blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:44:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274191 Posts in 66765 Topics by 16731 Members
Latest Member: Airdraken
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8168 8169 8170 8171 [8172] 8173 8174 8175 8176 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 14114288 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #122565 on: October 18, 2016, 04:30:53 PM »

why isn't posting comments on this thread from a respected 'winner' about backing winners at any price a banning offense?   Does that level of trolling really enhance the forum and make people want to post and read TFT anymore than my tounge in cheek hector post which got a month's ban?

Why did Adz even get involved?  There was a 3 way discussion about tennis (which adz knows nothing about and added zero to the factual odds debate) between me weetabix and hector.  Why does Adz feel the need to even comment to such degrees?  It is the same with Chompy and adz re crowley.  There is always one common feature in all of these rucks.  adzdonk.

Because my friend you are a bully. You make comments and then back down when Tighty or tikay has a go, and when you get a sniff you have support, you come back all guns blazing.

Last few pages, feel very familiar.

Why did I comment on Crowley? Just lol at your attempts to belittle me. Is it because you spend two months cheering home, and posting about every SDS winner and you did your dough? Did I mention I put him up on here as worth an interest at 50-1?

ANOTHER lucky guess eh!!

As you are no longer contributing, I think maybe you should be the one who finds a new place to troll.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #122566 on: October 18, 2016, 04:30:58 PM »

Even after nearly 5 years of the best education they could have from some of the sharpest minds in the country

This is it. Try to find a betting discussion of the level you see here somewhere else on the 'net. You can't.

Bigadz gets to cheer his winners home. Arb gets to demonstrate how to calculate value across a tournament. I get to pay attention. Room for everyone.

Do you want to read betting discussion about backing 'winners' at any price because you don't want to miss out on a winner?  I think you could find that basement level of betting discussion down the dog and duck in any town in England from people who think they are lifetime winners gambling.  This place was set up by Camel to be a few levels above that.  Like i said pull up the draw bridge. RIP.

What is it exactly you don't get?Huh?

There are plenty I don't follow here who put up the odd snippet/even winner, but with very little evidence it is in fact value. I don't blindly follow every Tom Dick etc. I have deduced Hector makes me money. What a foolish troll I am.

Hector has proved year on year he can produce the goods. The sample size to me as a mere human that may live only 50 betting years, seems large enough to me. Or should i wait until I am nearly dead to decide " oh yes, he was winning after 5 years, but I left it longer because Arguetwat decided it wasn't long enough". Why would you not follow him, value or not?

Lets be under no illusion, many cases of value on this thread are only "value" because someone has put up a tip that 3 people on here have followed and thus, alerted a trader to a 5 minute window of activity that they have reacted to. I don't call that finding "value", just creating a false market reaction.

Simple really i would rather lay 50/1 shots at 16/1 than back them.  There is nothing more to say.  Win lose or draw.  The results take care of themselves over time.  Same way as i wouldn't back number 32 on a roulette wheel at 12/1 when its a 36/1 shot no matter how much i 'fancied' it to fall in the hole.  Surely after five years we shouldn't even be having these discussions should we?  

As i said before why isn't this level of trolling a banning offense?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 04:41:19 PM by arbboy » Logged
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #122567 on: October 18, 2016, 04:33:17 PM »

yeah but what if it hadnt came in for 100 spins  Smiley

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #122568 on: October 18, 2016, 04:33:29 PM »

why isn't posting comments on this thread from a respected 'winner' about backing winners at any price a banning offense?   Does that level of trolling really enhance the forum and make people want to post and read TFT anymore than my tounge in cheek hector post which got a month's ban?

Why did Adz even get involved?  There was a 3 way discussion about tennis (which adz knows nothing about and added zero to the factual odds debate) between me weetabix and hector.  Why does Adz feel the need to even comment to such degrees?  It is the same with Chompy and adz re crowley.  There is always one common feature in all of these rucks.  adzdonk.

Because my friend you are a bully. You make comments and then back down when Tighty or tikay has a go, and when you get a sniff you have support, you come back all guns blazing.

Last few pages, feel very familiar.

Why did I comment on Crowley? Just lol at your attempts to belittle me. Is it because you spend two months cheering home, and posting about every SDS winner and you did your dough? Did I mention I put him up on here as worth an interest at 50-1?

ANOTHER lucky guess eh!!

As you are no longer contributing, I think maybe you should be the one who finds a new place to troll.

How am i a bully?  I am the only one who has posted any figures behind the bet in question.  Everyone else is shouting and raging with no facts to back up anything they are saying.  It is easy to call someone smarter and more informed than you a bully when you have no other way to challenge their argument.  It is the easy way out.  It is always the uneducated one who can't keep up with the level of debate who calls out people for being a bully to try to hide the fact they themselves are the bully sticking their nose into areas they are not qualified to comment on because they don't want to miss out and crave attention from their superiors.

My side of the argument is written in black and white.  I am still awaiting Hector to reply and talk us through why the 16/1 was a good bet.  How is that bullying?  It is called debate adzdonk.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 05:03:06 PM by arbboy » Logged
Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #122569 on: October 18, 2016, 04:38:14 PM »

yeah but what if it hadnt came in for 100 spins  Smiley
No, not a 100. But what about 1000?

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #122570 on: October 18, 2016, 04:40:26 PM »

only if i got 37/1  Smiley

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #122571 on: October 18, 2016, 04:41:25 PM »

Edmund down a break vs Marchenko - Marchenko is wearing an absolutely awful camouflage shirt that makes me want to root against him. Kyle in a sort of salmony pink/orange colour is not much better. They are playing in what looks like a totally blacked out room with no fans!

Edit, he breaks back!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 04:44:57 PM by bergeroo » Logged
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #122572 on: October 18, 2016, 05:04:48 PM »

Got to say I'm team Arbboy/Camel here, as someone who gets insanely jealous and bitter when other people win I've never been comfortable with Big Adz's through the roof level of aftertiming and endless talk of how brilliant he is.

Hectors alright, I don't think hes ever claimed to be a betting guru and I think people have every right to question his tips and 2 hours isn't a long enough window for people to do so. I think his record can support an auto bet but not a ban to any criticism.

Watching the tennis, currently 7-7 in the tiebreak, Marchenko badly exposing Kyle's lack of a sliced/defensive backhand shot, but Kyle can do it, come on!

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #122573 on: October 18, 2016, 05:18:14 PM »

Even after nearly 5 years of the best education they could have from some of the sharpest minds in the country

This is it. Try to find a betting discussion of the level you see here somewhere else on the 'net. You can't.

Bigadz gets to cheer his winners home. Arb gets to demonstrate how to calculate value across a tournament. I get to pay attention. Room for everyone.

Do you want to read betting discussion about backing 'winners' at any price because you don't want to miss out on a winner?  I think you could find that basement level of betting discussion down the dog and duck in any town in England from people who think they are lifetime winners gambling.  This place was set up by Camel to be a few levels above that.  Like i said pull up the draw bridge. RIP.

no one is saying that

this all started when i asked weetabix to moderate the edgy tone of his comment, because by doing so it can promote discussion and not make the original bet suggester feel uncomfortable

nothing about whether hector's bet was good value or not. it looks like it probably isn't. not the end of the world and something we can learn from IF the "teaching" is posted in the right manner. some of it was, some of it was laced with barbs.

sadly, once you and bigadz get involved, you don't let it drop. the pair of you, been the same for two years. Boring as a tandem (though obviously fun for the rubberneckers, of whom there are plenty who contribute nothing), predictable and both as bad as each other.

Tighty can you answer one question for me.  If Adzdonk isn't trolling here and honestly believes what he is saying why is his stuff auto bet material?  Just because he shows a profit?  We can't have it both ways.  He is either trolling and leveling people with these comments or actually believes them but you still bet his stuff blind?  If he is trolling why is he constantly allowed to troll in this manner without being banned?

I don't expect an honest answer from you and assume you will sit on the fence to try and keep both parties happy but i will throw it out there anyway.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 05:22:08 PM by arbboy » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122574 on: October 18, 2016, 05:24:06 PM »

Got to say I'm team Arbboy/Camel here, as someone who gets insanely jealous and bitter when other people win I've never been comfortable with Big Adz's through the roof level of aftertiming and endless talk of how brilliant he is.

Hectors alright, I don't think hes ever claimed to be a betting guru and I think people have every right to question his tips and 2 hours isn't a long enough window for people to do so. I think his record can support an auto bet but not a ban to any criticism.

Watching the tennis, currently 7-7 in the tiebreak, Marchenko badly exposing Kyle's lack of a sliced/defensive backhand shot, but Kyle can do it, come on!

there is no ban to criticism. For the fourth time today (gone back and counted), it is the way it is expressed.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Weetabix

View Profile
« Reply #122575 on: October 18, 2016, 05:43:46 PM »

Either Tikay is seething at my original post or his lapping up the ratings as this thread has woken up.

Comments noted Tightend, I do still believe if I was offending or mocking anyone it was initially the stingy bookmaker prices.  It could then be seen as taking the piss out of hectors selection.  I still think hector could post his selection and then explain it isn't really a generous price one bit but this is my pick for the tournament rather than staking £20 on , I believe if 14/1 was top price he still recommends the bet.  Which is his choice and you authorise the bets. I stil think because he has been posting for many years it wouldn't have made any difference if I had mentioned this as soon as he posted. 
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122576 on: October 18, 2016, 05:48:12 PM »

Do you want to read betting discussion about backing 'winners' at any price because you don't want to miss out on a winner?  I think you could find that basement level of betting discussion down the dog and duck in any town in England from people who think they are lifetime winners gambling.  This place was set up by Camel to be a few levels above that.  Like i said pull up the draw bridge. RIP.

no one is saying that

this all started when i asked weetabix to moderate the edgy tone of his comment, because by doing so it can promote discussion and not make the original bet suggester feel uncomfortable

nothing about whether hector's bet was good value or not. it looks like it probably isn't. not the end of the world and something we can learn from IF the "teaching" is posted in the right manner. some of it was, some of it was laced with barbs.

sadly, once you and bigadz get involved, you don't let it drop. the pair of you, been the same for two years. Boring as a tandem (though obviously fun for the rubberneckers, of whom there are plenty who contribute nothing), predictable and both as bad as each other.

Tighty can you answer one question for me.  If Adzdonk isn't trolling here and honestly believes what he is saying why is his stuff auto bet material?  Just because he shows a profit?  We can't have it both ways.  He is either trolling and leveling people with these comments or actually believes them but you still bet his stuff blind?  If he is trolling why is he constantly allowed to troll in this manner without being banned?

I don't expect an honest answer from you and assume you will sit on the fence to try and keep both parties happy but i will throw it out there anyway.

You are both massive pains in the arse.

I remember seeing you at DTD and asking if you would like to come back to blonde. I persuaded other people that it could work. I get it in the neck from these people sometimes when you kick off.

I thought (correctly) that you could add massive value to this thread with your knowledge. It's come at a big downside at times though because the rucks are not what this thread was ever intended to be about.

So really, the fact that this sort of thing (again) is happening is my fault :-)

this personality clash between the pair of you is unfixable. you both refuse to turn the other cheek and not respond to the other (same goes for chompy and Adz) so we get sidelined into this crap time and again.

i am at the stage where its gone beyond pissing me off to the stage where i don't seed the thread, don't put bets up much and don't drop everything to place bets as i once did. It is almost entirely down to these rucks.

i don't believe Adz is trolling, he believes what he says and it works for him. It happens to get on your wick. You get on his. I am certainly not spending my days action as a sort of forum "relate" advisory service for free on PMs.

There is room to place bets from everyone and be tolerant of different styles, and a group of people tend to get auto bet not just because they are profitable (though they all are over in some cases thousands of bets) but because of their general contribution as well.

In that way we are NOT running a thread with a very pure ethos of only ever betting stuff that is very +EV. We are running something that is meant to be fun, provide sweats etc from a range of people.

the sort of thing you are now doing privately to third parties is far "purer" of course but a range of stuff like

- wanting exposure to high profile events, irrespective of EV sometimes
- always backing first tips
- fun bets and novelties

means we deliberately give up some ROI to keep the thread ticking. Perhaps some of my bets are sometimes part of that. Other people's are as well, no need to mention any names.

one of the very few people not to be part of those three factors above has been your bets, and that's fine. Yours is a disciplined rigorous, professional approach.

Our range of bets is most likely not what Keith intended when he started the thread but over nearly 5 years it has been necessary to help longevity.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #122577 on: October 18, 2016, 05:51:44 PM »

Best C&P that into a Word doc, as you'll probably have to post it again in a few months Cheesy

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #122578 on: October 18, 2016, 05:55:41 PM »

Tighty, excellent post. You must have of the patience of a saint, if i was you i would of said fuck this by now. Wp.
If you charge for the relate service you will be subject income tax, same as a tipping service.... Smiley

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #122579 on: October 18, 2016, 06:03:20 PM »

Through the roof level of aftertiming?

Haha, I love it! I put up a suggestion. It won. I celebrated. How is that aftertiming? Unless I have the definition completely wrong.

Glad it annoys you when i win though, if you're such a fan. Wink Grin

Strange how i am the baddie, for trying to defend someone, yet all the heroes are the ones performing the character deformation. Strange old thread at times. It seems at times that Arbtwat is keen to drive everyone that doesn't agree away, yet on the same hand congratulate himself that idiots like us exist. I don't get the contradictory nature of his rants and have to speak out. Sorry, I DON'T mean to be a pain in the arse.

Just keep laughing at how many times Arbtwat can call me a troll in one post. He is clearly trying to get me driven from the thread, purely for posting my thoughts. He has a pop at others for the language they use but some of his retorts are hilarious. "why has he got autobet status, just because he is profitable over 5 years?"

DUH.....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 8168 8169 8170 8171 [8172] 8173 8174 8175 8176 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: