blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:28:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 9115 9116 9117 9118 [9119] 9120 9121 9122 9123 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13410454 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #136770 on: October 22, 2019, 01:28:56 PM »

Worth a listen. From 5m20secs in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0009kyg

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #136771 on: October 22, 2019, 02:17:49 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07r9rrc

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #136772 on: October 22, 2019, 07:27:38 PM »

Been looking at odds for Glastonbury headliners next summer, and one bet that really stands out to me is Kasabian to headline the pyramid stage @ 12/1 with Shy Bet.

Back in 2014 they headlined the festival for the first time, just a couple of weeks after they has released their new album. Also just a week or so before their headline slot they performed a homecoming at Victoria Park in Leicester, which obviously later turned out to be a warm up gig for Glasto.

The past couple of weeks the band have been teasing a new album release for next year on social media, and have just yesterday announced the same homecoming gig in Leicester, the weekend before Glastonbury 2020.

After speaking to a few mates who are huge fans of the band believe it's a glastonbury warm up gig.

12/1 with Shy looks a very decent price, would comfortably take anything double figures and would probably still flick a 20 ball at 8's.

Feed em rice.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #136773 on: October 22, 2019, 07:39:34 PM »

Been looking at odds for Glastonbury headliners next summer, and one bet that really stands out to me is Kasabian to headline the pyramid stage @ 12/1 with Shy Bet.

Back in 2014 they headlined the festival for the first time, just a couple of weeks after they has released their new album. Also just a week or so before their headline slot they performed a homecoming at Victoria Park in Leicester, which obviously later turned out to be a warm up gig for Glasto.

The past couple of weeks the band have been teasing a new album release for next year on social media, and have just yesterday announced the same homecoming gig in Leicester, the weekend before Glastonbury 2020.

After speaking to a few mates who are huge fans of the band believe it's a glastonbury warm up gig.

12/1 with Shy looks a very decent price, would comfortably take anything double figures and would probably still flick a 20 ball at 8's.

The Leicester gig is their ''only UK show in 2020''.
I know bands sometimes tell porkies but if they are to be believed then Glasto looks to be a non-starter?

Best Bitter.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #136774 on: October 22, 2019, 07:45:42 PM »

The Leicester gig is their ''only UK show in 2020''.
I know bands sometimes tell porkies but if they are to be believed then Glasto looks to be a non-starter?

Perhaps so, but with the secrecy surrounding Glastonbury headliners I wouldn't be at all surprised if the "only uk show" is being used to throw everybody off the scent!

Take it as you will, but a very good point.

Feed em rice.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #136775 on: October 22, 2019, 08:20:20 PM »

Is there a chance Sergio no more than rotates the starting role with Jesus in the PL the rest of the season we think hhyyyfytrr?

Plays all the CL and Cup games, and starts his wind-down in the PL? Have already sold his PL goals at a crazy 27, might be tempted to go again.

Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136776 on: October 22, 2019, 10:46:53 PM »

Is there a chance Sergio no more than rotates the starting role with Jesus in the PL the rest of the season we think hhyyyfytrr?

Plays all the CL and Cup games, and starts his wind-down in the PL? Have already sold his PL goals at a crazy 27, might be tempted to go again.

I thought you meant Sergio from Kasabian at first.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #136777 on: October 22, 2019, 11:11:45 PM »

It's so hard to call.

This does feel like a 'passing of the torch' season for Aguero/Jesus. Our record with Jesus playing is really good, and I think Pep is conscious of him getting a bit restless/impatient. He's more than ready to lead the line for us.

But Aguero is an enigma. People will start to write him off, then he'll go and bang in 10 goals in 5 games. His injury record has improved in the last year or 2 as well, which in theory should prolong his time with us.

My instinct is that he'll still start more often than not this season, then move to be the understudy role for Jesus from 20/21, and either move back to Argentina end of next season or possibly one more year to 21/22 which will give him a decade at City.

Kompany left last season, Merlin end of this season, Fernandinho probably leaves end of next season, maybe with Aguero. End of a beautiful era Sad

Edit; just realised I didn't really answer the Q. Yes, I think he does somewhat rotate but still starts the majority of games across all comps.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 11:13:38 PM by hhyftrftdr » Logged

Best Bitter.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #136778 on: October 22, 2019, 11:22:31 PM »

Good stuff. Nobody really knows in this case except Pep I guess, but 27-28 PL goals was absurd.

PP's 15-2 and Sky's 7-1 about Raheem for PFA POTY looks rather ambitious after tonight's hat-trick. He'll wind up with 30 for the season barring injury.

bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #136779 on: October 25, 2019, 01:52:25 PM »

Peter-27, couls you explain the aid that renault had which got them disqualified please? Also how the hell the other teams play d up on it?

Will it affect them going forward or is it a simple fix going forward?
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #136780 on: October 26, 2019, 12:29:32 AM »

Peter-27, couls you explain the aid that renault had which got them disqualified please? Also how the hell the other teams play d up on it?

It's actually a story that's still developing. There's a lot of uncertainty in the paddock right now about this.

Effectively, during pre-season testing, F1 released a YouTube video which was an on-board lap of Daniel Ricciardo. Renault were unhappy about this because it clearly shows one of their innovations through a display on the steering wheel. However, as no-one spotted it, Renault didn't say anything. The innovation is an automatic system for changing brake bias depending on circuit position. Brake bias is basically a system which changes the amount of breaking force front-to-rear.

One member of staff recently moved from Renault to Racing Point, and that member of staff blew the whistle on the innovation. Racing Point appealed to the FIA under the basis that it's an automatic driver aid, which are banned, and won the appeal which got Renault disqualified from the Japanese GP.

The outstanding questions now are;

- When Racing Point appeal against all previous races, not just the Japanese GP, will the FIA disqualify Renault from all previous events? It's rare for the FIA to change results once they have been signed off by the stewards, but, this is a clear breach of the rules.

- Will Renault sue the employee who blew the whistle for breaking their non-disclosure agreement.

I'm really interested to see how this will play out. Unfortunately, I am unable to find any spots where we can take advantage at the bookies though. The F1 markets are generally quite well priced at the moment, which is fairly typical at this stage of the season.

bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #136781 on: October 26, 2019, 01:46:40 AM »

It's actually a story that's still developing. There's a lot of uncertainty in the paddock right now about this.

Effectively, during pre-season testing, F1 released a YouTube video which was an on-board lap of Daniel Ricciardo. Renault were unhappy about this because it clearly shows one of their innovations through a display on the steering wheel. However, as no-one spotted it, Renault didn't say anything. The innovation is an automatic system for changing brake bias depending on circuit position. Brake bias is basically a system which changes the amount of breaking force front-to-rear.

One member of staff recently moved from Renault to Racing Point, and that member of staff blew the whistle on the innovation. Racing Point appealed to the FIA under the basis that it's an automatic driver aid, which are banned, and won the appeal which got Renault disqualified from the Japanese GP.

- When Racing Point appeal against all previous races, not just the Japanese GP, will the FIA disqualify Renault from all previous events? It's rare for the FIA to change results once they have been signed off by the stewards, but, this is a clear breach of the rules.

- Will Renault sue the employee who blew the whistle for breaking their non-disclosure agreement.

I'm really interested to see how this will play out. Unfortunately, I am unable to find any spots where we can take advantage at the bookies though. The F1 markets are generally quite well priced at the moment, which is fairly typical at this stage of the season.

Happily you understood what i was trying to ask but failed miserably at typing out lol.

Any idea how it works specifically? Are you saying the driver pressed a buttom & that in turn set the bias for that corner/section of track?

Surely the employee should have had the standard 6month or so gardening leave before being able to join a rival team?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #136782 on: October 26, 2019, 11:50:44 AM »

Jesus starts ahead of Sergio again today. Think we all know what to do here.

Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #136783 on: October 27, 2019, 06:23:49 PM »

Happily you understood what i was trying to ask but failed miserably at typing out lol.

Any idea how it works specifically? Are you saying the driver pressed a buttom & that in turn set the bias for that corner/section of track?

Surely the employee should have had the standard 6month or so gardening leave before being able to join a rival team?

No, a driver pressing a button to manually operate the brake bias is legal, and what everyone has been doing for years. This is an automatic system based on GPS track location, the fact it's automatic is what breaks the rules.

I believe the notice period for the employee in question was only one month. Not sure if they were put on gardening leave or not, but that wouldn't have made a difference considering that this "innovation" was conceptualised in January.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #136784 on: October 27, 2019, 08:28:55 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-merseyside-50195398/ex-liverpool-player-stephen-darby-on-fight-with-brutal-disease
Pages: 1 ... 9115 9116 9117 9118 [9119] 9120 9121 9122 9123 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: