blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:55:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5017 5018 5019 5020 [5021] 5022 5023 5024 5025 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13446175 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #75300 on: April 23, 2014, 06:49:45 PM »

Back to Music Master, he's best in at the weights, even giving 4lb to Redvers and 9lb to Mar Mar, and is open to more improvement.

This is 6f round Warwick, which is as sharp as they come. Redvers is a 7f horse through and through, and Mar Mar never wins.

Also, MM won first time up last year and Candy's are usually ready on comeback. 7/4 MM, 2/1 Redvers, 5/2 Mar Mar is nuts imo.

All Redvers best form in big fields with lots of pace too Chompy?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #75301 on: April 23, 2014, 06:50:38 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing-betting/2014-04-24-brighton/19:25/winner

Suggest £40 win Red Invader 11/4 365

Make it a 2's shot

reasoning to follow

£3.64 maximum restriction

5/2 betv ok?

sorry forgot that

reduce stake to £30 at bv price
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #75302 on: April 23, 2014, 06:52:30 PM »

Some people will bet on anything Roll Eyes

David Moyes is 13/2 with 888sport.com to be involved in this summer's World Cup as a BBC pundit.

pause

deliberate in case of ridicule

post...

Moyes was part of the BBC team in South Africa in 2010. I remember him being superb

I wouldn't expect him to rush into a management job (888 make him 4/1 to manage a PL club by the start of 2014-15) and I would imagine, profile wise, that he would be someone the BBC might seek for Brazil

No idea if he would consider it, or even if they offer it, but 13/2 made me sit up and take notice......

daft?

BBC 2010: Lee Dixon, Clarence Seedorf, Alan Hansen, Emmanuel Adebayor, Mark Bright and Alan Shearer

ITV 2010: Patrick Viera, Kevin Keegan, Edgar Davids, Marcel Desailly and François Piennar.

Euro 2012 lists were:

ITV: Gareth Southgate, Patrick Vieira, Jamie Carragher and Roy Keane

BBC: Shearer, Hansen, Lawro, Dixon.

Quite a few obvious gaps there. In fact, with the exception of Dixon moving to ITV, no guarantee of any of the others getting a seat.

Then there's this...

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the-pitch/man-utd/world-cup/news/moyes-asked-to-be-world-cup-pundit_130769.html

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #75303 on: April 23, 2014, 06:54:29 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing-betting/2014-04-24-brighton/19:25/winner

Suggest £40 win Red Invader 11/4 365

Make it a 2's shot

reasoning to follow

£3.64 maximum restriction

5/2 betv ok?

sorry forgot that

reduce stake to £30 at bv price

Bet(s) Confirmed

You have successfully placed 1 bet(s)

Total possible returns 105.00
Bet Receipt
Single Selections
19:25 RED INVADER (Horse Racing Outright - Race) Odds: 5/2 Stake: 30.00 Possible Return:  105.00

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #75304 on: April 23, 2014, 06:55:30 PM »

Some people will bet on anything Roll Eyes

David Moyes is 13/2 with 888sport.com to be involved in this summer's World Cup as a BBC pundit.

pause

deliberate in case of ridicule

post...

Moyes was part of the BBC team in South Africa in 2010. I remember him being superb

I wouldn't expect him to rush into a management job (888 make him 4/1 to manage a PL club by the start of 2014-15) and I would imagine, profile wise, that he would be someone the BBC might seek for Brazil

No idea if he would consider it, or even if they offer it, but 13/2 made me sit up and take notice......

daft?

BBC 2010: Lee Dixon, Clarence Seedorf, Alan Hansen, Emmanuel Adebayor, Mark Bright and Alan Shearer

ITV 2010: Patrick Viera, Kevin Keegan, Edgar Davids, Marcel Desailly and François Piennar.

Euro 2012 lists were:

ITV: Gareth Southgate, Patrick Vieira, Jamie Carragher and Roy Keane

BBC: Shearer, Hansen, Lawro, Dixon.

Quite a few obvious gaps there. In fact, with the exception of Dixon moving to ITV, no guarantee of any of the others getting a seat.

Then there's this...

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the-pitch/man-utd/world-cup/news/moyes-asked-to-be-world-cup-pundit_130769.html

Moyes was definitely a regular on the BBC 2010 Coverage, though (i have been researching youtube) in interviews at hotels/in depth pieces not on the studio chair at half time etc

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #75305 on: April 23, 2014, 06:58:00 PM »

Reasoning =

3 maiden runs last year/season showed ability on second start started fav for first two starts.

Came back on the all weather this winter with a basement mark for a trainer who does not bother with 50 rated horses. Ran twice under Jack Budge a rider who has not ridden in public before or since. Both rides were weak and lacked any positionally sense (especially at Lingfield were he looked like he had never seen a race there)

Been well backed all 3 starts this season and finally landed somebodies money last time at Southwell winning easily (poor race). At the time i thought the horse would get more than 6lbs for that but by getting 6lbs stays in a class 6 tommorow night.

Brighton first time a slight worry but i think this is a high 60's/low 70's horse if it is, it wins this.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #75306 on: April 23, 2014, 06:58:14 PM »

Fair enough, Tighty. Just did a quick browse of who the pundits were. I know they use some for a handful of the minor games, so all good if that counts. I like 13/2. Best hurry up before your Leicester money goes on Rita killing Tina McIntyre...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #75307 on: April 23, 2014, 07:04:50 PM »

Alan McManus v Ken Doherty - 2nd round snooker

http://www.oddschecker.com/snooker/world-championship/alan-mcmanus-v-ken-doherty/winner

Both players beat seeds in the first round. McManus, now making the second round for the first time since 2005, beat John Higgins 10-7 whilst former world champion Doherty beat Stuart Bingham 10-5.

Over best of 25 frames this will be a long and tight match and McManus has been priced as 10/11 favourite, Doherty 11/10.

I think there is a reaosnable chance that these prices are the wrong way round and that Doherty should be favourite.

McManus is a superb tactical safety player but did not have to score heavily to beat Higgins, who made notable mistakes in the first round match. Doherty on the other hand convincingly beat Bingham

Doherty is the higher ranked player 28 to 35, and neither have had the limelight and pressure of a last sixteen match in a ranking tournament for some time.

In 15 frames in the first round Ken had six breaks over 50

In 17 frames against Higgins McManus only had three breaks over 50, and that was sufficient to win

Of course McManus' style is tight, safety, restrict opponents, attritional style etc but over 25 frames he shouldn't be a heavy enough scorer to justify being odds on.....

to double check this i went back to qualifying. McManus beat our old friend Mark Williams 10-8 in the final round, his third qualifying win tbhis year. three breaks over 50 required to beat Williams, only

I think he's had a kind draw - Higgins in no form, Williams half interested if you catch him on the right day (arguably still has with Doherty)

Recommend £50 Doherty 11/10 BetFictor

I've had a few convo's re this game and the consensus seemed to be that one of the first prices up of 4/6 Ken and 11/10 Mcmanus was a terrible bit of pricing. Most people thought Macca was fav which is probably why that original price is long gone. I thought McManus was small fav myself but having missed the odds against I can't back him now . If you were going to go in again on Doherty it might make sense to wait until Friday as you might get  2.2 to 2.24 on BF when the markets becomes more competitive on there. Think it might well settle at around 5/6 6/5 ish.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #75308 on: April 23, 2014, 07:15:32 PM »

I was about to go back in on Kendo (Tighty can't), but guess we can/should wait now?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #75309 on: April 23, 2014, 07:16:37 PM »

Looks like Carlo was always destined to carry a few lbs overweight

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #75310 on: April 23, 2014, 07:29:19 PM »

Back to Music Master, he's best in at the weights, even giving 4lb to Redvers and 9lb to Mar Mar, and is open to more improvement.

This is 6f round Warwick, which is as sharp as they come. Redvers is a 7f horse through and through, and Mar Mar never wins.

Also, MM won first time up last year and Candy's are usually ready on comeback. 7/4 MM, 2/1 Redvers, 5/2 Mar Mar is nuts imo.

Yup, totally. The difference between a Victoria Cup and a 6f conditions race round Warwick in a small field is massive. Price has timberrrrrredddddd.

Doesn't it say it all about Choral that they had to refer a bet of £105-£60?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 07:31:43 PM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #75311 on: April 23, 2014, 07:46:54 PM »

Yup, totally. The difference between a Victoria Cup and a 6f conditions race round Warwick in a small field is massive. Price has timberrrrrredddddd.

Just goes back to the £25k 'loltraders' who literally can't price up a coin flip it's quite embarrassing how someone claiming to be a horse racing 'compiler' can make such ricks on races which are not exactly the toughest to price up.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #75312 on: April 23, 2014, 07:48:57 PM »

Did you get the bet though?

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #75313 on: April 23, 2014, 08:12:35 PM »

Just goes back to the £25k 'loltraders' who literally can't price up a coin flip it's quite embarrassing how someone claiming to be a horse racing 'compiler' can make such ricks on races which are not exactly the toughest to price up.

I saw a stunning to me anyway convo on Twitter this week  (I think Neil was involved in the convo) where one of the Corals guys was saying that bookamakers would struggle if they had no FOBT's and had to resort to just bookmaking again. Was almost along the lines of ' well if bookmaking is so easy then set up a shop and see how that goes etc etc.

If I had a Twitter account I so wanted to ask him how many FOBT's Bet365 have and how come they have managed to become an industry leader in ten years without the huge FOBT advantage that bricks and mortar operators have. It was a if the guy was just saying we don't want to be just bookamakers coz it's too hard when we have all this free and risk free cash coming in.

Game is in a terrible shape.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #75314 on: April 23, 2014, 08:16:56 PM »

It is shocking isn't it, these days most firms just stick up the tissue with a few tweaks and supposedly let the punters knock it into shape, tho their idea of knocking the prices into shape now consists of having 60 quid bets go thru to bet ref. If you bet on horses early in the morning and they get shorter they will restrict you to pennies anyway. Just pretty embarrassing all round isn't it?

Pages: 1 ... 5017 5018 5019 5020 [5021] 5022 5023 5024 5025 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: