blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 11:04:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272881 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5564 5565 5566 5567 [5568] 5569 5570 5571 5572 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13563208 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83505 on: July 21, 2014, 05:30:20 PM »

Great write up Mark_porter.  TfT at its best.

Yup, & in so many ways.

We'll have some fun with this one, fo sho.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #83506 on: July 21, 2014, 05:33:23 PM »

Haven't looked at any stats but does this format really suit favourites better than matches where it is best of 3 sets - Isn't there a chance of a dog getting off to a flyer and then just holding his throw and limping over the line.  With set formats even if the dog wins the first couple of sets he has to start over again from scratch in each set before he gets over the line.  Might be completely wrong on this, but if the same applied in tennis I'd rather back Nadal to win over 5 sets than in a first to 18 games scenario.
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #83507 on: July 21, 2014, 05:36:10 PM »

Def not a rec.

Just throwing this out there for debate.

Whilst I think Rooney will and should get the captaincy-he's priced accordingly.

Was looking down the market and Hart and Cahill seem short enough, Henderson and Baines seem very short at 33's.

Thoughts on Wilshire or Barkley both@50's? Surely the future of england's midfield for the next ten years.

Feel the former especially seems an england captain in waiting but maybe after a difficult year it's come at the wrong time.

Just would rather back one of those@party prices if looking to oppose Rooney.

Interested to hear people's views.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83508 on: July 21, 2014, 05:40:11 PM »

I must admit i didn't realise Ando had never made the last 8 of this event in his career.  Quite amazing really.  Can't really see it being worth anything looking forward just small sample variance unless he struggles with the heat of the old fashioned venue (always held in mid July) like Barney seems to a bit.  The format should suit a heavy scorer like him more than the average player.

I'm liking the trend.

Ando

Saur

Coming soon.....

Mardo

Roro

RvPo

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #83509 on: July 21, 2014, 05:41:44 PM »

Def not a rec.

Whilst I think Rooney will and should get the captaincy-he's priced accordingly.

Was looking down the market and Hart and Cahill seem short enough, Henderson and Baines seem very short at 33's.

Thoughts on Wilshire or Barkley both@50's? Surely the future of england's midfield for the next ten years.

Feel the former especially seems an england captain in waiting but maybe after a difficult year it's come at the wrong time.

Wiltshire must be a million to get it.  Not even a gtd starter and after his 2nd drinking/smoking antics in a year in vegas seems impossible to be given it.  The FA's image with kids/sponsors makes it virtually impossible imo.  

Rooney isn't a natural leader at all and a striker.  Hardly likely to be given the job imo.  Hart for similar reasons as a keeper seems unlikely.  

TBH i got no idea who should get it.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #83510 on: July 21, 2014, 05:42:52 PM »

Def not a rec.

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea for the England set up, but Roy is pretty conservative and likely to be more so after he went attacking in the world cup and it blew up in his face.  Think he'll just want to play safe all the way to Euro 2016 to let the heat subside, and thus pick Rooney.  This this idea would be a much bigger runner if Roy had been replaced.  
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #83511 on: July 21, 2014, 05:48:54 PM »

I've had to get involved@1/2 with Unibet on Rooney to get the Captaincy.

Think the general 1/3-1/4 is more sensible.

I actually thought he'd be nearer 1/5.

Still think he's our best player and one of the few with mucho experience.

Will still save with Wilshire incase Woy feels like punting.

Maybe Barkley is too young at 20.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #83512 on: July 21, 2014, 06:24:43 PM »

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11240046/cleveland-cavaliers-sign-andrew-wiggins-week

Wiggins looks set to stay with the Cavs so there goes his shot at the roy in the NBA.  Looks a 2 horse race now with the 2 we are on.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #83513 on: July 21, 2014, 06:38:12 PM »

If memory serves, wasn't Henderson the captain of the Under 21s, so he at least has some pedigree.

I do hope Rooney doesn't get it, as it will be even tougher to turf him out of the team.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #83514 on: July 21, 2014, 06:53:35 PM »

If memory serves, wasn't Henderson the captain of the Under 21s, so he at least has some pedigree.

I do hope Rooney doesn't get it, as it will be even tougher to turf him out of the team.

Whole thing looks like an unsavoury market to me. Short priced jolly who'll likely get the nod. No one else pushing for the armband and were just left second-guessing an uninspiring committee's decision.

I'll be tuning in to the soothing sounds of Nit FM.

Click to see full-size image.

Fig 1. Unsavoury Market

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83515 on: July 21, 2014, 07:06:24 PM »

I think it was 4-1 in favour of this one

21 Jul 2014 - Gary Anderson v Jamie Caven - Match Betting

Gary Anderson @ 2/5

Stake : £50.00
Estimated Returns : £
Transaction Reference:
O/0457483/0001033/F

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #83516 on: July 21, 2014, 07:28:28 PM »

Just to briefly return to the Walter Hagen discussion we were having this morning.

I played golf this lunchtime with Simon/Slo-Mo and asked him if he knew who the third man was to have won more than ten majors. He did indeed say Walter Hagen although he was less than impressed with Walter's tally of five USPGA wins amongst them as he says that it was a match-play event in those days and the winner defended his title with a bye to the final the following year rather like the old snooker world title.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Eddycadub

View Profile
« Reply #83517 on: July 21, 2014, 07:49:02 PM »

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11240046/cleveland-cavaliers-sign-andrew-wiggins-week

Wiggins looks set to stay with the Cavs so there goes his shot at the roy in the NBA.  Looks a 2 horse race now with the 2 we are on.

Him signing doesn't mean he is necessarily staying, just that any trade involving him can't happen for a month, and they are sorting their salary cap stuff out.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #83518 on: July 21, 2014, 07:52:31 PM »

Hi everyone.  Quick public service announcement.

It's Wilshere. No T in it, not like the county and not with an ending like any county or shire. Wilshere.

I will be back periodically to enshire everyone wilt spells itz currectly.

He will not be England Captain either.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83519 on: July 21, 2014, 07:55:26 PM »

I like the thought of it being Cahill

Automatic choice

Plenty of experience

more of a team guy than some

popular in the FA (chosen to do those ridiculous world cup diary vlogs)

I expect it will be Rooney, too, but i think he is the realistic alternative

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 5564 5565 5566 5567 [5568] 5569 5570 5571 5572 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: