blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:48:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273071 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 3298 3299 3300 3301 [3302] 3303 3304 3305 3306 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13607772 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #49515 on: August 21, 2013, 09:18:13 AM »

"The only horse I have an eye on for a free Ladbrokes bet is Foundry in the 3.05.  Seems to have come a long way given that they could probably find a softer race in Ireland... "

says the post.....

Ok we'll go for it.  It is best price beats Betfair and we get best odds guaranteed.  It is in the Telescope race too, just add to the general confusion.

Free £25 bet on Foundry in the 3.05.  Take the 8/1 with Ladbrokes.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49516 on: August 21, 2013, 09:19:40 AM »

Not forgotten the other Doobs bet, on the way. Spinning a lot of plates here.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #49517 on: August 21, 2013, 09:23:12 AM »

Al Kazeem has been weak most of its runs this season

Just a very un sexy horse as opposed to the Hannon/Hughes media machine were everything Hughsie sits on is a superstar

Ladbrokes are offering £25 back if you back a horse in the Juddmonte and Al Kazeem wins.  They are best of the bookies on Toronado at 13/8, so we must bet that too.  

FWIW you can beat 7/4 on Betfair, but the bookies are a bit like the Saint and Greavsie sketch earlier when it comes to mentioning Betfair.  

The only horse I have an eye on for a free Ladbrokes bet is Foundry in the 3.05.  Seems to have come a long way given that they could probably find a softer race in Ireland...

Thanks. Try explaning THAT to Dreenie......

We have £25 @ 13/8, Toronado, 3.05 York. FREE £25 BET if Al Kazeem wins.

ON

Toronado
15:40

13/8

Singles - Race Winner

1 line @ £25.0 per line
Total Stake £25.00

Potential Return £65.62

Receipt No: O/142640973/0000400

Might try to explain it all later.  Got the two nippers with me.  Better not mention Trading Leather!  All makes sense in my head.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #49518 on: August 21, 2013, 09:24:53 AM »

Racing against older horses last time too, back against his own age now?

Still clutching at the slim hope that it runs well tomorrow, and then he decides to supplement it for the St. Leger.

Racing against his own age group is probably tougher at this time of year tbh.

The Voltigeur is a recognised Leger trial, so who knows? If he bolts up today and looks like he'll get further, a supplementary entry for Doncaster wouldn't surprise at all.

I'll happily use a one time today then. I topped up on him with spoilsports when he bolted up at Leicester, they were still laying 12s when all around were best.

Tikay is on with me too, so hopefully he'll be giving it some around the front room as they come down the final straight!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49519 on: August 21, 2013, 09:26:48 AM »

"The only horse I have an eye on for a free Ladbrokes bet is Foundry in the 3.05.  Seems to have come a long way given that they could probably find a softer race in Ireland... "

says the post.....

Ok we'll go for it.  It is best price beats Betfair and we get best odds guaranteed.  It is in the Telescope race too, just add to the general confusion.

Free £25 bet on Foundry in the 3.05.  Take the 8/1 with Ladbrokes.

I had a real struggle finding how to activate the "Free £25 Bet", but I got there eventually.

We have a £25 "FREE BET", Foundry, 3.05 York, Ladbrokes.

ON

Foundry
15:05

Singles - Race Winner

1 line @ £25.0 per line
Total Stake £25.00

Potential Return £225.00

Receipt No: O/142640973/0000401

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49520 on: August 21, 2013, 09:29:19 AM »

Still clutching at the slim hope that it runs well tomorrow, and then he decides to supplement it for the St. Leger.

The Voltigeur is a recognised Leger trial, so who knows? If he bolts up today and looks like he'll get further, a supplementary entry for Doncaster wouldn't surprise at all.

I'll happily use a one time today then. I topped up on him with spoilsports when he bolted up at Leicester, they were still laying 12s when all around were best.

Tikay is on with me too, so hopefully he'll be giving it some around the front room as they come down the final straight!

Remind me please, Marky. Did I have it on credit, & how much? Just so I know, in case I have to settle up with you this afternoon. Alternatively, just send me a bucket of money if it wins. Wink

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #49521 on: August 21, 2013, 09:34:28 AM »

Anyone explain why Arsenal been well backed on bf and are 2.6 solid v 2.94 Fenebache but sporting index has it as a "pickem" game where you can buy or sell both sides at 0.1 or -0.1

Not very often spreads wrong but seems to me someone asleep here

I'm guessing here but is there any factors that the spread guys need to factor in because it is a 2 legged game?  eg If Arsenal go 1-0 up they'll just shut up shop whereas Fenerbache would want to press on and get 2-0 as they are at home first.  So it's one of those skewed probability distibutions which only effect the spreads.  It's like the batsmen runs when the fixed odds under/overs should be lower than the spread because the outlier when a batsman scores 300 only effects the spreads and is irrelevant to the fixed odds.  If they were the same you would buy spread and go unders every player and you'd clean up in the long term if you figured out the correct fixed odds stake to use?

On the other hand I might be talking garbage and Spin have just mispriced.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #49522 on: August 21, 2013, 09:37:22 AM »

Remind me please, Marky. Did I have it on credit, & how much? Just so I know, in case I have to settle up with you this afternoon. Alternatively, just send me a bucket of money if it wins. Wink

Before anyone rushes to back it for the Leger.  It was in a lot of Leger lists and then removed, so it is reasonable to assume Stoute made a considered judgement not to enter him.  He could get supplemented, but it is a way off.  Obv great for thread if he wins easily today and Stoute immediately confirms a likely supplementary entry.  Though 2nd to Foundry wouldn't be so bad either!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49523 on: August 21, 2013, 09:48:14 AM »

I'm thinking of encouraging Fred to have some fun with an NFL season long points line but need some help with a team. As a for instance, the line for the Bills is 316-360 and you can go over, under or somewhere in that range.

I read an article suggesting that the Bills could surprise with offence this season and that's the kind of thing that's needed to get a winner.

Points lines must a nightmare for the bookies, especially with so much transition in the leagues each season. Can we get a sweat going where we have a running points total over 16 Monday mornings?

Doesn't have to be the Bills obviously. I think what we are looking for is a team with a better than expected offence in a division with overrated defences. First thought was the Bengals but I think we've kind of covered that already.

Any intelligent views?

Season Point Spreads are offered by Bet 365, they are under season specials at http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl-specials

16 games

A team expected to be poor might be offered at 325-340 points over the season and you can go over, under or in the middle of the quoted range

The New England Patriots, with Brady etc, are up around 450 points

Its basically a bet around 6/4+ each of the three options

I haven't had a chance to look at every team

I concentrated on those Where I thought the pivot price/range might be too low

I excluded teams that

- play outside in the North. Bad weather from November onwards wouldn't want me going overs on points
- play against teams that play outside in the North 
- teams with 2+ top notch defenses in their division. As you ahve to play six divisional games

I included

- unfashionable teams where Bet365 might know less than I do. Thats every team actually, but humour me
- Teams that were poor last year that might turn round
- Teams that play in good weather at home

Name me three Tennessee Titans players Tal.....go on, take your time....

The Titans are the Middlesborough of the NFL. Even if you are from Middlesborough, you might not go to watch them and if you aren't, they invoke a feeling of "meh, so what" in NFL fans

They have been a struggling team

What has changed from last year?

They have invested heaviliy in their Offensive Line including a no 1 draft choice in the most brutal guard you will see on a field this year, Chance Warmack

All this is designed to create holes for their running back Chris Johnson, who has had two down years but is poised to bounce back

Their best WR Kenny Britt has been injured off and on for two years. He is a good one. they drafted Kendall Wright in the first round last year and Justin Hunter in the second round this year at WR and teams can't double cover all of them, that assumes the new ones "make it"

The QB Jake Locker is maturing

Expectations are low. I do not expect them to hit the play offs but

- they play in good weather
- they play Houston, Indy and Jags in their division. Only Houston is a top 10 defense
- their schedule, as befits a bad team last year, looks ok in terms of some high scoring games

they get the Broncos division in the AFC which has 2 bad teams in it
In bad news, they get the 49ers division in the NFC

Over 354 at 17/10

http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl-specials/tennessee-titans/season-points

They scored 321 points last season in winning six games

In seven of the 16 games they scored less than 20 points

reduce those and 354 or above becomes a possibility. I think if the OL really does create holes for Johnson and with Britt fully fit plus two other high draft choice receivers they might

Up to you Tal, this is the sort of process I would go through to find a team for this sort of bet

Any fool could tell you the Patriots will score 400+, but you need a surprise thats not in prices

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #49524 on: August 21, 2013, 09:53:21 AM »

Just a reminder: If anyone is thinking about testing the "Chelsea to win 1-0 or 2-0" theory, Ladbrokes are the most generously priced for tomorrow's game against Villa, with odds of 8/1 and 13/2 respectively. I seem to recall 1-0 being theoretically priced at around 5/1 and 2-0 at around 6/1 (or was it the other way around) on Fred a few days back, meaning a smidgen of value.

for betfair users: Id expect that scoreline to happen sooner rather than later. villa aint great at the back and have conceded in 20+ straight PL games.  waiting for goals then backing unders or cs could be of interest.

not looked yet but it sounds like BE may of selected over 2.5 in this game.

For those not aware, "BE" = "Betting Emporium", a site upon which Joe Beevers, Lord Grumpy, & other luminaries of the sports betting world, offer tips & advice. One of their specialities is "Over 2.5 goals", where they got off to a cracking three from three start last weekend.

To find out if they really have selected "Over 2.5 goals" in tonight's game, or any other game, visit their site, which is here.....

http://www.bettingemporium.com/

Registration (required to see the tips & wordy bits) is currently free.

correct, you could say anyone betting on the game should take a look at the site beforehand Wink
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49525 on: August 21, 2013, 10:04:59 AM »

For punters, you could do worse than back Australia to win if and only if they win the toss at around 3-1

Not a thread recomendation, we have our sweats, but it looks a perfect wicket and whoever wins the toss should win (not that this series has always gone accordng to plan)

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #49526 on: August 21, 2013, 10:06:17 AM »

£20 on Telescope for the St. Leger @ 14/1, that we backed ages ago with Sidney. It's on life support at the moment because we're not even entered into the race, however, as Chompy said earlier, if he wins well today it gives us hope that he may be supplemented.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49527 on: August 21, 2013, 10:07:15 AM »

and I gather Kerrigan plays. If he plays ahead of Swann you'll hear my tantrum from where you are sat....

we've been here before with England team selections though, ref Onions-gate at Durham

My eyes are open wide
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #49528 on: August 21, 2013, 10:10:58 AM »

1st innings good for run scoring Tighty?  A need Trott and Watson to get about 200 each to get me level for the series Wink
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #49529 on: August 21, 2013, 10:12:11 AM »

Brilliant write up, Mr TightEnd. You said name three Titans and I thought "well that's easy! Locker, obviously. Then they've signed Fitzpatrick from the Bills. So just need one more...er..."

Would be fun if we need 24 points in the last game or something like that.

Shall we?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 3298 3299 3300 3301 [3302] 3303 3304 3305 3306 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: