gordon withdraws Tempo Mac who is now over 50s on Betfair.

Just checked.  This one is a non runner.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120008 on: July 28, 2016, 03:05:48 PM »

Maybe should have got a bit more excited Wink

Just hung on

Please be more excited next time.

Smiley

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #120009 on: July 28, 2016, 03:06:38 PM »

Think the strat 3.50 is 15 now

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120010 on: July 28, 2016, 03:08:41 PM »

Got one in the opener to

ZHUI FENG amanda parrot not one of the better trainers around and as usually has aimed for the stars with this one, last 3 runs the guineas (not entirely disgraced) a slighty better handicap around here (6th never nearer) and the Brittania handicap at Ascot (again ran on late)

May have already fallen out of love with the game after racing in such company but 2lbs lower than the 6th here in a slightly weaker looking race and getting a step up in trip which looks needed 25s seems fair

Win only obviously suggest £20 or so

For obvious reasons not done the race in depth id like.

I also like SIGN OF THE KODIAC in the last 33s is fine 40s would be even better obviously

gd lk all
Zhui Feng 25/1 in to 14/1.  Won that battle anyway! 

The winner was from the stable, too

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #120011 on: July 28, 2016, 03:09:44 PM »

For that 4.20, Manama is standout 9/1 with the shouty red man at 3 Places 1/4 odds.

If Manama beats the top 2 in the market I'll run down Darlington High Row naked singing Rule Britannia.

You shouldn't mind giving up a little on the win part of dirty ew bets, but when you are giving away 100% of the win portion you haven't got much wiggle room gunning for 3rd place only.

9/1 vs 12/1 on the win.  9/4 vs 5/4 on the place is +ev overall though.  I am not going anywhere near it though (or Darlo if the miracle happens).

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #120012 on: July 28, 2016, 03:10:35 PM »

Think the strat 3.50 is 15 now

yes rag of the field pulled out.  No bet now.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #120013 on: July 28, 2016, 03:43:29 PM »

9/1 vs 12/1 on the win.  9/4 vs 5/4 on the place is +ev overall though.  I am not going anywhere near it though (or Darlo if the miracle happens).

I think she'll start about 20 on the machine. She's at least a stone, probably more, behind the top 2 in the market.

And I would lay the 5/4 for a place for my max if there was any liquidity.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #120014 on: July 28, 2016, 04:15:12 PM »

No joy there.  It wasn't helped by some villian shrinking our horse befote the start. 

I was beginning to think I was going to clear my vegas hole, but may have to wait for tomorrow.

Pages: 1 ... 7997 7998 7999 8000 [8001] 8002 8003 8004 8005 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: