blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 11:10:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272921 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8307 8308 8309 8310 [8311] 8312 8313 8314 8315 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13574945 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #124650 on: January 07, 2017, 07:10:12 PM »

Why not Bournemouth

made my final four. wanted 2. 3rd round away at Millwall, other three at home as explained above

Eddie will rotate at least 8/9 players from the team that plays tonight against Arsenal. Should be enough, given squad strength atm....but wont be easy at The Den. I wouldn't back them at odds on for this match, but as said, there are sound reasons for backing a decent cup run.

11 changes B'mouth
Millwall unchanged.

Millwall look value now

Thanks for posting this.  It was very useful and I managed to cover my Bournemouth bet.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #124651 on: January 07, 2017, 09:02:48 PM »

Stoke 7/10 to beat a bottom half championship side at home ?  reallyyyyyyy?

West Brom 5/6 to beat Derby.  Silly season arrives.  FA cup is a leveler blah blah. All the usual bollocks which gives us value if you willing to back odds on.

# leveler.  Love the FA cup for 'ev'.  Fortunes done on machine as low as 1.5 and bigger on Stoke pre game. Went to the Stoke game.  Stoke could have easily lost 4 or 5-0 even though they played 100% full strength side.  Wolves fans were immense.  Stoke have def lost the edge fan wise at their games.  The old school brit atmosphere seems long gone.  Should have been 2-0 down after 10 minutes.  Wolves fully deserved to win for me.  No idea what happened at WBA.  1-0 up thought at half time we would lose small on the two games coupled then the FA cup magic struck.  GG wp.

Big 6 all still in the cup and most of the lively outsiders all busto'd today.

Hope the Crayford wides this morning paid for the soccer donks off.  Sorry boys and girls.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 09:30:28 PM by arbboy » Logged
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #124652 on: January 07, 2017, 10:00:48 PM »

Any NFL bets?

I'm surprised at how low the line is for Connor Cook's debut passing yards in the opener tonight.

Played for one of the big college teams and regarded as a player who stepped up under pressure. His low draft spot was due to concerns about his sometimes cavalier play, an injury and a lack of leadership. However, the Raiders believed in him to trade up for cover for Derek Carr. Whilst this is undoubtedly earlier than they would have wanted to be playing him, there are some indicators 200+ passing yards is likely.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-connor-cook/

He has the best offensive line in the AFC in front of him. He also has the Raiders' top two wide receivers declared fit, having been questionable.

I also like another angle: The Texans are poor against passes thrown to running backs. They're missing JJ Watt a lot in that area, even though they have Jadeveon Clowney still. The Raiders have Jaelen Richard, who is handy as a third down back. If Cook can stretch the play with some deep throws - and his college resume suggests he can - they can make some easy yards with short passes.

I'd be putting the line higher, personally, than 190.5. It is clearly a gamble, but that's what the Raiders have done all season.

Billy Mountains is offering 10/11 either side. £22 on the overs of you fancy it.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #124653 on: January 07, 2017, 10:04:47 PM »

Any NFL bets?

I'm surprised at how low the line is for Connor Cook's debut passing yards in the opener tonight.

Played for one of the big college teams and regarded as a player who stepped up under pressure. His low draft spot was due to concerns about his sometimes cavalier play, an injury and a lack of leadership. However, the Raiders believed in him to trade up for cover for Derek Carr. Whilst this is undoubtedly earlier than they would have wanted to be playing him, there are some indicators 200+ passing yards is likely.

He has the best offensive line in the AFC in front of him. He also has the Raiders' top two wide receivers declared fit, having been questionable.

I also like another angle: The Texans are poor against passes thrown to running backs. They're missing JJ Watt a lot in that area, even though they have Jadeveon Clowney still. The Raiders have Jaelen Richard, who is handy as a third down back. If Cook can stretch the play with some deep throws - and his college resume suggests he can - they can make some easy yards with short passes.

I'd be putting the line higher, personally, than 190.5. It is clearly a gamble, but that's what the Raiders have done all season.

Billy Mountains is offering 10/11 either side. £22 on the overs of you fancy it.

I like the unders for the Raiders vs Texans game.   I saw a bit of Cook when he played college for Michigban State, and didnt rate him. 
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #124654 on: January 07, 2017, 10:14:34 PM »

Any NFL bets?

I like the unders for the Raiders vs Texans game.   I saw a bit of Cook when he played college for Michigban State, and didnt rate him. 

I'm surprised at how big a favourite Houston are. I know there's no Derek Carr, but I'd fancy tikay in a QB fight over Brock Osweiler. Osweiler isn't even the Fernando Torres of the NFL, because Torres was good before he got his huge payday. This is Darren Bent.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Weetabix

View Profile
« Reply #124655 on: January 07, 2017, 10:17:18 PM »

The line was 184.5 a few hours ago.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #124656 on: January 07, 2017, 10:19:23 PM »

The line was 184.5 a few hours ago.

Yes. As soon as the favourable injury news broke, most bookies went over 200. Hills have left theirs at 190.5.

Against the number 5 ranked pass defense, they need their main receivers.

Stopsleyhatter

View Profile
« Reply #124657 on: January 07, 2017, 10:21:47 PM »

Have done Texans def/special teams anytime td
Weetabix

View Profile
« Reply #124658 on: January 07, 2017, 10:25:59 PM »

Hills have moved the line twice as they were 185.5 around 5pm.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #124659 on: January 07, 2017, 11:18:56 PM »

Think Channing should just hand over the reigns of the NFL write up's to Tightend. 

He gives is a 7/2 winner and NC gives us under 7.5 points in the first quarter.  #DirtyPants
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #124660 on: January 07, 2017, 11:24:53 PM »

Think Channing should just hand over the reigns of the NFL write up's to Tightend. 

He gives is a 7/2 winner and NC gives us under 7.5 points in the first quarter.  #DirtyPants

I laid a lump on betfair under 9.5 points 1st quarter at 4/9.  Didn't realise Channing had tipped this up.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #124661 on: January 08, 2017, 03:13:20 AM »

How unbelievably poor was the Oakland reserve QB?  Couldn't even execute 5 yard passes.  I am amazed that the backup can be so poor.

Edit: Sorry Tal wasn't a dig.  Just thought the bloke was completely useless - not a regular NFL watcher and hadn't seen your post so not after timing!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 03:15:35 AM by DungBeetle » Logged
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #124662 on: January 08, 2017, 03:17:55 AM »

How unbelievably poor was the Oakland reserve QB?  Couldn't even execute 5 yard passes.  I am amazed that the backup can be so poor.

Edit: Sorry Tal wasn't a dig.  Just thought the bloke was completely useless - not a regular NFL watcher and hadn't seen your post so not after timing!

He was the back up's back up to be fair to him.  But he was shit.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #124663 on: January 08, 2017, 03:23:22 AM »

But why bother having him?  Might as well have a tub of jelly that the ball gets absorbed into in terms of yardage.  Surely backups need some basic competence?  Every throw was off target or too late or he got wiped out while he dithered.  Meh - guess I'm an amateur viewer who doesn't understand how the key backup player can be so dreadful.  Pretty sure Troy Deeney would have got more yardage just throwing his fat arms at random.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #124664 on: January 08, 2017, 03:34:34 AM »

But why bother having him?  Might as well have a tub of jelly that the ball gets absorbed into in terms of yardage.  Surely backups need some basic competence?  Every throw was off target or too late or he got wiped out while he dithered.  Meh - guess I'm an amateur viewer who doesn't understand how the key backup player can be so dreadful.  Pretty sure Troy Deeney would have got more yardage just throwing his fat arms at random.

It's just much harder to play QB in the NFL than you could imagine. That guy will be good in time, was very decent at college.
Pages: 1 ... 8307 8308 8309 8310 [8311] 8312 8313 8314 8315 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: