blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 03:56:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272954 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 4959 4960 4961 4962 [4963] 4964 4965 4966 4967 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13588660 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #74430 on: April 14, 2014, 09:22:32 PM »

Interesting Masters chat guys but I find it a bit strange tbh, I watched some of the Liverpool game yesterday and at one point the highest scorer in the league pushed the ball past an opponent and just threw himself on the floor. He got up and pointed his finger at the opponent shouting fuck you, he then set off after the ref again shouting fuck you, fuck you because his cheating hadn't got him a free kick. Nobody seems to bat an eyelid at that but Jordan Speith smacks a bit of grass with his club after a bad shot and it's bad etiquette, bad for the game, makes him look bad.  Thankfully his shirt was tucked in so he didn't get charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

Anyway, a few interesting stats that might be handy to remember going forward

9 of the last 11 Masters winners were in the top ten after round 1 ( the other 2 were Tiger and Mickelson)
10 of the last 11 winners were in the top 10 after round 2 (Schwartzel was tied 12th)
Last 11 winners were tied 4th or better going into the last round.

The front 6 after round three this year were the final top 6. It's a course that is difficult to come from behind on and possibly because the par fives are giving up shots and the harder holes are being made tougher with some pin placements . They might have asked a child to pick Fridays pins this year tho my favourite pins were on the 3rd hole that is basically shaped like Mr Greedy and the pin possies they used were  Mr Greedy's eye, belly button and arsehole so maybe a child with an eye for anatomical comedy picked them on  more than one day.

The belly button pin placement on three from a few years ago. I need to get out more.

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2011/04/masters-snapshot-sundays-pin-placements.html

« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:28:11 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #74431 on: April 14, 2014, 09:30:21 PM »

It's because golf is a gentlemans game and has standards......football..not so much. What's not to understand?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #74432 on: April 14, 2014, 09:33:40 PM »

I blame John Lennon.

http://www.beatlesbible.com/1963/06/21/john-lennons-assault-of-bob-wooler-reaches-the-national-press/

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #74433 on: April 14, 2014, 09:38:31 PM »

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74434 on: April 14, 2014, 09:42:42 PM »

Gerrard seems 5/4 to be drawing almost dead? If England won the world cup wouldn't the team get it? Or would the captain/best player be awarded?

There is a team award.

SPOTY is for an individual. Gerrard would be most likely to get it if we won the world cup as captain.

" if we won the World Cup"............

Smiley

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #74435 on: April 14, 2014, 09:43:10 PM »

looks like me at the start of diet thread!
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #74436 on: April 14, 2014, 09:45:29 PM »

looks like me at the start of diet thread!

Looks like me now.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74437 on: April 14, 2014, 09:46:03 PM »

Interesting Masters chat guys but I find it a bit strange tbh, I watched some of the Liverpool game yesterday and at one point the highest scorer in the league pushed the ball past an opponent and just threw himself on the floor. He got up and pointed his finger at the opponent shouting fuck you, he then set off after the ref again shouting fuck you, fuck you because his cheating hadn't got him a free kick. Nobody seems to bat an eyelid at that but Jordan Speith smacks a bit of grass with his club after a bad shot and it's bad etiquette, bad for the game, makes him look bad.  Thankfully his shirt was tucked in so he didn't get charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

9 of the last 11 Masters winners were in the top ten after round 1 ( the other 2 were Tiger and Mickelson)
10 of the last 11 winners were in the top 10 after round 2 (Schwartzel was tied 12th)

The front 6 after round three this year were the final top 6. It's a course that is difficult to come from behind on and possibly because the par fives are giving up shots and the harder holes are being made tougher with some pin placements . They might have asked a child to pick Fridays pins this year tho my favourite pins were on the 3rd hole that is basically shaped like Mr Greedy and the pin possies they used were  Mr Greedy's eye, belly button and arsehole so maybe a child with an eye for anatomical comedy picked them on  more than one day.

The belly button pin placement on three from a few years ago. I need to get out more.

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2011/04/masters-snapshot-sundays-pin-placements.html

Lol @ the Mr Greedy references. Glad Posh Bloke posted the picture, had never heard of him.

Think you deffo need to get out more Phil. Do you always equate pin possies to cartoon characters?

Mind boggling........

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #74438 on: April 14, 2014, 09:46:07 PM »

my diet thread start was 10 days ago so not much difference!
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #74439 on: April 14, 2014, 09:53:45 PM »

It's because golf is a gentlemans game and has standards......football..not so much. What's not to understand?

Sure but the thing I don't get is how football has fallen so low and it is just accepted as being overrun with bad behaviour and bad sportsmanship but golf is still so stuffy that hitting the floor with a club is seen as so bad. I guess n the grand scheme of sporting misdemeanors it just seems a bit of a do about nothing to me.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #74440 on: April 14, 2014, 09:58:24 PM »

John Lennon, tho.

Anyway, Bobby, you'll like this:

http://theaposition.com/anthonypioppi/blog/976/cartoon-character-as-inspiration-for-a-green-design

And love this:

http://www.golfvacationinsider.com/golf-vacation-travel/bunkers-6426

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #74441 on: April 14, 2014, 09:58:38 PM »

Lol @ the Mr Greedy references. Glad Posh Bloke posted the picture, had never heard of him.

Think you deffo need to get out more Phil. Do you always equate pin possies to cartoon characters?

Mind boggling........

Not always but further proof I need to get out more from the weekend was in a conversation about a website called Asianbabes.com I called it asianhandicaps.com to much ridicule about how my mind prioritised these things.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #74442 on: April 14, 2014, 09:59:10 PM »

To be fair everyone knows Luis Suarez is not the greatest example of humanity and am sure I am not alone in despairing at the way footballers act on the pitch. This has been discussed ad nauseam in the media etc, having that discussion here would be going over very old ground.

Whereas golf is very much still outwardly to the public very much a gentlemen's game and anyone acting in an inappropriate way is going to attract attention.

It is all about standards we set for the behaviour in each sport. Fwiw I didn't think speiths behaviour was that bad, though I may have missed some comments to the caddy. I also would take a shock and awe approach to football if I was in charge. Admittedly we would be playing 8 a side for the first few months of my new rules but if footballers want to act in the way they currently do diving, cheating, being disrespectful to officials they can sit in the changing room for the rest of the game. They would eventually be forced to learn as the more disciplined teams would be doing the winning.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #74443 on: April 14, 2014, 10:00:29 PM »

Sure but the thing I don't get is how football has fallen so low and it is just accepted as being overrun with bad behaviour and bad sportsmanship but golf is still so stuffy that hitting the floor with a club is seen as so bad. I guess n the grand scheme of sporting misdemeanors it just seems a bit of a do about nothing to me.

You're spot on about football. The level of cheating now is out of control and the footballing authorities who could act to stamp it out, sit on their hands doing nothing about it. Total joke.

Always makes me cringe when I see presenters and ex pro's justifying players going down easily as if its acceptable.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74444 on: April 14, 2014, 10:03:44 PM »

Mind boggling........

Not always but further proof I need to get out more from the weekend was in a conversation about a website called Asianbabes.com I called it asianhandicaps.com to much ridicule about how my mind prioritised these things.

OK, as I know you better than anyone else here, and for longer, I'll ask the obvious question.

You were having a convo about a website called asianbabes?

Explain. We are all ears.

Pages: 1 ... 4959 4960 4961 4962 [4963] 4964 4965 4966 4967 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: