blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:41:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5009 5010 5011 5012 [5013] 5014 5015 5016 5017 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13610241 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #75180 on: April 22, 2014, 01:40:01 PM »

also, are the qualifying rounds over?

or are there as yet unseen contestants that could make this book pretty moot?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #75181 on: April 22, 2014, 01:42:27 PM »

There are plenty of auditions left.

Neither of them have a 'golden ticket' either.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #75182 on: April 22, 2014, 01:45:10 PM »

ok, so what does a golden ticket mean?

how do we know if any of these prices are value if we don't know who else gets through?

My eyes are open wide
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #75183 on: April 22, 2014, 01:50:06 PM »

The violin player has got no chance

Should we be lumping on at 1/50?

Don't watch this nonsense I'm afraid. Even I have limits.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #75184 on: April 22, 2014, 01:53:06 PM »

I like a couple of early bets on Britains Got Talent.

Darcy Oake is a Magician. Traditionally do not do well on this show and certainly not Simons favourite category. However he is a young and very handsome guy who is actually very good. Performed with Doves on Saturday night and got a standing ovation from both the crowd and all four judges. I think he has to make it to the live shows ( as the only magician) and could very well do enough to impress the public to get him into the final. Of course if the show want him there he will be given a good line up and possibly on last but nobody knows if this is going to happen yet. Has certainly got the attention of the public as his clip on YouTube has 4.5 million views already. I had him at about 5 or 6's so when I saw 10-1 1/2/3 1/5 with Laddies  I just think they have got the price very wrong. I've had a dabble each way.

http://darcyoake.com/index.html

Recommend £25 each way

A bit more of a long shot but Lettice Rowbotham ( yes that's really her real name) is a very good violinist ( also got standing ovation from all four judges) bit of a goofy posh bird, but seems very genuine and sincere. Saw an interview with her today and she has worked in the industry for last 20 years and has supported a lot of acts. Has turned down reality tv show Made in Chelsea twice and has played for Vladimir Putin's daughter. Once again can see her in the live shows ( after all they need variety for a talent show) she has a good chance of being liked by the public and at 33-1 with the same terms I'm happy to take a chance.

Recommend £5 each way

Obviously this has only just started and it's quite risky getting involved early hence the lower stakes but I can't see these two prices getting any bigger, pretty sure they will go the other way.

http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/britains-got-talent/winning-act

thank you

the format of this is judges vote them through to a final and the public picks the winner?

before i rush in, are there any opposing views, or chompys on these two?

This Lettice person got the posh person rub down in the Mail today.  Allegations that she has already played for the Prince of Wales and with Olly Murs as well.  Looked negative spin.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #75185 on: April 22, 2014, 01:56:26 PM »

Higgins making a decent fist of coming back from 9-4.  McManus got to be nervous now.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #75186 on: April 22, 2014, 01:56:37 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/man-utd/finishing-position-14-15

There just has to be value in this market.  I just can't have it on my mind Manure finishing 8th or lower next season.  The gap between 7th and 8th is huge.  Not sure where the value is though.

They are betting to 135%+ off the top off my head.  Not sure why you think there has to be value in it or why they can't possibly finish 8th or lower.  The players they have are deteriorating at a rate of knots.  This is almost certainly why the ever shrewd Ferguson decided to retire when he did and it is tough to see which top class stars decide to come to Old Trafford when there is no European football to be played next year and everything I have read suggests that if Van Gaal gets the job he is a slow starter and it takes a while for the players to get used to his approach.  The Glazers got through the mess they have made of managing the club financially because they had two consummate professionals in Ferguson and David Gill.  Now they have Ed Woodward who seems clueless as are the Glazers on all things football.  Not sure I would want to lay the 5/2 to be honest and I certainly wouldn't want to lay the 5/4 5th or worse with James and Stan.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #75187 on: April 22, 2014, 01:58:25 PM »

+1, can't bring myself to even look up the videos.  But would have to back the lettuce after Aaron's rec.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #75188 on: April 22, 2014, 02:04:06 PM »

ok, so what does a golden ticket mean?

how do we know if any of these prices are value if we don't know who else gets through?

If any of the 4 judges think the act is amazing they get a golden ticket to the Semi Final, neither of the suggested bets got the golden ticket. Not that it means that much though.

The violin bird shouldn't be making it to the final, never mind top 3. Not sure sure about the magic guy, could be a prospect for the final, but usually the winners or runner up have a bit more to them than bird out of hat stuff. I don't think any magic act would ever win BGT imo. No idea about price though sadly, don't bet on these things.

prob both will finish top two now obvs!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #75189 on: April 22, 2014, 02:10:02 PM »

Aren't we just waiting for some social misfit to bowl in singing a decent tune, so we can back up the truck?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #75190 on: April 22, 2014, 02:11:10 PM »

+1, can't bring myself to even look up the videos.  But would have to back the lettuce after Aaron's rec.

Skiy running scared of Aaron.  Max £2.  Hate to think what Laddies will do.  Go posh violin bird, win me £66.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #75191 on: April 22, 2014, 02:11:19 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/man-utd/finishing-position-14-15

There just has to be value in this market.  I just can't have it on my mind Manure finishing 8th or lower next season.  The gap between 7th and 8th is huge.  Not sure where the value is though.

They are betting to 135%+ off the top off my head.  Not sure why you think there has to be value in it or why they can't possibly finish 8th or lower.  The players they have are deteriorating at a rate of knots.  This is almost certainly why the ever shrewd Ferguson decided to retire when he did and it is tough to see which top class stars decide to come to Old Trafford when there is no European football to be played next year and everything I have read suggests that if Van Gaal gets the job he is a slow starter and it takes a while for the players to get used to his approach.  The Glazers got through the mess they have made of managing the club financially because they had two consummate professionals in Ferguson and David Gill.  Now they have Ed Woodward who seems clueless as are the Glazers on all things football.  Not sure I would want to lay the 5/2 to be honest and I certainly wouldn't want to lay the 5/4 5th or worse with James and Stan.

Hills go 11/10 top 4 finish.  Stan James 5/4 they don't finish in top 4 so there is clearly value around.  
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #75192 on: April 22, 2014, 02:13:47 PM »

Aren't we just waiting for some social misfit to bowl in singing a decent tune, so we can back up the truck?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #75193 on: April 22, 2014, 02:16:40 PM »

tikay may feel different, after all as such a noted aficianado of such shows he will have an opinion, but my view is to wait until we have seen all the audtion programmes.

Why would we back a magician and a violinist when (insert name of dog act) (insert name of this years susan boyle) (insert name of carphone warehouse opera singer) is in the coming weeks?

All for spotting value, but we don't even know the field yet

thanks Omm, Keep us in touch with what you see in the programmes and we can bet a bit down the line, even if we miss a bit of value now Idoubt there is too much risk in being sluggish with lettuce.

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #75194 on: April 22, 2014, 02:25:38 PM »

tikay may feel different, after all as such a noted aficianado of such shows he will have an opinion, but my view is to wait until we have seen all the audtion programmes.

Why would we back a magician and a violinist when (insert name of dog act) (insert name of this years susan boyle) (insert name of carphone warehouse opera singer) is in the coming weeks?

All for spotting value, but we don't even know the field yet

thanks Omm, Keep us in touch with what you see in the programmes and we can bet a bit down the line, even if we miss a bit of value now Idoubt there is too much risk in being sluggish with lettuce.

We opening that door, Tighty?

Lettuce wait and see what else there is cos there might be an iceberg ahead.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 5009 5010 5011 5012 [5013] 5014 5015 5016 5017 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: