blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 09:11:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272628 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8465 8466 8467 8468 [8469] 8470 8471 8472 8473 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13449071 times)
Lonohray2

View Profile
« Reply #127020 on: April 06, 2017, 11:42:06 AM »

Had a new record, a brand new sky account, open deposit, place a bet on Snedeker at 50-1, max they would lay is £75 - fair enough new account £5k exposure.

I then try to have a bet on Leishmann and am limited to 83p seconds after, same for all golfers.

Try Aintree and limited to a £30 win, seconds after placing the first bet

It may well be a bit pointless as it is Shy, so you'll lose the account soon enough anyway, but using your first bet to be a golfer at 66/1 under a great offer might never be the right strategy to keep the account.   

Agreed but I've found them almost redundant anyway, I was planning on getting 5/6 masters bets and topping up some Aintree bets today and happy to make it to the end of the day. Previously throwing some £200 champions league accys on was no use, and I've never used them for an "obscure" bet or small markets, just plain football, horses and maybe some darts - not even the 180 markets.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #127021 on: April 06, 2017, 11:42:33 AM »

They all do it now. Nothing to stop them, so they keep pushing the boundaries.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #127022 on: April 06, 2017, 11:45:30 AM »

Had a new record, a brand new sky account, open deposit, place a bet on Snedeker at 50-1, max they would lay is £75 - fair enough new account £5k exposure.

I then try to have a bet on Leishmann and am limited to 83p seconds after, same for all golfers.

It may well be a bit pointless as it is Shy, so you'll lose the account soon enough anyway, but using your first bet to be a golfer at 66/1 under a great offer might never be the right strategy to keep the account.  

Why compete stupidly on price when you are not looking for price sensitive customers long term?  Would be like Waitrose undercutting Aldi for a week and wondering why the store is constantly full of price sensitive riff raff all day and needing to pay huge money for extra security to kick them all out and/or wondering why they don't come back when the standard Waitrose prices return.

I assume it must be company policy to instantly close any new betting account that has a full limit bet as its first bet? 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 11:49:57 AM by arbboy » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #127023 on: April 06, 2017, 11:54:03 AM »

Agreed but I've found them almost redundant anyway, I was planning on getting 5/6 masters bets and topping up some Aintree bets today and happy to make it to the end of the day. Previously throwing some £200 champions league accys on was no use, and I've never used them for an "obscure" bet or small markets, just plain football, horses and maybe some darts - not even the 180 markets.

I guess if you win £5k it was GTO Wink

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
cish n fhips

View Profile
« Reply #127024 on: April 06, 2017, 12:08:16 PM »

Matsuyama time for the masters.
We had him last year in bets and i think "without looking" he won a bit of doe for thread.
Based on same reasoning from last year think we can back him again.
No links as on phone and struggle to access some sites

Think i would go
£5 ew outright
£10 top10
£20 top 20

Gl all
Stuey.
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #127025 on: April 06, 2017, 12:22:37 PM »

Any love for adding Bill Haas to the portfolio?

100/1 and 8 places with William Hill looks good. £5ew?

Playing really well this season, always seems to play OK at the masters. Of the bigger prices, I like the look of him. I do back him every year though so am bias.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127026 on: April 06, 2017, 01:01:53 PM »

Any love for adding Bill Haas to the portfolio?

100/1 and 8 places with William Hill looks good. £5ew?

Playing really well this season, always seems to play OK at the masters. Of the bigger prices, I like the look of him. I do back him every year though so am bias.

rinswun would agree with this (see Matchbook betting podcast where he turns into stats nerd man)

any objections?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127027 on: April 06, 2017, 01:02:59 PM »

We had him last year in bets and i think "without looking" he won a bit of doe for thread.

Think i would go
£5 ew outright
£10 top10
£20 top 20

Gl all
Stuey.

hi you don't give me recommended prices?

any thoughts from anyone else?

if its wet and long and everything its expected to be until the weekend, is he long enough?

My eyes are open wide
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #127028 on: April 06, 2017, 01:11:53 PM »

Think i would go
£5 ew outright
£10 top10
£20 top 20

Gl all
Stuey.

hi you don't give me recommended prices?

any thoughts from anyone else?

if its wet and long and everything its expected to be until the weekend, is he long enough?

Backed him at 25/1.  Think he is probably too short now at 20/1.  For those with Shy, 18/1, 8 places could still be fine, but you can say that of loads of golfers.

Haas looks fine though.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #127029 on: April 06, 2017, 01:18:48 PM »

I also reckon Barney should be fave, thoughts?

Agree. Not even close.

If anyone was wondering about my Barny/Wade pick last week he's 1.7-1.8 this week vs James Wade Tongue

Would be on him vs wade this week if it wasn't his second game of the night
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #127030 on: April 06, 2017, 01:25:39 PM »

£50 on Barney 13/8 underdog vs taylor. Barney shorter odds for the outright and playing better

Agree with this. I'm on.

Barney is a shorter price for the outright because he is a shorter price than Taylor to qualify for the final four.  If they were both the same price they Taylor would be shorter for the outright.    It's like saying WBA are shorter than Soton for a top 10 finish.  Obviously because they are higher in the league.  Soton are fav for the game because they are a 'better' side.  As Nick Goff in the racing post says every friday 'the league table does lie'

I have no view on the game personally at the prices other than to say a coin flip game like this the draw is always value at 7/2 so the optimal trade if you think Barney is overpriced is to lay Taylor and not back Barney as there is always +ev in the draw in the game just based on simple maths.

£100 lay taylor then
Lonohray2

View Profile
« Reply #127031 on: April 06, 2017, 01:28:23 PM »

I also reckon Barney should be fave, thoughts?

Agree. Not even close.

If anyone was wondering about my Barny/Wade pick last week he's 1.7-1.8 this week vs James Wade Tongue

Would be on him vs wade this week if it wasn't his second game of the night

Draw no bet at evens is another option
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127032 on: April 06, 2017, 01:33:17 PM »

Outright - The Masters
Outright
EW 1/4 1,2,3,4,5   Bill Haas   90/1   
Total stake   10.00
Estimated return   572.50
Full stake   10.00
Full estimated return   572.50

My eyes are open wide
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #127033 on: April 06, 2017, 01:51:51 PM »

Barney most 180s 8/15 too oooooh

1/2 vs wade again for most 180s tonight, his second game of the night, will hopefully be piling them in instead of just the one to zero again.
Easy 1/2 though 🤑
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #127034 on: April 06, 2017, 02:12:23 PM »

Southampton have Bertrand injured, Romeu is suspended after last night, Davis picked up an injury and is very doubtful for the weekend and Gabbi may play a part from the bench but is more likely to just not make the squad.

I know we keep wanting to oppose but I think we just have to bet West Brom this weekend. I can get us on with BFSP at 11/5 if you like.

Saints were good last night and there is nothing riding on the game but, really, I just can't have that price. Someone put me off having a decent sized bet please.
Pages: 1 ... 8465 8466 8467 8468 [8469] 8470 8471 8472 8473 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: