blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:39:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272578 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 4106 4107 4108 4109 [4110] 4111 4112 4113 4114 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13428723 times)
Rubbish2407

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61635 on: December 15, 2013, 11:07:54 AM »

Thought a few of the Cricket/Stat geeks might like this.

"The Full Eso Kral": To back every possible outcome in an event and lose whatever happens.
Keith Hawkins 10/01/2014
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #61636 on: December 15, 2013, 11:14:42 AM »

Natalie's salsa was pretty immense tbf (Just watching the show now. Half way through). Susanna's foxtrot was really good, too. I like a good, technical one and that had lots of content in it. I didn't care for Abbey's samba but I think that was the choreography, really.

Always worth remembering which dances they will be choosing for the final. Sophie will have Charleston as latin and Quickstep as ballroom. Susanna has her Paso and one of a few ballroom dances. The point is, those are crowd pleasing dances = votes. If they get to the final, I think that is my 1-2.

It is worth saying it is so difficult for the one male celeb left. When Sophie is dancing ballroom with Brendan, you will see he has his right hand slightly off her back. He then pushes it in when there's a change of direction or an important bit coming up. He does this with all his celeb partners. It is much easier to get swing and sway when the person leading the dance - the man - is a professional dancer. Patrick is at a huge disadvantage in that respect.

Make no bones about it, though: Natalie is the best dancer.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 11:16:57 AM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #61637 on: December 15, 2013, 11:19:38 AM »

Morning Mr T.

In today's Heineken cup I fancy Harlequins to put in another strong performance against the CESM's.  They had a must win game away versus the same opponents last week and beat them 32-8. The market that I like is the handicap and I think Harlequins will cover the 7 point  handicap. If the 7 point market, only available with Coral, doesn't last then the widely available 8 points is fine too.

Suggest £ 22 Harlequins -7 points @ 10/11 with Coral.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61638 on: December 15, 2013, 11:23:15 AM »

Morning Mr T.

In today's Heineken cup I fancy Harlequins to put in another strong performance against the CESM's.  They had a must win game away versus the same opponents last week and beat them 32-8. The market that I like is the handicap and I think Harlequins will cover the 7 point  handicap. If the 7 point market, only available with Coral, doesn't last then the widely available 8 points is fine too.

Nice one hector, thank you, let's see if we can go 2 from 2 in RL bets this weekend. Might even get a mention in tomorrow's Daily Report.

BET PLACED

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Rubbish2407

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61639 on: December 15, 2013, 11:54:09 AM »

Morning Mr T.

Nice one hector, thank you, let's see if we can go 2 from 2 in RL bets this weekend. Might even get a mention in tomorrow's Daily Report.

BET PLACED

Not sure if you're messing with us but it's Rugby Union not League.

"The Full Eso Kral": To back every possible outcome in an event and lose whatever happens.
Keith Hawkins 10/01/2014
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61640 on: December 15, 2013, 12:01:47 PM »

Morning Mr T.

BET PLACED

Not sure if you're messing with us but it's Rugby Union not League.

Nah, not messing, I just about know the difference, just a single letter Typo.

I'll try be more careful in future. Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61641 on: December 15, 2013, 12:02:36 PM »

Thought a few of the Cricket/Stat geeks might like this.

That's both spooky & extraordinary.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #61642 on: December 15, 2013, 12:05:13 PM »

Second half didn't change much. Patrick is going to struggle. Natalie is the best dancer but I can't see her winning. I think I'm in the minority with Aljaž's choreography because I don't really get it, but Abbey is twice the dancer she was a couple of months ago. Susanna and Patrick had their most problematic latin dances (in the sense that they were the ones most likely to expose their technical weaknesses), which is a good thing in that they won't have to dance them again (in the dance off, you get to do your highest scoring dance), but there's little margin for error in the semifinals. Sophie looks safe to me. She's been good enough for a while and, if I understand correctly, she gets a solid amount of votes.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #61643 on: December 15, 2013, 12:08:35 PM »

Second half didn't change much. Patrick is going to struggle. Natalie is the best dancer but I can't see her winning. I think I'm in the minority with Aljaž's choreography because I don't really get it, but Abbey is twice the dancer she was a couple of months ago. Susanna and Patrick had their most problematic latin dances (in the sense that they were the ones most likely to expose their technical weaknesses), which is a good thing in that they won't have to dance them again (in the dance off, you get to do your highest scoring dance), but there's little margin for error in the semifinals. Sophie looks safe to me. She's been good enough for a while and, if I understand correctly, she gets a solid amount of votes.

To my eye and I maybe wrong here, but Natalie does seem very arrogant at times. I don't know why and I can't describe it, but I just think it? I'd like Susanna and Kevin to win, they just seem so good together.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #61644 on: December 15, 2013, 12:21:11 PM »

To my eye and I maybe wrong here, but Natalie does seem very arrogant at times. I don't know why and I can't describe it, but I just think it? I'd like Susanna and Kevin to win, they just seem so good together.

The voice of the people.

You've hit the nail on the head, Aaron. This is the problem or the attraction (depending on how you look at it) of the show: how you come across when you aren't dancing is just as important as when you are.

Everyone has their own take on the contestants but it seems from the public votes that your opinion isn't just your own.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #61645 on: December 15, 2013, 12:35:39 PM »

The voice of the people.

You've hit the nail on the head, Aaron. This is the problem or the attraction (depending on how you look at it) of the show: how you come across when you aren't dancing is just as important as when you are.

Everyone has their own take on the contestants but it seems from the public votes that your opinion isn't just your own.

Fan thread is in the lounge.  It is probably a good place to discuss anything you know about the public vote, and the discrepancy with the polls. 

Can we discuss the last 4 and any related bets yet? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #61646 on: December 15, 2013, 12:38:22 PM »

Surely just a few days until Doobs get his moderator badge, surely?
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #61647 on: December 15, 2013, 12:49:58 PM »

Can we discuss the last 4 and any related bets yet?

You know the answer to that. Stop being mischievous or I'll start picking you up on modal verb misuse

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61648 on: December 15, 2013, 01:03:27 PM »

does anyone have a view on who WBA might look at post Clarke?

I ask because of this

http://www.skybet.com/football/manager-specials/event/15997632?aff_id=7945&dcmp=snt-bet-football-1412-nextwestbrommanager-TW

I regard it as highly unlikely that WBA will go for Di Matteo again. For starters, he is being paid £137,000 a week by Chelsea until the end of June 2014. This would be "dead money" for WBA, not the most frivoulous of spenders, in any contract negotiatons.

Yet DiMatteo is favourite

Martin Jol is second favourite. Largely it seems on him having played for WBA 30 years ago. Not sure his recent record will be one the WBA directors are clamouring over getting on board

So, if we accept that its 8/1 the field. There has to be value somewhere and we probably won't know where until weight of money moves the market

I ask a couple of questions

- Now that Celtic are out of the CL, and Lennon really has nothing left to achieve in Scotland, would he be looking to the Premier League (presumably he will for his next job, but timing?) punt at 25-1 anyone?

- WBA interviewed Ralf Rangwick the ex Schalke boss, post Hodgson and before Clarke.Since when Rangwick was linked to Everton and Sunderland. There would be no compensation to  pay to an existing club

Journalist Raphael Honigstein expressed doubts about his taking up the reins at West Brom (May 2012) on the grounds that perhaps he would be looking for a bigger club to go back into full time management. However those bigger opportunities have passed him by

Pin money sweat at 8-1 anyone?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #61649 on: December 15, 2013, 01:08:17 PM »

fancy the name is not on the list yet

Reckon they may go foreign ala southampton not sure on a name yet

Rangwick might well go shorter (he has been nibbled for at least 4 jobs in the last six months) but i think you need bigger than 8-1

Pages: 1 ... 4106 4107 4108 4109 [4110] 4111 4112 4113 4114 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: