blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:15:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274191 Posts in 66765 Topics by 16956 Members
Latest Member: indianrenters
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 3274 3275 3276 3277 [3278] 3279 3280 3281 3282 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 14113107 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49155 on: August 19, 2013, 10:40:08 AM »

"Two up with five to play never wins" is an old golfing match-play adage.

Unfortunately it came true again last night as Lizzie Salas could only come up with a halved match after looking the likely winner throughout.

Back to the drawing-board.

I thought she was astounding on the greens, though I fell asleep during the weather-interrupt & missed the rest of it.

Prior to that, hole after hole she seemed to have a knee-trembling 6 or 8 footer to halve, & maintain her 2 hole lead, & she nailed every one.

Very impressive, I thought.

The lass Charley Hull was the Solheim Sensation though, she absolutely crushed. What a future she has. She gave me the impression of being as hard as nails, emotionless, a born winner if ever I saw one. 17 years old? Jeez.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #49156 on: August 19, 2013, 10:41:41 AM »

Very happy to take any 9/2 Trading Leather 1,2,3 with 6 runners, even if it were now 10/1 1,2.

Anyone wishing to green out of this one you know where to find me.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #49157 on: August 19, 2013, 10:43:10 AM »

The saints x1 also had 4 players from the league one side

Quite a mix
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #49158 on: August 19, 2013, 10:43:58 AM »

In different news Monty being released from Sussex at the end of the season

"Sussex chief exec Zac Toumazi says this will give Panesar every opportunity to put his personal and professional life back on track."
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #49159 on: August 19, 2013, 10:44:55 AM »

Al Kazeem's great-grandfather is Shirley Heights. Given the short racing career a horse gets, I suppose I was wrongly surprised to see a derby winner from 35 years ago so close in line.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49160 on: August 19, 2013, 10:45:16 AM »

The saints x1 also had 4 players from the league one side

Quite a mix

With Shaw, Lallana, Schnederlin, Lambert etc I find them quite difficult to funk against

Will do my best though!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #49161 on: August 19, 2013, 10:46:54 AM »

Unfortunately it came true again last night as Lizzie Salas could only come up with a halved match after looking the likely winner throughout.

I thought she was astounding on the greens, though I fell asleep during the weather-interrupt & missed the rest of it.

Prior to that, hole after hole she seemed to have a knee-trembling 6 or 8 footer to halve, & maintain her 2 hole lead, & she nailed every one.

The lass Charley Hull was the Solheim Sensation though, she absolutely crushed. What a future she has. She gave me the impression of being as hard as nails, emotionless, a born winner if ever I saw one. 17 years old? Jeez.

Charlie Hull was undoubtedly sensational and has apparently "never got upset on the golf-course" according to her dad. Potential superstar.

But what about Caroline Hedwall?

The first woman to win all five matches in the Solheim Cup. I think this could really be the making of her as she's failed to impress in her first eighteen months on the LPGA tour and this should give her a massive confidence boost.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49162 on: August 19, 2013, 10:49:56 AM »

Nicola cortese led a team of wealthy investors, buying Southampton out of admin. Two promotions and 36m of spend this off-season, cortese has designs on the top six. Very ambitious club now

We should have backed them.
I did spot the value but too late fred was already on us going down
Keep on seeing posts regretting this Southampton bet (to go down), yet the price doesn't seem to be getting a mention....now we have one that says there's "value" in backing them. Been thinking this every time I read one of these posts....this is pretty ice creamy thinking.

If you regret backing Southampton to go down coz u don't think they will, I take it u won't be interested in pressing if I offer u 100/1 on them to get relegated? Want any at 1000/1, or is the fact u don't see it happening still make it a bad bet?

Similarly, if Ironside has spotted value in backing Southampton to make the top 6, I'm laying as much as u want at 1/100....fill your boots, value like this is hard to spot.

I didn't suggest backing Southampton to go down, but I did think it was a price I wouldn't fancy laying at 10/1. Presumably u boys who think it was a bad bet think the price on Southampton to go down should have been, what, 16/1? 20s? Now they've had the best possible start, an away win coupled with all the relegation rivals losing, what would u lay, 25s?
I'll have a quid on saints to go down at 50s if your offering even with my saints tinted specs on I cant resist the value plus I rarely bet on own team as they alway let me down I would love them to let me down here. I totally understand why at time fred went with relegation bet. I wasnt very active on thread missed in and a cpl of weeks later spotted and posted a bet I thought had value in saints for top half. With the squad they had and players coming in I thought was value I wouldnt back them at evens for top 10 then as that was likely there true odds but bookies were offering somewhere nearer 2.5 if you want to offer me 10-1 I will have a quid with you that way I just need to avoid 11-17 spots which is likely where they will end up at the top end of that range

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49163 on: August 19, 2013, 11:56:23 AM »

Very happy to take any 9/2 Trading Leather 1,2,3 with 6 runners, even if it were now 10/1 1,2.

Anyone wishing to green out of this one you know where to find me.

REBUFFED

Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49164 on: August 19, 2013, 11:58:32 AM »

Charlie Hull was undoubtedly sensational and has apparently "never got upset on the golf-course" according to her dad. Potential superstar.

But what about Caroline Hedwall?

The first woman to win all five matches in the Solheim Cup. I think this could really be the making of her as she's failed to impress in her first eighteen months on the LPGA tour and this should give her a massive confidence boost.

Yup, another astounding success.

Pretty sure Fred backed her once or twice last year, maybe at your suggestion.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49165 on: August 19, 2013, 11:59:45 AM »

"Sussex chief exec Zac Toumazi says this will give Panesar every opportunity to put his personal and professional life back on track."

I have seen his off-field issues alluded to here from time to time.

Are the stories true, or just spin?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49166 on: August 19, 2013, 12:06:33 PM »

Al Kazeem's great-grandfather is Shirley Heights. Given the short racing career a horse gets, I suppose I was wrongly surprised to see a derby winner from 35 years ago so close in line.

If we want to get into bloodlines & the like, Shirley Heights may just have been the last Derby winner to be sired by a Derby winner (Mill Reef) & to sire a Derby Winner (Slip Anchor).

Pretty impressive pedigree, too, tracing back to Never Bend - Nasrullah - Nearco - Pharos.

To breed the best, put the best to the best. In theory, that is.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #49167 on: August 19, 2013, 12:06:56 PM »

Very good

Michael Vaughan has mentioned them a few times on the wireless going back a while.

And i have heard second hand that he is a regular visitor to some Sussex nightspots.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49168 on: August 19, 2013, 12:08:17 PM »

Very good

Michael Vaughan has mentioned them a few times on the wireless going back a while.

And i have heard second hand that he is a regular visitor to some Sussex nightspots.

Hmm, no worries, I'll find the answer on googly.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #49169 on: August 19, 2013, 12:24:15 PM »

Have you hired Barry Cryer to post for you or something?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 3274 3275 3276 3277 [3278] 3279 3280 3281 3282 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: