blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:56:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272573 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8981 8982 8983 8984 [8985] 8986 8987 8988 8989 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13422403 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #134760 on: December 08, 2018, 01:12:32 PM »

http://www.starsportsbet.co.uk/bettingpeople-mike-spence/

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #134761 on: December 08, 2018, 01:19:57 PM »

Cheers

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #134762 on: December 08, 2018, 08:13:39 PM »

I am hesitant to use the word certainty

but isn't the opportunity here to back a really good thing at 4/5?

On Strictly week after week Dooley, Sugg and Tozer get masses more votes than others, it is said. never been in bottom 2.

Roberts is the best dancer in the competition but not popular. she is a ringer and has been in the bottom two last two weeks, surviving with the MOF against weaker competitors

its still judges vote for the bottom two after a dance off and that dance off vote is off dancing ability (next weeks' final votes are public only so its on popularity which is why Dooley wins much like the best dancer has been beaten by the "journey" stories in previous years)

So isn't Steadman a roaring good thing to go tomorrow night? Consistently lowest scorer of the final five couples

https://www.oddschecker.com/tv/strictly-come-dancing/next-elimination

I wrote this yesterday:

Strictly: next elimination in the semi final

This is always a fascinating market. No, really, it is.

All series, the bookies have priced it up based on who will mess up most in their dance and include some thoughts on how popular they are with the public. Rankings on judges' score get added to rankings on public vote. And when the bottom two combined scores end up in the dance off, all you need to work out is who ups their game/buckles late at night (will be 10pm ish on sat night, after a long week).

This week, the couples dance two dances (the two remaining ones they've yet to dance). The dance off will enable them to choose which dance they do of the two.

This means a couple that did one crap one and one very good one will generally beat a couple that did two good ones.

Looking at training footage this week...

Ashley does Paso and that looks superb. It suits her: she can perform and do balletic shapes with her arms and body that will really sell well. She then gets an American Smooth to a classic, Ain't That a Kick in the Head. I don't rate her footwork at all, but the judges love her. She will have a 38 minimum in one of them.

Faye's been excellent of late and I think she could well get a big score this week. Argentine Tango enables her to use her wonderful legs to good effect (the footage shows she puts her foot on Giovanni's shoulder while in hold - gulp!). Samba is hard but she has a neat hip action, though I suspect the Argentine Tango will score higher. 38 should be achievable.

Stacey's viennese waltz has the smell of a 40/40 to me. Her footwork is immaculate (with all-important big strides). She has swing and sway (which Craig loves). She also gets the charleston, which is the easiest dance (even though she's been struggling to remember it this week - don't expect that to be an issue by tomorrow night). She's fav to win for a reason.

Lauren has tango (the ballroom tango), to Nutbush City Limits (absurd song choice by the producers - very stompy and too quick). She doesn't have the power and her partner is not a good tango dancer. She also gets a samba to Rock the Boat, which is sticky in the training footage, though I suspect she's better at it than what we have been shown, as AJ just commented on it on It Takes Two to suggest she's done it a lot better. She doesn't have a 38 in her. Would require a judge swindle. More likely, she needs the public to vote for her.

This leaves Joe. He has the viennese waltz (not great, but ok) and Argentine Tango (to Red Right Hand if you're a Peaky Blinders Nick Cave fan). Both are fine, but he's not scoring big tens for these. He needs to get to the final and then he has a puncher's chance, but this is going to need public support to lock it up. He could easily find himself in the dance off.

If she gets the public vote to finish outside the bottom two, Joe could be in trouble, as he would be heads up against Ashley the Ringer (who's likely to have a 38+ there) or Faye (which could see argentine tango v argentine tango and there's no contest). He's going to struggle against both.

6/1 with ladbrokes is not a bad price for a small play. His drift in price in recent weeks might mean he's not had big votes, but if he makes the final and goes to 3/1, he will be a bet.

One final point: lauren will be in the bottom two with the judges' scores, so will need to be the most or second most popular with the public to avoid the dance off. A tie with the judges is less likely because of them dancing twice. It seems unlikely that she is most popular tomorrow, so she will do well to avoid the dance off. Then she's probably toast.

---------

10/11 seems a very big price. I wouldn't want to lay 4/6.

If you're on, you have value:

Lauren 4/7

Joe 2/1

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #134763 on: December 09, 2018, 07:51:27 PM »

There appears to be a springer in the PFA young player market.

♪ He comes from Uruguay, he's only five foot high.. ♪

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #134764 on: December 09, 2018, 10:04:59 PM »

Ronald 100/1 with Panda for SPOTY

https://www.oddschecker.com/awards/sports-personality-of-the-year/winner

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #134765 on: December 10, 2018, 03:01:19 AM »

🏟 1,395 Games Managed
🏆 FA Cup
🏆 Intertoto Cup
🎉 Play-Off Champions
🥇 Manager of the Season

🌴 23 Days in the Jungle
🐛 6 Trials Completed
👑 King of the Jungle

Click to see full-size image.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #134766 on: December 10, 2018, 08:55:13 AM »

Cheers Marky, got the MAX £5.50 on a new account. Scenes.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #134767 on: December 10, 2018, 11:27:37 AM »

Thanks Tighty and Tal for your dedication to SCD.  Wink

Had a little at 4-5 and probably helps my account not getting restricted Grin

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #134768 on: December 10, 2018, 12:35:08 PM »

I think they should intro a veto for those that score 40, from elimination.  Its a farce when Ashley keeps getting kicked. I get she has history etc, but that's not her fault, they shouldn't invite her if they know this will happen.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #134769 on: December 10, 2018, 03:42:20 PM »

Cheers Marky, got the MAX £5.50 on a new account. Scenes.

Incred pic Cheesy

Yeah, same as I got on. I only really use them for the slots bonuses, but they're slow with prices, and don't have to worry about not getting paid if you win.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #134770 on: December 10, 2018, 06:37:36 PM »

They seem to be pretty big, despite sponsoring a poor lower-league football team.

The market is taking the view that Fury won't make the shortlist of six for SPOTY. It wouldn't be a surprise tbf. They'll have to get Ronnie in there somewhere. Snooker's their only remaining sport after all.

Preview in the RFO tomorrow...

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #134771 on: December 10, 2018, 07:12:12 PM »

Amazing Ronnie has never been nominated

Chomps you are 1/10 to be closed by Panda Puff by end of the month and that is big
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #134772 on: December 10, 2018, 07:23:35 PM »

They seem to be pretty big, despite sponsoring a poor lower-league football team.

The market is taking the view that Fury won't make the shortlist of six for SPOTY. It wouldn't be a surprise tbf. They'll have to get Ronnie in there somewhere. Snooker's their only remaining sport after all.

Preview in the RFO tomorrow...

That explains the odd price on Tyson Fury finishing top 3 on betfair.   Seems the SPOTY market is a rogue's benefit this year with the late announcement of the 6 nominations.     

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #134773 on: December 10, 2018, 09:15:41 PM »

Fury has lost a couple of legs today. As Doobs says, it's looking very unlikely he's made the cut. BBC production assistants pounding the lay button harder than ESC producers on the second Friday in May.

He's got a nom in SMOTY, so that'll do it seems. Snowflakey Beeb don't want to run the risk of sexist, homophobic Tyson winning it?

Tyson OUT, Ronnie IN.

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134774 on: December 13, 2018, 08:39:39 PM »

I think Williams will score in the NFL tonight

Pages: 1 ... 8981 8982 8983 8984 [8985] 8986 8987 8988 8989 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: